Author Topic: Katie's Quest  (Read 38187 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Katie's Quest
« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2015, 22:06:06 PM »
I wouldn't restrict the food of kittens - let them eat as much as they want.  Most go through phases of being greedy pigs and then eating a bit more sensibly.  I got slightly worried about Kito at one point as he was such a little piggy and was getting a bit portly but he really has stopped eating for England and he is growing into his chubbiness  ;)

Lovely pics and of both Bonnies.  The kittens look very small.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 22:07:10 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2015, 21:00:20 PM »
Wow Andrew, really???!! So I'm starving them!! Won't they be happy bunnies when they wake up!

They are over 9 weeks and run about like crazy so I suppose they could do with extra!!!  ;D

;D ;D They will sleep it off, they sleep better on full tummies  ;D

I played with the hoolies then fed them, then they ran around a bit longer, went for a poop then went to sleep. I still do.
They have started to eat more dry food over the last few months so they only have 1- 2 pkts of wet food a day now. It is different for indoor cats though, they don't need as much as they get older.

Lovely names  :Luv:

Lovely pics Mary  :Luv:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2015, 20:22:16 PM »
They're both absolutely gorgeous Katie  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2015, 20:14:56 PM »
Bonnie was beautiful Mary. how lovely that she now has a gorgeous wee kitten named after her  :Luv2:

The monsters are on about 2 and a half pouches a day plus dry food Katie. They have a good routine now with mealtimes, but also look for food in between meals sometimes and get one. Usually after a mental play session!!

they don't eat large amounts in one sitting though, tends to be half a pouch each feed.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2015, 18:51:35 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

You are so right everyone, I am super well chuffed  :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Katie you are a star  :hug:  I hope she is as loving as Bonnie was and doesn't end up in Mosi's Naughty Club  ;)

I love the latest photo of the pair, I hope they stay good friends  :hug: :Luv2:

It's gonna be great seeing them grow up.  Bonnie was with me for just over 7 years and I got her from the RSPCA when she was 10 so I never enjoyed her kitten years.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2015, 18:42:28 PM »
Thats why they are hungry!

Sorry misread how much you were feeding  :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline McKitties (Katie)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Archie & Luna, RIP Indie
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2015, 18:39:17 PM »
Wow Andrew, really???!! So I'm starving them!! Won't they be happy bunnies when they wake up!

They are over 9 weeks and run about like crazy so I suppose they could do with extra!!!  ;D
" Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened "

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2015, 17:36:28 PM »

Kittens need 3 pouches a day each. I fed mine half a pouch of Felix 6 times a day plus biscuits

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2015, 17:02:55 PM »
How old are they Katie?

If over 8 weeks then what you are doing foodwise sounds right if this is for each kitten. Kitten food is very rich to help them grow.

Kitten watching sounds just great and hope you have camera to hand  ;D

I am auction warching..............sigh

• Senior Cat
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2015, 16:51:43 PM »
Hi Gill

They're getting Felix kitten pouches, about half a pouch, each 3 X day. It disappears like lightning! Starting to mix in Bozita which is much higher protein so it will maybe sustain them for longer.

Have got nothing done today, kitten watching! :Luv2:

They absolutely love their cat tree.

Oh and Nic, they have solid poos!  :rofl:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2015, 16:27:14 PM »
Also, where are you feeding them, and can the dogs swipe it!
If possible, some dry food, along with a bowl of water, would make sure they don't go hungry for too long when you're not there. Is the cage big enough to keep food a little way from the litter tray?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2015, 15:37:23 PM »
Bonnie and Archie..............Mary will be over the moon  ;D ;D

DEpends what you are feeding them....is it kitten food?

Sounds like things are settling already  ;D

• Senior Cat
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2015, 14:48:48 PM »
Thanks everybody, pleased as punch.  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Further progress, two kittens and two dogs in the bedroom with no dramas. In fact Archie was sitting on top of the scratching post watching everyone go past at doggy height. He's so bold, he's into everything and they both act like they're starving! Every time you lift a china bowl or open a packet they come flying into the kitchen and meow their heads off. We feed them wet food three times a day, is that enough? Archie is pretty thin and Bonnie is chunkier. They're probably just fast growing hungry kittens!  :wow:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2015, 13:30:45 PM »
what a story, we had a beautiful ticked tabby boy Algie and I have to say he was wonderful - so happy to hear we have another bonnie, a great tribute to a lovely girl I bed mary is chuffed  :Luv2:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2015, 11:08:16 AM »
Awww, I am so glad that Archie and Bonnie have found you. You are going to have such fun!  :naughty:

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2015, 09:34:32 AM »
 :Luv2: that's bought a wee tear to my eye, we have another Bonnie on the site  :Luv2:

They look gorgeous and I don't believe they would ever be naughty! Ever!  :evillaugh:
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

• Senior Cat
« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2015, 09:31:38 AM »

After much deliberation we have Bonnie (in memory of Mary's Bonnie) and Archie who looks like butter wouldn't melt in the photo but he's a complete lunatic!

Progress this morning Dave, Archie and Staffa my lab were nose to nose without spitting, there was a wee arched back but he's the most forward one so we're getting there. Bonnie on the other hand is a real scaredy cat and hisses, spits and arches her back like a porcupine, so a bit of convincing needed there.

So thank everyone for your naming assistance. More tales from Bonnie and Archie to follow.........

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2015, 08:55:35 AM »

I'm sticking with Freya for the gurl  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2015, 08:28:28 AM »
I definitely vote for Hamish for the ginger lad  ;D

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2015, 08:20:44 AM »
Or Bonnie and Clyde !

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2015, 08:08:18 AM »
Fantastic news Katie, they are:
A - adorable
B - beautiful
C - cuddly
D - dreamy
etc.

I think they should be called Bonnie and Charley as in Bonnie Prince Charley.

It would be great to have another tabby called Bonnie after my Bonnie going to The Bridge this April :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2015, 01:18:04 AM »
I dunno, turn your back for 5 minutes and I come back to this!  Brilliant news!  ;D  Congratulations on your new arrivals.  too tired to say much at the moment but watch out for the ginger - gingers are trouble  ;)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
Katie's Quest
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2015, 23:33:57 PM »
I had such a grin on my face reading that! So pleased for you.

I bet Gwyn was delighted with me for sending you out in a gale, to Nairn, on a kitten hunt!!

Seriously amazed you managed to transport them in a box, you should've seen my two on route home from the fosterer! Chester hung from the top of the carrier screeching for the entire journey!

Can't wait to hear what names you settle on. They're adorable!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2015, 19:57:57 PM »
What a story and we need loads of pictures.

they will need to settle in and a cage is a good idea to start with when you are not there and am sure Staffa will love them.  Hope its not got bars as they may be able to get out.

The only thing that terrible woman did right was socialize Indie but you are right she must have been so ill  :(

Scottish v English thats gonna be hard  :innocent:

I am surprised that the satnav didnt send you into a loch  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2015, 19:42:13 PM »
I initially wrote that they don't. I'm glad I rewrote it before posting!  :rofl:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2015, 19:37:51 PM »
Depending on the vet, they might be neutered/spayed very soon. A lot of vets go by weight rather than age. If only one can be done, that'll give you breathing space until the other one can.
Neutering will certainly make spraying less likely for the male, I've never known a female to spray. They both still might, but only (so I've read) if they're very distressed.The one male cat I had stopped completely after the op.
They'll be fine with the dogs when they all settle down in with the new set-up. At the moment, the dogs see two intruders, and the kittens see a whole new world.

Holly, my beautiful black female gurl, sprayed for 2 years after she had been neutered and it smelt like tom cat. The vet said that it wasn't a common occurrence but not unknown

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2015, 19:22:32 PM »
Depending on the vet, they might be neutered/spayed very soon. A lot of vets go by weight rather than age. If only one can be done, that'll give you breathing space until the other one can.
Neutering will certainly make spraying less likely for the male, I've never known a female to spray. They both still might, but only (so I've read) if they're very distressed.The one male cat I had stopped completely after the op.
They'll be fine with the dogs when they all settle down in with the new set-up. At the moment, the dogs see two intruders, and the kittens see a whole new world.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2015, 18:51:07 PM »

They are lovely. Get them both spayed/neutered when they are old enough, not just one of them. 4 months will be about right.

Thomas O'Malley for ginger and Duchess for tabby

• Senior Cat
« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2015, 18:46:11 PM »
Hi there, kitty chaos!
You know this, it makes me just realise how small and how poorly wee Indie really was. These guys are twice her size with more than double the energy. They are completely bonkers! 

We still haven't picked names yet because we can't agree, I want Scottish and my OH doesn't (she's English!), well come on, Dora??! Let's just say I'm not a girly girl and I won't be shouting that out the back door!!

Anyway, you won't believe the story. I was sitting moping because my tortie kittens had fallen through and I went onto Purrs. I noticed that I had a message from Nicola. She was basically sympathising with me and saying if there's nothing in the rescue then it might be worth trying private litters because in the end they need a home too. She'd been on gumtree and had seen a litter ready to go in Nairn, is that anywhere near you!
Well I'm straight onto Gumtree, phone the man and in the car all within quarter of an hour! My OH going ape because there's 50 mile an hour winds, it's pouring with rain and pitch dark, we haven't a clue where we're going and she has to get back for her work in roughly the turnaround time! Thank goodness for Satnav, but the weather was atrocious. So we get to this country cottage and it seems like there's dozens of cats at the back door, there were probably about ten! There were three ginger tabbies of varying stripes, all toms and one ticked tabby girl who I just fell in love with! So we took the most stripey ginger Tom and the tabby girl.
Because we left at short notice we couldn't get our cat carrier from our lockup so brought a cardboard box and a fleece blanket.....fail. Two little kittens sat with their heads sticking up watching all the car lights!

We have decided to keep them in our bedroom and bathroom for a couple of nights just to settle in and yes as I write this lying on our bed, one is sitting upright on my shoulder and ginger tom is curled up against my tum. I have never heard purring like it, it's like purring in stereo!

So all good and chuffed with our new kitties, but as I was saying to Dave, we only really have one problem that's stressing me. The dogs. We have a big crate for the kitties at night and thank goodness they were investigating it at the time, because in shoots our Jack russell, who was fine with Indie, but goes up growling at the bars, the kitties went into vicious ninja mode and were obviously terrified. Then bounding at the rear came Staffa the clown lab barking at he didn't know what and ofcourse when he saw the hissing kittens, he took to his heels and ran away. Mayhem.

Aw my babies are both curled up under my chin. You were so right to get two Nic, they have played and chased all day, it has been so hilarious to watch. They are going for a vet check/jags on Monday so we will need to discuss one getting neutered, is it usually the boy? This can stop them spraying can't it?
So much to learn. Right better away and get that baby name book out. My kittens, my decision, I say!

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2015, 15:54:55 PM »
Oh my word what gorgeous kittens.  Come on you've got to tell use the whole story, how did you hear about them,  cat mad family how many cats do they have,  when did you collect them, have you any ideas on names yet etc?

I wonder if I come and visit I could fit them in my over night bag   ;)

Congratulations to you all. 

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2015, 15:45:43 PM »
Oh Katie they're gorgeous ;D.  I hope you have many years of mayhem fun ahead. :evillaugh:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2015, 15:31:02 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

Kittens

Gorgeous kittens.

What sex are they, how old are they? Info needed

It is difficult trying to take a pic of tornados with an ipad, that's what cameras are for  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Nice pics

They do tire out quite quickly, lots of sleeps and lots of play.

The one in the bottom pic looks like he means business
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 16:15:53 PM by hollycat »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2015, 15:11:26 PM »
adorable  :Luv2:

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2015, 15:02:19 PM »
 :wow:  :wow: what lovely looking frightful terrors!  :Luv:  good luck finding the snooze button, if you do, let me know it's location? Zarny tears around like a loon still  :evillaugh:
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2015, 15:00:42 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

We need to know more.  Age, gender, your address so we can arrange to have them cat-napped   :sneakin:

• Hero Cat
Katie's Quest
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2015, 14:47:05 PM »
Yay!!!!! Wonderful!!

They are stunners! You must be thrilled ;D I'm so pleased and excited for you. Can't wait to hear all about their antics

Boys or girls??

Are they the ones I PM'd you about?

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2015, 14:42:05 PM »
Before Lily came to me, she lived with at least one, quite large, dog. Right from the start she terrorised the local dogs, so I doubt they'll have any problems. You might end up separating them for the dogs' safety!
Names will suggest themselves when you get to know them better, but you might like to look up the names of hurricanes!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2015, 14:31:27 PM »
They are fabulash  ;D ;D ;D

Oh my you are gonna have a great christmas with no sleep and all play  ;D ;D

How old are they? They look nice and healthy. Male or female?

They will get used to the dogs quite quickly I think but like Dave says keep them apart when you are not there until all have settled.

Soooooooooooooo pleased for you  ;D ;D

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2015, 14:08:12 PM »
 :censored: brilliant news!

Don't worry about the hissing. Everything is new to them, they'll settle in. So long as the dogs don't retaliate, the kittens will accept them as part of their domain! It might be a good idea to keep them separate from the dogs while you're not there, simply because, when they do get used to the dogs, the inevitable rough and tumble will be unbalanced in favour of the dogs, and the kittens may get hurt accidentally, but the more contact they have, the sooner the hissing will stop.

• Senior Cat
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2015, 13:58:09 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D S U R P R I S E  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry, not great photos (don't say a word Andrew, have you tried taking a photo of two tornados with an iPad?!)

No kitties in any of the rescues, so got these two privately from a lovely cat mad family.

No names as yet. Both eat like lions, run about like tornados, can use their litter tray and purr so loud!

A few things..........when do they sleep?!

When do they like the dogs?! That was a serious display of hissing and back arching!

Oh and does anyone want a telly because we're not going to need ours!

Link to CatChat