Author Topic: News from Paws inn  (Read 102948 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: News from Paws inn
« Reply #191 on: April 17, 2013, 16:27:29 PM »
That's so lovely to see  :) Such a beautiful pair and lovely to see them up to no good  :naughty: I know you shouldn't have favourites but Fontaine & Dainty are my favourite Paws Inn cats, I wish that there was a Knight or Knight-ess in shining armour who was waiting to whisk them into a home of their very own one day :crossed:

Edit: Just read the latest CatChat newsletter and who should be in there but our very own Dainty & Fontaine, think they must have taken the details from the Top Cat section where the girls have been featured in the past.

http://www.catchat.org/newsletters/2013_spring.pdf

Double :crossed:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 17:21:42 PM by Tiggy's Mum »

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2013, 12:28:30 PM »
Go Dainty!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Wonderful pics  ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2013, 12:11:24 PM »
Fabulous pics Carol  :wow: :wow: :wow: 

Dainty looks so like our Millie and just as playful it seems.  Isn't it brilliant when they finally start to come out of their shell  :) :) :)

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2013, 07:23:36 AM »
Gorgeous cats. Seems like you had fun, funny the things cats find that we forget about

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2013, 07:01:47 AM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:   Oh, Priceless Carol - priceless photos!!   :rofl:  What a lovely lady - you bring joy to so many - two footed and four footed - giver of forgotten prerzzies, and taker of photographs.  Thank you!  :hug: :hug:  Am hoping all at the Inn are well.   :Luv:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #186 on: April 16, 2013, 23:41:37 PM »
Spring fever returned to the Inn at the weekend, and it started with scaredy cat Dainty of all the unlikely suspects.  ;D  As a rule she either hides herself away in the corner on the bottom shelf of the big scratch post or sits in the top bed eyeing me warily for at least 10 minutes before deciding whether its safe to come out, but I’d hardly got through the door and dropped my bag on the floor when this happened…

Dainty is the headless one in case you’re wondering.  :evillaugh:  She rummaged around for a while and came up with this ….

Its one of Tan’s special herbal cat sweets  :evillaugh: that I’d forgotten was in there.  Fontaine tried to take it from her but Dainty stood her ground, flinging it around and playing with it. 

Not to be outdone, normally aloof and diverish Fontaine went back to the bag, had another rummage, and came up something else I hadn’t realised was in there.

We then had the best part of an hour of interactive play.  ;D  Dainty is a naturally inquisitive and playful cat but she usually prefers that her toys come without a human attached to the other end.  :evillaugh:  At one point she almost sat on my knee but backed off after getting her front paws and half her body on when she suddenly realised what she was doing.

It was clearly thirsty work for her....

… and for Fontaine

It made my day, even if I did miss out on my cup of tea.  :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2013, 08:31:56 AM »

I nipped on, saw that and thought "What the heck....?!!!   :scared:"

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2013, 08:27:28 AM »
I did wonder Sue  :evillaugh:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2013, 06:57:15 AM »

Bloomin teeny tiny keyboards - that should have been  :evillaugh: @ Sonny.  Honestly, now me fingers are too fat for me teeny tiny Kindle Fire keyboard...........   mutter mutter.......     :shify:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2013, 07:44:25 AM »
 :censored:@ Sonny  :Luv2:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2013, 21:55:16 PM »
Thanks for the update Carol and the lovely pics  :Luv2:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2013, 19:44:30 PM »
.....have you heard how Sonny & Jimbo are getting on in their new home?

Yes, Debbie gets regular updates and they have settled in well.  :Luv2:  Not content with their own beds they now regularly keep their slaves company in theirs.  :evillaugh:  Something we didn’t know is that Sonny is a kleptomaniac.  :shocked:  A watch went missing and was found squirreled away in his bed – along with sundry other less valuable items.  :evillaugh:

We’re doing very well for feedback at the moment which is very rewarding.  :)  The Puddings babies Ginger and Treacle (or G&T as their new slaves refer to them  :evillaugh: ) are taking longer to settle, as we suspected they might, but are clearly growing in confidence as shown by the diary (with photos) that we have received.  They've certainly gone to the right home.  ;D

We get frequent bulletins on Olivia (with photos) who looks very happy, and we’ve had a lovely video of Athena and Peaseblossom playing in the snow.  Piri and Tease have made themselves at home too. 

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2013, 07:34:30 AM »

Aw - Baby Ben has got his new home  ;D ;D  And Cadet (1st Class) Cledford is "good to go" - Yay!!   :wow: :wow:

Lovely pics.    Molly and Tiggy are sweet - particularly Tiggy who has that ginger thing going on....  ;) :evillaugh: :Luv2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2013, 23:49:52 PM »
 :wooooo: fab news about Ben  :wow:  Fingers crossed that none of the new girls are pregnant  :scared:

Lovely to see the residents snuggly up in their beds, and I thought my two had a lot to choose from!

Now I'm going to shock you here Carol but.... Tiggy :blow kiss: Now don't get me wrong Molly is beautiful too but I just can't shake off my ginger obession! Speaking of which have you heard how Sonny & Jimbo are getting on in their new home?

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2013, 21:10:08 PM »
Great news about Cadet Cledford and hope he finds a lovely home very soon ;D

Oh dear hope Molly and Tiggy get on a bit better :shify: They certainly look very cosy together :Luv:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #176 on: April 11, 2013, 17:35:28 PM »
A quick update from the Inn.  Cadet (1st class) Cledford has been declared fit by the vet so is now available for rehoming.  :)  Sparkle is still showing no signs of being pregnant and we’re hoping that when she goes for her second vaccs next week the vet will confirm that.  I despair of ever getting a decent picture of either of them; they’re both so friendly and inquisitive that all I get is noses.  :Luv2:

We took in two new additions on Sunday, sisters Molly and Tiggy.  They’re about 10 months old, definitely haven’t been spayed and have been outdoors, so fingers crossed neither is pregnant.  We had a bit of a shock when we saw them because we had assumed (as we always do) that they would be Paws-Inn-coloured.  They’re not.  :evillaugh:

They don’t seem very happy with each other’s company and if they don’t settle down soon we may have to split them, so it’s just as well that Ben has found himself a lovely new home.  ;D  His mum Millie is still taking swipes at us but there are no claws involved now which is a good.  :shify:  It’s quite funny really; she’ll be purring and enjoying a fuss when without warning she’ll hit out, walk away and then fix you with a glare, before getting back in her heated bed.  :rofl:

Elsewhere all is sweetness and light.  Annie and Tula are enjoying cuddling up together indoors and Millie-feral and Wilma are cuddling up together in the greenhouse.  Some of you may recognise their choice of bed.  ;)

I know you want pics of Molly and Tiggy so here are a couple taken when they first arrived.  As both had been sick on the journey and then been treated to a Stronghold I think its safe to say you are not seeing them at their best.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 17:38:12 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2013, 11:19:37 AM »
Adorable :Luv: Carol thanks so much for posting the pics  :Luv: :Luv:

Wonderful to see the oh so gorgewus darlins  ;D

sending all me love over to you all  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2013, 21:35:08 PM »
Love the pics of the newbies with their new toys :Luv:

Wishing Cadet Cledford a very speedy recovery :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2013, 06:51:04 AM »

Cadet (1st Class) Cledford - you are a little heartbreaker, aren't you?  :Luv2:

And how lovely to see the gingers at play with the wonderful prezzies they were sent - a big Thank You to their benefactress from me too  :wow: 

Hoping Debbie isn't feeling too miffed - more about her reflexes I suspect than from Dainty's strike.  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2013, 21:51:18 PM »
Oh my. Cledford.  :cccooorrr: you are wearing batman's mask, I love that in a stranger.  :catluv:

Hmmm. You are a very desirable boy  :Luv2: and oh boy have you landed on your paws.

I shall know you as Cliffie. :clap: Silent D and all that.

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2013, 21:33:13 PM »
Thank you for the update Carole. So lovely to see all the puss cats enjoying their new toys  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
News from Paws inn
« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2013, 21:21:27 PM »

Hope Debbie's bite isn't too sore, I can't believe 'churchmouse' Dainty would do such a thing!  :hug:

:Nooooo: :Nooooo: :Nooooo:  Dainty would never do a thing like that.  :Luv2:  She just scratched Debbie and then legged it when Debbie tried to put her in the carrier.

:doh: In my excitement to see the next batch of pics I read too fast and read  'got a bit scratched' as got bit - sorry Dainty :shy:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2013, 21:14:14 PM »

Hope Debbie's bite isn't too sore, I can't believe 'churchmouse' Dainty would do such a thing!  :hug:

:Nooooo: :Nooooo: :Nooooo:  Dainty would never do a thing like that.  :Luv2:  She just scratched Debbie and then legged it when Debbie tried to put her in the carrier.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2013, 20:28:12 PM »
Too many lovely pics  :wow: Firstly, a big thanks to the mystery parcel sender from me too for the catnip induced Ginger Ninja and Noodles pics  :naughty:  :thanks:

Millie looks to be enjoying the catnip too, as for poor Ben's bewildered little face with his naked scratchpost  :rofl:

The newbies are adorable, not sure what is cuter - Sparkle's stripy nose or Cledford's spotty tail :blow kiss:

so I think I’ll call him Cled …or Cleddie …..or Cledders ….. or maybe Cadet (1st class) Cledford because he’s a brave little soldier.  :Luv2:

Now that is a name Teresa would be proud of  :)  :hug:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2013, 19:39:26 PM »
Oops, I nearly forgot, you want to know about the newbies don’t you.  :evillaugh:

Both are so friendly and so desperate for affection that they’re all over you with head-butts and purrs the minute they get chance, which makes taking pics a bit difficult.

The one who was abandoned by her owners came to us as Sparky but she’s actually a Sparkle.  ;D  The lady who first alerted us to her has done a good job of feeding her up, so rather than being skin and bone as she was when first reported, she’s quite chubby.  :shify:  She’s about 2 years old and vet says definitely not pregnant :phew: so we think she must be spayed, but to be on the safe side she won’t go up for adoption until after she’s had her second vaccinations in 3 weeks time.  She dribbles when she’s pleased or excited. :Luv2:

Poorly puss is 10 months old according to the vets who treated him (not our vets) although how anybody can be so accurate I don’t know.  :innocent:  He is getting better by the day, but his eyes are still a bit gungey which makes him look older and grumpier in the pics.  His name is Cledford but if you’re anything like me you won’t be able to remember that - I had to look it up before posting to make sure I’d got it right.  :rofl:  I think that’s the name of the area where he was found, but not being local to Paws Inn it doesn’t mean anything to me so I think I’ll call him Cled …or Cleddie …..or Cledders ….. or maybe Cadet (1st class) Cledford because he’s a brave little soldier.  :Luv2:  He has a lovely white tip on the end of his tail and I've included the pic with used his litter tray in it because he had a very runny tummy when he arrived and we're proud of the improvement.  ;)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2013, 19:33:28 PM »
Auntie Tan kindly put a few extras in the package so we gave one to Millie (she of the hooky claw) whereupon she became the most animated I have ever seen her.  Generally she stays glued to her heated bed, except when she’s eating or using her tray.  :evillaugh:

Ben, who is now an absolute sweetie,  :Luv2: also got a catnip toy and a new scratch post with dangly bits after he complained about his old one.  I can’t think why.  :rofl:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2013, 19:28:59 PM »
We had much excitement at the Inn on Wednesday, unwrapping parcels that had arrived the day before.  ;D

First off it was the big new scratch posts – at last.  Since the Purrs auction funded them I have posted pics on a new thread in General Cat Chat because it has a wider readership. http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,42894.new.html#new  Poor Dainty got a bit stressed when she had to go in a carrier and poor Debbie got a bit scratched trying to get her in there   :evillaugh: but harmony was soon restored.

Next we tackled an intriguing parcel from the Purrs shop that was addressed to Ginga Ninja, Noodles and Grasshopper.  :shify:  We had a bit of a clue what might be in there when we found that in our absence Olly and Tula had got their paws (and teeth) into it and were under the kitchen table fighting each other for possession.  :rofl:  Fortunately we rescued it before any real damage was done to either the contents or the cats.  :evillaugh:

Grasshopper said it was too cold to come out to play so we’ve saved his toy for another day but Ginja Ninja and Noodles were very pleased and say thank you very much to their benefactor.  You know who you are.  :thanks:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2013, 20:49:58 PM »
Sounds like it was fate for Sonny & Jimbo to go to these people, like you said only the best for those special boys   :hug:

I'm guessing the newbies who are 'Paws Inn colours' are monochrome as Sheila so delightfuly phrases it!  :naughty: They both sound like they've had a hard time of it lately so must be very relieved to find themselves warm and safe at Paws Inn. I know there are no pics but how about names, sexes, ages please?!

• Royal Cat
« Reply #163 on: March 18, 2013, 20:15:53 PM »
Yesterday’s home delivery of the Gingers went according to plan and all is well with them.  ;D  I’m not so sure about Debbie though; she was heartbroken and even Rob had a tear in his eye when they left.  :shocked:  I must say my day at the Inn was unnervingly quiet without either them or the Puddings.  :shify:

Their new home really couldn’t be better.  Their experienced slaves are known to Debbie so although they’re outside the usual Paws Inn rehoming area we won’t lose touch with them completely.  :)

It really was rather wonderful how it all happened.  ;D  They’d reserved them ages ago but then due to circumstances weren’t able to go ahead, and the phone call to say that all was now well came just 15 minutes before the people who subsequently took the Puddings were due to arrive.  Given that the Puddings new slaves had a ‘thing’ for ginger cats, it was a nick of time phonecall and we ended up homing 4 instead of just 2.  :phew:

On to the newbies.  ;D  They are both lovely, friendly souls and both are Paws Inn coloured.  :shify:  Sorry but no photos at the moment.  :-[   I will post more details later but basically the first was left behind when the owners moved  >:( and has been on our waiting list for some time.  The second was taken to the vets by the people who look after a feral colony after they found him in a very bad state.  Presumably somebody had dumped him there because he was poorly.  >:(  The diagnosis was cat flu and although he is much better now we have him isolated in a collapsible pen indoors, in a room that is normally a cat-free area.  :scared:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2013, 21:22:43 PM »
Oh this is wonderful news, Carol. Fingers, toes and all paws crossed for these babies. xx

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2013, 10:28:35 AM »
Such good news about the puddings  ;D but more intrigue, where have Sonny and Jimbo gone and with a special home delivery  and who are the new arrivals? - can't wait to find out  :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2013, 06:55:48 AM »
 :cheer: :cheer:  The Puddings have a new home!!!   ;D ;D ;D  That is such good news.  I was hoping they might, and now they have and what a home they've got.  And they get a Doggie sista.   :Luv:  Just perfect.   :)

And Sonny and Jimbo going to their new home too.  I wonder where they're going......  there was a definite wink in your post Carol.  :evillaugh:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2013, 20:37:16 PM »
Let me say what wonderful news for the Puddings and if they are like my lot will soon explain the the Border Collies who is in charge my lot have their 3 very well trained :rofl: :rofl:

Bittersweet for sonny and Jimbo but what a wonderdul memory to treasure and am sure our Aunty T will visit them at some point just to say hello  :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2013, 19:37:23 PM »
 :wooooo: bon voyage Treacle & Ginger  ;D My neighbours have dogs too, they are generally very well behaved but the times they do bark my two don't even flinch so fingers crossed that the Puddings make friends with their new DOG sister in no time  :) So pleased that Sonny & Jimbo have found themselves a home too, only wish it could have been mine! :blow kiss:

Looking forward to hearing about the newbies too, don't forget your camera!  :pic:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2013, 19:06:41 PM »
Tsk tsk ladies, patience is a virtue.   ;)

I've only just found out myself because I haven't been at the Inn today, and as usual Debbie has been doing all the work. So, despite not wanting to go in the carrier, Ginger and Treacle Pudding are now ensconced in their new home.  ;D  They will be living with a doggie - a border collie who has lived all her life with cats and his been fretting since the last one went to the bridge.  :Luv:  Whilst at the Inn the Puddings have heard next door's dog but have never seen it,  so have never learned to fear the species.  That's the theory anyway. :crossed:  There are of course some lovely humans in the house as well.  :evillaugh:

Debbie will be taking Sonny and Jimbo to their new home tomorrow.  We don't normally do home deliveries  :evillaugh: but this is a special case. Well they are the last cats that T ever rescued and we have to be doubley, tripley, absolutely sure that they approve of their forever home.  They will - oh yes they will.  ;)

At last we have freed up some pens.  :)  Ermmm not for long.  :shify:  I'll be at the Inn tomorrow so I'll tell you about the newbies after I've met them.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 19:08:00 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2013, 18:09:47 PM »
 :waiting:     :shify:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2013, 16:53:47 PM »

After a good start to the year re-homing has stalled.....

Who would have thought that the Gods read Purrs.  ;D  I'm not going to tempt fate by naming names but if all goes according to plan   we'll be waving bye-bye to some inmates on Saturday.  :crossed:

I can't be the only one itching to know if everything went to plan today  :shify: :crossed:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2013, 15:34:44 PM »
bee in the bin !!!
what a great photo ...and a great poser  :)
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2013, 21:06:25 PM »
I jumped to the Dainty/Fontaine conclusion too  :(

I'll tell you one thing though. The remaining bottlefeds that Debbie was fostering have got a lovely forever home and have settled in really well.   :shify:   ;)

I'm having difficulty believing this, I wonder if the 'new' owner could provide photographic evidence  :naughty:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2013, 10:52:06 AM »
Oh dear.  :-[  I should have realised that you lovely people would have your fingers crossed for Dainty and Fontaine but sadly they remain.

There's no reason to suppose things won't go according to plan, its just that it happened so fast we couldn't really believe it after the bleak period we've been going through and I don't want to break the spell.  :doh: 

I'll tell you one thing though. The remaining bottlefeds that Debbie was fostering have got a lovely forever home and have settled in really well.   :shify:   ;)

Link to CatChat