Author Topic: Katie's Quest  (Read 37951 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Katie's Quest
« Reply #227 on: December 15, 2015, 02:26:43 AM »
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww staggering pictures, just love them both  ;D ;D ;D

Offline McKitties (Katie)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Archie & Luna, RIP Indie
« Reply #226 on: December 15, 2015, 01:48:43 AM »
 Talk about pressure!!  ;)

" Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened "

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #225 on: December 15, 2015, 00:38:57 AM »
I am a moderator as is Susanne and I am will not listen and dont think she will either  :innocent:

Do you ever feel ganged up on? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PHOTO'S :naughty:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #224 on: December 14, 2015, 20:46:17 PM »
I am a moderator as is Susanne and I am will not listen and dont think she will either  :innocent:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #223 on: December 14, 2015, 20:12:52 PM »
Katie, you can report us for bullying you if you want  ;) ;) ;) BUT we still want photos  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hug: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #222 on: December 14, 2015, 19:35:44 PM »

:need pics:   :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #221 on: December 14, 2015, 19:17:56 PM »
we are lacking photos  :innocent:

When Kito came to live with me he was obsessed with his cube  ;D

So pleased they are all getting on.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #220 on: December 14, 2015, 15:48:28 PM »
So great that everything is going well  ;D ;D

Agree with the others PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS!

I mean if a photographer cant do it how are the rest of use to do it  :innocent:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #219 on: December 14, 2015, 13:25:44 PM »
The cubes are fab arent they?!

More pics please!!!!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #218 on: December 14, 2015, 12:03:29 PM »
So pleased everything is going better than expected  :hug:

I totally, totally, totally agree with Nicola - MORE PHOTOS PLEASE.

Did you not know the number 1 rule on Purrs is PHOTOS?

Number 2 is DREAMIES  ;) :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #217 on: December 14, 2015, 09:23:28 AM »
Love that Archie has started sleeping on your knee. It’s just such a lovely feeling when they’re out cold and purring on you  :Luv2:

I can’t imagine the stress of introducing kittens to dogs at first, no wonder  your heart was in your mouth! Sounds like they’re getting on perfectly though. I wonder if they’ll snuggle up together when they’re older. My mum had a cat who followed our old dog everywhere and loved sleeping on him  :Luv:

I’ve been lucky so far with Zooplus deliveries, although my most recent order still isn’t here and I ordered it on Wednesday. Maybe it’s because it’s so close to Christmas?  >:(

Now, Katie, this photo situation is unacceptable! There is a distinct lack of cute kitten photos on this thread. Don’t you realise you should have a phone permanently within reaching distance to capture all the cuteness?  ;)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #216 on: December 14, 2015, 02:43:16 AM »
An update from the McKitty household. ;D

10 days in and dare I say it but things are going very well with the McKitties. Feels like that's them settled in now. They have the whole run of the house now too but are usually where we are. They come when called now too which is very sweet.  :Luv2:

They're eating Bozita raw cartoned food but are currently on Felix Kitten as I underestimated how much they would eat, plus Zooplus, well DPD, are delivering in 6 days instead of the normal 3. >:( But God their poos smell just now and aren't like sausages anymore, so I hope that changes when their usual stuff comes back as it doesn't make for a pleasant bedroom atmosphere I can tell you!. :scared:

They are using the litter boxes no bother including their wee night one in their crate which we are still using, as when we let them go free, they run wild round the bedroom jumping on the dog and everything. Then they sleep on you so that you can't move and we get up looking wrecked and I don't sleep at the best of times. So for just now its cosy bed in their crate, door shut, blanket over the top and they didn't make a peep til 8 this morning.

I would never have believed in just over a week the kittens and our dogs would be getting on like they've always been together. Someone had told us that from day one, just put them down and let them get on with it. I tell you my heart was in my mouth lots of times. I have never seen kittens appear so evil and vicious as they were on day one. Backs arched hissing, scratching the lot. I'm in tears saying, "It's not going to work, we'll have to put them back" Tonight Archie was on the coffee table playing with a piece of paper and Staffa has his head leaning on the table just watching, literally 2 inches away and Archie went up nose to nose like he was giving him a kiss.....and did the photographer have a camera, iPhone, iPad?? No, of course not!  :-[  Our wee old dog Pugsey just acts like their not there, 'Kittens, what kittens?' well until they've just finished eating and then Pug licks their bowls clean!  :evillaugh:

Their two favourite things are their cat tree and their flip up cube from the Purrs shop, I could watch them for ages with that and Staffa does literally, with his head stuck through one of the portholes. He so thinks he's a cat and wants to join in!  :rofl:

From day one they have both slept during the day in the top bed of their tree without fail. For some reason for the last two days Archie has decided to sit up on your knee and then as he gets more sleepy the lower he becomes, until he's flat out on your lap. It's so lovely.  :Luv2:

So that's us up to date with Bonnie and Archie, long may it continue!  ;D :Luv2:

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2015, 19:59:34 PM »
Paula  :hug: that sounds rather lovely.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #214 on: December 12, 2015, 19:56:39 PM »
Love the new name Katie  ;D

RIP baby Indie you will always be a purr in your meowmys heart.

I think thats wonderful Paula  :hug:

• Senior Cat
« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2015, 17:52:51 PM »
It actually sounds honest and heart warming, I have a big lump in my throat. What a beautiful and entirely lucid thing to do.  I'm sure you'll know when the final time is right to finish his journey.

Thank you for sharing that.. X

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #212 on: December 12, 2015, 17:41:25 PM »
RIp little Indie, may your soul fly free.

I can't think of anything nicer.

I scattered some of my Husbands ashes off the local beach where his boat and fishing locker were to free his soul. He took 10 years out of being a very uncivil Civil Engineer to be a fisherman and loved his boat and the sea. The rest are to be interned with his Mum and Dad when the time is right.

Sorry if this makes me sound like a weirdo.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2015, 17:18:42 PM »

:hug: :hug:  Katie

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2015, 17:03:11 PM »
Katie  :hug:

RIP little Indie  :RIP:

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
Katie's Quest
« Reply #209 on: December 12, 2015, 16:16:31 PM »
Aww Katie, so sad, but lovely that you got her ashes home to scatter.

Big hugs xx

RIP wee Indie.

• Senior Cat
« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2015, 15:30:43 PM »
Little Indies ashes came back yesterday. We are going to scatter them on the beach that we can see from the house.

Thank you all for your support and caring through Indies short little journey.

Time for fresh adventures for the McKitties, Bonnie and Archie, hence the little profile change.  ;D

• Senior Cat
« Reply #207 on: December 12, 2015, 02:51:38 AM »
Aw thanks for that. I love hearing the background to everyone's cats because you start to get to know the people on Purrs but not their cats unless there's a story going about them.

Emo is some size, Archie weighed 750 grams today! It must be great to have cats with different characters and ages. But then there's the worry and the heartache of when they get old like Trouble. 18 years, that's such a long time to know your cat.

I'm so glad we got two cats, it's funny how's things turn out. I would have more but with the two dogs and now in a smaller house, I better not push my luck!  :innocent:

It's very frustrating, since I've been very low I've not been sleeping, for the first time in my life. I slept absolutely fine before, strange. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing having the iPad. There's so much you can look up and read but I suppose it stimulates your brain too. I'd rather not be bored so I'll take my chances.  :rofl:

Well off to flick through Facebook then try and count some kittens (they're much nicer than sheep)
Thanks for the chat.

Katie  ;D

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #206 on: December 12, 2015, 01:56:15 AM »
Both my kitten girls were spayed at 5 months, the earliest my vet would do them, I wasn't too worried about Bob, she wasn't savvy enough to work out how the cat flap worked, but she was flirting with Trouble (much good it would have done her - he was neutered years ago!) and I didn't want to risk it, Pippa is a husky, she has been able to use the (stiff) catflap since about 3 months old and I was terrified she would be pregnant before 5 months. Horrid kittun! She is 6 months younger than Bob (01/01/2015) and best estimate of little not so feral cat Pippa (29/06/2015) and she is over 2/3 of Bob's size! It's great, Bob used to play with Emo and Trouble, but I think it was a bit much for Trubs, since Bob got Pip to play with, she and Emo still rough house, but Trouble gets to play gently with the wiggly wagglers and catnip meeces by himself and he is getting very frail, very quickly and I don't know if he will make it to his birthday 03/03/2016 he will be 18. Emo is a 6 year old black 1/2 Norwegian Forest Cat and big at over 6KGS, so she dwarfs the rest.

I hope that gives you an overview of my feline family.

Paula xxx

• Senior Cat
« Reply #205 on: December 12, 2015, 00:22:34 AM »
Been to the vet. He said both kittens within weight range for age but at the lower end. Jabbed and wormed and back in two weeks.

Didn't give him a chance to sell me some RC from the mountain of choice in the waiting room, but actually had a really interesting chat with the vet about different types of foods and effect on life health and weight in adult cats. He discussed raw food by freezing chicken joints in the freezer which I said I just couldn't do, not organised enough! So in the end to feed high meat low carb if poss. He did say I'd end up with leaner cats which people may think are under weight because everyone is so used to seeing weighty cats with tummys!

He did however try to sell me a monthly health plan which I actually took! When I sat and worked out the free vaccinations, free microchipping, free worming and flea treatment for a year, 25% off neutering and 10% off all products and treatment for the year too, it worked out a good deal.

I asked about early neutering to which they said they will likely do both together very early but will decide in 3 weeks time if Archies hazelnuts are down!

So a bit of an adventure this evening and all they've done is eat and sleep since we've come back.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2015, 17:44:43 PM »
That's a pain, Katie.  Most of my zooplus deliveries do come within about 3 days but I had one a few months ago that took a week.   I blame DPD on that occasion as I'd had an email from zooplus saying it had been dispatched and collected by DPD so I emailed DPD who said it was because it was coming from Germany!  I do think that can make a difference.  I believe zooplus have a UK warehouse and some orders come from there but sometimes still from Germany.

Mosi and Kito love Om Nom Nom from HKC!  It is pate style (coarse pate) but contains whole hearts.  I cut them up a bit for Mosi but Kito loves them and has not had any problem with them being big pieces even when very little.  I think I am very lucky with my boys as they do eat the good stuff.  Kito seems to have a cast iron constitution and has had sausage/nugget poo  ;) ever since he got here regardless of what I feed him.  He did eat some felix at the breeder's but he also had bozita wet and Taste of the wild dry so his tum was used to the high meat percentage foods.  Mosi has also been fine until his recent troubles.

• Senior Cat
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2015, 16:07:27 PM »
Great, interesting replies thanks..

Particularly about worms Nic. Loved your Lara Croft description by the way, but if you saw the size of me you'd see I'd not be jumping over anything! But I felt real good there, just for a few seconds!!

Now a Purina Poop App, that IS impressive. That's the sign of a real Master Poop Observer (poor Chester  :()

Gill I'm with you on the food, if my two wouldn't eat the raw high meat stuff, I'd give them what ever they would eat too, but perhaps not the stuff from the hard sell at the vets if I could help it!

Ive just received a text from DPD deliveries. My total admiration for Zooplus is shattered. I ordered food and litter on Tuesday night and it's not coming til Monday!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Excuse me whilst I make a couple of phonecalls................

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2015, 15:32:17 PM »
Squeeeee! Am just catching up - those two are just adorable!

Hopefully the poos will just settle down.

I must admit I use royal canin dried and felix/ gourmet perle wet. I have no idea what their poos smell or look like as they all go outside  :evillaugh:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2015, 13:54:33 PM »
Afternoon all,

I've just had a look at the Happy Kitty Company and discovered there is a food called 'Om Nom Nom', I love it!  ;D

Chivvy and Punky lasted for 20 years on Tesco's own 'standard' tinned food and either Tesco dried or Go Cat. I had heard people talking about how bad much commercial food is and thought they were rather extreme. Then we got Cleo, who had verrrrrry smelly poo and I read here that it would probably be less stinky on raw food. This co-incided with a friend telling me that she had started feeding her new cats on raw food from a local company, so I decided to give it a try. Since then I have read more about commercial cat foods and am happy to keep them on raw (although I have to mix it with a bit of Gourmet pate for Madam) for as long as they can/will eat it. The first vet I saw with Alfie did mention dry food in the same breath as 'overweight' but didn't actually name a specific brand and no-one else has suggested that we should feed them anything other than what they are getting. Cleo's poo is much less offensive most of the time - it was a relief to take the peg off my nose!  :rofl:

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2015, 13:27:16 PM »
I think you may have found the best treatment for your toothache Katie - although I hope it's well and truly gone now :hug: - and that is these two adorable little tornados!

Bonnie and Archie are so cute! And what a story to go with them as well.  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

It's amazing just how quickly a cat/kitten can change a household...and the people/pets in it as well.

Really looking forward to reading more and more of the shenanigans these two get up to

Julz xx

P.S - How quickly will these two work out that there is a section just for cats/kittens alike lol.
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2015, 12:28:06 PM »
Vets pushing cat food >:(.

I had to change vet a couple of years ago.  My previous vet was a mixed conventional/homeopathic practice and never suggested RC or Hills without a good medical reason.  My late mum's cat Georgie had renal problems and they suggested RC renal for her, wet and dry, which I used to get online. 

When the vet decided to drop her conventional work I had to find another vet and although the one I've chosen is good at the vetting they constantly push Hills as though they are miracle foods.  My three get Felix AGAIL and James Wellbeloved and I'll not be changing it without a :censored: good reason.

/rant off

Lara Croft, poop raider  :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2015, 11:05:07 AM »

This made me  :rofl:
I can see you now in your kick ass shorts, armed with a poop scoop instead of a gun. Vaulting over furniture to get to the litter box  :rofl:

It could still be worms Katie. Beau showed no symptoms other than runny poop and there was no signs of worms. But despite him having been treated before I got him, he still had a dose of worms. It cleared up after the second treatment.

My vets also don't stock food and there's no hard sell. He'll even tell you where you can get stuff cheaper. when jake needed renal food he told me to get it on zooplus rahter than order it through him.

I'm all too familiar with that poo chart I'm afraid. OH and I were consulting it regularly when Chester was bad. Purina have an animal version of it that is actually saved on my phone  :rofl:

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2015, 08:42:51 AM »
Yes there is a chat room on purrs and if you go to the blue bar whch starts with home its under fun and games...............WOT you haven't looked there! Its also where you find our art stuff  :innocent:

Have to say that I don't go along with the rubbishy food brigade, just use foods that mine will eat and I can afford so Felix and other similiar just fine for mine. However stop at the apparently human recipes with vegetables in!!

Can't see from a post if I can see the blue bar lol...........what is this stoopid o'clock!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2015, 08:06:11 AM »

Very good points Susanne.

Katie, yep I would too.  We're fortunate inasmuch as like Susanne, our vet doesn't stock food, and doesn't push anything on clients.  He does stock feliway and flea treatments but otherwise you're never put on the spot with a sales pitch. 

• Senior Cat
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2015, 08:04:31 AM »
Morning Susanne

I am ready to tell the vet the large amount of rice and veg fillers that is in their food and maize and rice being a main ingredient. I bet they don't even know what's in it. They have a huge stand in the waiting room.

I recognise The Happy Kitty co name, I'll need to have a wee look.

Have a nice day

Katie x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2015, 07:48:28 AM »
It's not uncommon for kittens to get the runs when they go to a new home - the stress of being in a new environment can cause it regardless of food.  Given how little they are you need to keep on eye on whether Archie is dehydrated.  I'm not a fan of RC except in emergencies.  I think their veterinary diets are generally quite good and work for lots of cats - GI, sensitivity, calm etc. - and their renal food often seems the most palatable (it was the only one Jaffa seemed to like).  However the ingredients are  :censored: so for me personally it's a last resort.  Mosi is doing well on the RC GI but I can't wait to get him off it and hopefully back onto what he was eating before.   Many vets do push RC or Hills which I hate.  Thankfully my vets don't stock food and have to order it in and they don't push anything in particular.  I hate it when there are waiting rooms full of rubbishy food because the very fact that it's in the waiting room at a vets makes people think it's a good, vet approved food.  You could try a probiotic in Archie's food or plain chicken for a day to see whether that sorts it and he is ok when you re-introduce the bozita.  Good that he has a vet appointment booked but if the vet recommends RC I would question them as to why and whether an alternative cannot be tried e.g. chicken for a day, probiotic. 

Have you looked at Happy Kitty Company, Katie?  I shouldn't be leading you astray should I?  And Archie obviously doesn't need new foods right now but they put a toy mouse in with every order which I think is so sweet.  It's a rattly mouse and both Mosi and Kito go crazy for them but I struggle to find them in shops. 

• Senior Cat
« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2015, 04:03:04 AM »
Thanks Gill about the vet, it should be fine.

Yeh it's weird eh? All these fishy Scots everywhere. Was taught to never talk about politics or religion at parties so I'll move swiftly on...

I'm totally awake tonight  :Crazy:, gonna be a long one!

It's the principal of greed and commission I hate and does the pet really benefit the most??

Yes I agree, conveniently the Internet has the ability to offer cheaper goods for those that have the access and the knowledge. I always research online first if I'm making a reasonably big order or purchase but if it's something small like say a couple of fillet steaks we'd go to our local farm shop. I suppose it's taking advantage of market forces in one hand verses supporting your small local shops in the other. The customer has to do what is best for themselves or their business in the end.

One big example is Zooplus, my family totally take the mick out of me reporting on their incredible prices and the service online of this German company and they've got it so right. I could work for them, I get great pleasure in saying to people do you realise how much you could get that for online. Huge savings genuinely past onto the customer. Doesn't matter who you are, everyone wants to save money.  ;D

Is there a chat or PM room on here, not that I've anything major to tell you or I'm going to rant any more, it's often just easier for conversation and people can join in. Be good for the insomniacs round here!
Or even just an empty padded room where I could rant on to myself  :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2015, 02:56:24 AM »
Nicola Sturgeon  :rofl: :rofl: What do the Scots have about fish............Salmon followed by Sturgeon  :innocent:

LOve that cat  ;D

RC is cheaper on the web and my vet admits it..............infact nearly everything is unless you need a prescription!

Its the overcharging by vets that is bringing the insurance market crashing down.............another favorite topic on Purrs!

I must go to bed to sleep..............unlikely but one never knows!

Hope all goes well at the vets.

• Senior Cat
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2015, 02:37:03 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: cracker!

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2015, 02:30:41 AM »

• Senior Cat
« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2015, 02:24:47 AM »
Just popped on to catch up with my thread and I'm laughing out loud. Haven't seen that scale chart before, mind you, it was sick kids I nursed. Now babies nappies, that's a whole subject in itself because both pee n poo are mixed together!!  :rofl:

Now back to things of a serious feline nature. Young Archie has the runs (I believe that's a type 7) and he is sneezing fairly regularly. He hasnt a wet nose or fast breathing, after Indie I actually felt physically sick counting his resps. Otherwise he's as crazy as ever and eating well.

When I mentioned his runny poo last time I don't think I explained myself very well. They have both been on Bozita for 5 days now, I upped the amount after some advice from my lovely Purrs friends and that went fine. So I thought I would try some dry to offer during the day. I sprinkled some on top of the Bozita morning and night. Then the next day Archie got diarrhoea and still has it 2 days later and I stopped the dry straight away.
Bonnie has been fine. In typical nurse fashion I've examined their poo closely and there was no evidence of worms. Due a vet appointment tomorrow so we'll see.
With having a new young pet, I have a little bet on with myself to see if the vet will recommend Royal Canin food products, another company's insurance and a monthly health plan to me. This drives me INSANE because the vet company earn a substantial profit as is without needing commission from a company who have already overpriced their product to cover it. People try to excuse it by saying "Ah that's just how business works"  no it isn't, it's blatant opportunistic profiteering.  People are literally put on the spot in the treatment room, waiting room or both and feel in a very difficult position to say know. I'll gladly pay for quality service but not through dishonest marketing which isn't benefitting the consumer and more importantly their animal. >:(

What am I like? I'm on a rant 'again'! This new medication seems to be giving me a new 'kick ass' attitude. The next time I write I'll be signing as Nicola Sturgeon or Lara Croft, preferably the latter  ;)

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #188 on: December 10, 2015, 22:11:48 PM »
I got to know a fair few nurses when Dad was alive, they visited twice a week for about 10 years, they are a great bunch and yes they are fascinated by stuff like poo, the colour, the texture, the smell, density etc.   :rofl:  Don't get them started on the colour of pee!

:-[

Link to CatChat