Author Topic: News from Paws inn  (Read 102947 times)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Re: News from Paws inn
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2012, 16:55:13 PM »

He looks like he's having a right old belly laugh, doesn't he?  :evillaugh:

He does but he's actually wingeing for attention.  :rofl:

If you want something closer in age to Ross I'm sure we can oblige.  :shify:  It'll probably be black and white but slap on a a bit of henna and you'll never know the difference.  :evillaugh:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 13:54:30 PM »
 :evillaugh:  You lot are the very devil, d'you know that? 

He's gorgeous.  I wonder (juss speckerlatin here you understand?) how Ross would adapt to a much younger kitten, and how feasible it would be to let him out, but keep the little un in?   Ross is just coming up to 8 months old beginning of November.

He looks like he's having a right old belly laugh, doesn't he?  :evillaugh:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2012, 10:50:45 AM »
Su you know that ickle little ginger ninja  :Luv2: so like our darling Houston "we have a problem" has I need to live with Ross written all over him then you would never get any sleep :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 10:48:21 AM »
You know you want to, Sue.... ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 09:19:15 AM »
Gorgeous or what :wow: :Luv:

A perfect companion for a cat :innocent:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 08:33:18 AM »
OMG Carol, what a fantastic photo of that beautiful likky babba!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 08:10:56 AM »
You know you want to Sue  ;) :naughty:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 08:03:14 AM »
Thanks for the pics Carol. What a stunner  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Sue, he'd make a lovely little brother for Ross  ;)

Wouldnt he just.   :Luv:  Well, you never know.  What will be, will be.  If Dickie moves, Ross is certainly going to miss having a companion.

What am I saying???!!!!   Get a grip!

talk about the siren lure of the Paws Inn thread........    :sneakin:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 07:57:25 AM »
Thanks for the pics Carol. What a stunner  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Sue, he'd make a lovely little brother for Ross  ;)

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 07:28:45 AM »

OH MY GOD        Be still my thumping heart!!!!!!!

He is GORGEOUS!!!!

:blow kiss:

That little face is the face of robber, for I swear he's stolen a piece of my heart.  :-:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 05:33:10 AM »
OMG what a wonderful smile  ;D

Don't let Sue see this one - actually what am I saying... Sue?? SUE! Come and have a look at this!  :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 01:20:24 AM »
I'll be doing a proper update tomorrow but just as a taster, here are a couple of pics.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 22:45:22 PM »
Sorry for not thanking you for your thoughtfulness sooner nickynoo.   :-[   Tiggy's mum very kindly looks after the management of the Paws Inn Facebook page (she set it up and the wish list was also her idea) and she did tell me some time ago that you had placed an order and that with your order the 'number required' had been met so the item automatically disappeared from the list so  :thanks:

I'm sure it will arrive if it hasn't already done so.  Rob obviously receives all the parcels and isn't always around when the volunteers are there so there can be a delay between things arriving and us finding out.  To complicate matters further some things arrive anonymously making  keeping track of where it has all come from a bit tricky  at times but I will check when I'm over there tomorrow.

We have been overwhelmed by the generosity shown to Paws Inn and I would like to thank everybody for their contributions and apologise to anyone else I should have thanked personally but haven't.  :thanks: :hug:  :thanks: :hug:  :thanks: :hug:

Sheila at Helen's suggestion we did a quick review of the list at the weekend and its fine for now but many thanks for prompting us - and for the plug.  :naughty:

Helen I'll see what I can do about taking a pic of Pudding's babies on the Snugglesafe.  Since finding their feet they prefer to run around when anybody is there.  :Luv2:

Oops - looks like you beat me to it again Helen.  :hug:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 23:12:08 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 22:33:09 PM »
Hi Sheila

I'm the guardian of the Wish List and liasied with those at Paws Inn fairly recently to check that what was on there was still 'wished for'. I've taken off a few bits and some things have been purchased/donated meaning they are no longer available to be purchased (eg Nicky kindly doanted the last of the 'wished for' snugglesafes so it shouldn't offer that as an option to purchase anymore). I try to pick things that are sold by Amazon itself so that postage is free as to deliver a 4 pack of cat food would cost over £12 by Royal Mail yet Amazon have the 4 packs for £12 delivered - essentially free cat food!  :Crazy:

It's such a fabulous idea ( :thanks: to Haworth Cat rescue for the idea!) and very much appreciated by Paws Inn, both humans and felines alike!  :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 21:58:48 PM »
I ordered a Snugglesafe heat pad, and it let me do it. Hope it arrives ok.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 11:32:50 AM »
Carol, I don't know if you are the right person to ask about this, but do you know if the details are still valid for the Paws Inn "Amazon UK" wish list? It might be worth casting an eye over what you need now as the seasons have moved on since Teresa set this up?

Just a thought as it is a very easy and convenient way for folk to contribute (and saves you guys a trip to the shops!)  :donate:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/13RCIPZ7QC5WD/ref=cm_wl_sortbar_v_page_1?_encoding=UTF8&filter=all&layout=standard&page=1&reveal=all&sort=date-added

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 15:49:57 PM »
Thankyou for a lovely update, with good news on the rehomings.

Reading Old Gobbos name and the other sometimes bizarre names that Teresa gave the kitties made me laugh and shed a little tear for her.

I recently had an Amazon gift card for my birthday and was tempted to buy more toys for my Moggits, reading this made me remember the wish list that has been set up for Paws Inn, so with Poppys permission I've ordered a Snugglesafe heat pad with some of it. It is due to arrive after the 16th Oct.

Nicky

That's such a kind gesture Nicky  :)  :hug: Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you :hug: I would like to request that Pudding's babies are photographed snuggling up on it please Carol!  :naughty:

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 15:36:58 PM »
 :Luv2:

I want Toffee Pudding! What an adorable little face.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 22:00:35 PM »
Wonderful update and beautiful pictures, Carol. :hug: :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 20:17:03 PM »
Thanks for organising this new thread, and for the wonderful updates. I will keep my promise to Teresa, that I'll not forget the Inn, nor those who work so hard to care for the residents and newcomers alike.

Thank you Carol, thank you so much.  :hug:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 17:01:26 PM »
Thankyou for a lovely update, with good news on the rehomings.

Reading Old Gobbos name and the other sometimes bizarre names that Teresa gave the kitties made me laugh and shed a little tear for her.

I recently had an Amazon gift card for my birthday and was tempted to buy more toys for my Moggits, reading this made me remember the wish list that has been set up for Paws Inn, so with Poppys permission I've ordered a Snugglesafe heat pad with some of it. It is due to arrive after the 16th Oct.

Nicky
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 17:23:37 PM by nickynoo93 »

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 08:35:15 AM »
Lovely update, Carol, thank you  :hug: Fantastic idea insulating the pens and i'm sure the beautiful furries will appreciate it  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 13:36:39 PM »
Couple of Q's re pics, which one of the three B's has been substituted by the lovely Follyfoot? :naughty: :shify:

Is that Flash & Tim in their new home? Must have been very hard to let them go :hug: :hug: :hug:

Now that I'm not on my phone I can see what stoopid Q's I just asked as the pics have names  :doh: Ignore me!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 12:45:59 PM »

It's so good to see an update Carol, and thank you so very much from all of us who follow this thread, as we all know how much hard work goes into keeping everything running smoothly, and these last few weeks have been anything but smooth.   :hug: :hug:

Pudding and her babies are just amazing, and look at those little herbs!!   Loving their new names as much as their old ones, but would tend to think of them now as Ron Basil, Rupert Parsley and so on..... :evillaugh:  All of them are just gorgeous.  I sincerely hope there won't be any of the kittens that grow into cats while waiting for their forever homes.  I hope that all will find very good homes before they're out of kittenhood.  But, appreciate that life never is a fairytale, so great to hear the news of the work on the sheds and pens.  I hope it's all done in no time, and will more than serve the purpose.   :hug: :hug: 

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 08:00:04 AM »
Carol, thank you so much for the update  :hug: :hug:

And thanks for all the lovely pics  :Luv: :Luv:

Isn't Pudding just adorable  :Luv: :Luv: I'm such a sucker for a pretty tabby.  :) :)

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
News from Paws inn
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 01:41:32 AM »
So lovely to hear such positive news from Paws Inn :) :hug:

Hope everything goes to plan with the insulating project, I remember earlier this year Teresa was telling me that the extra heating costs for the outdoor pens was at least £5 per day - that's £150 a month :Crazy:

Fab news about the lucky ones who have new homes, will update the sites when I'm not on my phone!

Couple of Q's re pics, which one of the three B's has been substituted by the lovely Follyfoot? :naughty: :shify:

Is that Flash & Tim in their new home? Must have been very hard to let them go :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 01:27:59 AM »
omg i want a ginger pudding too :Luv:
fingers crossed for the rehomes :hug:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 01:14:48 AM »
The Houdinis who have been staying with me are still in residence, or rather 3 of the 5 are.  ;)   Flash and Tim went to their forever home last Saturday and we are hopeful that a recent enquiry might result in at least one more home.  :crossed:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 01:11:02 AM »
The two gingers Sonny and Jimbo are still small for their age so not yet ready for rehoming but are getting there and everybody who meets them falls little bit in love with them.  :Luv2:

Pudding’s babies are now 6 weeks old and beautiful.  Toffee pudding the tabby is very small compared with the others but has been vet checked and declared healthy.  :Luv2:  The flash was on for the pics so they all look a bit startled.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 01:08:22 AM »
The bottle-feds have been well looked after and fully weaned by the vet nurses who took over their care.  They are now 7 weeks old  :shocked: and are currently staying with Debbie for a few days but are expected to return to the Inn shortly.  You may remember the brain-storming session at which Debbie, Teresa and myself named the four boys and one girl Basil, Parsley, Thyme, Sage and Dill but either the vet nurses weren’t impressed with our efforts or in the confusion of T’s emergency hospital admission the information didn’t get relayed to them because they have returned with the names Ron, Rupert, Cyril and Tess.  :rofl:  The more astute among you will have noticed that while five went only four have come back but it’s good news rather than bad.  ;D  Number five (whatever his name) has found a forever home with one of the nurses who just fell in love with him and couldn’t let him go.  :Luv2:

This is how they were last time you saw them.  Take a good look because with Teresa gone Paws Inn no longer has the expertise to bottle feed kittens so sadly it’s not a sight you will again. :(

I’m sure Debbie will provide some up-to-date pics soon.  :naughty:

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 01:24:43 AM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

• Royal Cat
News from Paws inn
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 01:04:26 AM »
It’s been a while hasn’t it and I know regular readers will be wondering how the Inn is coping so here goes.

First of all I have to re-iterate our gratitude to the many people who have donated so generously in memory of Teresa.  We have wasted no time in dipping into the funds to put into action a plan that she herself formulated but sadly wasn’t able to see through to fruition.
Briefly, the pens at Paws Inn are either in a brick built block or in wooden sheds.  Historically the wooden sheds would not be used in the winter because of difficulties in keeping them warm but with the number of homeless cats at an all time high and re-homing at an all-time low (nationally not just locally) that is no longer an option.  The last couple of winters we have managed by having them half full and putting large oil-filled radiators in the empty pens but this year we need all the space we can get so work is now well underway to fully insulate and line-out the wooden sheds so that they don’t need such a large heat source and can be filled to capacity.  With even kittens finding it hard to find homes we have also looked at how the space is used and have managed to create another large pen suitable for families of growing kittens or long term residents who need extra space while awaiting a hard-to-find forever home.  If we’d thought about it earlier we could have taken ‘before’ pictures and ‘work in progress’ pictures but we didn’t and without those the ‘after’ pictures won’t really mean anything.  :doh:

Now I know it’s the cats you’re really interested in so I’ll post updates in stages.  There have been numerous vaccinations as you would expect and Piri, Teze, and Athena’s babies’ Old Gobbo, Puck and Peaseblossom have been spayed or neutered as appropriate.  The two boys Puck and Old Gobbo went to their forever home on Sunday.  ;D  A family fell in love with them quite some time ago but one of the children was showing signs of allergy so they thought it best to wait and see what happened.  The doctor has given him the go-ahead so now its smiles all round.  :)

Little Follyfoot managed to charm her way into a lovely forever home a few weeks ago without even making it to the website.  :Luv2:

It will be the turn of the three B’s (Breeze, Bayleaf and Bee) for the op in the next week or so.

Link to CatChat