Author Topic: News from Paws inn  (Read 103065 times)

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
Re: News from Paws inn
« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2013, 08:02:29 AM »
Fingers crossed here too that all goes according to plan  :) :)
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2013, 06:55:23 AM »

Ah yes, but what about Treacle Pudding?   :wow:  And - and - Ginger pudding!!   :Luv2: :wow:

But you're right - Fontaine and Dainty have been aiting patiently for ages now.......  :doh:

Oh Carol.  Can't wait to be put out of our misery......  :hug: :hug:  Understand the need for silence in the meantime....    :shify: :shify:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2013, 21:45:57 PM »
OOooh me too ! :clap:

My wish list: Fontaine, Dainty and Ben.  :wish:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2013, 19:16:36 PM »
Keeping my fingers crossed that all the rehomings go to plan :)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2013, 18:40:28 PM »

After a good start to the year re-homing has stalled.....

Who would have thought that the Gods read Purrs.  ;D  I'm not going to tempt fate by naming names but if all goes according to plan   we'll be waving bye-bye to some inmates on Saturday.  :crossed:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 18:41:16 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2013, 07:52:07 AM »
Thanks for the update Carol. Gorgeous pics  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2013, 07:04:18 AM »

Oh Carol - splendid photographs and lovely to receive the latest update.   ;D ;D  Aren't they all so gorgeous?   :wow:  It's a shame re-homing has ground to something of a halt.  I guess we'd all love tobe able to help in an ideal world, but it's so sad such beautiful cats are still waiting for loving forever homes.   :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2013, 06:14:04 AM »
Aaaww Bee (squeak!)  :Luv2: :Luv2:

And you managed to tug another heartstring with the utterly beautiful Fontaine. I wish I wish  :wish:

Thanks Carol, hope things start to pick up soon on the re-homing front.  :thanks:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2013, 23:46:11 PM »
Fab photos Carol   ;D Love the ones of Dainty & Fontaine popping up through the hole!   :Luv:

Fingers crossed that rehoming picks up soon  :shy:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2013, 22:00:09 PM »
Fabulous photo's Carol  ;D and some of my favourite Inn cat Dainty  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Sorry to hear homing is slow, hope it picks up again soon.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2013, 16:11:30 PM »
Everybody else is well and the last time I was there was a lovely sunny day so we all indulged in some Spring fever. :evillaugh:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2013, 16:00:13 PM »
The big new platform scratchposts that we ordered just before Christmas (courtesy of the Purrs auction) still haven’t arrived but the smaller ones have, and Dainty and Fontaine kindly agreed to model one for you.  Fontaine also thought you might like a view of her scrummy tummy.  :Luv2:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2013, 15:58:10 PM »
All is relatively quiet at the Inn right now.  After a good start to the year re-homing has stalled, with no promising enquiries since Piri and Teze left for pastures new nearly a month ago.  The good news is the girls made themselves at home in double quick time.  We received pics of them relaxing on the sofa within the first 24 hours and have recently had lovely shots of them being mischievous.   ;D

Since being put into separate pens Ben’s behaviour is just fine and Millie is getting more sociable – so long as you don’t touch the bottom of her back which results in a hissy fit – or worse.  There is no evidence of current injury so whether she’s been hurt there in the past or just has a sensitive back we don’t know, but forewarned is forearmed.  :shify:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2013, 07:06:39 AM »

Just swinging by to say "Hi" to all at The Inn this morning.  Hoping all is good  :Luv:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
News from Paws inn
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2013, 20:35:21 PM »
Oh Carol so many gorgeous babes at the inn my heart is all a flutter . Sendin tons of love over to you wonderful lot xxxxxx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2013, 10:50:53 AM »
What gorgeous cats! :) Thanks for the update, Carol. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2013, 20:56:06 PM »
Thanks for the updates and pics Carol  :Luv:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2013, 07:52:24 AM »

Treacle has a very noble face - I love her nose.  ;D

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »
Its the white paws and little white toes that make me do the invonluntary sqeak. Lovely puds.

Nicky

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2013, 07:23:19 AM »
Ben is so like my Beau it takes me back 15 years. What a little cutie he is.  :Luv2: :Luv2: And well, little Treacle Pudding could BE Polly (you know my weakness for monochromes, same as Teresa  :innocent: ) that expression is so sweet, I forget, though, is Treacle a girl? Such a pretty face.  :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2013, 07:13:52 AM »
:thanks: Carol

:drool; just about sums it up! You know my weakness for gingers and these lovely boys are no exception! That little white stripe on Jimbo's nose caused involuntary squeaking noises! :blow kiss:

Me too!  Me too!!    :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:  Swoon........     ;D  And Ben is beautiful too of course he is.  They all are.  But check out those little ginger movers.  :wow:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2013, 18:17:09 PM »
 :thanks: Carol

:drool; just about sums it up! You know my weakness for gingers and these lovely boys are no exception! That little white stripe on Jimbo's nose caused involuntary squeaking noises! :blow kiss:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2013, 18:14:24 PM »

I bet Sonny & Jimbo are big boys now too but very difficult to visualise :see:  :naughty:

Go on then, just for you Helen.  I took these on Saturday but they're not very good which is why I didn't post them before.  Sonny isn't easy to photograph because his favourite toys are my camera strap and the toggles on my fleece. :evillaugh:

I'm allowed 4 pics so you can have another one pf Ginger Pudding sparring.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2013, 17:23:01 PM »
Ben is lovely  :Luv: His markings on his body remind me of a border collie so I'm going to nickname him Border Collie Ben  :naughty: Hope his relaxed vibes rub off on his Mum soon!  :-[

Lovely pics of the puddings too, haven't they grown  :Luv2: I bet Sonny & Jimbo are big boys now too but very difficult to visualise :see:  :naughty:

Thanks for that Sam.  I think Rosalind would video well because she’s always playful, not just when she’s had catnip.  ;D  All it needs now is for one of us to master the art.  :doh:

The Paws Inn website has a tab for youtube videos on each cat's entry... not sure if that is asking too much though to take video, upload to PC AND upload to youtube! :shy: If you or Debbie have an iphone it's very easy - if you were using your camera you'd need to use the cable to transfer to your PC...

• Royal Cat
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2013, 15:31:59 PM »
Thanks for that Sam.  I think Rosalind would video well because she’s always playful, not just when she’s had catnip.  ;D  All it needs now is for one of us to master the art.  :doh:

Everybody seemed happy at the Inn yesterday.  :)  I decided it was time to let Ben explore his surroundings and while he was doing that I sat on T’s perching stool to watch.  Next thing I knew he was up my knee, purring like a tractor, head butting me and demanding cuddles.  :Luv2:  He seemed a bit bemused when I got the toys out so I suspect that’s something that’s new to him, but like all youngsters he couldn’t resist the roundabout thing with the ball inside.  :evillaugh:

Millie greeted me with a growl  :-: but at least she didn’t hide from me.  She was looking much more relaxed so I started to stroke her and she was soon purring.  She did give another growl when I put Ben back in the pen, and Rob says either one of them can occasionally be a bit feisty at feeding times, so maybe there’s a bit of competition going on there.  We’ll see how it goes but we’ll have the option of separating them if needs be when Piri and Teze go to their new home at the weekend.

The puddings were a bit quiet with me on Saturday so I think either they’d forgotten me or were punishing me for neglecting them, because they were just the opposite yesterday.  Treacle had me roaring with laughter by managing to play with four different toys and display Olympian prowess at sprinting and gymnastics, all within the space of a few seconds.  :rofl:  Ginger was a little more sedate, preferring to hone his sparring and mountaineering skills. :evillaugh:

Doesn’t time fly, Sonny and Jimbo were neutered yesterday.  They slept in the car on the way back and were very purry when they got home.   :Luv2: 

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2013, 13:48:30 PM »
we often get a response from featuring cats on our facebook page, had a few were people have come down to see the one cat they have seen a photo of! somone else saw a video of a cat and spent the time waiting for us to open checking pet insurance quotes  ;D

Rosalind looks super  :Luv: i'm sure the last pic with her with the paws in the air would get her some interested fans.
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2013, 08:26:12 AM »
Thanks for the update Carol  :)

I feel so sad for Rosalind  :( She's such a gorgeous little girl  :Luv: :Luv:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2013, 07:00:10 AM »

Aw Carol - am loving the piccies.  :wow:   Rosalind is beautiful - shown particularly well in the photo of her on her back, paws in the air.  There must be someone out there who'd be willing to give her a chance even when she's not keen on being handled?  Admittedly it's a problem come vet visit times, but they're hopefully only annual checks for the most part.  She's lovely, bles her.

Also loving the other piccies - Millie is a little stunner, and I can't believe how like Bunty Ben is.   :evillaugh:
Sad they're a bit mistrustful, but well done to you and Debbie for your herculean efforts with the catnip knots.  Hope Daddy Rob's bite is healing without too much trouble.

So glad Piri and Teze have a new home - it sounds ideal.   :)  Teresa would be so pleased.   :Luv:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2013, 23:46:56 PM »
Rosalind is just so beautiful. Why does she get overlooked? If she shy with strangers?

Nicky

She's not too keen on being handled which can make showing her to people difficult as they like to hold the cats.  I think the problem is that she associates being picked up with being put back in her pen and while sometimes she's fine, at other times she has been known to lash out and obviously we have to tell people this.  I'm sure that once she has the freedom to roam she'll settle down but its a bit of a catch 22 because until she settles down she's unlikely to get a home. She's not keen on other cats either which makes finding an experienced home for her even more difficult.   

Helen I think her write-up needs a bit more explanation but I'll have to run it by Debbie first so maybe hold off until I can do that.  :thanks:

I think Piri and Teze will probably be going on Saturday and I have no idea whether they will keep their names, as we've only just found out that they are the chosen two.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2013, 23:21:25 PM »
Wonderful news for Max & Tippy, if only all the cats could find homes so quickly  :wow: Fab news for Piri-Teze too  ;D When do they go?  Will they be keeping their names?  :naughty:

Millie & Ben sound very confused, hope they settle down and realise that they are safe at the Inn and that the right home comes along for them  :) Such a beautiful pair  :Luv2:

As for Rosalind, am finding it difficult to believe that she could be overlooked  :Crazy: Such a pretty girl and I've always wanted a tabby & white *must resist, must resist* I'll change her pics on the website tomorrow and 'feature' her on the FB page - is her write up still fairly accurate?

Rosalind is around a year old and arrived at Paws Inn with her four beautiful babies who had to be taken away from her and hand reared because she was too run down to feed them. She has now recovered her vitality and is playful and affectionate but doesn’t get on well with other cats so being in a rescue situation doesn’t suit her and she can sometimes become frustrated. She is looking for a home as an only pet with no small children. Rosalind has been spayed and microchipped and is fully vaccinated.

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2013, 19:49:50 PM »
Rosalind is just so beautiful. Why does she get overlooked? If she shy with strangers?

Nicky

• Royal Cat
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2013, 19:19:48 PM »
Poor Rosalind never seems to impress anybody – she’s her own worst enemy and yet she’s a lovely playful cat.  I think she needs some better publicity so she too got the catnip knotty treatment while I got the camera out.  Would any of these pics get you interested?

• Royal Cat
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2013, 19:13:46 PM »
Just a quick update on comings and goings at the inn.  18 month old Millie and her 5/6 month old kitten Ben arrived just over a week ago.  Both were well behaved in the carrier and enjoyed some fussing before being taken to the pens, at which point Debbie was treated to a performance of hissing, spitting, growling and swiping, worthy of the feistiest feral.  :shocked:  Ben continued to lash out for several days (I think he even bit Rob once when he was doing the feeding) and Millie took cover under her bedding, only coming out to eat.

Both had a vet visit on Wednesday, Ben for neutering and Millie for vaccinations, and after that Ben seemed calmer but Millie continued to hide.  When I went on Saturday I took Ben out of the pen for cuddles and a play with a dangly toy and he was fine, so either he’s settled down now or it was the catnip knotty I’d given him to play with before picking him up that did the trick.  :rofl:  As for Millie, I wouldn’t have known she was there at all but for the constant growling coming from under the bedding.  :scared:  Catnip knotty to the rescue again (thanks Tan  ;) ) and she couldn’t resist coming out for a sniff and a half-hearted poke at it, so I got a couple of pics.  She was very wide-eyed and wary, but she did stop growling – temporarily.  :evillaugh:  Fast forward 24 hours and Debbie did some pen swapping and says the change in Millie following the move was instant.  ;D  She was much more relaxed and enjoyed lots of strokes so hopefully that is continuing.  Weather permitting I’ll be over there on Wednesday so I’ll see what she’s like with me and whether Ben is still my friend.  He’s the spitting image of my Bunty so I can’t resist giving him cuddles.  :Luv2:

Tippy was spayed on Wednesday then went to her new home with best pal Max on Saturday.  ;D  The family have two boys aged 8 and 5 and Debbie says it was love at first sight – for the felines that is. :evillaugh: They were all over the boys who were thrilled to bits and very gentle with them.  Mum hopes they will now stop pining for their elderly cat who had to be pts a couple of months ago.  I think she was smitten with Tippy and Max too, but who wouldn’t be, they’re such lovely natured kittens.  She’s home all day so I’m sure they won’t want for attention, which is something they love.  All in all it sounds like a match made in heaven.  :)

We actually had lots of enquiries for Tippy and Max and Debbie showed a couple round yesterday who initially contacted us because of those two.  We’ve been on tenterhooks ever since but they’ve decided on …………… Piri and Teze.  ;D  Those two girls can certainly tell when a potential home is in the offing and apparently they pulled out all the stops and gave the performance of their lives, having narrowly missed out to Athena and Peaseblossom and then to Olivia in the past.

Photo time.  ;D  You can just see Millie’s ear sticking out from under the blanket on the pic called Ben3.  :rofl:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2013, 09:45:03 AM »
Cor she's looking gorgeous!  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Hats off to all at the Inn, so many lives you've saved.  :gold stars:

Teresa, if you're seeing this message as it flashes across the heavens, I hope you are very, very proud of yourself.  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2013, 06:55:06 AM »

Helem, that  picture perfectly illustrates the difference Teresa makes.  What a difference in a cat.   :)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2013, 16:15:58 PM »
Oh wow! What a difference.   :) :)

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2013, 16:10:06 PM »
 :wooooo: great news all round  ;D How plump and glossy does Olivia look now  :wow: For any latecomers to the Paws Inn thread this pic is her when she was at deaths door dumped in a box with her babies  :(

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 16:58:51 PM by Tiggy's Mum, Reason: add side by side pic »

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2013, 08:46:47 AM »
Thanks for the updates Carol  :hug:

So glad to hear that Olivia has finally got her forever home  :) :)

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2013, 07:12:48 AM »

Aw, Carol - the lovely Biggles.  We're so pleased he's on the mend now.  :hug:

And what brilliant news from The Inn  ;D  So pleased for Olivia and for Breeze (well done Debbie  :evillaugh:) and they both look very well settled.   :)

and two of the puddings gone too!  :wow:  Am hoping that the merits of Conelius and Rosaline will become very clear to another set of re-homers who will give them the home they deserve. 

Sending much love and big hugs to all at the Inn, with gentle snoozles to those for whom 'tis more appropriate.   :hug: :hug:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2013, 23:26:27 PM »
I’ve been neglecting my duties regarding updates haven’t I but then I’ve been neglecting my visits to the Inn as well because of a poorly puss (my Biggles, now recovered) and bad weather.

Rob and Debbie have been slaving away though and there is good news on the rehoming front.  Olivia was reserved before Christmas for collection on 5th Jan and while she was still waiting to go to her new home another potential home came long.  :Crazy:  How ironic is that after the length of time she had been waiting without so much as a sniff of interest.   Debbie saved the day with her best sales talk and Breeze, one of the 3 B’s, got the second home instead.  ;D  Both cats have settled well and we have the pictures to prove it.  ;)

Olivia is an only cat and is being spoiled rotten.  Apparently she likes to nibble a little Brioche bread as an occasional treat which made me laugh because my two are partial to a naughty nibble of bread but have to slum it with Warburtons sliced.  :rofl:  Breeze went as companion to an older cat and within the first couple of days they were sharing a settee – opposite ends, but a brilliant start.  ;D  We’re delighted at that one because re-homing three together is virtually impossible, and so often a pair go first, leaving one all alone which is really sad.   It would be nice if we could find a home for Bee and Bayleaf now.  :shify:

The rehoming situation gets even more bizarre because we had no less than four enquiries about Pudding.  :-:  She chose herself a lovely home where she relocated last Saturday and Debbie worked her magic again on one of the disappointed ‘also-rans’ who took Toffee Pudding (a miniature version of her mum) and Figgy pudding (black boy).   ;D  Unfortunately nobody was interested in either Rosalind or Cornelius as alternatives to Pudding.  :(

You’d think that with all this rehoming we’d have loads of room now wouldn’t you but that’s not the case.  Just one pen was emptied as a result of all that activity and Ginger and Treacle Pudding have taken it, because the  recently created big pen they shared with the rest of their family is not easy to heat in this weather.  Meanwhile. Pansydora and Rosalind are still in collapsibles in the lounge.

Link to CatChat