Author Topic: Katie's Quest  (Read 38027 times)

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Katie's Quest
« Reply #267 on: January 19, 2016, 17:09:22 PM »
Awww they are having so much fun  ;D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #266 on: January 18, 2016, 21:44:22 PM »
Katie  :hug: it sounds as if you are heading in the right direction.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #265 on: January 18, 2016, 19:46:41 PM »

Looking at those pics is the best therapy anyone can get Katie.  ;D ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2016, 16:27:38 PM »
Lovely to hear how they are develoing and I had to get a couple of loo rolls for Misas exclusive use. They were on a syand and he would attack yjem and sgred and pull them  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I agree nothing like cats to entertain and dont blame you for not wanting to go out in -5 brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #263 on: January 18, 2016, 11:53:26 AM »
 :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty: None of mine (thankfully) have ever bothered with the loo roll!

I bet if Luna wasn't purring & stopping you from sleeping you would be most upset!  :rofl:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #262 on: January 18, 2016, 10:50:16 AM »
Lovely to see some photos of your two  :Luv2:

Loo roll is the one and only thing Chester hasn't discovered yet. He's overcome with excitement when he gets near kitchen towel so I dread to think  :rofl:

Can't beat cats for therapy. Purrs can heal just about anything  :hug:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2016, 21:59:35 PM »
You don't always need to get out of the house necessarily, just out of yourself. People can help with that, but kittens are even better!

Offline McKitties (Katie)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Archie & Luna, RIP Indie
« Reply #260 on: January 17, 2016, 21:47:01 PM »
Well the McKitties have their feet fully under the table now.....or should I say on top of it!! :evillaugh: Things are going well with a nice little routine established. We bought a tree for the bedroom with two beds on it as having two dogs and two cats on the bed was getting ridiculous, we were curled up like squirresl in a ball trying to get to sleep! Well the tree didn't work in the slightest, they just used it to launch off to get onto the bed! We then decided to get two dog beds, which has worked a treat with the cats sumptuously sprawled on their own across the bed just as they'd planned!

We were doing well on the Bozita with a few biscuits in between but we noticed a bit of blood at the end of Archies stools and thought he was a bit thin. The vet felt that such a high protein diet was straining his system at his age and he wasn't putting on enough weight. So all change, much to my disappointment, they are both
now on Felix AGAIL but more importantly love it and are thriving on it....and no more blood.

Staffa and Archie are still really close and can often be seen entwined on the sofa. Luna is still more aloof except when it's crazy playtime and she whistles round the house and don't get in her way or she'll climb up your leg! At night she's a real snuggler too and cuddles in under my chin and I can't get to sleep for her purring.

This is the latest occupation, Archie sits behind you whilst your on the loo and dives for the end of the loo paper and runs away like an Andrex puppy, then the two of them go mad, trailing it all over the house!

Just love having them though and they are certainly my therapy cats. I'm still not going out much (no wonder, it's minus 5!) so I've got entertainment or cuddles all day.  ;D

" Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened "

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #259 on: January 13, 2016, 00:47:42 AM »
seconded

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
Katie's Quest
« Reply #258 on: January 12, 2016, 15:55:25 PM »
Hope you & the McKitties are doing well x

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #257 on: January 08, 2016, 01:21:22 AM »
I am so jealous, Bob is all growed up at 1 and Pippa is a big (to me) 6 month old, nearly as big as Bob. She has lost that wide eyed 'kitten' look now. The McKitties are just so sweet, as are yours Nicola :Luv2:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #256 on: January 07, 2016, 10:29:53 AM »
Oh wow, they are both soooooo cute!!!  :Luv2:

I love Lunas colouring  :Luv2:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #255 on: January 06, 2016, 17:24:23 PM »
There are compensations to them growing up, they calm down......eventually!

• Hero Cat
« Reply #254 on: January 06, 2016, 13:58:32 PM »
Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS!!

I so miss my boys being that teeny tiny  :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #253 on: January 04, 2016, 20:15:58 PM »
Dave's right, that would make a lovely Christmas card, adorable  :Luv2: :hug: :Luv2:

Love the pic with Staffa and Archie - does he think he is Archie's dad?  :Luv2: :hug:

Wish I could put my hands through my screen and cuddle all 3 of them  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #252 on: January 04, 2016, 18:51:08 PM »
Luna is gorgeous with that ticked fur and yes they found the tree, clever little monsters  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #251 on: January 04, 2016, 18:32:03 PM »
That's your cards for next Christmas sorted!

• Senior Cat
« Reply #250 on: January 04, 2016, 18:27:52 PM »
Well Archie and Luna have discovered the porch.....and the Christmas tree! Wee monkeys.

Archie making a protest to take it down, 'I will not, I will not be moved!'

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #249 on: December 30, 2015, 19:14:42 PM »
Oh Katie, the pics of Archie and Staffa just got better and better  :Luv2: :hug:

Glad your mum got her priorities right on Christmas Day ;) :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Hero Cat
Katie's Quest
« Reply #248 on: December 30, 2015, 18:27:04 PM »
Ahhh Katie, I haven't been on since before Christmas & then pop on and find these gorgeous pics!!

What a perfect little furry family you have.

Really glad your'e feeling a bit better, hope it continues.

Chester is a skinny lad too, he's all legs. My vet told me to stop worrying as he's just growing quickly & expending so much energy that there's no extra flesh (the opposite of me this time of year!)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #247 on: December 30, 2015, 01:00:52 AM »
Katie, I am so glad you are a little better, and that you have a baby/kitten sitter, fabulous photo's of Archie and his new friend :Luv2:, and Luna is beautiful. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Paula xxx

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #246 on: December 29, 2015, 20:44:06 PM »
Thanks for the update Katie, I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. Don't panic if the improved mood doesn't last, that's just the nature of this beast  :(

What a lovely friendship between Archie and Saffa!  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #245 on: December 29, 2015, 18:00:39 PM »
Wrong way round Andrew lol, its Archie who is thinner  :innocent:

I suspect its cos of all his activity, is he rating well and enough?

So pleased you are feeling a bit better and just love the pics, good job labs are so gentle and caring  ;D ;D ;D

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #244 on: December 29, 2015, 10:20:54 AM »

Glad you're feeling better Katie  :hug: Champagne will do that  ;D

Love the pics  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: Poor Staffa's back leg, being used as a kicker and a bone  :rofl:

Luna isn't going to be as big as Archie, she will always look smaller and skinnier, females are. The vet will let you know if it's anything to worry about but I don't think it is

• Senior Cat
« Reply #243 on: December 29, 2015, 09:50:15 AM »
Well the fog seems to be lifting and I was even out for drinks last night, its amazing how much bubbly you can get down your neck when you're sitting quietly in the corner! Perhaps that's what I should have done in the first place!

I hope everyone has had a nice time so far too.

I just love my kitties, we are well settled now. They are coming when you call them and sitting on your knee when they're sleepy, well except for Archie who has now developed a friendship with Staffa our lab. They go everywhere together. Staffa pretends to be a cat and goes in and out of the pop up cube to play, then chases after him without stepping on him somehow.  He waits outside the litter box for Archie too and even tidies up any little bit of litter on the floor whilst he's waiting! Then when they're done, Staffa curls up on the sofa and makes room for Archie who climbs under his legs and goes to sleep. It just so cute.

.......and maybe not quite so friendly!

Luna is still the more timid one, that's when she's not racing from room to room, jumping up in the air with her imaginary friend and launching herself at the telly and behind the Sky box!!  Luna.....tic right enough! She'll purr like nothing on earth with a few strokes, but it's on her terms. If she sits on your knee and you fuss her too much she's away. I just love her markings and her ticked fur. When my parents came to visit on Christmas Day, all my mum kept saying was, "what a beautiful cat. It really is a beautiful cat, look Charlie, isn't she a beautiful cat" Then she played with Archie all the time instead of exchanging presents.Great company.

They are both eating well, especially Archie, but I am a bit worried he's a bit thin. There's just nothing on him and you can see his wee ribs. I can see they've have both grown but he's more length wise. He's pretty scrawny. My OH thinks it's because he's on the go all the time and is expending lots of energy. We'll see what the vet says when we take them for their next jabs on Monday.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #242 on: December 22, 2015, 17:50:54 PM »
Thanks for the update, it's lovely to hear news of the McKitties but I'm sorry you are still feeling so rough. Hopefully, you will know from past experience that this will not last forever, even if it feels like it at the moment  :hug:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #241 on: December 22, 2015, 11:22:38 AM »
Luna....tic  :rofl:  :rofl:

Lovely to get an update from you Katie and glad your little rascals are doing well.

Hope things start to improve soon for you  :hug:

• Senior Cat
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2015, 18:43:08 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #239 on: December 21, 2015, 18:40:36 PM »
Thank you and would love some McKitties myself.........................no I wouldnt one Lupin is enough LOL.

Must go and get my calming pill......sigh

• Senior Cat
« Reply #238 on: December 21, 2015, 18:35:18 PM »
No, certainly not a 'lady', she's turning into a Luna...tic. Not a complete nut like Archie though. He has no fear!

Good luck with trudging through your own medical trail Gill. This is the worst spell of depression I've have for a very long time, very frustrating but at least I have my McKitties, it's great watching them going mad and getting cuddles now and then. Just wish I could flick a switch and get back to my normal self.

Have lots of festive fun and best wishes for 2016.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #237 on: December 21, 2015, 18:21:58 PM »
Not genteel enough for Bonnie then  :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry you are nit feeling any better and hope things ger sorted asap  :hug: :hug:

Just finished with all the shopping I have time for as back on the medical trail tomorrow grrrrrrrrrrr

Hope the seasonal time will be good for you  ;D ;D

• Senior Cat
« Reply #236 on: December 21, 2015, 18:04:16 PM »
Very kind thanks goes to Mary for her understanding with our name change for Bonnie.

As much as I would have loved a name sake for Mary's own wee cat, a bit of family pressure has persuaded me to go for something less Scottish that suits our own little lady. Apparently she 'just doesn't look like a Bonnie' so I have succumbed to the masses and named her something else. We have decided to called our McKitties,
Archie and Luna. To be honest she gets called 'Madam' most of the time as she discovers yet another piece of furniture to climb over or under to investigate. As for Archie, don't even ask!.......as for me, not much better. :(

Best wishes to everyone in their pre Christmas week.

Katie x

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #235 on: December 16, 2015, 00:32:25 AM »
Where did you say you lived? I might venture up home to visit my folks and indulge in a little kitten napping on the way home :rofl: :Luv2:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #234 on: December 15, 2015, 21:42:27 PM »
Awwww  :Luv2: I love Bonnie's little ear tufts  ;D

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #233 on: December 15, 2015, 19:49:51 PM »

:Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
Gorgeous, budding hoolies

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #232 on: December 15, 2015, 19:45:35 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #231 on: December 15, 2015, 14:55:20 PM »
They are both so yummy Katie  :hug: :Luv2: :hug: :Luv2: :hug:

MORE MORE MORE  :naughty:

Mary

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #230 on: December 15, 2015, 09:32:20 AM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #229 on: December 15, 2015, 09:27:41 AM »
 :Luv2:  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

They are scrumptious!!!

Love the photo's, espeically the first one of Bonnie

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #228 on: December 15, 2015, 05:40:34 AM »
Pester power........   ;) :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat