Author Topic: They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau  (Read 143051 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau
« Reply #598 on: November 27, 2015, 13:05:06 PM »
Have you tried an air purifyer in the bedroom we run one when OH is at home and he has no reaction
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline McKitties (Katie)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Archie & Luna, RIP Indie
« Reply #597 on: November 27, 2015, 12:28:27 PM »
doesnt sound too disastrous Nic. I wouldnt be able to sleep for listening to them. You can get those cameras now where you can position it in the main room and then check on them on your phone when your out and about. BT were selling them for under £100 I was really tempted!
" Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened "

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #596 on: November 27, 2015, 09:59:24 AM »
So, last night we finally let them have the run of the whole downstairs while we were in bed. last time we attempted it, Chester got himself stuck in our blinds (4 times) so we left it a week to try again.

I hate that I can't let them in our bedroom, but we tired last night and within ten minutes I was wheezing really badly  >:(

So we left them with kitchen, dining room and living room. They cried outside the bedroom door for 5 minutes which broke my heart but then they toddled off to be monsters together. They spent the first hour charging around like demons, which sounded more like baby elephants than baby cats! We were up and down a couple of times - Beau is obsessed with my floor lamp and keeps knocking it over, but then they settled.

I got up in the night a couple of times and they were out cold in their scratching tree basket. And this morning when I went down they were both perched on the window side by side looking ever so cute.  :Luv2:

Only thing they'd done was knock over the water dish - but they do that constantly anyway, so I'd call that a success  :wow:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #595 on: November 26, 2015, 17:48:20 PM »
They are now obsessed with being on my kitchen counters, of course this has provided me with new things to worry about as Chester has discovered he can jump in the fridge and this morning he was up on the counter having a good explore of the door seal.

child proof locks for peace of mind.  I had to get one for the food cupboard when Mosi was little.  I have the sort that are like buttons, if that makes sense.  like the button is on the door and the "hook" attached to the side of the unit then it does up like a button.  That would work on a fridge.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #594 on: November 26, 2015, 14:46:17 PM »
Liz, I've often poo-poo'd  fibre optic trees in the past for the simple expedient that we enjoy decorating our tree, and have baubles which have been passed down over the generations, which I treasure.   However, I  am now suddenly taking a very big interest in fibre optic trees and plastic/wooden and natural decorations.   :evillaugh:

How's Chester this morning, Nic?

Oh Sue  :rofl:

If you have a job opening it......................should be a problem for little claws but you may need some kind of child lock  :rofl: :rofl:

Gosh I thought Lupin was norty !!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #593 on: November 26, 2015, 13:06:45 PM »
Fetch sell RC GI at good prices.  I  have an Ocado order coming Saturday but I've ordered some stuff for delivery tonight (free with £29 or more and 1 hr delivery slot) then if Mosi will eat it I'll add another box to come with my groceries on Saturday.  Didn't want to order too much in case he refuses to eat it.

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #592 on: November 26, 2015, 08:44:58 AM »
His poop was a bit soft this morning, but nothing like it has been Sue. Beaus was too. I'm starting to wonder if the Applaws dry is too rich for them.
I've ordered the RC GI dry food from zooplus as my vets only had 6kg bags available! Desperate for it to get here so that it's the only type of food they're eating. They're both on the wet stuff already.
Beau prefers dry and it's impossible to avoid Chester eating some of it too  :tired:

They are now obsessed with being on my kitchen counters, of course this has provided me with new things to worry about as Chester has discovered he can jump in the fridge and this morning he was up on the counter having a good explore of the door seal.

I'm now completely petrified that he gets it open and gets trapped in it  :scared:
Surely there's no way he can open it is there??? It seals really well and I have to give it a good tug to open it...
Those monsters have me neurotic!!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #591 on: November 26, 2015, 07:37:04 AM »
Liz, I've often poo-poo'd  fibre optic trees in the past for the simple expedient that we enjoy decorating our tree, and have baubles which have been passed down over the generations, which I treasure.   However, I  am now suddenly taking a very big interest in fibre optic trees and plastic/wooden and natural decorations.   :evillaugh:

How's Chester this morning, Nic?

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #590 on: November 26, 2015, 01:00:00 AM »
With the Clan we have fibre optic trees and they are so quick to pop back up no mess but you do have to put them back together numerous times a day and with 6 kittens here should just add to the chaos :)
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #589 on: November 25, 2015, 17:30:59 PM »
well I am getting a small pot grown real tree - far too heavy at the base to be tipped over  :rofl:  I think I will revert to what I did until last year and just put my red berry lights on it.  Kito has proved not to be interested in cables but I will put bitter apple spray on it anyway.  Think I'll pass on the baubles although they are shatterproof.  Not sure I want to keep putting them on.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #588 on: November 25, 2015, 15:50:50 PM »
My old cat climbed our Christmas tree, but we tied it to the radiator pipe going upstairs so it didn't topple.  One year she disappeared for hours to be found under the tree with all of her cat treats open happily munching away. 

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #587 on: November 25, 2015, 15:25:07 PM »

It was Astrophe and Zoonie's first Christmas last year. They had the tree down on several occasions breaking one very old glass bauble (60or70 years old) and an expensive Wedgewood angel, managed to glue her wing back on though.

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #586 on: November 25, 2015, 15:15:29 PM »
You might be lucky, and they'll ignore it. When Lily arrived last November, she attacked all my house-plants, but when the Christmas tree went up, she played with a couple of the baubles on the lower branches, then ignored the tree.
Having said that, she'll probably make a liar out of me this year, and bring it tumbling down!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #585 on: November 25, 2015, 15:13:32 PM »
Yes I think you are kidding yourself  :rofl: :rofl:

I have electric cooker with solid rings and am terrified of Lupin getting up om it. Cant put covers over hotb ring but have a metal rack that was a shelf out of an old cppker and it standa bout an inch above the rings, so put that over with the cover for the ring on top over the ring position.

It still gets warmish bu tdont think it would burn and cools dow quicker. Doesnt look wonderful but much better than burnt paws.

Ithink one of those open wire tray things that you put cakes and stuff to cool on would do the same.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #584 on: November 25, 2015, 15:02:16 PM »
Oh, I've no doubt the monsters will provide ample entertainment when the tre goes up!  :tired:

I've dismissed the idea of putting my lovingly wrappen gifts under it this year.

Thinking I might put some ribbon round the trunk in a couple of places and tack it to the wall to try and keep it upright....am I kidding myself?  :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #583 on: November 25, 2015, 13:55:36 PM »
Oh I am laughing here  :rofl: :rofl:

Lupin didnt climb the tree he just sat at bottom and bit throught the lights wire!!

There used to be a great great vidoe on UTube of what the kittens did to a tree but so far back now coudnt find, it was so funny I was nearly sick laughing. None of the new ones are a patch on it.

sounds like yours could be good Nicola cos you have the terrible two  :rofl:

Lupin broke every cat ornament I had and a large vase,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,was advised to velco stuff down or blue tack it.................I didnt  :'( :'(

He is a climber supreme and stated with the curtains!

Oh we got some fun days to come on this thread  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #582 on: November 25, 2015, 13:55:01 PM »
Oh no - poor Mosi. xxx
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #581 on: November 25, 2015, 13:01:49 PM »
Loving the poo talk.  May be adding to it as Mosi is looking like a vet visit may be imminent.  I have ordered some of the RC GI to try for a few days first.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Kito behaves around the Christmas tree.  Or am I? :shify:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #580 on: November 25, 2015, 13:00:28 PM »
And my sanity. I'm also worried about my sanity
Far too late to worry about that, you're as mad as the rest of us!

The main thing about tree decorations is that they aren't the traditional glass ones. There are a lot being sold as unbreakable these days, and they can often be found in budget shops. I saw some in Netto the other day, and I had to look twice to see that they weren't glass.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #579 on: November 25, 2015, 12:44:13 PM »
It'll be trashed. I know it will. They're :censored: mental, the pair of them  :rofl:

last night, Beau did a swan dive into my tall floor lamp, it's a cylindrical one and he leapt right inside it from the window ledge.

Of course, the whole thing toppled and Beau came shooting out, shaking his paws because he'd dived onto a hot lightbulb. I dusted him off, checked his wee paws and....he went and did it for a second time  :shocked:

I'm not worried about the tree and I'll avoid putting any of my special ornaments on it, I'm more worried about them hurting themselves getting tangled in the lights.

And my sanity. I'm also worried about my sanity  :rofl:

And Sue, we're in it together you and me, you have the velociraptors to contend with  ;)

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #578 on: November 25, 2015, 10:40:21 AM »
Make sure you have a camera to hand when the Christmas tree goes up!  :rofl:

And down again....then up oh and down again  :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #577 on: November 25, 2015, 10:39:52 AM »
Good idea Dave.  May do that.   ;)

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #576 on: November 25, 2015, 09:51:05 AM »
If you have an artificial tree, it might be worth doing a dry run, and putting it up early without decorations, to see what the reaction is, and to get them used to it.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #575 on: November 25, 2015, 09:47:50 AM »
yeah, we'll need to as I don't think it'll stay up for long  :shocked:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #574 on: November 25, 2015, 09:41:16 AM »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #573 on: November 25, 2015, 08:58:30 AM »
willow gets up on the sink, she drinks from the tap so I can hardly stop her!  a throw back to when she was left in a bedsit I think

• Hero Cat
« Reply #572 on: November 25, 2015, 08:55:28 AM »
I've had to move everything!
Went for a shower this morning thinking that there was nothing they could cause any damage with.
Then I found Beau dangling from the bit of cable that runs into my under cabinet lights  >:(

He's so much better at getting up there, just springs from the floor in one easy jump. He's taken to curling up in my pestle and mortar  :Crazy:

Chester however, takes about 4 or 5 attempts each time and it results in a combination of dangling from drawer handles or sliding from the edge while scrabbling (on my high gloss doors  :doh:) with his back legs. And more often than not, he gets up there, gets too excited at his achievement and comes sliding back off in a messy heap.

I have never known a cat with so little co-ordination  :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #571 on: November 25, 2015, 08:34:54 AM »
So glad Chester seems to be on the mend  ;D

The day they conquer the worktops - you've heard of black friday?  The day Kito conquered the worktops will be known forever more as black saturday.  I'd become complacent knowing he couldn't get up there and he caused havoc which included several breakages from the kitchen window sill.

Yes, I live in fear of the day also.  I'll have to get used to putting the lid down over the cooker rings - you're not supposed to whilst they're hot, but I cant risk tiny jelly bean toes on there.   :shify:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #570 on: November 25, 2015, 07:55:47 AM »
So glad Chester seems to be on the mend  ;D

The day they conquer the worktops - you've heard of black friday?  The day Kito conquered the worktops will be known forever more as black saturday.  I'd become complacent knowing he couldn't get up there and he caused havoc which included several breakages from the kitchen window sill.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #569 on: November 24, 2015, 20:51:14 PM »
yes yes I can teach them that but they may have to grow a bit  ;D ;D ;D

I will get Sasa to get the car out and her catnav

LuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupiN

• Hero Cat
« Reply #568 on: November 24, 2015, 19:51:54 PM »
Hadnt scrolled down and the pics are great, Beau looks like a punk with that hairstyle  :evillaugh:

Lupin just read about what they were doing and says can he come and play  ;D ;D ;D
The monsters are very excited at the thought of a visit from Lupin, they want to know if he'll teach them how to get on top of the fridge.
They've been trying all night but it's not workin ;D

Offline McKitties (Katie)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Archie & Luna, RIP Indie
« Reply #567 on: November 24, 2015, 19:39:45 PM »
Positive progress and must lift your spirits.  ;D

Your boys really are gorgeous cats, especially reclining on their claret coloured background dahling!

Onwards and upwards, really good news, so pleased for you.  ;D
" Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened "

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #566 on: November 24, 2015, 17:56:31 PM »
Hadnt scrolled down and the pics are great, Beau looks like a punk with that hairstyle  :evillaugh:

Lupin just read about what they were doing and says can he come and play  ;D ;D ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #565 on: November 24, 2015, 17:51:12 PM »
Promising progress Nic - heading in the right direction. 

And love the pictures.   :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #564 on: November 24, 2015, 17:42:54 PM »
Just wonderful news and hope by friday he is even better  :hug: :hug: ;D ;D ;D

• Hero Cat
« Reply #563 on: November 24, 2015, 16:55:25 PM »
Vet was really pleased with Chesters progress. He said his bowel is half the size it was yesterday, which is brilliant, but still not back to normal. So, he's now to have a small dose of metacam once a day to ensure the inflammation keeps going down and he goes back on Friday for another check up

He's also to stay on the binder and has been given Noraclav AntiB's. Anyone had a cat on them?

Lot of meds for such a teeny wee guy, just hope they agree with him. I have a bit of a fear of metacam as I know how it hammers the kidneys, but my vet said it's half the normal dose and it's fine for a short period of time.

Our vet said there's every chance all his tests will be clear and it's just been damage to the bowel from the bad dose of worms the wee mite had. But we'll see what the poo test results say

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #562 on: November 24, 2015, 16:09:46 PM »
Hopefully Chester will get the all clear, but I'm sure he's at least turned a corner to full health.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #561 on: November 24, 2015, 16:06:36 PM »
They're purrfect, my boys  :Luv2:

I fear they are about to unleash new levels of monsterness though. it seems the kitchen worktops have now been conquered  :tired:

OH came home early to take Chester to the vets. Apparently he was on the cooker, and ever so proud of himself.

Andy said he had himself all puffed up and did what can only be described as a swagger across every inch of it to greet him  :rofl:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #560 on: November 24, 2015, 15:52:58 PM »

Gorgeous boys  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #559 on: November 24, 2015, 15:50:38 PM »
he certainly looks happy enough!!

Link to CatChat