Author Topic: News from Paws inn  (Read 103039 times)

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
Re: News from Paws inn
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2012, 14:02:33 PM »
It does help to be a bit mad,i had to laugh when you backed out of hte summer house,saying you wanted a wee,then that's me done. :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2012, 13:50:30 PM »
Teze and Piri are beautiful aren't they? I've got a soft spot for those two.

They're beautiful girls aren't they  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

For those who were wondering, it's perfectly normal to talk to cats  :naughty: I'm poorly today so still mooching round in my dressing gown, I've just followed Riley through the house saying 'I'm gonna whip ya' (with my dressing gown belt) in my best gruff cowboy voice  :-[ I then proceeded to whip him (obviously not properly!) making 'pa-chaw' noises as I did so. I think there's zero hope for me  :evillaugh:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2012, 12:03:23 PM »
Very high hedge between us and neighbours.  The oldest boy next door (about 16) started mimicking me once by "miaowing" when I was taking to Groucho.  So I asked Groucho who he thought the plonker was that was pretending to miaow like a cat .............  :innocent: :naughty:  He shut up.

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I have long resigned myself to being thought of as mad eccentric by my neighbours as my house and the garden are both right next to the lane and I only have single glazing at the front of the house so no doubt they have heard me talking to and playing with the cats, "coming to get you" is a favourite game  :-[ and have probably witnessed me flinging furniture round with jar in hand when trying to catch their still living 'presents'. Thankfully my next door neighbours were not in view when I ran out of the back door taking my trousers off to release the shrew that had made it's escape there  :shocked:

Hope the viewings go well and some of the gorgeous residents find wonderful new homes  :)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2012, 10:40:50 AM »
Very high hedge between us and neighbours.  The oldest boy next door (about 16) started mimicking me once by "miaowing" when I was taking to Groucho.  So I asked Groucho who he thought the plonker was that was pretending to miaow like a cat .............  :innocent: :naughty:  He shut up.

Offline bexter

• Adult Cat
  • Currently catless
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2012, 10:36:45 AM »
Teze and Piri are beautiful aren't they? I've got a soft spot for those two.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2012, 08:34:31 AM »
I backed out of the summerhouse on my knees saying ‘I just need to get a new kitchen roll and have a wee and that’s me done.’  I then stood up to see neighbour eyeing me strangely.   

:evillaugh:  I do that too - talk to the boy a lot when I'm in the garden.  My neighbour confided once that she thought I was talking to myself until she peeped through the trellis and saw Ross

Online CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2012, 22:45:04 PM »
The B/W long-haired beauty is Teze, and she's not only a beauty she's a  :Luv2: as well.  Her sister Piri has an equally loving disposition  but isn't so photogenic - she's all black and the camera always makes her look grumpy( which she most certainly isn't).

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2012, 22:21:49 PM »
Aww great pictures Carol, thank you.
Who is the B/W beauty in the pic :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2012, 22:08:08 PM »
Great pics Carol  ;D Sorry to hear about the demise of the B&M flectabed copies! Mine is still very popular and is slept on daily and looks good as new, my boys sound very well behaved compared to the Paws Inn hooligans  :evillaugh:

Don't forget Nectar points, I converted Nectar points into Amazon vouchers and used what I had left over to 'buy' some food for paws inn a week or two ago  ;)

Jiji-nius  :naughty: I don't shop at Sainsburys but saw recently that you now get Nectar points with ebay purchases so kept meaning to get a card  ;D

• Royal Cat
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2012, 19:32:20 PM »
Purrs peeps really are a wonderful bunch and on behalf of Paws Inn I can’t thank you enough for your continuing generosity and ingenuity.  :thankyou:

All is well with the residents of the Inn.  ;D   Well it was when I was over there on Thursday but I did notice a rather large bonfire stack in the very close vicinity so fingers crossed there aren’t too many noisy fireworks to accompany it.  :scared:

I’m wondering if there might already have been fireworks exploding because some of the cats had been unusually destructive.  :shify:

Rosalind had chewed through the protective covering we put over the flex for her heated bed and presumably also though the wire because the bed wasn’t working.  :hairrasin: Her fur didn’t look particularly spiky though and her behaviour was normal so she obviously didn’t come to any harm.  :evillaugh:

Debbie had bought some of the cheap Flectabed copies from B&M and we’d distributed them around to make extra hot spots in the bigger pens.  Piri and Teze seemed to appreciate theirs but the Pudding family and Athena & Peaseblossom had destroyed theirs.  :o  They might be fine in a domestic situation but with the best will in the world rescue cats don’t get as much stimulation as those in a forever home so look upon anything new as a challenge.  :evillaugh:  The zips on the covers were broken, the inner pad was on the opposite side of the pen to the cover and Athena & Peaseblossom had even chewed the backing off theirs and dumped it in the litter tray.  :what:  Oh well, another bright idea bites the dust.

Then there was Cornelius.  The flap to his outside run had been broken for a while leaving just a hole for the wind to howl through so when the insulation was put in he got a brand new one.   He used it without problem for all of ummmmmmmmmmmmm 2 weeks, but he’s broken that one now as well.  :sigh:  I don’t think it has anything to do with fireworks though.  :shify:  He’s got a lot bigger since losing his bits so I suspect he might actually have got stuck in it and had to force his way through.  :evillaugh:  They do make super-sized ones don’t they?  :Crazy:

I tried to take some photos for you but with everybody in hyperactive mode it wasn’t easy.  :Nooooo:   Why is it that however many toys I get out their favourite one, without exception, is always the strap on my camera.  :evillaugh:  That’s closely followed by my shoelaces and the toggles on my fleece.  I’ve decided that interactive play really needs 2 humans because the best photo opportunities are the antics of the cats who are still penned and watching the play with envy – not the first time I’ve wished I had another pair of hands.  At least I’ve not yet reached the stage yet where I wish for 6 teats like T did.  :rofl:

I think the next door neighbours are a bit worried about what’s going on at Paws Inn.  Whenever I’m doing cleaning jobs I always give the cats a running commentary and I excelled myself this week.  Scratch posts cleaned and floors scrubbed I backed out of the summerhouse on my knees saying ‘I just need to get a new kitchen roll and have a wee and that’s me done.’  I then stood up to see neighbour eyeing me strangely.  :-[  :rofl:

Debbie has two lots of potential slaves visiting tomorrow so I’m hoping for good news before I go on my hols.  :crossed:

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 19:33:33 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2012, 14:03:18 PM »

If you've spotted something you'd like added to the list just drop me a PM and I can add it so it can then be purchased and sent to Paws Inn with Mr Amazon kindly paying the postage! For those that haven't heard of Amazon Wish List, it's basically a list of things that are sold on Amazon. You log in to your own Amazon and you can order things from the Wish List (food, toys etc) to be sent directly to Paws Inn  ;D

I do try and add things that are sold directly by Amazon so then postage is free eg the Whiskas four packs are £12 on Amazon with FREE delivery. To post that by Royal Mail would cost £12.30 - more than the food itself  :Crazy:

I also struck on another genius idea last night, I ordered a couple of boxes of food for the hungry Paws Inn tummies via the Amazon Wish List, but get this... I went through the Easyfundraising link that you told me about ages ago so Amazon also donate 2.5% of my order total to the Purrs Buster fund for needy cats - genius if I do say so myself!!!

Easyfundraising: http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/purrsinourhearts

Paws Inn Wish List: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&id=13RCIPZ7QC5WD&type=wishlist

Don't forget Nectar points, I converted Nectar points into Amazon vouchers and used what I had left over to 'buy' some food for paws inn a week or two ago  ;)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2012, 22:22:31 PM »
I'd like to send a present or two to the Inn for Christmas (yes, I know the auction is coming up anyway) BUT I was FINKIN' about perhaps abusing the Amazon wish list  :shy:  :shocked:

How's about if peeps want to donate goodies that aren't on the wish list, could we request they be put ON the wish list so we can erm...  :-[

buy them and get Amazon to cough for the postage?

Every little helps?

I like your style Sheila!  :naughty:

If you've spotted something you'd like added to the list just drop me a PM and I can add it so it can then be purchased and sent to Paws Inn with Mr Amazon kindly paying the postage! For those that haven't heard of Amazon Wish List, it's basically a list of things that are sold on Amazon. You log in to your own Amazon and you can order things from the Wish List (food, toys etc) to be sent directly to Paws Inn  ;D

I do try and add things that are sold directly by Amazon so then postage is free eg the Whiskas four packs are £12 on Amazon with FREE delivery. To post that by Royal Mail would cost £12.30 - more than the food itself  :Crazy:

I also struck on another genius idea last night, I ordered a couple of boxes of food for the hungry Paws Inn tummies via the Amazon Wish List, but get this... I went through the Easyfundraising link that you told me about ages ago so Amazon also donate 2.5% of my order total to the Purrs Buster fund for needy cats - genius if I do say so myself!!!

Easyfundraising: http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/purrsinourhearts

Paws Inn Wish List: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&id=13RCIPZ7QC5WD&type=wishlist

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2012, 21:35:46 PM »
I'd like to send a present or two to the Inn for Christmas (yes, I know the auction is coming up anyway) BUT I was FINKIN' about perhaps abusing the Amazon wish list  :shy:  :shocked:

How's about if peeps want to donate goodies that aren't on the wish list, could we request they be put ON the wish list so we can erm...  :-[

buy them and get Amazon to cough for the postage?

Every little helps?

Offline bexter

• Adult Cat
  • Currently catless
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2012, 19:50:01 PM »
I don't have anything intelligent to say. All I can think is "AWWWWWWW!!!!"  :Luv:

The Puddings are all so cute I just want to eat them. In a cute way, not in a weird Halloween way!!   :-:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2012, 23:51:51 PM »
Sheilarose that's naughty :)

Yup  :evillaugh:

but nice  :)

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2012, 10:44:17 AM »
Sheilarose that's naughty :)

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »
No problem, happy to help  :naughty:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2012, 08:35:03 AM »

Hmmmm - cheers Allison (strokes chin in further speculative consideration...)

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2012, 08:31:10 AM »
I wonder (juss speckerlatin here you understand?) how Ross would adapt to a much younger kitten, and how feasible it would be to let him out, but keep the little un in?   Ross is just coming up to 8 months old beginning of November.

Sue, I had this problem going back a few years. I had Simba who was 3 and then got Tiger, only 6 weeks. I had a magnetic catflap so turned it round the 'wrong way' so that Simba could get out using the magnet on his collar but Tiger couldn't because he had no magnet on. It worked very well. There you go, problem solved!  :evillaugh:

Carol, thanks for all the lovely pics.  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2012, 14:47:24 PM »
Quick note to any potential homes in the South-east...

Thanks for the very generous offer Sheila but let me remind peeps that home checks apply.  :hug:

Of course, sorry Carol should've stuck that in my post.  :shy:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2012, 13:43:23 PM »

I'll be in the vicinity of the Inn on the morning of Sunday 4th November (well going past on the motorway) and may be able to help with a southbound transport run if so required.  :sneaky:

I'll post this in Transport section, too.

Thanks for the very generous offer Sheila but let me remind peeps that home checks apply.  :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2012, 11:34:07 AM »

I'll be in the vicinity of the Inn on the morning of Sunday 4th November (well going past on the motorway) and may be able to help with a southbound transport run if so required.  :sneaky:

I'll post this in Transport section, too.

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2012, 11:16:27 AM »
It's pics like this that almost make me forget my resolve!- not to upset my oldies-18,17,maybe 16.Don't know how they would cope/accept such littlies.Wow,they're gorgeous. :Luv: You probably live too far any way,i'm in Essex.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2012, 10:19:37 AM »
 :thanks: for the fabulous update Carol.  What a gorgeous flock of little devils  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2012, 08:52:04 AM »
Lovely update Carol and beautiful little fluffballs to dream about!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2012, 02:28:42 AM »
What a lovely update with all those photos to drool over :drool;

Fingers crossed that all those looking for homes are not kept waiting too long :crossed:

I'm saying nothing on the ginger front, as you know they are my weakness. If only :wish:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2012, 19:41:06 PM »
Fab update. Go on Sue, 2 little gingernuts for Ross to play with.

2 kittens to keep Ross company and you to love, sounds like a no brainer to me...........

2 at the same time is just like having one, with a bit more litter activity.

Nicky

• Royal Cat
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2012, 18:50:06 PM »

I can't believe it - look at Sonny and Jimbo Carol - one is marked like Ross (swirly like a Werthers original) and one is marked like Mac was, all spotty.    :shocked:   :Luv2:

They're yours for the asking but come as a pair.  ;)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2012, 18:42:53 PM »

OMG - cuteness overload!!!  :doh: :doh: :doh:

I can't believe it - look at Sonny and Jimbo Carol - one is marked like Ross (swirly like a Werthers original) and one is marked like Mac was, all spotty.    :shocked:   :Luv2:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2012, 18:11:17 PM »

Carol, tell me again what sexes are the 3 b's? I'm guessing Bee is a girl?  :doh:

Yes Bee is a girlie  :evillaugh: and Breeze and Bayleaf are boys

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2012, 18:07:55 PM »
Oh My God hold me back....  :drool;

Carol, tell me again what sexes are the 3 b's? I'm guessing Bee is a girl?  :doh:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2012, 18:07:23 PM »
....and finally I’ll end on a similar note to the one I started on but with Sonny and Jimbo this time.  They are also anxious to show they have no after effects from their vet visit.  For some reason I have a mental block with these two and am forever asking Debbie which is which so I can’t guarantee I’ve got them the right way round.  :evillaugh:

« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 18:09:17 PM by CarolM (Wendolene), Reason: To add the pictures! »

• Royal Cat
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2012, 18:05:14 PM »
....and just in case you should think the 3 B’s are delinquents, here they are being (almost) well behaved.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2012, 18:03:35 PM »
Next the 3 B’s, anxious to show that they’re none the worse for losing their bits.  Actually they were livelier than ever yesterday and for a moment there I sort of lost control of them with Bee in the (almost empty) food bag, Breeze on the ceiling (among other forbidden places) and Bayleaf happily murdering a soft toy on the floor.  :rofl:

They really do need more space poor things and were hoping to go in the new bigger pen but the Pudding family just pipped them to the post.  Of course a forever home would be the best option – any takers?  They’re such loving, friendly, lively, mischievous little troopers and nobody has yet shown the slightest interest in them.  :(

• Royal Cat
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2012, 18:00:56 PM »
…and more Puddings, including a rear view of Toffee pudding to show off her lovely colouring which doesn’t always show on a front view.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2012, 17:58:42 PM »

Oh Carol - stop!  :rofl:  Ginger Pudding sticking out his tongue!  :Luv:  Just showed it to OH who said "Aw - he's cute!"  :evillaugh:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2012, 17:56:46 PM »
...and now for the Pudding family

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2012, 17:54:55 PM »

It's so good to hear what's been going on Carol - and what's been coming down in terms of collapsible pens - glad Daddy Rob is nearer being able to watch the telly now.  :)

So pleased about Violet too  :wow:

I do remember Olly, bless him - often used to chat with Aunty T about him in fact.  So pleased his injection went well.  He's a little trooper.  :hug:

With regard to acquiring a Paws Inn puddy I have an open mind and an open heart and am quietly working on OH through Ross, but will accept whatever comes.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2012, 17:53:06 PM »
OK been having a bit of trouble but it seems OK now so I'll try again. First of all, the lucky ones who have gone to their forever homes(I’m sure Debbie will post one of Rupert if she ever get the time) .

« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 18:33:35 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

• Royal Cat
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2012, 17:15:20 PM »
I shouldn’t have posted those pics because everything else is going to be an anticlimax now isn’t it.  :doh:   Don’t you just love those freckles though.  :Luv2:

Where to start?  Rehomings I think.  All my fosters have now flown the nest.  ;D  Tom and Bonnie, the two remaining tabbies, went together the weekend before last but that left poor Violet all on her own - the curse of the black and white moggie.  :(  I was a bit upset that she might have a long wait for a home but just 4 days later we had an enquiry from somebody saying the black kitten they had just homed needed a playmate and asking did we have anything suitable?  :yes:  :yes: :yes:  Violet fitted the bill so perfectly that we didn’t let them see any of the others until they had fallen in love with her.  :naughty:  She left last Sunday and we’ve had no feedback yet so fingers crossed that its working out.  Actually they were quite taken with the hooligans (formerly the bottlefeds) as well so who knows, they may be back for more.  With a large house and 18 acres I think they might just have room don’t you?  ;)

Debbie’s foster hooligans are now down to 3 after we said goodbye last Sunday to chief hooligan Rupert (formerly Basil) who has gone to live with a relative of one of the vet nurses who helped with the bottle feeding.

That makes 10 rehomings since mid-September so you’d think there would be room at the Inn now wouldn’t you?  :no:  Sadly not, because 5 went from my house, 2 from Debbie’s house, and 2 were sharing a pen with their siblings who remain in that pen at Paws Inn.  The tenth (Follyfoot) was in an emergency collapsible pen in the lounge and that has now been dismantled.

The new pen was finished late on Sunday afternoon though and was immediately pressed into service by Pudding and her family who now have room to stretch their legs and play.  They think it’s great but I’m not sure what Cornelius thinks of his lively new upstairs neighbours.  He was in his outside run the whole time I was there yesterday.  :rofl:

The pen vacated by the Puddings was given a good scrubbing and handed over to Sonny and Jimbo enabling yet another collapsible from the lounge to be collapsed and stored  – only two more to go and Rob will be able watch telly again.  :rofl:

It’s been a busy week vet-wise with the three B’s (Breeze, Bayleaf and Bee) going for neuter or spay, Sonny and Jimbo having their first vaccinations and permanent resident Olly having his booster.  Purrs ‘old timers’ may remember that Olly (formerly Holly  :Crazy: ) has nerve damage and a bionic pelvis as a result of a road accident so a simple injection is not quite so simple in his case.  He has been known to scream in pain during the procedure  :'( but this time he didn’t even notice it which was a relief because it was me that drew the short straw and had to take him.  :phew:

I do have photos to attach but I've lost this post twice already so I'll try it without and see what happens.

Link to CatChat