Author Topic: News from Paws inn  (Read 102946 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: News from Paws inn
« Reply #311 on: March 14, 2014, 07:10:22 AM »

A little - and very lovely - bird tells me that there's been some re-homing going on at the Inn, and that Cornelius and Rosalind have something to be happy about.   ;D  And Pepe and Pepper too - hiss-spits no more, but loving purring bundles of gorgeousness.   :naughty:

Mr Cledford too now has his forever home, and appears to be settling in really well.  How good is that??

Reasons to be cheerful........ :wow:   Cuddles to all of the Inn's remaining occupants.  You're all gorgeous, and your time will come.   :Luv: :hug: :cat rub: :catlove2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #310 on: March 06, 2014, 12:43:34 PM »

Just popping by to send gentle purrs and headbutts from the boys, and cuddles from me to all at the Inn.  I cant believe Pansydora is still there, bless her heart.   :hug: :hug:

Hope Bootsie continues to do well, and passing on our love.   :Luv:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #309 on: January 19, 2014, 10:50:30 AM »
Wonderful update! Love the photos. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #308 on: January 05, 2014, 21:48:04 PM »
Thanks so much for the update Carol.  They are all simply gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Am especially thoroughly delighted that Anastasia's treatment on her nose was so obviously successful  :) :) :)

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #307 on: January 05, 2014, 16:08:01 PM »
Oh my, cuteness overload  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: Those tabbies  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Thank you so much Carol for the update  :hug: :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #306 on: January 04, 2014, 16:40:07 PM »
What a lovely update, thank you so much  ;D It is fantastic to hear of the work you are doing and the cats that have found loving homes.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #305 on: January 04, 2014, 13:09:44 PM »
Carol thank you,  :thankyou: what a brilliant, positive update!  ;D

I'm so happy for the little ones who've been rehomed, and hopeful for those who were almost there, but not quite. I'm sure the family will find themselves a more suitable pet, then try again in a few years, and when they do it will be The Inn they come to.  :) Anastasia looks so happy, and Cornelius is almost certainly waiting for a moment alone to let rip on that catnip toy  :shify: :evillaugh:

Those little tabbies will be whisked off before you know it - who could resist such beautiful, cheeky faces  :Luv: and as for Dainty! Well I never, what a front  :evillaugh: I can barely believe it's the same cat who has been struggling with her confidence for so long. Delightful  ;D Great news about young Bootsie, too - you have a wonderful vet in Andy.  ;D

Oh and don't let me near the new blacks - I'm already confusing my Polly and Kuki as they look so alike, adding a Poppy or Pepe would almost go unnoticed if I played my cards right  :sneaky:

Happy New Year to all at the Inn  :newyr 1: with fervent hopes this late run of good luck continues apace.  :luck:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #304 on: January 04, 2014, 09:42:03 AM »
Thankyou for the update Carol, what an abundance of gorgeousness  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #303 on: January 03, 2014, 21:00:56 PM »
Oh Carol - thank you!  Amazing pictures and updates.  :)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #302 on: January 03, 2014, 20:53:11 PM »
When Toby and Marmite were rehomed we decided we were going to try to keep their pen vacant because its not the easiest to heat in the winter, so they were able to move straight back in.  Dainty was very pleased to see them, and they her.  ;D

She’s getting braver is Dainty and whenever we open her pen she goes out to see what the boys are up to.  I think she wants to move in with them.  :shify: Last Sunday she opened the bin where we keep the litter, threw out the kitchen roll that we hide in there so they can’t scratch it pieces, then climbed in and stared me in the eye as if defying me to tell her off.  :rofl:  Time was she wouldn’t even look at me.  :)

That's all till next time.  Hope you enjoyed the pics.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #301 on: January 03, 2014, 20:46:45 PM »
The hiss-spits also have to be bribed to pose for a group shot.  :evillaugh:

…..and when it comes to individual portraits Pepper even has to be restrained  ;)

………as does Pablo  :shify:

Pepé always ends up looking like an old man…..

…and Poppy always manages to look the most playful of the four, which just goes to show how the camera can lie.  :Crazy:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #300 on: January 03, 2014, 19:21:07 PM »
For such Hollywood greats our film stars are surprisingly camera-shy, in fact the only way to get them all together on film is to let them fight over treats.  :evillaugh:

They’re not easy to tell apart, with the exception of Burt who is the only mackerel tabby and the biggest of the four.

The other three have virtually identical markings but provided they’re all together Charlton is identifiable by the fact that he’s the smallest.  He’s also the noisiest.  :rofl:

It takes a practised eye to tell Humphrey and Lauren apart (from the front that is  :evillaugh: ) but Lauren has a slightly darker face and is usually to found beating up one or other of her brothers.

Humphrey usually has his ears pricked up which makes them look huge  :rofl: but I’ve been kind to him and chosen a pic where they’re not that obvious.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #299 on: January 03, 2014, 17:07:32 PM »
Cornelius wasn’t quite sure about his valerian toy – I think he’s a catnip man, and the youngsters were far too quick for us to get any decent pics.

I did manage to catch Bootsie in hot pursuit of his toy is out of shot.  We got the news we were waiting for about Bootsie just before Christmas.  He and brother Smudge went for neutering and Andy vet was able to confirm that his rectal muscles are now working as they should and gave us the OK for him to go up for rehoming.  ;D  There are no guarantees that he won’t have problems in the future and at the first sign of trouble he will need to see a vet immediately, so they will need a very special home because he won’t be insurable for that condition or anything related to it.  :sigh:

Does anybody remember Perky who came to the Inn in late May of this year after waiting ages for a space?  Her previous owner acquired her as a kitten for mousing duties but when she wasn’t up to the job he treated her badly.  Fortunately for her an elderly couple discovered her plight and fed her and let her sleep in their garage, but they couldn’t let her in the house because their dog wouldn’t tolerate her and she felt the same way about the dog. 

So, she has never lived in a house.  :(  Until now.  ;D  She left the Inn just before Christmas and we thought she might take a while to adjust to her new surroundings but we’ve had a progress report and she seems to have settled well.  She’s already explored the whole house, played with her new toys, been generous with her cuddles and decided the best place to sleep is on her new slaves’ bed.  :)  Oh, and climbed the Christmas tree – three times.  :evillaugh:

Poor Toby and Marmite weren’t quite so lucky.  They found themselves a lovely home but unfortunately weren’t happy with the children and were quickly returned to the Inn.  :(  Despite the speed with which it happened, it wasn’t a decision that was taken lightly by the family, whose concern was for the cats’ welfare.  They were all in tears when Debbie went to pick the boys up.

I’ve just checked when it was that I last did a proper update and it was early October  :-[ so I guess you don’t know that kittens Troy and Topsy went to their forever home ages ago.  Sylvia and Hayley went to theirs not long afterwards, and that left Royston (he of the big ears and goatee beard  ;D ) all alone.  He’s still with us, but will be leaving this weekend.  :)  He was reserved several weeks ago and has had regular visits from his new slaves who have been fostering a dog over the Christmas and New Year period so couldn’t take him before.  Doesn’t time fly, he’s six months old and was neutered yesterday.  :shocked:

Mum Kitty was spayed and returned to her owner as agreed in November, but her kittens are still at the Inn, and are absolutely adorable.  :Luv2:  We’ve called them after film stars: Humphrey (Bogart), Lauren (Bacall), Burt (Lancaster) and Charlton (Heston).  They’re too fast to photograph but I’ll try to sort out a few half-decent ones.

The Hisspits are also still with us and are even more difficult to photograph with three of them being black, but I’ll see what I can find and post them later.  Poppy is still timid but the other three are friendly and cuddly, especially Pepper. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 17:09:14 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

• Royal Cat
« Reply #298 on: January 03, 2014, 16:53:49 PM »
I’d best post the promised pics of the oldies with their Christmas toys before you all forget there’s ever been a Christmas.  :-[

It was a very festive one for all the cats, because not only did they have new toys, they also had a big turkey that their Auntie Debbie cooked for them.  :drool;  By the time I went last weekend they were all begging for a sachet of ordinary cat food.  :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #297 on: January 02, 2014, 07:38:16 AM »

Popping in to say I hope all at The Inn had a wonderful Christmas, and wishing all occupants - hooman and furry - the very best for the year to come.  May it be quieter and a fruitful one in terms of re-homing and funding.  :hug: :hug:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #296 on: December 26, 2013, 19:00:11 PM »
Thanks for the update and pics Carol.

Bless you Pav  :hug: :hug:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #295 on: December 24, 2013, 21:21:15 PM »
 Aww bless :Luv: :Luv:

Thank you Carol, cant wait to see Anastasia little face :Luv2:
Merry Christmas to every one furry and human in Paws inn. :hug: :hug:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #294 on: December 24, 2013, 18:58:53 PM »
Sorry for the lack of updates of late.  I had planned to a big Christmas one but time is not on my side so I’ll just say Merry Christmas from all at Paws Inn and promise to update you before the new year.

The cats want to thank everybody who has supported them throughout the year, with special thanks to their Auntie Pav for the wonderful box of Christmas toys.  ;D  I’m afraid they couldn’t wait and got stuck into it on Sunday.  Anastasia had first choice and even opened the packet herself (pics to follow when Debbie has time, they’re on her phone).  Rosalind was thrilled to bits with the catnip Christmas tree while Dainty preferred valerian as always.  I’m afraid the photo shoot got a bit interrupted by visitors bearing gifts but I’ll try again next time I’m there.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #293 on: November 14, 2013, 15:49:01 PM »
Oh wow, kittens are cute and all but - Toby and Marmite  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:

Gorgeous!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #292 on: November 14, 2013, 14:29:23 PM »
Ohhhh, I’m in tabby kitten heaven looking at these pics. Heart. Melted.  :Luv:
Those little angels!!
But Royston….with that little goatee. I’m in love. :Luv2:
How completely beautiful Toby and Marmite are, they look so dignified and relaxed in comparison to all those kitten shots.

Fingers crossed forever homes are on their way  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #291 on: November 12, 2013, 07:17:41 AM »

Topping up the hugs for everyone at The Inn.  Hoping all is well.   :hug: :hug: 

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #290 on: October 24, 2013, 07:09:13 AM »

Sending all at the Inn a big hug this morning.  Thinking of you all.   :hug: :hug:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #289 on: October 13, 2013, 19:42:15 PM »
Thanks for the update Carol. Beautiful pics  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #288 on: October 13, 2013, 17:01:56 PM »
Only just seen this, busy, busy, busy eh!  :phew: Fingers crossed some new homes are just around the corner :crossed:

I wish I could ease some of the pressure by giving Toby & Marmite a home but sadly don't think my boys would be impressed  :shy: I can dream though!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #287 on: October 10, 2013, 17:18:09 PM »
Awwww, they are all adorable!  :Luv2:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #286 on: October 10, 2013, 07:49:32 AM »
Lovely update Carol, hope some lovely new homes are just around the corner for lots of the cats and kittens  :) As for Royston's goatee and Pablo's spiky tummy  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: Good news about Bootsie, fingers crossed the little lad has no more problems.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #285 on: October 10, 2013, 07:13:04 AM »

Aw Carol - thanks for the fab updates, and please give our love to all at The Inn - hooman and furbabes.  I cant tell you how pleased I am the lovely Todd has a home , and hoping some good ones can be found for the remaining puds - they're all lovely.  How hard to choose one or two babies out of that lot to take home.  And then not just the babies.   :Luv: :Luv:

Room for cautious optimism re Boo, and also Anastasia and her gorgeous nose (kiss kiss).

Royston looks very debonair - almost a Jonny Depp beard going on there .  Tasty!   :Luv2:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #284 on: October 10, 2013, 00:46:29 AM »
..and I've saved my favourite till last

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 00:46:56 AM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

• Royal Cat
« Reply #283 on: October 10, 2013, 00:44:50 AM »
..and a few more

• Royal Cat
« Reply #282 on: October 10, 2013, 00:38:28 AM »
Long time no post so a quick update on comings and goings at the Inn.  Sadly there are many more comings than goings and in addition to filling our regular pens we have collapsible cages in every available space and simply cannot do more.  Nothing unusual in that.  :sigh:  Goodness knows what will happen if we don’t find some good homes before our many kittens start to need more space.  :scared:  But enough of the moans.  :innocent:

Tiggy went to her forever home in early September after a bit of a scare where the vet thought she might be diabetic (false alarm  :phew: ).  Her departure was closely followed by that of two of her kittens.  Sorry Sue – no more piccies of the lovely Todd for you because he and Tyson were the lucky ones.  :evillaugh:

Tiggy was replaced by four feral kittens, aka The Hisspits.   :rofl:  Rob and Debbie have done an excellent job at socialising Pepé, Pablo and Pepper (who is not the  girl we first thought he was  :doh: ), but Poppy (aka Evil Edna) refuses to co-operate and wants nothing to do with anybody including her siblings, which is rather worrying.

For good measure we’ve also squeezed in Kitty and her four kittens who are as yet nameless.

All other residents are well.  Anastasia’s nose is looking good and pink now and we’re cautiously optimistic that she has many quality years left in her.   Bootsie’s situation is a lot more promising than it was the last time I posted.  The swelling has gone down and for the last week or so he has been managing to poo without any medication, other than a generous daily dollop of catmilk which he loves. The Croppers have grown and are ready for rehoming, little rogues that they are.  Both Hayley and Royston think my fingers make a tasty snack.  :owwww: Serves me right for not washing my hands after handling the cat biscuits.

Pics this time are a bit random.  Due to overcrowding in the pens we take the kittens into the kitchen to play and you need all your hands free to keep them out of mischief.  :rofl:  No pics yet of mum and babies (all tabbies).

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #281 on: October 02, 2013, 08:08:55 AM »

Just wanted to pop by and say Hi to all at The Inn, and hoping everything is going well.   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #280 on: September 11, 2013, 09:52:52 AM »
I have no doubt Teresa would be proud of the dedication and tenacity shown by the team that supported her when she was here, and I'm sure she's watching over things.

Sadly, I'd no doubt things would still be bursting at the seams. Until the leading rescues start to endorse the importance of neutering and spaying I'm sure it will continue. :(

(I've been in contact with the CEO of the RSPCA who responded once but has tried to quietly slip away.....I asked him what was being done to raise awareness of this matter and how much it's impacting on rescues.)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #279 on: September 11, 2013, 07:27:26 AM »

so much to thank Teresa for and so much yet to do...       

Too true. 

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #278 on: September 10, 2013, 21:32:15 PM »
So proud, oh yes.  ;D

Bitter sweet that the Inn is full again, so much to thank Teresa for and so much yet to do... :phew:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #277 on: September 10, 2013, 18:38:47 PM »
I'm sure Teresa would indeed be very proud of those that have kept Paws Inn going and continued her work  :hug:

:candle:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #276 on: September 10, 2013, 00:01:20 AM »
Not really an update but just a few reflections on the first anniversary of Teresa’s passing.

At this time last year we vowed that Paws Inn would continue to help needy cats, albeit probably on a smaller scale.  I’m sure Teresa will be smiling to see that continue it has, thanks to the tireless dedication of Rob and Debbie and the financial support of lots of wonderful Purrs people.

We were wrong about one thing though – its still bursting at the seams. :shify:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #275 on: September 02, 2013, 07:01:05 AM »

:shify:  Hmph.  Still no Todd photos..... (mutter, mutter) 

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #274 on: August 31, 2013, 11:17:22 AM »
Many thanks for excellent update Carol  :)

So sorry about Wilma  :(

Am sending best every vibes to young Bootsie  :care: :care: :care:

Hope Annie is recovering well  :hug:  Our vet went to NZ last year for 3 months to help another vet with his practice.  When I brought Boris in for his booster this year I mentioned that we use sun tan lotion in an effort to protect his pink ears.  He mentioned that NZ vet had excellent results burning tumours.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #273 on: August 31, 2013, 10:58:19 AM »
Firstly, ace photos. :)

Rest Easy, Wilma. I do believe it'll be nice for you to see T again even if everyone here will miss you.

And I second Sue's comment Darth, get in that trap. You'll be so much happier afterwards. :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #272 on: August 27, 2013, 07:00:14 AM »

Aw, bless Wilma.  Hope she's filling Teresa in on all of the goings-on at The Inn.   Rest in peace little lady.

Darth, if you're listening honey, you get your backside moved in good and proper, you hear?  It's a great place to be.  :hug: :hug:  And Millie needs a pal.  :hug:

Loving the photos.   Hope that Anastasia's nose heals well, and well done to the vet for giving it a try when many others would not have.   Love The Croppers.  :evillaugh:

Am sending lots of positive healing vibes for Bootsie, bless him. 

I do have one tiny complaint though, Carol - The photo of Troy is of course as gorgeous as they come, but Todd was notably absent.   :-:

Link to CatChat