Author Topic: They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau  (Read 142821 times)

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
Re: They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau
« Reply #718 on: January 15, 2016, 12:21:47 PM »
Love the pic, happy kitties ;D
The video is great, Beau is gorgeous  :Luv:
he's a little looker  :Luv2:
He's going to get big headed though...I keep telling him how beautiful he is   ;)

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #717 on: January 15, 2016, 11:50:46 AM »

Love the pic, happy kitties ;D
The video is great, Beau is gorgeous  :Luv:

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #716 on: January 15, 2016, 11:43:14 AM »
I'm so glad it's Friday as I intend to spend as much of my weekend as possible with the monsters.
I had the morning off because I was working late on Wednesday and they were so excited to have me at home it was adorable  :Luv2:
I had planned to get lots done, but they clambered onto my lap together and I spent an hour doing nothing rather than disturb them. look at 'em, how could i possibly clean the house when i had these kind of lap snuggles   :Luv2:

A new toy arrived from Purrs shop last night - the new octopus attacment for their rod. Chester leapt onto the kitchen counter when I opened the parcel and took off with it before I had a chance to attach it.

But Beau!!! He was ferocious with it. A spitting growling little lion.
We were so tickled by him becoming a fearsome hunter that we videoed it. I can't believe the growls coming out of such a cute fluffball. Chester kept a safe distance and looked completely perplexed by his gently buddy turning into a killer  :rofl:

Unfortunately the thing sheds deer hair everywhere so I suspect I'll be doing even MORE hoovering  :rofl:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kgn5OIUoxEc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kgn5OIUoxEc</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgn5OIUoxEc&feature=youtu.be

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #715 on: January 11, 2016, 15:10:34 PM »
Adore thosepics  :Luv2: :Luv2:

If I lived nearer I would have them for the week (but you wouldn't get them back)  :evillaugh:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #714 on: January 11, 2016, 12:58:13 PM »
Thats so sweet! If you're anything like me you'll be missing them too! We went to Edinburgh for ONE NIGHT and I couldn't wait to get bck to our lot!  :evillaugh:  :Crazy:  :evillaugh:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

• Hero Cat
« Reply #713 on: January 11, 2016, 12:34:36 PM »
I know.  My OH is retired and is stuck in the house all the time so he loves going on holiday, whereas I'm just the opposite.  Where are you off to on your hols?

We're off to Alvor in Portugal in July. My mum and her partner, me, OH, and my brother and niece are all staying in a villa. We did it last year for the first time and it was fantastic....although a week with us all under 1 roof was definitely long enough  :rofl:

I hate the thought of leaving the boys for a week, I find it hard enough leaving them for a day at work.

No wonder, when they do this...this was this morning. OH is rather put out that they don't do it when he leaves  :evillaugh:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #712 on: January 08, 2016, 15:19:51 PM »

Lovely pics and vid Nicola  ;D ;D

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #711 on: January 08, 2016, 13:06:27 PM »
Nic, I bought a fab T shirt just before Christmas which reads "I'm sorry, I can't - I have plans with my cat....."  and then I saw the sweatshirt too..... 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sorry-Cant-I-Have-Plans-With-My-Cat-Printed-Hoodie-/252015689378

:evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #710 on: January 08, 2016, 12:45:29 PM »
Spot on - it's exactly how you know the job's a good 'un, and it really makes you feel great, doesn't it?   ;D

Moray is a love, and very patient most of the time, although I did post on Alson's thread about how he pinned Malt to the coffee table by her ear the other day when she rudely took him by surprise mid-snooze (I say rudely - she gave him a gentle nose boop, but he wasn't expecting it).  There was no malice in it, and not a peep out of either of them, but it was masterful to witness.   :rofl:

I know.  My OH is retired and is stuck in the house all the time so he loves going on holiday, whereas I'm just the opposite.  Where are you off to on your hols?

• Hero Cat
« Reply #709 on: January 08, 2016, 12:39:32 PM »
I've also noticed another sign of their relaxation into the household, and that's when we first got them, being semi feral, they would always huddle up close together, like two little babes in the wood.  :-: :scared:  Now though, they drape, hang, stretch, and laze anywhere and everywhere, just not necessarily together. 

OH and I were talking about this very thing last night. We looked at Beau sprawled on his back in his favourite spot on our TV unit and commented on how hard it is to believe he's gone from hiding away from us and only ever following Chester, to being so completely relaxed and trusting. It's how you know you've done a good job isn't it?

How sweet that Malt loves Moray and what a patient boy he must be  :Luv2:

I'd happily spend all my spare time at home with them, they bring so much happiness. We booked a holiday for this July before we got them. It's only a week and OHs mum is coming to cat sit, but I'm dreading it already! I know I'll fret constantly!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #708 on: January 08, 2016, 12:30:48 PM »
That's just delightful, isn't it?   ;D

Barley has quite a raucous cry, yet Malt's is much higher pitched and squeakier - more like my beloved MacBeenz MacSquee's used to be, and the pair of them trill and chirrup away to each other.

I've also noticed another sign of their relaxation into the household, and that's when we first got them, being semi feral, they would always huddle up close together, like two little babes in the wood.  :-: :scared:  Now though, they drape, hang, stretch, and laze anywhere and everywhere, just not necessarily together.  Malt normally makes a beeline for Moray, as she just loves him.  Moray cant always be bothered, but will just as readily allow her to snuggle with him without so much as opening as eyelid   :evillaugh:

I hate leaving ours too. I'd just as soon go without holidays, and spend the days with them. 

• Hero Cat
« Reply #707 on: January 08, 2016, 11:14:55 AM »
Good to know I'm not alone  :evillaugh:

I find it impossible to be stern with them, they're just too adorable  :Luv2:

OH was laughing at me this morning as I tried to reason with them. They both follow me everywhere now and Chester wails at me for attention constantly. Beau squeaks his teeny meow at me to be fussed over

I was running late this morning and he was demanding to be picked up and the conversation went something like this

"Chester baba, I really, really don't have time for snuggles, can you not go and see daddy? i need to get ready for work buddy, daddy has toys...and food"

"Meowwwwwww, meowwww"

"I know baby, you just weally loves your mummy doesn't you? OK, quick snuggles"

Pick Chester up for cuddles. Put Chester back down. Chester climbs my skirt

"No, no Chester, I REALLY need to get to work baba, please let go, please?"

"Meeow"

"Awww Beau, I see you too sweetheart but I really need to get to work, OK, one tummy rub Beau and then please go see daddy..."

I was half an hour late for work  :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #706 on: January 07, 2016, 13:37:54 PM »
 :evillaugh:  Yes.  Interspersed in the case of my two with

"Go to your room"    :-:  (accompanied by finger pointing the way upstairs  :evillaugh:)

and

"Ooooo - that's norty. What are you doing?"   :-: :-:  (Hands on hips and looking stern - but failing)

"Don't look at me like that - I'm your Mummy!"    :innocent: 

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #705 on: January 07, 2016, 12:54:01 PM »
Fantastic  :Luv2: :Luv2:

We all still ask the same old stupid question don't we? .........................

What are you doing?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #704 on: January 07, 2016, 10:25:31 AM »
Aren't they getting big - and clever?!  :evillaugh:

I think you are going to have your work cut out with those two!  :naughty:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

• Hero Cat
« Reply #703 on: January 07, 2016, 10:08:51 AM »
That's brilliant Sue!!! I feel an amazon purchase coming on  :shify:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat

• Hero Cat
« Reply #701 on: January 06, 2016, 16:12:37 PM »
So, the monsters are still keeping me on my toes. As well as refusing to stay off the worktops, Chester has now figured out how to open my kitchen cupboards and is very pleased with himself.  :Crazy:

They were both playing in the kitchen the other night and suddenly went suspiciously quiet. I went to investigate and found Beau staring at an open cupboard while Chester tried to cram himself into a vase that was stored there  :Crazy:

I suspect he did it by accident as he spent ages trying to do it again before finally managing it

Now they've conquered cupboards they're determined to get the drawer under my sink open (Chester) and the washing machine (Beau is obsessed with it)  :tired:

We managed to capture some of their attempts on video. They're far too clever!!! I love Chesters little meercat moment at 1:40ish  :rofl:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KtR5LuZ8hxo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KtR5LuZ8hxo</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtR5LuZ8hxo&feature=youtu.be

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #700 on: January 01, 2016, 01:27:03 AM »
How have I missed this kitten fix?  :shocked:  :hug: :Luv2:

Video is soooo funny and the pics are to die for  :hug: :Luv2:

Mary

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #699 on: December 31, 2015, 14:17:06 PM »
They are so gorgeous and growing fast but look so content and happy.................just as they should  ;D ;D

Offline McKitties (Katie)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Archie & Luna, RIP Indie
« Reply #698 on: December 31, 2015, 02:31:57 AM »
Just gorgeous photos,, I love how they still try to snuggle together.  :Luv2:

I can't imagine my two at that size, they're so destructive already! So pleased they're both doing so well.  ;D

Have a great Hogmanay and don't do anything I wouldn't do........and believe me that leaves you a lot of scope!  ;)
" Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened "

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #697 on: December 30, 2015, 22:16:32 PM »
Chester looks terribly stressed!!!!! And Beau is just  :Luv2:
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

• Hero Cat
« Reply #696 on: December 30, 2015, 19:03:15 PM »

Wonderful pics, love them especially the first one. They look so big now :Luv: :Luv:
Thanks Andrew, they're getting really big. Chester is so long now!! Beau is still determined to sleep beside him in the tree but they struggle to fit!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #695 on: December 30, 2015, 18:59:29 PM »

Wonderful pics, love them especially the first one. They look so big now :Luv: :Luv:

• Hero Cat
They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau
« Reply #694 on: December 30, 2015, 18:54:55 PM »
And some more ;D

• Hero Cat
« Reply #693 on: December 30, 2015, 18:49:58 PM »
So far the festive season has been very busy with family and friends. And my days have been taken up completely by these two monsters.

They have me exhausted and with my heart in my mouth most days (Chester seems determined to knock over the telly now) but they're just wonderful.

Thought I'd share some pics!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #692 on: December 24, 2015, 17:20:02 PM »
Love the video  ;D ;D

Havent they grown and what a gorgeous pair  :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #691 on: December 24, 2015, 12:27:19 PM »
We were wondering why we kept finding that cushion on the floor ;D

I now have video evidence!

They have a new toy they love. Nano bugs. Little tiny battery operated bugs that move randomly like real bugs. My brother bought them 2 & they go mad for them.

I immediately thought of your 2 Andrew, think the hoolies would enjoy them!

More than likely but they prefer chaos and destruction  :rofl: Just wait and see :evillaugh:
I fear you may be right!!

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #690 on: December 24, 2015, 12:20:38 PM »

They have a new toy they love. Nano bugs. Little tiny battery operated bugs that move randomly like real bugs. My brother bought them 2 & they go mad for them.

More than likely but they prefer chaos and destruction  :rofl: Just wait and see :evillaugh:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #689 on: December 24, 2015, 12:18:08 PM »

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #688 on: December 24, 2015, 12:14:13 PM »
Does this work Andrew?

http://youtu.be/Pn73ldWneEo

That works thank you ;D

Apprentice hoolies  :rofl: :rofl: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #687 on: December 24, 2015, 12:12:29 PM »

• Hero Cat
« Reply #686 on: December 24, 2015, 12:11:26 PM »
Does this work Andrew?

http://youtu.be/Pn73ldWneEo

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #685 on: December 24, 2015, 12:10:04 PM »
 :Luv2: so cute

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #684 on: December 24, 2015, 12:09:52 PM »

Can't see the vid or a link :(

• Hero Cat
« Reply #683 on: December 24, 2015, 12:04:46 PM »
This pair!!! Look at this deliberate hooliganism. This is their new favourite game. Clever little monsters!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pn73ldWneEo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Pn73ldWneEo</a>

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #682 on: December 22, 2015, 15:21:32 PM »

He also said he's thinking about me and Chester so much that his wife is even fed up hearing about it  :rofl:

:rofl:  Sounds like my vet Nicola.  When Biggles was ill ( and when he was  recovering)  he used to ring me on Sunday morning to see how he was and to discuss things he'd researched or picked people's brains about. Sometimes we'd be on the phone for an hour  or more and OH began to call him by boyfriend.  :evillaugh:  Even though we never did get a  definitive diagnosis it certainly wasn't for the want of trying.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #681 on: December 22, 2015, 10:49:30 AM »

Right now, I have 2 healthy, hyper, rapidly growing monsters and the odds are that they'll stay that way  :Luv2:

I'll drink to that!

• Hero Cat
« Reply #680 on: December 22, 2015, 10:32:02 AM »
Thanks everyone.
I've decided against using the azithromycin. They both seem fighting fit at the moment and I don't want to risk giving them anything that might have side effects to treat them "just in case"

The vet was honest about the usefulness of these tests Carol, and that they can give some indications but that it's of limited use. He seems to share your views to an extent. He didn't see the point in repeated testing and said its all about the clinical signs now, which are all very good. Apparently he can spot FIP very quickly as he's had lots of experience of it.

My vet is fantastic. We've come through a lot together with my cats over the years and he welcomes the fact that I like to have as much knowledge as possible and do my research

He said last night that my cats, with their many illnesses and injuries over the years have been an emotional rollercoaster for me but have kept his grey matter in good order and kept him researching new approaches all the time. He still talks about the surgery he did on Rocky in 2000 to repair two broken hips and a pelvic fracture. He wasn't sure he could fix it but the operations he did on that wee cat were nothing short of miraculous. His back end was like a jigsaw puzzle of broken bones.

He also said he's thinking about me and Chester so much that his wife is even fed up hearing about it  :rofl:

I just need to try not to worry too much, it's not easy, but the positive experiences people have shared on here have really helped.

Right now, I have 2 healthy, hyper, rapidly growing monsters and the odds are that they'll stay that way  :Luv2:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #679 on: December 22, 2015, 09:32:05 AM »
Just seen your post on here about the vet visit Nicola.  I said much the same thing as your vet on your other thread last night, but in my long winded way.
I would be inclined not to give the azithromycin as Chester no longer has symptoms but then, as you know, I am sceptical about the usefulness of the PCR test so I would say that.  Cryptosporidium, like corona virus is seldom a clinical problem in cats with good immune systems and it seems that Chester's immune system is now in good fighting form. :hug:

Link to CatChat