Author Topic: MIKEYS RESCUE & WHEELCHAIR FUND  (Read 75463 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: MIKEYS RESCUE & STORY
« Reply #299 on: September 01, 2010, 22:22:49 PM »
Well done, Heather. Excellent news. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: MIKEYS RESCUE & STORY
« Reply #298 on: September 01, 2010, 09:57:48 AM »
Ooo what wonderful news  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You have done soooo well by him hun.   You are the :best 2:
I know it will be very hard for you  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hey Mikey lad, your new mum and dad sound great  ;D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:05:22 AM by Tan »

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
Re: MIKEYS WHEELCHAIR FUND
« Reply #297 on: August 31, 2010, 19:23:11 PM »
You are an amazing person Heather and you gave Mikey the chance he needed and have worked with him to get him to the stage he is at.

If it was not for you where would he be now

He is one amazing cat who has touched everyone hearts and is amazing for him to have a forever home

Luv and hugs to Mikey

What part of Scotland is he going to???

Zoe
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #296 on: August 31, 2010, 18:26:23 PM »

I'm sure I will be crying on and off all the way back!lol. 

I'm panicking already  :evillaugh:

You have done wonders for him and he seems like such a lovely cat - he deserves the very best and it sounds like that is what he is going to get  :)

I'm sure he will be fine and it will also help your sanity  :evillaugh:

Hopefully we will get updates.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #295 on: August 31, 2010, 18:22:58 PM »
I confess to being a bit late to read your update, I thought it would be something about his wheels lol!  I'm so chuffed for you I can't tell you new mum and dad sound perfect, I really hope it all goes to plan in front of the aga!

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #294 on: August 31, 2010, 18:11:28 PM »
I am a fairly new member and only made my way to this thread yesterday. it is a wonderful sroty and you have done a wonderful job. Purrs members never fail to amaze me too! So glad there is a happy ending

Offline heath380

• Adult Cat
« Reply #293 on: August 31, 2010, 10:57:52 AM »
Thank you all for your well wishes and kind comments  :hug: :hug:

Even if his new Mom and Dad don't join the site, don't worry.....I will be in regular contact via email and will post regular updates as and when I get them....and I'm sure there'll be some pics too :-) (hopefully of Mikey and Poppy on the beanbag in front of the Aga  :Luv:)

It will be a hard to let him go, because of course we have such a special bond.....but the one thing I know from fostering is that when someone else is caring for him then they will fast become the centre of his world and I will be replaced and eventually forgotten (probably after the first week  :rofl:). That may sound incredibly sad but for me that is a good thing! If I thought he would be forever pinning for me it would make it impossible to do.....the reality is (as any fosterer will know) he will move on, and probably very quickly...they always do lol.

I fostered a young Tortie once for over 3 months and had to do quite a lot to care for her. I thought she was so attached to me, but my friend and fellow fosterer Denise adopted her. There were tears when I left her at her new home and couldn't wait to get back round the following weekend to give her some fuss and cuddles....well.....when I turned up she couldn't give two hoots about me!! LOL. Just looked up from where she was sunning herself on a cushion in the lounge as if to say '...and who the hell are you???'' :rofl:

So......I know Mikey will move on.....and thats just the way it should be....

My tears will be because of course I will miss him, but also out of happiness, because away from the forums I know there have been lots of people that have doubted that I was doing the right thing keeping him alive....and at times its caused me to really doubt myself....him finding a loving home is final reinforcement that everything I have done has been 110% worth it and the right thing  :Luv:

To get pics of him settled in a lovely new home will be the final chapter of our journey together and nothing will make me happier xx

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #292 on: August 31, 2010, 06:53:56 AM »

Heather, that's wonderful news.  I think we'd all love to hear that Mikey is settled in a forever home, and hope that Walter and Poppy will welcome him with the warmth he deserves in his life. 

As Gill says, you'll have to try and persuade his new Mum and Dad to be to join Purrs so we can all keep abreast of his doings.  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #291 on: August 31, 2010, 02:00:10 AM »
Its funny I wwas thinking last night that I hadnt seen anything about Mikey recently but knew you were very busy.

Like Mary this is happiness tinged with sorrow and I hope he will settle in his new home quickly.

I do hope his new slaves will keep us all on Purrs and CC uptodate with his life and games, wonderful of them to take him on and am sure he will make them very happy  ;D

Goooooooooooo Mikey, have loads of fun in your new home  :hug: :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #290 on: August 30, 2010, 23:51:20 PM »
Aaaw Heather, I don't know wether to smile or cry  :hug:  I hope you've told them they have to become Purrs members and keep us up to date.  ;)

I hope he gets on with their cats as they sound a very nice couple and it really seems like fate  :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #289 on: August 30, 2010, 21:29:27 PM »
Such lovely news  :) :) :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #288 on: August 30, 2010, 21:22:24 PM »
What fantastic news! Sooooo pleased for Mikey  :Luv2:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #287 on: August 30, 2010, 15:33:18 PM »
I am really pleased to hear this, at least you have some time to get used to him going.
Please spay your cat

Offline heath380

• Adult Cat
« Reply #286 on: August 30, 2010, 15:26:42 PM »
Well folks I have some BIG news!!!!!! You need to be sitting down for this one!!  :wow:

Mikey has found himself a wonderful new home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :omg: :omg: :omg:

I've known it was a possibility for a good few weeks now but just haven't dared post anything just in case it didn't all come together…but now that it has I just couldn’t wait a minute longer to share it with you all  :Crazy:

A few weeks ago I had a lovely email from a couple called Natalie and Martyn expressing their interest in Mikey….although they have never had a paralysed cat before they have had several special needs cats, and having lost their very special little blind boy called Stuart (Little) last Sept they had been keeping an eye open for another cat who they felt needed that extra special home….

Here's the amazing bit that proves that fate has had a hand in this and in my mind it was meant to be......

They couldn’t actually live much farther away as they are in Scotland! Lol. However….Natalie works from home doing glasswork in her own studio and hence they were coming down for the Stourbridge Glass Festival at the end of August and felt it would be an ideal opportunity to spend lots of time with Mikey and see if they felt they could truly manage his care. So...of all the places in the UK they could have been going on holiday, it just so happened it was Stourbridge!

So the weekend before last, they had their first 'Mikey' visit to meet him and have a good look at the set up I have here. They then went away for a few days walking and gave lots of practical consideration as to whether they could truly take on his care. When I received the text I hardly dare read it lol, but the answer was positive, and so they have been back this weekend and spent time with him on Fri, Sat and Sun...learning all there is to know about his care.

So…..on the 25th Sept he will go to his new home....I will take him and help set him up in his new environment...stay overnight....and then visit him again before heading back down and leaving him to start his new life  :new here:

I'm sure I will be crying on and off all the way back!lol.  Of course it will be a wrench and I will miss my little man desperately, but it's what I've always wanted for him and I couldn't've wished for a nicer couple to come along and offer him a home. And with me starting my new job in September it will be a huge weight off my mind not having to worry about him stuck in my pen for long days and nights with the winter drawing in…..

They do have 2 other cats, Walter and Poppy, so as always with these things its on the premise that if he really doesn't settle with them he would have to come back, but I know that they will do the introductions slowly and give it plenty of time....and that's why I have been introducing him to Joey and getting him used to being with other cats. We all have high hopes that one day he will be sharing Poppy's bean bag in front of the Aga……

I know you'll all be as happy for him as I am...and from both Mikey and I we'd like to say a BIG thank you to all of you for your ongoing support....Natalie spotted him on Purrs and has been keeping up to date with his story on both Purrs and CC so it really is the forums that have made this all possible.... :thanks: da best

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #285 on: August 09, 2010, 07:25:13 AM »

Excellent one of him paying with Joey  :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #284 on: August 09, 2010, 02:47:55 AM »
Just love the nightime vidoes and so much better with his gorgeous Purr. What a wonderful boy he is and so happy  ;D

I have seen the other videos on CC and him playing with Joey is just great  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #283 on: August 09, 2010, 02:41:18 AM »
Fantastic Heather.

Love the one of him falling asleep - I actually had my head on one side, stroking my screen and nearly falling asleep myself  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

So pleased he was playing with Joey - they seem to be really loving each other in the shorter one.

Mary  :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline heath380

• Adult Cat
« Reply #282 on: August 08, 2010, 23:52:39 PM »
For those of you who are amazed at how easy he moves around and how quick he is well as the saying goes 'you ain't seen nothing yet!!'  :Crazy: :Crazy:

Here are 3 video's of our nightime routine.

1. Him rushing in for his supper (raw beef chunks...mmmmm yummy ?!)....this is when he really moves fast  :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w5YW5zjQcc

2. Having his fuss after dinner...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaD1bjD0Wac

3. A little more supper (in bed!) and then having no choice than to give in to sleep...having had access to his garden run all day.....its so funny.....he can't hold his little eyes open...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4pSARrZu_c

I have left the natural sound on these video's so you can hear him chirp, meow, purr, munch his supper, and you may even hear the belch LOL ....he burps after every meal...I've always put it down to the fact that he has to eat bunched up sitting down....but maybe its just that he's a typical man!lol lol.(sorry guys ;-) )

We have also had quite a break through.....I have been doing some introductions between Mikey and my other foster cat Joey...its been going quite well and for the first time on saturday I bought them both into the conservatory together. As you can see they had quite a nice little play  :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI9d_7LcNcE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MJY2AVR0RA

Oh, and last but not least....one of him in his new play tunnel....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgiZBUsqyj4

As you can see he's had quite a busy weekend....no wonder he couldn't hold his eyes open! Actually, I know that feeling....off to bed now!lol x

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 00:03:19 AM by heath380 »

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #281 on: July 30, 2010, 03:32:00 AM »
Those photos are wonderful! Mikey definitely needs Catbook, it is just Facebook for our furballs. Loads of people use Facebook so it might be a good bit of free advertising? The oldest Facebook member is 90-something and lives in a care home, she gets loads of press attention as have some animals with unusual stories. I believe Purrs itself has a presence on the main Facebook site.

Mikey can just have a profile, or he can upload photos and videos  :Luv2: , he can have lots of Purrs friends, we can even start a 'Forever home for Mikey' group which would then be 'advertised' via the Catbook and Facebook profiles of anyone who joins the group. It was super quick to set up the basic profile, I know you are busy Heather.  :hug:

http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #280 on: July 28, 2010, 15:20:41 PM »
Bless this little man.  He always leaves me grinning from ear to ear   :wow:  Way to go, Mikey!  :Luv:
[/color]

Totally agree - my face aches and my eyes water every time.  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Mary

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #279 on: July 28, 2010, 10:15:59 AM »
He is such a gorgeous lad  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #278 on: July 28, 2010, 10:11:17 AM »
Mikey is such a cutie. :) Heather (and all his babysitters.... ;)) are doing a fantastic job!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #277 on: July 28, 2010, 08:42:53 AM »
Bless this little man.  He always leaves me grinning from ear to ear   :wow:  Way to go, Mikey!  :Luv:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2010, 08:41:33 AM »
Last two! 

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #275 on: July 28, 2010, 08:40:29 AM »
And more!

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #274 on: July 28, 2010, 08:38:02 AM »
Latest pics of Mikey! I went to 'babysit' yesterday! 

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #273 on: July 27, 2010, 18:34:44 PM »
yup you want someone who is dedicated to this puss!..he deserves no less.....as you would  a human. Cats and dogs need that emotional and physical care an attention....mixed in with a lotta lotta love...

like my rabbits...i cared for them all through the winter, made sure they were out in good weather in when it ws dreadful and played with them indoors when it was howling.....cleaing and caring in the most adverse conditions ...all of my animals have always come first.....

Mikey has to be part of  a treasured family member.....i am sure the right person will present themselves! and i think you will know when they do.... :hug:
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2010, 08:09:35 AM »
I'm sure there is someone out there. it's just a simple matter of finding them  :evillaugh:

Sharon was telling me the other day about a lady that was homechecked. She is recovering from bowel cancer surgery which has left her disabled, although she says she would be able to care for a cat. Sharon said the lady so wanted a cat but wasn't convinced that she would be allowed one. Sharon said a cat that had already been homed once and given back (apparently after a marriage split - the cat was left alone 12 hours a day) to us was taken to her house. The cat was put down on the floor in front of her and he rolled over for tummy rubs. The lady was so happy when she was told she could adopt him  :) - Sharon said it is a nice ending all round as he gets a doting 24/7 slave and she gets to have a cat she didn't think she would be able to have. Sharon is convinced it will be happy ever after for both of them  :)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #271 on: July 26, 2010, 07:52:42 AM »
Thank you both, I hope I didn't come across as ungrateful

Absolutely not!   Heather, I think all of us to some degree or another hold an ingrained belief that no-one would care for our own cat to quite the highest standards we deploy, so am 150% positive that all of us understand your desire to make sure that if Mikey has a new home, it is indeed a Forever Home, with people who will love and care for him (almost   ;)) as well as you do  :hug:, and who will be totally committed to him for the whole of his lifetime.  He deserves nothing less.

I think your ideal solution is a wonderful one, and sending every positive vibe that this can somehow be made real. 

Offline heath380

• Adult Cat
« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2010, 07:41:20 AM »
Thank you both, I hope I didn't come across as ungrateful :-[    I am really grateful that you are willing to donate some time to help Mikey and me  :hug: :hug:

FireFox......I don't really know what a catbook page is but it sounds interesting! I like the creche idea for Mikey but I guess its got to me local enough for me to be able to drop him off and collect him. My absolute ideal would be someone that thinks they may be able to offer him a home but is perhaps a bit apprehensive about how much is involved and could they really cope and are a bit nervous about making the 'full' jump into a lifelong commitment without really knowing. We could start off with him going there a few days a week and gradually increase it as they become more confident in looking after him. It would also be lovely for him (and me! :Luv2:) to get used to his new home and feel comfortable with the new people without his whole little world changing overnight. That would be the best solution for me....cos it would also waylay my fears about someone not really knowing what they are taking on and might find it harder further down the line. Do you think its an impossible dream???

I would definately want to be the one who homechecked any potential new home......I just wouldn't feel confident that anyone else in our branch (or outside the branch) would truly know what he needs and what suggestions and provisions would need to be made for his care. So.....I would definately find the time to visit anyone that is a serious contender for the right forever home  :)

Sue P - I like the idea of a questionnaire.....as you say, if someone else could perhaps do any initial vetting (as that is likely to be the most time consuming bit) then I can just pick up with the 'real' possibilities........I'll give the questions some thought......

Thanks all  :hug: :hug:

Ooops...better dash, gonna be late for work!!! xx

Sue P

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #269 on: July 26, 2010, 07:06:28 AM »

It's understandable there's a lot to think about with any sort of campaign to re-home Mikey, especially when you know how much you've turned this little guy's life around - you're bound to be apprehensive about surrendering his care to anyone else, permanently or temporarily.  As Fire Fox says, no-one would push you into doing anything you didn't feel 110% comfortable with where Mikey's concerned.

However, if you did decide that was a way forward, it may be possible to ask any prospective owners to complete a questionnaire first and maybe throw in a couple of testing questions about care/attitude etc to weed out the patently unsuitable early on.  And maybe someone else could do the "weeding out" for you?

Meanwhile, sending a big MOnday Mornign Smile to Mikey  ;D , and a hug for you.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #268 on: July 26, 2010, 01:17:43 AM »
If you don't feel able to seriosusly look for a forever home, I am certainly willing to spend time on a campaign to get creche facilities for Mikey. My only idea is a Catbook page for Mikey, could RSPCA/ CP locally do the vetting and homechecks? If not maybe there is someone on Purrs who could do the telephone filtering? We don't want to push anything on you that you cannot cope with. It does not sound crazy AT ALL that you are thinking of Mikey's long term wellbeing!

:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline heath380

• Adult Cat
« Reply #267 on: July 25, 2010, 22:46:09 PM »
Hi there...thank you so much for your offer of support...the thing is all I want for him is the perfect home and I'm not sure how we would go about finding it?? Whilst creating awareness and doing appeals etc wold perhaps be a way of that home coming forward I just don't have the time to vet lots of people if it did snowball a bit out of control...so feel a bit apprehensive about it.

I want someone to really want him....despite being knackered and worried about the winter....I still couldn't let him go to anywhere unless I was 110% convinced he would be loved and cared for in the right way. I know it sound silly but how knowing how hard it can be I am worried that someone may take him on and all be ok for a few months then they get fed up of looking after him and start to neglect his needs....crazy I know but that thought really worries me :-(

Mind you....on a positive note I think he may just be ok with other cats.....as long as the other cats are quite laid back!llol.  I've been taking my other foster cat Joey out in the garden on a harness as he's been cooped up in the pen in this lovely weather......I've introduced him to Mikey a few times through the temporary fencing but today I took him into Mikeys enclosure for a few minutes....and Mikey was quite a good boy! He had a good sniff....did paw at him a few times but was quite happy to have a fuss with me whilst Joey went off for a sniff around. Mind you, then Mikey did rush a bit at Joey and took him by surprise so he wanted out.....but for a first introduction I think it went pretty well  :)

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #266 on: July 24, 2010, 09:04:43 AM »
me too FF! i dont know what, but i have the cheek of the devil and have no  :shocked: problem writing letters!
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #265 on: July 24, 2010, 02:22:47 AM »
Sue P - LOL he IS misceivious!! He has bundles of personality for sure! ;) ;) Not too sure about the TV stuff....tbh wouldn't know where to start with it all and at the moment I just don't have the time to research it.....probably may go down that route a bit later on if nothing comes up for him....

Purrdy1 - I think the cat creche idea is a great one too!lol. I will find it incredibly difficult to part with him and at the moment he does have a pretty good life with me......but, if the truth be known I am exhausted (its been quite a journey!) and when its winter and its freezing cold and he's stuck in that pen all day (which is heated) while I'm at work it will kill me. I'm not really comfortable with lots of different people coming to the house and giving them access when i'm not here so thats not really an option I want to consider. I don't mind Shirley coming round and she has been really good but she can't be here all the time....so when the winter sets in and the new job starts it going to get much harder  :( :( :(

Gill - I agree Mikey was cute in the box.....well, he's just cute all the time really (apart from when he's having a strop!!) :rofl:

Firefox - it was lovely to re-watch that video.....mind you.....how dirty were his feet!! LOL. And I hear he is being spoilt and has a present on its way to him!! (Thank you soooo much) :thanks: :hug:

Today when I got home from work I let him out into his outer run and he was chasing all the little midges and moths that were flitting about the grass....it was very sweet to watch. Then tonight he had his supper, snuggled up to me in the pen, purring his head off and went to sleep completely worn out :tired: (pics below) :Luv:

:hug:  Oh Heather sorry to hear you are so tired, I bet many on Purrs would want to help you as well as help Mikey. I am sure nobody wants to see you start your new job exhausted and stressed about the impending winter.  :( To me it sounds like we need A PLAN ... time I can offer, research and letter writing I am reasonably good at: concepts and coordinating not so much!  :-[  So if anybody has some time to spare and feels able to do the strategic stuff, I hereby volunteer for some donkey work ...
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #264 on: July 24, 2010, 00:53:14 AM »
GORGEOUS pics Heather!   :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #263 on: July 24, 2010, 00:14:06 AM »
Heather I love that bottom pic - looks like he's hiding cos he's shy  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary

Offline heath380

• Adult Cat
« Reply #262 on: July 23, 2010, 23:55:30 PM »
Maryas....you are right he would have loved the pigeon! Actually Alfie bought a mouse into the garden the other day so I went into 'mouse rescue' mode....Mikey was watching it all intently and when I'd got it safely trapped in the box ready for release I did think 'Ooooooh he would luuuurrrve this mouse!' but I just couldn't bring myself to do it to the poor little thing....I think he would've got munched!!!! :-:

Sue P - LOL he IS misceivious!! He has bundles of personality for sure! ;) ;) Not too sure about the TV stuff....tbh wouldn't know where to start with it all and at the moment I just don't have the time to research it.....probably may go down that route a bit later on if nothing comes up for him....

Purrdy1 - I think the cat creche idea is a great one too!lol. I will find it incredibly difficult to part with him and at the moment he does have a pretty good life with me......but, if the truth be known I am exhausted (its been quite a journey!) and when its winter and its freezing cold and he's stuck in that pen all day (which is heated) while I'm at work it will kill me. I'm not really comfortable with lots of different people coming to the house and giving them access when i'm not here so thats not really an option I want to consider. I don't mind Shirley coming round and she has been really good but she can't be here all the time....so when the winter sets in and the new job starts it going to get much harder  :( :( :(

Gill - I agree Mikey was cute in the box.....well, he's just cute all the time really (apart from when he's having a strop!!) :rofl:

Firefox - it was lovely to re-watch that video.....mind you.....how dirty were his feet!! LOL. And I hear he is being spoilt and has a present on its way to him!! (Thank you soooo much) :thanks: :hug:

Today when I got home from work I let him out into his outer run and he was chasing all the little midges and moths that were flitting about the grass....it was very sweet to watch. Then tonight he had his supper, snuggled up to me in the pen, purring his head off and went to sleep completely worn out :tired: (pics below) :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #261 on: July 23, 2010, 15:34:31 PM »
Love Mikey in the box  :rofl: :rofl:

He is just the cutest  ;D

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat