Author Topic: Lost - BG missing from Stevenage since Sept 06  (Read 6286 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: Lost - BG missing from Stevenage since Sept 06
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007, 19:49:58 PM »
Very heart warming this. I am so very pleased for you.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 11:45:32 AM »
Sandre so glad that the boy is finally home after his prolonged mission without permission

So glad that like us you never gave up hope that he would be home with you and the girls

So welcome home BG and now you will have to retrain Mummy again and make up for all your missing time!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

ccmacey

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2007, 11:13:20 AM »
Wow thats brilliant  ;D Good luck to LMC and BG  :Luv:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2007, 08:43:06 AM »
Oh that is good news  ;D I have to say I admire you for maintaining such an active search over such a prolonged period - I think I would have resigned myself to my loss by then. Doing what you have done required immense courage and determination and for you it has paid off. Give BG a big hug from me and tell him not to do that to his poor meowmy in future!!

Offline Jeannette

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2007, 08:36:47 AM »
Some great news - and hope for eveyone who is still searching for a lost pet:

http://www.catchat.org/discus/messages/7/65187.html?1197101211

ccmacey

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 14:19:08 PM »
You may have to leave him to the wild and keep a special place for him in your heart.  :(

But I do hope you find him, good luck.

Offline LMC

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 13:32:05 PM »
Sorry to hear about your Groucho too Rycliffe. I wouldn't wish the horrible not knowing on anyone :(

I found that the posters in those clear plastic folders stuck up with duct tape lasted best - one of my *original* ones is still up and a few of the others lasted months before they had to be replaced. Some of the quarter-A4 size notices stuck to pedestrian crossing posts (where people have time to read them while waiting to cross the road) have lasted pretty well too. I found that posters stuck on or near bus stops tend to get removed very quickly though  >:(

Offline Rycliffe

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 13:18:19 PM »
I know how you feel - it was 7 October 2005 that I last saw my lovely Groucho.  Still not given up hope and get the odd call out - never Groucho though.  Put up a whole load of new posters just before Christmas but some horrible person reported me to the District Council and they told me to remove them all or be fined!!  I have done all the things you have as well.  When I had the cat trap out I managed to cat a young fox, two hedgehogs and probably a badger as the cage was destroyed!!

It is just so difficult not knowing.  I have Groucho registered everywhere as well.

My thoughts are with you

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 17:47:52 PM »
Very hard for you  :hug:

Offline LMC

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 17:45:47 PM »
Really glad you are still in sight of your naughty stop out boys Liz - fingers crossed that you can catch them soon.

I think that's the worst thing really - I wish I'd just seen BG *somewhere* and knew he was OK I'd have a clue where to focus my efforts (hanging round, waving smelly food about, plastering the area with leaflets, pestering people to try to coax him inside/into a shed, etc). I borrowed a trap from the CPL on the strength of the most positive sighting I had, but no luck and had to return it to the nice lady after a few weeks because others needed it. She has said I can borrow it again any time which was lovely of her.

But I haven't even had the encouragement of a sure sighting - which is why I'm starting to lose hope now :(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 15:18:45 PM »
Wow Liz, you see him, thats great. Hope that you eventually get him back home  ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 14:54:31 PM »
hello its nice to see you are still looking, we are still looking for Rio and see him on the odd occassion now but he is eating here along with our Long term stray Tyson and the newbie Cooper so when the weather gets better some serious trapping will begin again, he is the only one now not home and in the warm but we haven't lost hope and know one day the boy will be back.

Good hunting pm me if you are down as its been nsince 16 July 06 since our mass breakout and one by one they are now back and we have had tears of joy, sadness and despair so are probably on the same roller coaster.

We had 27 to get and have got 26 so live in hope BG may be found.

Liz and the mob
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline LMC

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 11:53:55 AM »
It's nearly 6 months now.

As well as mymoggy, I paid Pethunters to get posters and notifications to vets and rescues.

I've done over 1000 posters and leaflets. I've spoken to more of my neighbours in the weeks and months since BG went missing than I did in the previous three years I've been living in my house. I've spent hours walking the streets and been in the woods at fairly high risk to my own personal safety some of the times of night I've been walking round there.

Please don't assume that I haven't done something just because I haven't mentioned it. I've done *everything* that's been recommended. Of course it's still not enough - it won't be until I find my cat. But I have other cats to think of and a mortgage to pay (i.e. I have to work) - otherwise I wouldn't be sat at my desk now.

http://www.mymoggy.com/photos/c1210BG/c1210BG.htm
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 11:54:57 AM by LMC »

ccmacey

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 10:12:27 AM »
I think do what you can to find your cat, if it were me Id be sticking posters on people walking the streets if I could. Hope you find him, you may have to take to go looking in the woods for him.

Offline LMC

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 18:07:43 PM »
Re: "Nicked what" - the poster in the car idea - can't remember where I got it from.

As he was a stray for so long, it could well be that he felt the call of the wild again :(

Advantage is that he's obviously used to looking out for himself - he was very thin and a right wormy fleabag when I adopted him - as you'd expect from a long-term stray (at least 6 months), but otherwise in good health (clear eyes, excellent teeth etc).

Disadvantage is that because he's used to living rough, he could well be not that far away even though I haven't seen or heard a hair or whisker of him.

But with no positive sightings, I'm finding it hard to stay hopeful. Vets and rescues have been contacted in a wide radius - several counties.

ccmacey

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 14:21:56 PM »
Nicked what  LMC?

Do you think that because the cat was origanally a stray he could of gone back to his old ways? Especially as there is open woodland about? Maybe someone could be feeding him? I hope he returns.

Offline LMC

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 14:07:57 PM »
I can't remember whether I've ever seen this anywhere ... if anyone wants to tell me where I nicked it from, feel free.

I have had a poster in the back window of my car ever since I printed them all off. It's one place where it won't get rained off or removed by someone else.

Offline Joanne_06

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Pizza x
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 11:57:05 AM »
I understand how you feel, our cat Bailey went missing on the 24th September 06, so he's been missing for just over 5 months now...we heard a lady spotted him about 10 minutes away from where we live, but she didn't realise he was a lost.....if only she had known :'(

He'd be one years old now...probably looking alot bigger then he was, we're still looking for him at the moment, and i'm never going to give up...i just wish that if someone has him they would come forward and let us no he's okay...knowing that would help alot!

We put posters around lamp posts aswell....but most of them have come down, been rained on etc....we also put posters and cards about him in about 5 local shops, phoned around local vets, visited animal shelters, phoned the local council, we even posted over 200 posters of him missing around most of our area....one lady got back about a poster...but it wasn't him :( you name it we've done it!

what else can we do though other then wait...?

i do hope there's some joy to come for both of us...seeing him again would be the BEST

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bailey (pictured below)
Missing Since 24-09-2006
Gosport, Hampshire have you seen him?
Neuteured Male, 3 yrs old (now)
Tabby, white under chin, missed very much, our Bailey!

Alfie, Lu-Lu...
muchly missed Bailey and Pizza

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 19:41:35 PM »
I do hope you find out where he is or even better he strolls in one day  ;D

Offline LMC

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 18:03:52 PM »
One of the first things I did was tell the girl who had found him as a stray (and couldn't keep him because her cats wouldn't accept him). No sign :( - I know she'd call me.

BG has in fact been missing longer than I owned him (which was just under three months). There are so many open spaces and woodlands near me that he could be just about anywhere.

I do need to do a "wake up" call round the vets surgeries as well, although they would always scan for a chip if a stray came in. One of my CPL contacts reckons that someone might have adopted him and claimed that he is theirs - she works for my local vet and if someone brings a cat in and says he is chipped, a vet wouldn't necessarily query ownership unless they think they recognise the cat. Of course I reported the loss to the microchip company - but unless someone tried to change the details, they wouldn't know either. To be honest, although I still miss BG very much, if he has been adopted and is happy and well looked after by someone else then after all this time I would let them keep him rather than disrupting him again. At least I'd know and that would be a better "end" than most of the ones I can think of :(
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 18:04:19 PM by LMC »

saffron

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 17:50:45 PM »
from what I remember you only had him a short time before he went missing, so do you think he might have gone back to the area where he came from (just a thought)

Offline LMC

• Adult Cat
Lost - BG missing from Stevenage since Sept 06
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 16:52:09 PM »
http://www.mymoggy.com/photos/c1210BG/c1210BG.htm

BG went missing on 15-16 September 2006. I have to be honest and say that the active daily search has tailed off he's been gone over 5 months - posters are still up in some places but need to replace others that have been taken down or rained off.

He could be anywhere now, and to be honest, having had zero positive sightings, I'm not hopeful that he's ever coming home.

But you never know...

Link to CatChat