Author Topic: MIKEYS RESCUE & WHEELCHAIR FUND  (Read 75705 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: MIKEYS RESCUE & WHEELCHAIR FUND
« Reply #379 on: October 17, 2010, 22:58:55 PM »
Thats great Heather and so pleaased he is happy  ;D

Purrs can take bigger pics if you like so we can see better  :innocent: :innocent:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #378 on: October 17, 2010, 21:30:12 PM »
That's wonderful Heather  :) - It makes things so much easier knowing he is happy  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 23:03:29 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline heath380

• Adult Cat
« Reply #377 on: October 17, 2010, 20:41:38 PM »
Well it would appear Mikey's charm works quicker than any of us would have thought....have just receied this pic on the phone and really can't beleive it.....I cried tears of happiness :-)

Just what we all hoped would one day happen....that Mikey would be able to share Poppys beanbag by the aga.....what I don't think any of us could have imagined is that it would happen quite so quickly...truely amazing....

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #376 on: October 14, 2010, 22:06:09 PM »
Oh my little man! Brought tears to my eyes! Wonderful to see him so settled  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #375 on: October 14, 2010, 21:28:20 PM »
 :coolpics: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

Mikey fix has put me on a high  :hug: :Luv2:  Bet you cried when you saw the photos Heather.  :hug: :thanks:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #374 on: October 14, 2010, 19:45:24 PM »
He looks wonderfully at home  :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #373 on: October 14, 2010, 19:31:17 PM »
Great to have a Mikey fix and also love him looking in the fridge  ;D

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #372 on: October 14, 2010, 19:06:25 PM »
Fantastic to get a Mikey fix. Missed the updates. He lookes as if he has made himself at home, so so happy for Mikey

Must make Heather happy knowing he settling in good

Zoe xx
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #371 on: October 14, 2010, 17:43:47 PM »
Thanks for the update Heather like Mary I have missed a Mickey fix :Luv2:. Love the pictures especially the one by the fridge clever boy :Luv: :Luv:

Offline heath380

• Adult Cat
« Reply #370 on: October 14, 2010, 17:23:05 PM »
and some more......

Offline heath380

• Adult Cat
« Reply #369 on: October 14, 2010, 17:21:41 PM »
And this is how happy Mikey's outcome has been    ;D

Here's some more Pics that his new Mommy and Daddy have sent to me.....

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #368 on: October 14, 2010, 06:51:50 AM »

Fire Fox - you've had your share of heartache stories with the beautiful Noah too, but isn't it wonderful when there can be a happy outcome like yours and Mikey's  :hug:  :wow:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #367 on: October 13, 2010, 20:39:27 PM »
 :'(   ;D  :'(  ;D
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #366 on: October 10, 2010, 09:21:23 AM »
I think he already has Sue! They love him to bits!  :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #365 on: October 10, 2010, 07:37:12 AM »
I reckon - in the best of possible ways, that Mikey's "larger than life" character will have them all wrapped ruond his little paws by now.   :Luv2:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #364 on: October 09, 2010, 23:36:19 PM »
I felt like that too, Mary and i've spent quite a lot of time with him but, one day, i just picked him up cos i realised i couldn't hurt him cos he can't feel anything and we had a lovely cuddle!   :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #363 on: October 09, 2010, 23:14:05 PM »
I'm sure by now that Martyn and Natalie will be more at ease with Mikey and he with them - I would be too scared to touch him in case I did anything wrong to hurt him.

Looking forward to Heather's update.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #362 on: October 09, 2010, 22:57:48 PM »
Me too, Mary!   :'( He's SO happy in his new home tho....an amazing adaptable little man!  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Heather's really busy with her new job, i'm sure she'll update when she gets a chance  :hug: :hug: I'll give her a reminder   :evillaugh:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #361 on: October 09, 2010, 22:49:53 PM »
Our little Hero has only been gone a short while and I'm missing my Mikey 'fix'  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #360 on: October 04, 2010, 08:27:31 AM »
LOL Sue, i know how you feel! I saw him the day before he went and had a 'Heather-type' snuggle with him on the settee while she was clearing out his pen. When she came back in, i had a huge lump in my throat and tears rolling down my face!  :'( She said 'No tears, i've told you, you'll start me off!' I was the same on the day he went until i had the final text saying he wasn't bothered if she was there or not!!   ;D  I couldn't believe it-i was convinced he's pine for her!  :shy:  He's an amazing little boy and, as far as i'm concerned, he'll be 'another Chloe'-a foster cat she had last year and i'll never forget her either  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

I'm going to meet her 2 new boys today-a 4month old tabby thrown from a car  >:( >:(  and a 2/3 ginger and white boy just left when his owners moved  >:( >:(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #359 on: October 04, 2010, 07:07:13 AM »

Heather - and Shirley - I've been away the last week, but reading this brings a huge lump to my throat and a big grin to my face all at the same time.   :cuddle: :cuddle:

Am sooooo pleased that Mikey has made the adjustment without a flicker, and is clearly enjoying his new home.   ;D  Also good to see that Walter and Poppy will be the Head Nurse and Assistant Head Nurse in charge of Mikey's care and wellbeing.   ;) 

An incredible journey Heather, in more ways than one.  :hug: :hug: 

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #358 on: September 30, 2010, 12:11:42 PM »
Wow, have just been watching the vids, had a huge grin watching his new daddy giving him cuddles  :Luv2: :Luv2:

I'm so pleased that darling Mikey has such a wonderful life ahead of him, and its all down to you not giving up on him, and giving him the chances he deserved.

You're one special person, you know that  :shy:  :hug: xxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #357 on: September 30, 2010, 10:34:56 AM »
Heather thats is just so fantastic for words  :wow:  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks to you hun he has a wonderful home and looks like he is loving it all.

You are a huge star hun  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #356 on: September 27, 2010, 19:46:28 PM »
Aaaw Heather - well done you.  So brave of you, it must've been so heart wrenching.  :hug:

I laughed when you said he wasn't bothered when you left for the hotel but I was soon in tears at the thought of him not coming back with you.

However, he looks to be enjoying himself and M & N sound great.

Long live Mikey. :Luv2: :hug:

Mary

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #355 on: September 27, 2010, 19:00:03 PM »
Thank you Heather for the news.    Mikey truly is one lucky boy in so many ways.     
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #354 on: September 27, 2010, 18:32:28 PM »
Hi Heather thanks for the update I was thinking about you over the weekend.  Its evident from the videos and photos that Mickey has landed on his paws in his new home. Thats not to take away all that you have done for him, it takes a very special person to show such love and dedication in caring for Mickey and that you have. I should imagine it feels very strange now without him but also very rewarding knowing he is in a very loving home.
I do hope we can continue to have updates on the little man and no doubt you will have another pussy cat to foster soon :)

Andrea x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #353 on: September 27, 2010, 16:05:47 PM »
I'm over the moon for Mikey  :) I have to admit when I watch his videos I still feel sad that some mindless thug inflicted this on him but it's quite clear that Mikey doesn't feel sad - you can tell how much he loves life!  :)

You've done an amazing job with him Heather and it sounds like he has a home to match the one he had with you - fan-bloomin-tastic  :)

Offline heath380

• Adult Cat
« Reply #352 on: September 27, 2010, 15:37:55 PM »
....and the other 4 pics.

Mikey in his nappy then enjoying a cuddle and 2 of poppy on (in!) her beanbag enjoying the aga  :Luv:

Offline heath380

• Adult Cat
« Reply #351 on: September 27, 2010, 15:35:38 PM »
aww thank you both  :hug: :hug:

Well, as they say one door closes, another one opens....and this is now all about Mikeys door opening to his new home :-)

So many of you have been on this journey with us and therefore how could I not have taken my camera to capture his arrival on video and share it with you all?! So here you go.....you will see just how settled he was quite literally from the moment he arrived!lol

1.His first sniff round his new area...before we'd set it up properly...this was literaly about 5 minutes after getting him out of the car! He tried to help Natalie with the cable ties lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wybUikwuoE

2.His first meal....about 20 minutes after arrival when his pen had been set up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjLbA6yA4v8

3.His first proper fuss with his new daddy (awww):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpJrFsEATHE

4.And finally....a bit of play time :-) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF3mwBsiYs4

I really can't thank Natalie and Martyn enough for giving him this opportunity of a proper life as part of a family. If I could've dreamt up my dream home for him it probably wouldn't have been so good as he has now....

They have also set up a little pen for him in their studio so he can be in there with them when they are working...and thats the bit with the balcony doors where he can watch the birds and the squirrels running in the trees...he's gonna be chattering away like a good 'un lol.

Before I had even got back yesterday they had put the barrier fence up and sent me a picture of him enjoying a walk in the garden on his harness....and in the evening one of him having a snuggle on the sofa with them.

Words cannot describe how happy I am for my little man....no one truley deserves it more :-)

I have posted the pics I have been sent at the bottom. I also took a lovely one of poppy on (in!) her bean bag by the aga which we all hope one day in the future Mikey will be able to share :-).

I'm not sure whether they will join the forums and post directly (although I know they would be sooooo welcomed if they decided to) but if not, then I will post any updates I get!

In the meantime I hope you enjoy the video's!! xx

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #350 on: September 27, 2010, 09:40:43 AM »
oh i am in tears. think i read two sentences anf the tears started flowing . So pleased for Mikey and Heather you are the miost wondeful person for giving Mikey the chance to live and find a loving home for him

Hope we get Mikey updates,

You are an amazing person Heather and dont ever forget that. DOnt think anyone will ever forget Mikey and yourself for what you have done for him.

Zoe
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #349 on: September 26, 2010, 23:35:48 PM »
In tears just reading this but am so pleased you both had a safe journey and that he seems to be so happy. Guess thats Mikey, he makes the best of everything and is just a happy to be an alive little chappie  ;D

This is the greatest thing for Mikey and you should be so proud of everything you have done for him and you now need some rest and when we see all the pics and video I am sure we will shed some more tears.

Mikey has a hug fan club here on Purrs and over there on Cat Chat and am hoping that I may be able to post there again now cos I believe I have been given the info to get on again.

Offline heath380

• Adult Cat
« Reply #348 on: September 26, 2010, 21:40:06 PM »
Well, 856miles, 3 tanks of petrol, and a good number of tears later I am home!!! Completely shattered but what a hugely successful weekend...it really couldn’t have gone any better.

Mikey was a complete angel the whole way there. If I was to add up all the ‘meows’ he did on the journey it honestly wouldn’t have totalled more than 10 mins…..unbelievable!! I think the big carrier with his bed in it was a contributory factor and the fact that the carrier was covered except for the front which was facing me helped….but he was SUCH an amazingly good boy. He slept on and off most of the way and if he stirred I just poked my hand in the zip and scratched his chin and he settled down again. We ploughed on up there and only stopped after about 5 hours as I needed to fill up with petrol (and use the loo lol) so whilst I ate my dinner I gave him something too – thinking he probably wouldn’t want it but no…this is Mikey after all….and he cleared his bowl…..so with a full stomach he had a quick wash and settled back down for the rest of the journey.

I have to say he was the perfect travelling companion…..we had some great conversation (no answering back), he didn’t moan at my singing and didn’t complain about my driving either lol.

We made good time and arrived about 4.30ish. Natalie and Martyn had decided to start him off in the dining room of the main house after all and had ingeniously partitioned off, and lino’d a section to make a pen for him…so we let him out to have a little explore (and don’t worry folks…I have it on video!!). We then popped him back in the carrier for 5 mins so I could set it up properly with all his familiar stuff in it. He didn’t bat an eyelid at all…..he was as confident as if I’d’ve just bought him into my conservatory at home! After a cuppa (me not Mikey!lol) he settled in one of his boxes so I decided to go and check into my hotel before coming back to eat with them later. I felt so happy as he just wasn’t frightened by being somewhere new at all!

When I got back about an hour later I went in to find Martyn sitting on his bum in the pen playing with Mikey and he hardly even lifted his head to me he was having such a good time. We ate our meal and he was tired and nodded off on a big cushion I’d taken with me….and was obviously content being in amongst it and part of the actionl. A bit later we popped a nappy on him and he came into the lounge with us and was off exploring like a rocket….it was about 10pm by then and the drive was beginning to take its toll on my eyelids so I went back to the hotel as he couldn’t have given two hoots if I was there or not!lol…….so a truly successful day!

The morning was harder….I was crying in the hotel room just at the thought of saying goodbye, and nearly decided it may be easier just not to go back…..but it wouldn’t have felt quite right so I did go and see him before I left for the long drive home. He had a good night and had eaten some of his breakfast….he was completely relaxed, chilled and happy. I had a cuddle, cried lots then got myself together and left.

It was soooo hard to say goodbye, but I did so knowing that he really has been a truly lucky boy and in my wildest dreams I couldn’t have hoped to have found such a wonderful home for him. I know he will be so well cared for and loved and that’s all I’ve ever wanted for him….and he will get so much more company than I could ever give him here. So as hard as it was, I know it was the best thing to do.

I have to say the drive back seemed to take forever and I don’t think I’ve ever felt so tired ( there’s nothing quite so depressing as hearing the satnav say ‘and stay on the A9 for the next 81 miles’ and then even worse… ‘ and stay on the M74 for the next 171 miles!’) I felt like I was never going to get home but I did….and promptly fell into bed for an hour!lol

I have pics to add to here of Mikey in his carrier on his way to his new home and new life…and some lovely ones that Natalie text to me of Poppy and Walter reading the ‘Mikey care manual’ that I put together, which I will post as soon as I get chance to get the pics onto my laptop and resized (prob tomorrow)..so that you can all share in his last few moments with me.

I shall miss my little man dearly….already I feel a huge loss and he’s left such a big hole….but each day will get easier and it is about time I gave my own cats some attention as they have really had to take a back seat lately so they need to come first again for a while.

When I get chance I shall post the video’s I took of him in his first day in his new home and tell you more about it. I’ve also had some wonderful pics of him sent to me already which I will share and you can all see just how happy he is to be starting his new life.

Thanks everyone for your support and well wishes over the weekend….we truly have been on the most amazing journey together thanks to Mikey  xx

I am so shattered though I'm off to my bed now.....
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 22:41:13 PM by heath380 »

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #347 on: September 26, 2010, 11:27:23 AM »
good luck Mikey.      Sending lots of  :Luv2:
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #346 on: September 26, 2010, 10:22:54 AM »
It went unbelieveably well Mark! I'd have put money on it-if i had some,lol-that he wouldn't leave her side, but he was completely the opposite!  Went exploring straightawayand wasn't bothered when she left for the hotel!!   :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #345 on: September 26, 2010, 09:58:17 AM »
I hope it all went well. We all love Mikey and want the best for him. Hopefully he will settle in quickly.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #344 on: September 26, 2010, 09:53:40 AM »
Awww thanks, but i only sit with him,lol!   :rofl:

I had a text from Heather when they were half way there and one late last night-i'll leave her to give you the details but it's just amazing! He is an unbelieveable little boy- (still made me cry tho'   :rofl:)   :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #343 on: September 26, 2010, 09:47:21 AM »
Good luck in your new home Mikey. :) Hugs to Heather and Shirley. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #342 on: September 26, 2010, 02:45:22 AM »
Hope Mikey had a good journey and will settle well in his new home  :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #341 on: September 25, 2010, 08:22:29 AM »
I'm sure Heather will post when she gets chance but for now, i'll thank you all on her behalf!  :rofl: I went round yesterday for my FINAL goodbye and, as you can imagine, Heather was very stressed thinking she'd never get everything ready in time  :Crazy: She was hoping to leave by 9am......

Mikey was in the conservatory and, for the previous hour, had been howling while she was trying to get some work done! Just before i arrived, he'd gone to sleep! :evillaugh:  He soon woke up and i was meant to entertain him while she started loading the car with all his stuff tho, as soon as he heard her outside, he sat by the door watching her every move!    :rofl: After about half an hour, he came back to me and we had a 'Heather and Mikey' type snuggle on the sofa  :Luv2: :Luv2: (Doesn't matter that i couldn't straighten up afterwards, :rofl: )

Hope you managed to get some sleep, Heather and have a safe journey, hopefully with the little man sleeping for most of it!  ;) 

I'll miss you,  Mikey, my little sweetheart, hope you'll be happy in your new home  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #340 on: September 25, 2010, 08:10:41 AM »
Good luck for today, and I am so glad you didn't listen to the specialists advice, he is such a happy cat.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat