Author Topic: My Cat Phoebe is missing - Rochester Kent  (Read 37695 times)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: My Cat Phoebe is missing - Rochester Kent
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 21:16:11 PM »
Good luck with the Kitty Hunt !!!
keeping our fingers Crossed !!!

Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline LittleLijah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 20:06:10 PM »
Wishing you all the best with your search.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 18:46:56 PM »
This is great and wish you lots of luck with your search  :hug:

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
  • Whiskers now at the bridge & Phoebe currently AWOL
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 18:42:09 PM »
Great you are a star.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 18:35:24 PM »
the dog is a labrador Rottweiler cross. The labrador looks and temperament. Rottweiler body size. When do you want us? What number bus? Would I just get off the bus at the White horse pub? Will PM my contact details to you. That is the fine print at the top of this page that says 'hey le chat noir you have x messages ...' when a number comes up my message will be there.

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 18:29:30 PM »
Wow, I feel so choked that you want to come over and help me. There is a bus service from chatham station that runs directly into my village or I could collect you if your dog will fit into my car.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 18:13:14 PM »
of course i am serious. I have just been through hell and gone with Smidgen missing for 36 hours. I don't know how you are remaining rational at all in your circumstances. If your cat has not met dogs then Shadow might not be a good introduction. He is very big. But more than happy to find my way over there and we can have a look around together. Don't know about you but I felt a right fool wandering the streets by myself yelling 'smidgen' at ten at night!! Now. how will I get over there. Is there a bus service? I am only two months in Medway and still working out how to get around ...

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 18:09:33 PM »
Hi blackcat, Not sure about Phoebe and dogs - I do not think she has ever come across one - all our neighbours are cat owners. My other cat whiskers (no longer with me - passed away a year ago) did not like dogs at all, one time he was being hassled by a snappy yorkie dog and suddenly he turned and attacked it. If you think your dog could help me that would be wonderful - if you are serious about it - let me know and perhaps we can arrange something - of course no obligation.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 17:16:30 PM »
I did not get to speak to the dogwarden but they sent me a lovely message when I first contacted them by email. And promptly too. You are way the other side of town from me, I am actually in Chatham, near Maidstone Road, and don't have a car, but my dog, who is intensely cat-friendly, is quite good at following smells. I have not tried giving him a scent off something and then getting him to find it, but it is possibly worth trying at least? Does Phoebe like dogs? or would he frighten her? he is quite big ... but completely hen-pecked by my cats (Smidgen uses him as a trampoiline or a step when getting off the bed :rofl:). Really feel for you as Smidgen did a runner recently and had me worried sick.

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 17:10:02 PM »
Oh wow - understanding cat lovers in my area - just great. thank you both for your thoughts and kind words. We have been concentrating the last 2 weeks on a cat in the area between the white horse pub and the row of terrace houses down from it. The cat only seemed to appear during the small hours of the night and we had encouraged it to come to our carrier box and feed. We were so sure it was her - but alas not - we used a trap to get a look at her - what a lovely animal - do not know if she was a stray or not? I am going to be putting some new posters up tomorrow as some of them have been ripped. I have been phoning the council each week to see if they have picked her up from an accident - can I actually get to speak to the dog warden? We also have been searching on the cow field behind our house - it is such a vast expanse of area to cover - but have done scent trails back to our garden - we also keep looking in the old village school - you can still get in there - not a very nice place now. we have also got the postie on the case - he thought he saw her down the side of the coop going towards Cordelia crescent - we have searched all round there - spoke to everyone we saw and ruled out the 2 black cats we found.

Thank you once again for reading my story and being so kind - please keep them peeled and let me know about anything you see.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 15:16:59 PM »
puddypaws! le chat noir! both medwayites and I didn't know. Double welcome both of you. Le Chat noir, so sorry to hear about phoebe. There are quite a few black cats in my street but they all seem attached to particular houses - I see them on my way to the train in the mornings. And then of course there is Esther who lives with me. PM me and maybe all three of  us can get together and form a posse to look for your pussy. How heartbreaking for you. Have you also contacted Medway Council? The dog warden there is very sympathetic to people who are looking for their cats, they were very helpful when Smidgen went walkabout. You seem to have done all the things you should do, so perhaps some active kitty=hunting may be in order...

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 14:36:23 PM »
Sorry to hear Phoebe has not returned yet.  I've seen your notices round the village and have been keeping my eyes open.  There're quite a few black cats around here which makes it hard to know if it's her or not.  I do hope she turns up - perhaps someone is feeding her nearby.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 12:19:24 PM »
Phobe is just lovely and I hope she comes home soon  :hug:

I think you have probably done most of this but just in case heres are things that may help

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=4304.0

If you have a local school in the village chilfreen always like to feel important , so may be worth see if the school will put up a poster, also postmen............ummmmmm waht are they recently,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and binmen and if you have any milkmen.

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 12:02:52 PM »
So sorry - I hope she gets home soon.

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
My Cat Phoebe is missing - Rochester Kent
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 11:54:03 AM »
Hello everyone, My cat Phoebe has now been missing for a month and I am at my wits end. She disappeared on the 16th September 2007 and was last seen by a neighbour on the following morning of the 17th. She is a young (approx 4 year old), sweet natured cat and it is totally out of character for her to stray. Phoebe is a DSH black cat with a hint of brown in her coat and a few white hairs on her chest. She also has a nick in her left ear. Since her disappearance we have been searching high and low - we have a poster campaign in our village, we have door knocked, put leaflets though doors and stopped near enough everyone we meet. We have hung our smelly socks out by access points at the front and back of the house, even done this down the street and have emptied the hoover contents out in the same places. We had been tracking a sighting of a cat similar to her and had managed to encourage it to come and feed - but alas after 2 weeks of going out at all hours - we used a cat trap to get her and it was not her - how upset I have been this week. I have contacted local rescue centers, vets, the council and even tried to get a freebie in the local rag who then changed their minds. These people get a call every week - I do not care if they are fed up with me. We are out at all times everyday as we just want her back. Beginning to think someone may have pinched her!!

I thank you for taking time to read my story - please let me know if you have seen her or know her whereabouts. I am so glad that there is such a strong community of cat lovers. Thank You   

Link to CatChat