Author Topic: They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau  (Read 142818 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau
« Reply #758 on: February 09, 2016, 18:06:14 PM »
Oh bless him.  They do lie in the most uncomfortable looking positions don't they?  :rofl:

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #757 on: February 09, 2016, 15:07:37 PM »
I think his either watching TV, or maybe in training for some water sports like kayaking or the like.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #756 on: February 09, 2016, 14:07:29 PM »

At least it's being used
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #755 on: February 09, 2016, 12:28:51 PM »
It took Beau a while but he's now using the radiator bed I bought him. He previously slept on the arm of the sofa to get close to the radiator but kept falling off  :evillaugh:

He doesn't quite use it as intended mind you....looks very odd, but he seems to find these positions comfy  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #754 on: February 04, 2016, 13:44:48 PM »
soo cute, wish mine snuggled

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #753 on: February 04, 2016, 13:28:07 PM »
I have a long weekend ahead of me when I finish up today. No work till Tuesday and lots of time with my monsters. I'm so looking forward to it  :yayyy: :narna dance:

They were a joy last night, OH had spent 20 minutes running them ragged with da bird before I arrived home so they were sleepy and so pleased to see me. Chester climbed onto my shoulders and settled there like a scarf before I even got my coat off.

As soon as I sat down they were fighting for lap space   :Luv:

Then they climbed into the cat tree together and Chester gave Beau a good wash before falling asleep on top of him  :Luv2:  :Luv:

It's the first night in weeks where they haven't knocked anything over or decided to have an impromptu wrestling match behind the telly  :rofl:

look at 'em  :Luv:  :Luv:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #752 on: February 01, 2016, 15:26:14 PM »
And a couple more  :evillaugh:

OH just sent these. They were clearly interrupted while plotting mischief, perhaps a dual attempt to scale the mighty fridge?? Then Chester got distracted by the tap - his currentl favourite thing   :rofl:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #751 on: February 01, 2016, 14:02:35 PM »
Wouldn't have them any other way  :Luv2:

They're adorable even when they're norty  :Luv:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 14:52:54 PM by Nicola (RockysMum) »

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #750 on: February 01, 2016, 13:45:10 PM »
Well now, if I had Chester & Beau I probably would think it was all worthwhile.....    :evillaugh:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #749 on: February 01, 2016, 13:37:22 PM »
100% bonkers, crazy, barmy and loony BUT would you change anything when you look at them, especially in them pics?  :hug: :Luv2: :hug: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Hero Cat
« Reply #748 on: February 01, 2016, 12:58:48 PM »
D'you think we're completely bonkers or just a little bit nuts?

100% completely and utterly bonkers Sue  :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #747 on: February 01, 2016, 12:43:13 PM »
I'm finding myself chuckling and nodding in agreement and empathy with oh so many of these Ninja traits you describe, Nic.   :evillaugh:  :shify: :hug: :hug:

My curtains are now clicked to boog-ery.  :-:  Our sofa arms and bed valance sheets are in tatters.  :doh:  My wallpaper has taken a hammering in the dining room, the staircase and the bedroom.   :scared:  The wooden legs of our dining table are now decorated with scores and pin sized holes.    :-: :-:

But I guess I'm a bit fond of the gurlies too.  D'you think we're completely bonkers or just a little bit nuts?

• Hero Cat
« Reply #746 on: February 01, 2016, 12:35:06 PM »
The monsters are definitely fully fledged members of the norty club now  :hairrasin:

Chester has now made it his mission to get on top of my fridge – never mind that there’s a wine rack up there, he just knocks that off.

Yesterday was a day of great achievements for him. He finally managed to jump to the top of the fridge and then excelled himself by leaping onto the top of my kitchen door. Of course, once he was wobbling around up there he got completely stuck and proceeded to wail for me to rescue him  :tired:

When he’s not doing that, he likes to turn on the kitchen tap and lie underneath it. Yip, he has now learned how to open cupboards, use door handles (he broke the bedroom handle) and turn on taps. Of course, he ensures he walks on as many surfaces as possible to achieve maximum wet paw print coverage  :o

We frequently get surprised while watching telly when his paws, ears and eyes appear over the top of it as he attempts to scale it from behind.   :Nooooo:

Beau is naughty by stealth.  :shify: He climbs curtains with the quiet determination and agility of a ninja  :naughty: He can chew through a phone charger cable without detection. He particularly enjoys hanging from the edge of my leather sofa to carry out surprise attacks on Chester. The only trace he leaves is the (many) scratches.  :shocked:  He has developed admirable food stealing techniques. He managed to stick his head in a yoghurt pot before I’d even had a spoonful on Saturday  :rofl:

His favourite game is knocking over my floor lamp and attempting to crawl inside it  :Crazy:

They are utter monsters. My house is pretty much trashed. We are woken several times a night by furniture crashing to the floor. My clothes all have snags because I frequently 'wear' Chester like an extra item of clothing. But I bloody adore them. They are just wonderful  :Luv:  :Luv2:

And then, after they’ve run amok for a few hours leaving a trail of carnage in their wake….they do this….and my heart melts  :shy:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #745 on: January 29, 2016, 21:37:12 PM »
Loving all the pics and the video is something else  :rofl: :hug: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #744 on: January 29, 2016, 09:07:17 AM »
oh taught willow to do that, unfortunately she wasn't bothered if you were wearing a coat or not, I wasn't best pleased!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #743 on: January 28, 2016, 20:48:03 PM »
What a gorgious climber he is  ;D ;D ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #742 on: January 28, 2016, 19:32:40 PM »
He's a mummy's boy for sure  :rofl:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #741 on: January 28, 2016, 15:06:00 PM »
Thankfully it doesn't hurt as he always does it when I have my coat on!

The tunnel was Baileys Sue, he adored it and now the boys love it. It's been well loved!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #740 on: January 28, 2016, 12:26:29 PM »
Ouch!!!  :doh: :doh:

Nic - you have the same play tunnel we got for the girls. 

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #739 on: January 28, 2016, 11:13:08 AM »

:rofl: :rofl:

Just wait till he's all growd up, those claws, ouch

• Hero Cat
« Reply #738 on: January 28, 2016, 11:08:08 AM »
OH took a little video of Chesters morning routine while I try to leave for work.
This is every single morning  :rofl:

Boy loves his mum  :Luv2:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/j4uDpL6bsdY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/j4uDpL6bsdY</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4uDpL6bsdY&feature=youtu.be

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #737 on: January 21, 2016, 19:09:09 PM »
They are certainly turning into kittencats now, Bless them. Pippa sleeps like that in her igloo bed, half in, half out. They are such funny creatures :Luv2:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

• Hero Cat
They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau
« Reply #736 on: January 21, 2016, 18:05:10 PM »
These stories are brilliant!! Cats are such funny little characters aren't they?

I bought a tunnel bed that hooks on the radiator because Beau keeps sleeping on the arm of my chair & trying to get close to it....ignored it for days....Then slept in it like this ;D

Cats are such weirdos. This is why I love them ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #735 on: January 21, 2016, 12:46:40 PM »
It was really just a piece of fur because he'd pretty much destroyed it but they gave it to him to bring home because he was so attached to it. He carried it around a lot until one night he decided to kill it on the bed.  The bed was covered in pieces of black fur and that was the end of Spidey  :shify:

:naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty:

Denzel had a wand with a giraffe on the end, she would drag it up the stairs and present it to you in the middle of the night  :Luv: not so sweet now thats its mice she brings us.....

Its funny the different noises they make isn't it?

I have mentioned our "mouse drawer" before, haven't I?   :evillaugh:  It's the drawer in the bedside chest, into which mouskies brought to us in the wee small hours are deposited, either for respectful burial if they didn't make it, or for recuperation purposes if they're a bit lively.   ;)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #734 on: January 21, 2016, 12:45:11 PM »
It was really just a piece of fur because he'd pretty much destroyed it but they gave it to him to bring home because he was so attached to it. He carried it around a lot until one night he decided to kill it on the bed.  The bed was covered in pieces of black fur and that was the end of Spidey  :shify:

:naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty:

Denzel had a wand with a giraffe on the end, she would drag it up the stairs and present it to you in the middle of the night  :Luv: not so sweet now thats its mice she brings us.....

Its funny the different noises they make isn't it?
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #733 on: January 21, 2016, 09:00:41 AM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  rest in pieces little spidey.   :doh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #732 on: January 21, 2016, 08:21:42 AM »
Aww that's so sweet  :Luv:

Mosi had a toy spider that he brought with him from his breeder's home.  It was really just a piece of fur because he'd pretty much destroyed it but they gave it to him to bring home because he was so attached to it. He carried it around a lot until one night he decided to kill it on the bed.  The bed was covered in pieces of black fur and that was the end of Spidey  :shify:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #731 on: January 20, 2016, 13:12:40 PM »
Aw Nic - that's so sweet!   :Luv:

When Mac was little, he had a little mouse toy with dangly legs.  He used to carry it all over with him.   

• Hero Cat
« Reply #730 on: January 20, 2016, 10:06:26 AM »
Aww! Bless them both sitting in the same position!  :evillaugh:
I know, OH is determined to keep getting pics of them sitting like that so we can compare them. Which of course means they'll never sit like that again  :evillaugh:

Chester did the sweetest thing last night. My niece used her pocket money to buy him a little wand with a yellow and black striped fish on the end for Christmas.

He absolutely adores it and has played with it so much it’s now detached from the wand. We call it his bumble fish.

He was kneading away in his bed getting ready to settle down when he made the funniest chirruping sound and started dashing around the living room looking for something. Then he found bumble fish under the sofa and carried it back to his bed with him.

This was followed by much wriggling and repositioning of the fish and himself until he fell asleep like this  :Luv2:  :Luv:

Bless him, how adorable that he wants to sleep with his favourite toy

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #729 on: January 19, 2016, 17:41:18 PM »
Aww! Bless them both sitting in the same position!  :evillaugh:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #728 on: January 19, 2016, 06:40:25 AM »

They're gorgeous Nicola. They do grow so quickly they will be adults before you know it  ;D ;D

Don't they just.  I keep doing this with the girls too - when I think how tiny they were when we brought them home, and now, they're growing at a rate of knots - Barley more so than Malt, although Malt is clearly progressing faster through the hormonal scale  :-[

With Chester & Beau, you can really see the adult cat taking shape in those two contrasting photos.   :Luv:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #727 on: January 18, 2016, 20:03:17 PM »
They certainly love that bed!

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #726 on: January 18, 2016, 16:59:51 PM »

They're gorgeous Nicola. They do grow so quickly they will be adults before you know it  ;D ;D

• Hero Cat
« Reply #725 on: January 18, 2016, 15:11:10 PM »
And look at how they've grown!  :Luv2:

First pic was the end of October and the second was last week  :wow:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #724 on: January 18, 2016, 14:47:34 PM »
A couple of pics from the weekend of the boys enjoying the window bed. I should probably have got two but us humans are running out of room with all the cat stuff  :rofl:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #723 on: January 16, 2016, 14:13:50 PM »
The video is hilarious  :rofl:  Jaffa used to growl with toys in his mouth.  Mosi just growls at Kito  :rofl:

They are getting so grown up.  Of course they just get more gorgeous by the day but it is a bit sad when they are no longer little kittens isn't it?  Kito was already 4 months when he came to me but still had that little kitten look and playfulness but just look at him now - 1 year old!
It is a bit sad because it goes so quickly doesn't it? They lose the tiny kitten look so quickly!
I looked at videos of them taken just 6 weeks ago & they've changed so much.

Chesters growth is bizarre, he's still skinny but his legs and body just get longer and longer. His big long legs make him totally uncoordinated!

I have to say....Kito is just stunning, I'd never seen his breed until I came on purrs. If he was mine I'd spend all my time just gazing at him!!!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #722 on: January 16, 2016, 08:36:40 AM »
The video is hilarious  :rofl:  Jaffa used to growl with toys in his mouth.  Mosi just growls at Kito  :rofl:

They are getting so grown up.  Of course they just get more gorgeous by the day but it is a bit sad when they are no longer little kittens isn't it?  Kito was already 4 months when he came to me but still had that little kitten look and playfulness but just look at him now - 1 year old!

• Hero Cat
« Reply #721 on: January 15, 2016, 16:12:49 PM »
don't want to depress you but don't they look grown up
I know. They are getting so big now!! Beaus little face has really changed, I can clearly see the cat he'll become  :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #720 on: January 15, 2016, 12:58:00 PM »
They are just gorgeous, they really are.

I empathise about not wanting to disturb the cuddling and snoozling.  ;D :hug:

Barley can scarcely wait when I get home now to have Meowmy slip into her special snoozling  Onesie, and then assume the position for fusses.   :hug:

I have to very light on me loafers to make sure she's not kept waiting unnecessarily, as her little face falls, and she looks so downbeat.  I just cant do that to her.  Bless her paws.   :shy:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #719 on: January 15, 2016, 12:45:03 PM »
don't want to depress you but don't they look grown up

Link to CatChat