Author Topic: My Cat Phoebe is missing - Rochester Kent  (Read 37717 times)

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
Re: My Cat Phoebe is missing - Rochester Kent
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2007, 12:29:27 PM »
Lots+lots :Luv: of luck
Caroline xx

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
  • Whiskers now at the bridge & Phoebe currently AWOL
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2007, 15:00:16 PM »
Thank you so much everyone. I am so overwhelmed by your support and encouraging words. I so want this to be Phoebe. We are out everyday and evening doing a circuit of the area, checking and renewing our posters,  and leaflet dropping in doors. I'm not going to give up - we have been going to every sighting and making sure that the kitty we see has a home. I have my next plan of attack in progress - she has been missing 2 months on the 16th and I will be out leafleting again and putting update stickers on my posters. Believe me I cannot wait for the day when I can tell you all she is home.   :)

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2007, 14:23:20 PM »
Really, really hope so, everything crossed. Good luck x :wish: :wish:

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2007, 12:58:38 PM »
Just wanted to say that I have been following this thread. I have EVERYTHING crossed that Pheobe comes home soon xx

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2007, 12:44:36 PM »
Please ,Please, Please Let it be Phoebe :wish:

I'm Holding My Breath !!!! ;)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 12:45:38 PM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2007, 12:20:48 PM »
Please let it be Phoebe....

I'm impressed with how many leads you are getting.  Quite often people post about their lost cats and after the initial flurry of responses the phonecalls die down.  Your poster campaign must be really good to get people still ringing you after such a long time of Phoebe being missing.  I'm just waiting for the day that you tell us she is home safe and sound  :)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2007, 11:44:52 AM »
all fingers and toes crossed here, good luck.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2007, 11:41:22 AM »
I am keeping everything crossed that it is Phoebe  :wish:

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2007, 11:32:35 AM »
Morning to you all. I believe there is some saying about things happening in three's? Of course I could be just plain mad!! Number 1 - a black cat sitting in Phoebe's wicker basket at the front of the house (of course it was Des - a visitor to our street), secondly a call from a lady took us to see a black cat which was not Phoebe and wait for it - NUMBER 3 - a lady who we spoke to at the beginning of our search invited us to her house last night to have a look at a new visitor she was feeding in the garden. She had been debating for a while as to whether she should contact us. This new cat is one of 4 black cats that visit her garden. She knows who 3 belong to and thinks this new one maybe Phoebe. It was dark, we did not get a good look  :( The cat shot off

The lady is going to speak to her neighbour to see if this new one belongs to her - she apparently takes in strays. So I'm keeping everything crossed that this could be my little tike.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2007, 17:58:06 PM »
Keep going...  Got everything crossed that you will have the breakthrough you need soon enough  :hug:

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2007, 11:59:54 AM »
I'm still trying to keep myself positive - its quite difficult at times. I have now moved further afield with my poster campaign and yesterday 3 people approached me to have a look at my poster and all said that they had seen my posters in the village and were on the look out for Phoebe. I'm off to an area adjacent to this today to put up more posters.   One positive thing to come out of our search is that we have now been able to establish that the Kitty's we have seen all have a home - I am pleased about this. My weekly calls to the vets, rescues and council are still drawing blanks.

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2007, 14:24:16 PM »
I'm so  :censored: angry. I previously mentioned an RTA in my area which turned out not to be Phoebe - I got a description of the poor little mite and thought I would go back to the council with the details in case the owner comes forward. Well! I have heard it all now - as far as the council are concerned its a done job - poor kitty has been chucked into landfill and its one more statistic closed on their computer - I explained that all I was trying to do was to give a description of this poor mite and would like it added to the record on their system - but hey they cant do this - what  :censored:. What ever happened to our caring society? - I think that you are all here on this forum. Forgot to add that the council said to me "What's your problem"!!!!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2007, 21:44:32 PM »
Hi, just wanted to say I have been following this thread for a few weeks now. I want you to know I'm thinking of you and wish you all the luck with your search, and hope Phoebe comes home soon.

Me too, every time I see you've added to the thread I get all excited for you so can't imagine how you must be feeling with all the cold trails you've been following up on  :hug:

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2007, 21:33:55 PM »
Hi, just wanted to say I have been following this thread for a few weeks now. I want you to know I'm thinking of you and wish you all the luck with your search, and hope Phoebe

comes home soon. Sending you loads of  :hug: :hug:

Andrea x

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2007, 17:54:42 PM »
Thank You Gail & Puddypaws. I've been out today dropping leaflets through doors, putting up even more posters and shaking my biscuits. Spoke with some locals and 2 of them said that they had seen an unfamiliar face in their gardens  and will watch out for them (this was in the mount road area - puddypaws will know where this is). Tomorrow I will be out doing the same - I really hope that someone knows something and can help us get this little tike home. I am feeling a lot stronger today and very determine not to give up.

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2007, 15:31:29 PM »
 :hug: Chat Noir.  W're all still looking and hoping that she'll turn up soon, little minx.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2007, 15:27:21 PM »
Kitties can be such  a pain in the bum.  They don't realise how much we care about them, and how we get when they are not about.

I'm relieved that it wasn't Phoebe, but upset that someone else is having pain.

I'll send positive thoughts to Phoebe and lets hope she suddenly thinks hang on a minute your not my Mum, and comes home where she belongs. Just keep trying, don't give up hope (I know you won't). Carry on going out calling and shaking those biscuits, and even if she is tucked up somewhere safe and warm she'll come running to you.

:hug: :hug: :hug: you and Phoebe are in my thoughts xxxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2007, 19:53:35 PM »
thank you so much bombaycat - you have put a smile on my face. These cats do not understand what they put us through - the little tike's

Offline bombaycat

• Adult Cat
  • Billy Buttons and sister Coco
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2007, 18:01:32 PM »
Bit of cross posting here...keep your spirits up, I've been waiting for nearly 4 months now - with 2 of my nieghbours spotting my naughty runaway in the last few weeks. Still can't get him in. I had no news for nearly 3 months so don't worry that 6 weeks is too long there's still loads of hope....

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2007, 17:33:55 PM »
Thank You Stuart for your kind words.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2007, 17:26:07 PM »
 :RIP: ginger and white kitty  :(

I Don't know what else to say le chat noir :( I Just Hope Phoebe is warm and being fed wherever she is
and that soon, she'll come to her senses, and come back home to You  :hug:

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2007, 17:11:05 PM »
Thank You to everyone who is giving me support and keeping me going. My lovely OH has just spoken to the lady concerned and she has confirmed that it was a ginger and white kitty - may they RIP - I am so tearful at the moment. Where is my girl?

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2007, 16:57:13 PM »
Really hoping it's Not Phoebe :( What a Horrble thing to have to go through :(
I can't see the person who reported it being nasty, after all they took the Bother of reporting it
So they Must Care :shy:

My Thought's are with You  :hug:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2007, 16:47:17 PM »
Oh no you must be really shakin up. will keep everything crossed that it is not her  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2007, 16:43:19 PM »
I'm a bit shaky at the moment. I have just finished talking to the council who deal with RTA's. Apparently they now have on their database an entry for a dead cat that was reported and picked up on the 8th October from a road a bit of a distance from me - but not one to be ruled out. I am so upset, shaky and angry because I have been phoning these  :censored: every week and they reported nothing in my area. To make it more upsetting they have no description/details of the cat - because someone had put a plastic bag over it and they cant look in it - health and safety !!!!!

The girl on the phone has given me the name, address and phone number of the person who reported it - I'm too frightened to do anything at the mo - what if she is horrible - and gives me a hard time cos the council gave out her details. I will have to get my OH to do it. I am so choked at the mo.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2007, 04:26:18 AM »
Posting leaflets is great....that's how I got a phone call bout my missing cat  ;D

Good Luck hun  ;)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2007, 22:26:17 PM »
Yes I think that is a good idea, dont give uo hope yet  :hug: :hug:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2007, 12:28:04 PM »
Still thinking of you :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2007, 12:26:41 PM »
Hello everyone - still no news or new sightings of my little one. I know in my heart that she is not dead - I know I may have to face that fact - but I don't believe this at this time. There have been no RTA pick ups by the council who I pester every week and we have not seen anything or been contacted about any dead cats in our village. I really do strongly believe that someone has taken her in - good for my little one - but not good for me. I am going to leaflet every house in our village and surrounding area and put up new posters - someone must know something. My ad in the local rag has drawn a blank. We visited a couple last week who said that they had only seen our posters because they had been out walking and that they usually just came out of the house and got straight into the car. This could be the case with Phoebe - that someone has her - but has not seen the posters - and believe me there are plenty about. Hopefully a full scale assault of leaflets in doors might bring something. 

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2007, 16:05:29 PM »
Still keeping everything crossed for you :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2007, 04:50:35 AM »
 :grouphug:

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2007, 11:08:27 AM »
Phoebe has been missing for 6 weeks this Sunday. I am most definitely missing cat company. It has been hard as this time last year our other cat whiskers passed away  :'( Phoebe is used to living and sharing with another cat. I would like to adopt a little one, but I am going to give myself a bit longer before doing so - I so fell in love with a cat just like Phoebe who is at Foal Farm - her details were sent to me - but it was not her. This little one is also in my thoughts at the moment. I'm feeling so much anger as well - thinking about all these lovely little furry ones that get left at the way side - where are their owners and how can they live with themselves.

I have hopefully another ad coming out in the local rag today. I am also planning to leaflet the whole village - just got to make sure the old printer is up to it. We also had a call from a couple last night who thought they may have Phoebe - they were not sure what sex the cat was that they had taken in. Alas it was not her - it was male - a very frightened thing - but he had landed on his feet with this couple who are taking good care of him and are going to keep him. What a lovely ending - it still makes me think where are his owners.  I'm hoping that if someone has taken Phoebe in, they are like this couple.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2007, 16:58:10 PM »
This must be so hard and I know how I panic if one is missing for a few hours but you must stay positive  :hug: :hug: :hug:

You read the post of the cat who came home after 4 months to a new brother and we have heard of cats missing much longer than that who have returned.

I cant remember how long she has been gone now but you are obviously missing cat company, would she accept a new brother or sister when she comes home, do you think?  ;D

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2007, 09:28:28 AM »
Aaaaawwww :( sending you lot's of  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
know how it feel's, But you have to stay Positive !!!!!! :hug:

C'mon Phoebe !! Time to come Home !!!!!

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2007, 08:49:04 AM »
Thank you to everyone who is still reading my story and sending support. I am so down at the moment  :(

We went to the busy and I mean busy interchange at Bridge wood approx 1.5 to 2 miles from our home. Using our binoculars we spotted a black cat playing away minding its own business in a grassy area right in the middle of this interchange. We managed to dodge the traffic and get over to the cat - being as quiet as poss - but it spotted us and we got concerned about the road. We got enough time to see that it was not Phoebe - it was way too big and slightly fluffy. Unfortunately the cat ended up bolting across the busy road into more woodland - we did try to follow - but lost it. Again we do not know if it was feral, stray or it belonged to someone from the houses that are near to there. In a way I was quite happy that we had actually seen this one and it was her. However, things have got on top of me now and I'm having a bad time - crying all the time.

I will be going up to the farm again today to look for someone to talk to about the cat that is there and if they have seen Phoebe. Speak to you all soon and thanks once again for your support.

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2007, 21:44:34 PM »
We're still looking.  Fingers crossed

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2007, 19:32:19 PM »
Keeping everything crossed for you.  I  know from experience how hard it is to keep your spirits up and the momentum going week after week. 

Hoping that the next black cat sighting is your Phoebe.

Claire xx

Me Too, And if I wasn't so far away, I'd be helping you look  :hug:

Offline ClaireR

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2007, 15:56:13 PM »
Keeping everything crossed for you.  I  know from experience how hard it is to keep your spirits up and the momentum going week after week. 

Hoping that the next black cat sighting is your Phoebe.

Claire xx

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2007, 10:50:34 AM »
Good morning to you all. Yesterday I started to widen my poster campaign and spent the afternoon putting them up quite a distance from our home and chatting to a few people about Phoebe. My weekly calls to all the vets, rescue centers and council (if you are interested in what our council do with RTA's - have a look at my post in the petition section for micro chipping)has all drawn blanks - I have made sure that I ask each vet surgery and rescue center to keep her details until I let them know what has happened. These posters in vets do work - we had a call this morning from a chap (he had seen our poster in his vets)who has alerted us to a small black cat that he saw last night running across a dual carriage way in front of him (its up by Bridgewood - Puddypaws will know of this area) - it would not be impossible for Phoebe to get there and do it by avoiding all main roads. From our house you can walk through woodlands right up to this area - its a fair distance and could be done by a cat - there would be plenty of wild food on the way to keep her going. We are going to go up there and have a look and put up some posters - I do know that it could be any black cat - but I need to look.

Last night we went for a look around the disused prison farm - we were talking and shaking the biscuit box and out of nowhere a black cat appear and trotted over to us - did the Phoebe stretch thing with its front legs - oh my god - can it be her? It was not her - it was too big - although it had the nick in its ear. It was dark and we were unable to determine the sex of this lovely one - it was a big cat, very friendly, very hungry and it came and sat with us on the floor to eat. There are rented stables on the site - we do not know if this kitty belongs to them or is stray - we are going back today to see if anyone is around - we will leave a note on the stable doors if no one there. I want to make sure that this kitty does have a home - I was worried that it maybe pregnant - it was large in the belly department or it may well just be well fed.

I will keep you all posted.   

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2007, 14:46:04 PM »
Me too :(   :hug: :hug: to you Chat Noir

Link to CatChat