Author Topic: Meet Coco and Chanel  (Read 103929 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Meet Coco and Chanel
« Reply #298 on: February 01, 2019, 12:35:23 PM »
Not quite so sure about that Gill – she may have been warm enough, but no doubt the wet element will mean she gets a few matts! Picking up the grooming thing tomorrow though. Yes, this breakthrough is good.
Please spay your cat

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #297 on: January 31, 2019, 15:35:37 PM »
WELL SHE HAS THE RIGHT SUIT FOR SNOW LOL

EVERY LITTLE BREAKTHROUGH IS WONDERFUL AND THIS ONE VERY GOOD

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #296 on: January 30, 2019, 12:39:32 PM »
Chanel is rubbing my legs more and more - all 3 times I fed them yesterday! She has only started doing that in the past few weeks, so maybe in another month there will be another breakthrough. She got close to snow this morning for the first time, she was the only one of the three who was curious!!
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #295 on: January 24, 2019, 13:28:16 PM »
Yes, they certainly are improving a lot this year, not sure if it is being less stressed and having more time to spend with them, or whether it is just a natural progression after 16 months. Last night I was properly multi tasking, was watching TV on the tablet, playing with the rainbow cord with one hand for Coco, the Da Bird in the other for Chanel and in between that, playing my game! Coco did show a bit of interest in Da Bird, although it scares her when it flies through the air, I have to gently move it along a flat surface for her. I also opened the first of the clumping litter last night, they have happily used it, but I’m not convinced I like it – it’s like Cats Best, but smaller grains, and not convinced it clumps as well.
Please spay your cat

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #294 on: January 24, 2019, 13:18:49 PM »
I THINK THEY ARE DOING REALLY WELL AND SLOWLY COMING OUT OF THEIR SHELLS,  UMM FUR LOL

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #293 on: January 24, 2019, 12:20:39 PM »
See, still getting better. :Luv:

Exactly so.   :hug:  And sometimes, they may take a step backwards again, but we have to trust the process.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #292 on: January 24, 2019, 09:16:38 AM »
See, still getting better. :Luv:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #291 on: January 23, 2019, 13:08:18 PM »
Realised yesterday that something Coco did on Sat night was actually quite a big thing – she went and sat on the floor near the door, then laid on her side and started cleaning herself, showing her belly in the process. I commented on what a nice belly it was, she briefly stopped and looked at me, but then decided cleaning herself was more important. You can buy silicone grooming things that wrap round scratching posts, am going to buy one of those when I get paid. If that doesn’t work, then I’ll get an arch, but I am running out of floor space! Was at the vets with Lucy last night, so registered them – the vet overhead and asked if I’d finally caved in, so told her I didn’t really have much choice, can’t foster cats when you don’t volunteer for the charity! She agreed that it isn’t ideal to keep them confined, but then when I showed her the pic of Coco twelve months apart, she did agree it doesn’t look like they are bothered by it, and maybe in 5 years I’ll be able to stroke them, although it may be grudgingly. I just don’t know what I will do if they show signs of being bothered by being confined. I was saying that Chanel will happily rub my legs, purr when she sees me, shows her belly, but then pulls away from contact, she said she’s just odd, I said ‘well, she is my cat, would you expect anything different?’
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #290 on: January 17, 2019, 17:34:37 PM »

She considered it and then ate from my hand.

See?   :evillaugh:[/size]

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #289 on: January 17, 2019, 13:40:54 PM »
Yes, I thought that when I did it Sue, you don’t always see it day to day, but that really is proof of how much Coco has come on, it may not have been enough for them to be tame enough for a ‘normal’ home but then things happen for a reason, and keeping these two means I’m not feeling the loss of my voluntary work the same, as they are keeping my routine, and they are my new ‘project’. I’m still hoping it is the right decision for them though. I told Coco what Gill said and that it would be fantastic if in years they were more like normal cats, but if they never improve from this, that is equally fine by me. She considered it and then ate from my hand.
Please spay your cat

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #288 on: January 17, 2019, 08:37:23 AM »
SO AGREE WITH SUE AND JUST READ BACK THRO YOUR POSTS ON HERE AND THAT DETAILS THEIR MASSIVE PROGRESS

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #287 on: January 16, 2019, 15:16:47 PM »

Desley, in terms of your comment:  "I do hope I get to see them grow in confidence......" the proof is right there in front of all our eyes.  I suspect it's harder for you to see, as you're living it, day by day, but there's no doubting that these two have come on leaps and bounds since you took them in. 

Offline dawnf

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: star, willow
« Reply #286 on: January 16, 2019, 13:46:50 PM »
I'm so glad they are officially yours now, they are adorable  :Luv2:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #285 on: January 16, 2019, 13:42:38 PM »
Managed to do this, a comparison between when they first came and a year on, the Sept 17 pic is the first time I saw Coco not in hiding, massive difference in her. Now she even asks for things (play, reading, treats!).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 13:42:54 PM by Desley (booktigger), Reason: Add picture! »
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #284 on: January 15, 2019, 13:25:21 PM »
Thanks Tab, I hope you are right! It is strange having young cats, but they do fit under the ‘hard to home’ criteria. I do hope I get to see them grow in confidence, someone on CC said that maybe now the decision is made and the paperwork done that I have relaxed and that is why there has been an improvement – plus I now have more time after quitting my voluntary work. The girls amused me last night, then Lucy was being daft, it made me think that all 3 have ended up with me because they have issues that make them hard to home, but I’m lucky to have them. Yes, my neighbour has one too. You are more than welcome to come and meet them. It is odd not having to get insurance quotes, they are the first in years that haven’t had insurance. Finally got a pair of them together, you can’t tell on this but Chanel is purring – only being a slight floozy though.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #283 on: January 14, 2019, 16:58:04 PM »

I'm glad they're yours now too.  That scared little shadow peeping out of the box - awful they were so traumatised.  So much happier with you. 

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #282 on: January 14, 2019, 16:01:28 PM »
I'm glad they're yours now. Best home they could have and you get to watch them grow in confidence.

Has someone else on your street got a catio too?
I'm sure I saw one when walking past the other week

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #281 on: January 14, 2019, 13:46:16 PM »
Slightly late, but paperwork has been signed, so the girls are officially mine, so let’s hope it was the right decision for them! Just waiting for the microchip details to be done. Chanel has been different since, not sure if it is co-incidence or not, but she keeps being a floozy, rolling over to show her belly, and stretching her paws out, although I’m not allowed to try and touch her back. She often gazes at me and purrs, which is lovely, and she has started to get really affectionate when I’m doing their food, rubbing against my leg, this morning she forgot herself and actually laid on my foot before realising and jumping up! Yesterday Coco was in the catio after I’d finished cleaning and I always give them treats, I put my hand through the window to put them on the shelf and she didn’t freak out, just watched me, then I heard her eating them when my back was turned.  Not sure I ever shared this very first picture of Coco, while she was still at the rescue, but she is barely recognisable! They do seem happy and content with what they have, although Chanel doesn’t really know any different, and this may be the best home Coco has ever had. Chanel is looking quite scruffy though, her ruff seems massive and she doesn’t seem to groom it that well. She has started developing matts since going outside, luckily she has very silky fur so they drop out quite easily
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #280 on: December 25, 2018, 11:38:06 AM »

Merry Christmas all - hope it's going just as you all like It, however that may be. 
Xxxx

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #279 on: December 24, 2018, 22:55:05 PM »
ROFL AND A HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO BOTH

THEY LOOK VERY COMFORTABLE CURLED UP TOGETHER, GREAT PICTURE

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #278 on: December 24, 2018, 16:57:29 PM »
Took their beds out to wash ready to go with the new ones for Christmas, luckily one didn't fit in the machine, so they had to share it, poor things.  :rofl: Never mind, tomorrow they will have 5 between them - they aren't spoiled though. It looks like Chanel is thinking 'ooh, is she going to feed us' while Coco is thinking 'god, she's back again!'  :shify:
Please spay your cat

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #277 on: December 10, 2018, 18:48:25 PM »
Da Mob agree too, floors are for treets, not hands! >:( Peepul can bee sow sillee at tymez.  ;)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #276 on: December 05, 2018, 13:37:45 PM »
Gill, Chanel would definitely agree with Lupin about how to eat treats – it baffles me that out of the two, Coco is more receptive to eating from your hand, Chanel prefers to hit it from your hand to eat on the floor! Does show that she has had a home at some point
Please spay your cat

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #275 on: December 04, 2018, 15:56:33 PM »
LUPIN SAYS TREATS SHOULD BE ON THE FLOOR, NOT IN THE HAND LOL

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #274 on: December 04, 2018, 13:50:09 PM »
Not sure I would call Chanel clever Paula, but she is very cheeky! Coco has made the decision about the window, after I’d shut the window before leaving for work once or twice, she twigged what was happening, and 3 times now I’ve popped in before work and she has shot into the catio to prevent me from shutting it, so I won’t try that again, she’s made her feelings clear! So despite being 1 outside, the window was left open. She was very well behaved when my neighbour took the builder in to check the damp, she did growl when he got near the window, however she took it out on me, I got hissed, popped and growled at! Gill, she likes treats, but clearly doesn’t think she should eat them off my hand, even though she has no issue eating biscuits off my hand!
Please spay your cat

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #273 on: December 03, 2018, 18:37:37 PM »
I think they are both clever cas. ;D Definitely got the measure of you Desley. ;) :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #272 on: December 03, 2018, 18:03:39 PM »

I agree, the piccie with the clock is gorgeous

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #271 on: December 03, 2018, 17:53:56 PM »
THINK IT GOOD SHE DOESNT LIKE TREETS AND PREFERS REAL FOOD LOL

WISH LUPIN DID

COCO IS CLEVER

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #270 on: December 03, 2018, 13:11:54 PM »
Yeah, odd that she doesn't mind getting that close to me when she wants playtime!! Mind you last night I was trying to get her to stop pinching the rainbow cord, and did get a few touches of her ear! Realised this weekend they have lots of treats, so decided to hand feed Coco some of those rather than her supper biscuits - she refused to move! Went to her with them, she looked at my hand, then the bowl as if to say 'not what I normally get', so put the treats down and got her some biscuits, she happily came over to eat some, then tried the treats again and got a 'for heavens sake mother, they aren't what I have' kind of look! Night after I tried mixing them together, she picked out the treats and then spat them out!! So all 3 are very clever cats, poor me!!  :rofl: Chanel shot out in the catio again while I Was cleaning, so got wet through, Coco didn't bother this week.
Please spay your cat

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #269 on: December 01, 2018, 23:41:46 PM »
That one with the clock behind is fantastic. :Luv:

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #268 on: November 25, 2018, 19:08:44 PM »
GREAT PICS

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #267 on: November 25, 2018, 12:13:38 PM »
Yes, I'm so proud of them. This morning when I first opened the window a flock of birds flew past, they dived out! Then they went in the catio as I was cleaning the room, it was wet and windy, Chanel hated it! One shelf was wet and one was dry, you can imagine which one they chose! Was a bit concerned about Chanel, she ended up cowering behind Coco and retreating into herself,  luckily deli catz brought her round. She wouldn't let me help dry her, her tail looks fluffy again, trying to get her to show her belly to check that, I really hope she doesn't Matt- my friend commented last week how good her fur was, her ruff gets a bit scraggly but that's it.

Pics as promised! Am sure there was another but can't find it.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #266 on: November 25, 2018, 08:47:26 AM »

Can't believe I missed this update first time around Desley  :wow: :wow:  That is amazing progress!!   Your must've been bursting with pleasure.   ;D

I still remember the first big breakthrough with Malt, when she flinched away from my touch again, as per normal, but then something in her made her step forward - almost with an apology, as if to say "I wasn't quite ready - could we try that again?"   :-:  I was made up.  My grin was bigger than a banana.   ;D ;D 

Clever Coco.    :Luv:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #265 on: November 24, 2018, 20:37:13 PM »
You promised! :need pics:  :naughty:

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #264 on: November 20, 2018, 23:23:08 PM »
I SECOND THAT DESLEY

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #263 on: November 20, 2018, 22:20:04 PM »
I would say, keep doing with what you are doing, it is obviously starting to win their love and trust. Well done DesleyThese may seem like small victories for you, but we can see how far you have brought Coco and Chanel on. :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #262 on: November 19, 2018, 13:38:58 PM »
Just a little update, will post pics later from my phone. Another good week with the girls, Coco is still happily eating part of her supper from my hand every night – she is even happy stretching over to get food from the palm of my hand, one day I used the opportunity to sneak a touch of her cheek, the first time I did it she sat back and gave me a ‘not sure about that’ look, the second time she moved away – I was just pleased there was no hissing or scratching! She has also got close enough one night for her paw to be touching my hand. She often drops them at the side of my hand and she has no issue with having to touch my hand to get those. Sat night she even came down to the middle level of the den for her supper. Wed night they took the rainbow cord into the catio with them, seemed sweet until I struggled to retrieve it! She has started asking to play in the morning now too, yesterday was hilarious, they both had one end so it was a bit like tug of war! I have a dilemma with the catio now, it is getting too cold to leave it open all day, my neighbour would come and shut it at lunch, but not sure whether they would rather be out in the afternoon or the morning, so reluctant to agree to that, but then the room does get cold. Chanel has been so funny, here is a pic of her asking to be played with! Thu morning she must have been really hungry, she’s never rubbed my legs as much while I’ve been sorting the food out! Yesterday she sniffed my head and then purred!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #261 on: November 07, 2018, 17:59:45 PM »
Desley, I think you are right to adopt them, they are happy, safe and together with you. :Luv: :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #260 on: November 07, 2018, 13:38:39 PM »
It would Gill, that’s why I feel I need to go down the adoption route, while I would hope the manager would listen to me, she has forgotten the conversation about keeping them as long term once, and I don’t want to keep being in this position. Plus I have no idea what our fostering contract says and what I’d be agreeing to. We didn’t get chance to talk after the committee meeting last night, so will wait for them to remember again.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #259 on: November 06, 2018, 18:33:11 PM »

Giant steps in baby guises   :wow:

Link to CatChat