Author Topic: My Cat Phoebe is missing - Rochester Kent  (Read 37716 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: My Cat Phoebe is missing - Rochester Kent
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2008, 10:23:14 AM »
It must be incredibly disheartening for you. I am so sorry your persistence has not been rewarded ... Never give up hope, but maybe if you focus on your new babe you can start to heal the pain ... :hug:

Horrible foggy days that don't get warm are not good for the soul either...  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
  • Whiskers now at the bridge & Phoebe currently AWOL
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2008, 10:16:22 AM »
Hi everyone. I'm finding that I cannot still let go - It has been 5 months now and there has still been no positive sighting or news. We are continuing with our poster campaign, which is doing a great job - we are receiving at least 2 calls a week - alas they are not her. There has been no sign of her at the vets, rescues or the council - they still get a weekly call from me.

Last week I was so upset that I had my OH taking me out at 1.30am each morning to have a look around the entire area - we were sitting in the freezing cold on an industrial estate with a pouch of stinky food - but we only attracted the foxes.

I will keep going and will not let it go as I keep being told to do so. I need to know where she is.

Come home Phoebe - I miss you  :'(   

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2008, 01:07:47 AM »
Still keeping fingers crossed for Phoebe :shy:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline PennyLineker

• Adult Cat
  • Penny & Lineker
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2008, 11:26:54 AM »
Dont give up hope.  I once found a cat in my back garden, it was July and that cat had actually gone missing in the May.  We took him to the vets and he was reunited with his owners as he was chipped.  He had walked quite a few miles from where he lived to where I lived, they can travel.  Have you got in touch with the vets in and around your area.

I am in Gravesend, and will keep an eye out for you too.  Good luck, I do hope you find her.

xxxx
Natalie (aka PennyLineker)

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2008, 11:13:17 AM »
Have pm'd you Cheryl

Offline Daisy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2008, 10:10:20 AM »
I hope Phoebe is soon home - and that you get more than tantalising possibilities soon.  I know how much it hurts....
One of my other cats is a tuxedo cat called Phoebe so I do have a definite soft spot for Phoebe cats!
Thinking of you

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2008, 18:13:58 PM »
Sorry it wasn't Phoebe, Cheryl, but I am so glad to hear that the prison are still keeping their eyes open.   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2008, 16:47:01 PM »
Its great that people are still contacting you  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2008, 15:42:57 PM »
glad the posters are still generating interest, hope she comes home soon

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2008, 14:30:13 PM »
I've been a bit slow with my update and have been trying to post for ages - just haven't been able to find the words.

The posters are continuing to do their job. We've been looking around an industrial estate as we received news of a black cat that was seen twice in the same spot. Of course, I have now given this area the poster treatment and the people who saw this cat are on the look out. I also have the burger vans displaying my poster and keeping their eyes peeled. Another person I spoke to said that a black cat had been visiting their unit a while ago, but he had not seen it recently. If it is her up there, I hope she can keep safe. This place is sandwiched between a busy road and an airport field, if she crosses this field she will be in another town. It's also a busy place during the day and I hope she does not seek shelter in a van or container.   

Yesterday I thought she might be on her way home. We had a call from the governor of the local prison, he had a black cat there and was convinced it was her. Alas, it was not her. This cat was a big old beast and did not look like it was a stray - it looked as if it had one too many feeding stations and it was a male. My heart sank - yet again so near and yet so far.

I know she is still out there and just want her back. My journey continues.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2008, 00:08:26 AM »
fingers crossed the next call will be about Phoebe.

Exactly  :hug:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2008, 19:28:26 PM »
Still thinking of you hunxxx
Caroline xx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2008, 11:57:57 AM »
So pleased the new posters are getting responses and fingers crossed the next call will be about Phoebe.

Thinking of you  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2008, 22:19:03 PM »
Happy New Year To You All.

We have been busy during the last week following up new leads in our search. A total of 6 leads - can you believe it!!!!! - we can't. It definitely has worked with putting up fresh posters and cards in shop windows. Unfortunately, 4 were male, 1 had sadly been run over and we are still trying to find the last kitty who has been seen hanging around some garages.

I have had a further run in with my council who keep telling me that no cats have been picked up in my area and this time I questioned them about an RTA that I had been told about and they said "Oh Yes - but we can't give you a description". I know that it was a black fluffy cat - no good asking them to update records, as they are not interested.

I visited the CP - no sign of her there - lovely people to deal with. I also did my round 20 mile trip to a RSPCA branch who just dismissed me at the reception and carried on with their chatting - was less than impressed with their attitudes. This organisation also posted a FOUND notice in a shop window where my notice is displayed. A lady called us to tell us about it and we went to have a look. It said "black cat found", the date and a reference number. My OH phoned the number and YES you have guessed correctly this reference number was not recorded. They took some details from my OH and put him on hold. By the time they had come back to him, we had got info from the shop and had pulled up outside the vets that the cat had been taken to - it was a male cat. The RSPCA advised that they would get someone to call back and that they had picked up a lot of strays matching Phoebe's description in our area. Well, we are still waiting.

We have been to the area of the new possible sighting and have put up posters - it is also near our vets so I will be contacting them.

Come home Phoebe, we are doing our best to find you , you little devil.

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2007, 17:50:50 PM »
Thank You for your kind words Puddy. It's lovely to know that you and your neighbours are still on the look out for her. We are out and about at the moment renewing our posters and putting up new ones - hopefully during the festive period there will be more people at home and out on walks who will see the posters and hopefully give us a lead on the little tike. We are waiting for a lady to call back who saw Phoebe's picture in her vets, she has a cat visiting her garden who she thinks could be her. It's quite a distance from us (in Lordswood) but not impossible. We have asked the lady to have a look at the cat's ear and also to try and establish the sex of it.

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2007, 10:41:07 AM »
Glad you are feeling a bit better.  Well done for thinking of new places to leaflet.  I have all my neighbours keeping their eyes open and we always search while walking the dog.  It would be lovely if Phoebe came home in time for Christmas, but at least you know that while she's away, Spookie also has someone to love and care for her as well.   :hug: :hug: :hug: to you.

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2007, 10:12:41 AM »
Thank You all so much for your kind words and support. My best ever christmas pressie and it is top of my list (yes I still write a list at my age) is to have a positive sighting and even better to get her home. Spookie has claimed the cat cushion by the fire, but there is defiantly room for another kitty.

I have now made some new posters and have decided to invest in a laminator -  this will hopefully keep the posters drier (I have been using the plastic pouches - but they only last so long in the wet weather and they are an easy target for the yobs). I also thought that a new poster design will encourage people to look again. Currently I have 45 posters in action, so it will take a while to change them over. However, before I start on these I am going further afield, we have a stretch of main road (about 4 miles long - it runs from a busy road interchange down into Rochester city center ) which I am going to target, this road leads to various parts of the area and gets a lot of traffic and walkers. It is also a main bus route into our village, has schools, churches and shops along it.

I am so hoping that this and my new ads in the paper starting tomorrow will bring some news.  If she is still out there, I will get her home. Come Home Phoebe - We miss you.

Many thanks once again to everyone who has been following my thread and supporting me. It is very much appreciated.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2007, 09:49:49 AM »
 Just to let you know I am still thinking of Pheobe and wishing her home.

also to remind you of the thread on Katnip, a babe came home after 14 months.

Wishing you the best Chrsitmas present ever, a lovely Pheobe kitty coming home, everything is crossed for you.

BIG  :hug: xxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2007, 19:21:28 PM »
Time for a  :grouphug:  me thinks..... :ahh:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2007, 18:39:24 PM »
Chin up - this dreadful weather is enough to lower anyone's spirits and you know you are doing all you can to get her back. If she is out there, you will succeed, but it may take a while. :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2007, 18:13:53 PM »
Please don't lose hope, only recently someone found their cat after he had been missing for 14 months - he's now home safe and sound http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=2187.0

Now I don't want Phoebe to be away for that long but it just goes to show, don't give up - good luck with the newspaper ad  :hug:

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2007, 13:54:18 PM »
I'm having a bad time again. There has been no response to our latest leaflet and poster campaign  :'(  We are still going out everyday doing our grand tour of the area and I have now started to poster and put postcards in shop windows that are definitely out of our area - its taking a while to do - but it makes me feel as if I am doing something and not forgetting her. I'm getting cheesed off with the  :censored: who are saying "when are you going to stop all this" and "what on earth are you doing sticking up posters and posting leaflets in other areas" I just keep hoping that it will be this last poster or leaflet that will bring her home.

I have an ad running for 3 weeks starting this Friday in another local rag - the one I have been using has not drawn any leads and they are getting fed up with me phoning each week asking for a repeat- (probably cos its free) and they don't always run it!! There has been nothing from the vets, rescues and council.

My neighbour left me a message saying that there was a black cat in their garden and it looked when he called out Phoebe - but he didn't go outside to it. If it was her I would have thought she would have come home? I have put new smelly socks and trainers out in the garden by her access points. I believe it was probably Des (black tom from next street) who likes to visit us.

If anyone can suggest anything else that I maybe missing - please let me know.

Come Home Phoebe - we miss you

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2007, 11:35:57 AM »
Tou are not mad but your council certainly are  :hug: :hug:

Of course Phoebe could still be out there  but hopefully she has at least found somewhere warm and dry and a food source.

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2007, 11:33:41 AM »
I'm feeling very down at the moment. We have just finished leafleting the entire area - over 500 leaflets have now been put through doors and we have widened our poster campaign with some leaflet dropping to the neighbouring areas.

My weekly calls to the rescues, council and vets are all still drawing blanks - they all seem to think that I am nuts for still pursing my cat. This will make you laugh - my council said to me - I cannot understand why you are phoning us every week - if your cat went missing in September, we would have picked it up then. They did not seem to understand the concept that my cat could be still out there on the loose and I want to check that she has not been run over. What  :censored:

Well I'm not nuts - I'm just someone who is so desperate to get their kitty home safe and I keep telling myself that it maybe this one last poster, leaflet or phone call that brings her home.

Come home Phoebe XXX

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2007, 20:27:07 PM »
yes, i have the same problem - can't put a name to a face to save my life!!

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2007, 20:25:59 PM »
I really do have a problem with names - I keep forgetting to mention them  :doh: Phoebe's twin is called Spookie.

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2007, 19:26:55 PM »
Have you thought of a name yet?

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2007, 18:33:10 PM »
Hope you get your 3rd stroke of "Good Luck"  :wish:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2007, 07:24:04 AM »
How lovely, does Phoebe's twin have a name yet?  I'm sure Phoebe will be very proud when she comes home that your love for her led you to this little girl  :hug:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2007, 13:04:48 PM »
Thats a lovely thing you are doing and still while you are looking for your own little one, sending you lots more luck and  :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2007, 11:25:34 AM »
What a Nice story, Good for You  :)  :Luv:
I still have a Strong belief that Phoebe will be Back in your arm's someday  ;)

Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2007, 10:36:51 AM »
I have updated my other thread in this section to let you know what has happened to this little one. My thoughts are with her and I hope that she gets better and finds her forever home.

We have nearly finished our leafleting in the area - just a couple of streets to go. To date we have had no response.  :(

On Friday we spent about 2 hours with a family who had taken in a cat that they were convinced was Phoebe. This meeting happened by chance as the family live over 2 miles away and the mum had been working in our village shop and saw our poster. Her call sounded positive and she even mentioned the nick in the left ear - this is not on our poster. We arranged to visit them.

This very nice family had taken in this cat just before bonfire night, she had been hanging around and begging for food outside the shop that the mum worked in. It took her 2 weeks to gain the cat's confidence and it turns out that the little one had been in the area since about September. She had been trying to follow people home who kept chasing her off. This cat was in a state - not much fur and full of scabs. However, when we met her, she had improved so much. The family did not think that their home was the right one for her - it was a busy household 3 kids, 3 cats, 1 dog and 4 adults - the cat was living in a bedroom and would not come out.

The family were just about to contact the RSPCA when the mum saw our poster and contacted us. We met this little one and  :omg:  we could not tell if it was Phoebe - how daft does that sound - not being able to recognise your own cat!!! Anyway, after a trip back to see the veterinary nurse to ask more questions - YES you guessed it we decided to take her home. I think that in our hearts we knew it was definitely not Phoebe - but this little one could be her twin.

We have had no trouble with her settling in. She is nervous and jumps at a lot of day to day noises around the house. She has made herself comfortable on the cat cushion and loves to lay in front of the fire of an evening. She loves a cuddle and knows how to headbut for more - she has even started to purr and play. We do understand that she does have an owner somewhere and will be advertising her - the lady who picked her up said that she did ask customers in her shop about the cat - but no one knew where she came from. She will be going to visit our vet for an MOT and I will post some pictures of her shortly.

I am now hoping that the next black cat I see will be Phoebe (they say things happen in 3's). She now has a new play mate and I can't wait for them to meet.  :) Come home Phoebe.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2007, 11:21:17 AM »
Definately not waffling and we all understand  :hug: :hug:

It sounds like this little cat needs a home and thinks she has found one. She sounds so like my Kocka who would not leave once she found me and used to break into my house when I was out.

I reckon  Pheobe has sent you a friend to look after and when she gets home she will be so happy that you took this little cat in.

I think it will be hard to find her a place at a rescue at present cos they are all chocker block but if you wanted to go down this route you would need to ring your nearest Cp and see if she can be put on a waiting list.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2007, 11:10:47 AM »
Hello,
 sorry Pheobe is still not home.

1) Your not waffeling, your baby is missing and you are worried daft about her. Takling about her helps. so Talk and talk that's what we're here for.  I think we have all done it in the past, and it dose help.

2) I would take this little lady in.
 a) Phoebe would want you to, so when she comes home she can say hey well done Mum for taking in this stray, I wish someone had given me some where warm to sleep while I was lost. But, I'm home now so I want my love back, so we'll have to share.

b) How guilty would you feel if this little lady went some where else when you have tons of love to give?

Go get her, it may help bring Pheobe back. I know you won't give up on her. xxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2007, 07:02:46 AM »
Dont call it waffling on hun....its awful when your pud is missing and there will always be someone here to listen  :grouphug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2007, 15:52:58 PM »
so sorry you've still had no news

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2007, 15:49:39 PM »
I feel so down today. No news from the lady we visited last Friday. Another possible sighting of a small black cat, looking very frightened and darting between parked cars about a mile away from us - spotted by someone in our village who had our leaflet. My OH went to the area - could not see any cats - so put up posters and leaflets through doors. We are going to have a look around there later tonight.

Another call today has lead us to meeting an adorable little girl that has been taken in by a lady not far from us. We have met this little one before - and were not sure if she had a home or was a stray. She was very thin and very hungry when we fed her and we didn't like to take her away. The cat has not wanted to leave the house and when they put her out, she would not budge from the step. The lady is very caring and is taking her to the vets for a chip scan and health check - however she is not sure that she wants to keep her - can anyone give me some advice that I can pass on to this lady about the safest way to re home. I'm hoping she will change her mind and keep her - this cat is so friendly and loving. I will be seeing the lady again as she has my cat box - I'm not sure if I am trying to convince myself to take this kitty in.

Sorry if I have waffled on - I'm so sad that this is not Phoebe, but happy that this kitty has found a safe place for now.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2007, 01:48:41 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
  • sweetness itself... sally!
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2007, 23:56:40 PM »
Ahh bless,
 good luck and keep thinking positive! even tho is so hard+

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2007, 13:00:52 PM »
I do hope this is Phoebe  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Link to CatChat