Author Topic: MIKEYS RESCUE & WHEELCHAIR FUND  (Read 75781 times)

Offline heath380

• Adult Cat
Re: MIKEYS WHEELCHAIR FUND
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2010, 22:56:53 PM »
WOW everybody you are all TRUELY AMAZING and we are both TRUELY GRATEFUL!!!  :wooooo: :wooooo: This will be me and Mikey on friday night :drink: (not with fund money though!!LOL Better make that clear!!)

Mikey is doing brilliantly....and I am hoping to get his wheels ordered in the next two days...

I was hoping to have done it by now but I have been manic at work with steep deadlines to meet and everything that could go wrong has gone wrong so I've not had a moment spare. I'm hoping the next 2 days will be better :-) . I think it normally takes about 2 weeks for the cart to be built. I guess it depends on how many orders they have at the time but thats the indicator they give on the website.

He's definately not getting an electric wheelchair though! lol....you are right I have enough on my plate with him...he's quick as lightening on those musclely (sp?) front legs as it is without him being turbo charged!lol

I keep telling him he's got more money than I have now....he just looks at me and gives me a big Mikey smile!lol

I'll also try and post a new video of him in the next few days. He has a new playcube which he is rather enjoying until his wheels arrive :-) .

Don't worry...there will be plenty of new pics and videos posted when they arrive  :Crazy: :Crazy:

One thing I have done over the last few days is speak to a lady from the gun control network. I saw an article in the Catchat newsletter about this and they are interested in gathering data about all low pressure weapon related incidents so I contacted them to add Mikey to their statistics. If anyone else has been affected by these weapons they are keen to hear from you....especially if the incident was reported in the press. This is an extract from the email they sent me and summarises what they are all about:

"There are so many dead and injured cats and sadly rarely is there a prosecution for these acts of animal cruelty. Prosecutions however aren't the answer, we want to prevent the cruelty happening in the first place and the way to do this is to stop criminals and irresponsible people having airguns by changing the law so that all airguns have to be registered. The so called 'low powered' guns are actually high powered enough to kill and injure adults and children as well as pets and wild animals. They can be bought without any background checks at all and are regularly used to enable crime such as armed domestic violence, armed robbery, etc, and of course animal cruelty. Because airguns don't need any form of license those who have been banned from having firearms by courts, those who have been in prison, and those who have had airguns and other weapons taken off them and destroyed on the orders of a judge, can still go out and by airguns, either from a dealer or from a private seller.

Shotgun owners have to go through a registration process, airgun owners do not, shotgun owners have to ensure that their shotguns are safely stored at all times, their premises are inspected to make sure this is happening. Airgun owners can and do leave guns loaded and accessible to others. This lack of legislation about safe storage is why children are able to access airguns and use them in 'shooting games' with fatal consequences.

We are not calling for a ban on airgun, merely registration in the same way as shotguns have to be registered, but despite support from many Members of Parliament it has still not happened, and the deaths and injuries continue."

It seems appropriate that I should mention this on Mikeys thread and here's a link to their website:

http://www.gun-control-network.org/GCN02.htm

I thought Mikeys was an isolated incident but I was horrified just how many people have been affected in some way by these weapons. They may feature Mikeys story on the website at a future date...

Thanks again though everyone.....from Me and Mikey!!! (or Mikey and I for those of you that like correct grammar!lol)
Nite nite x

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2010, 22:46:20 PM »
DIDN'T WE ALL DO WELL - YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2010, 20:03:12 PM »
Fantastic, cant wait to see Mikey zooming about.

Well done Gill for starting and organising the Fund

So so pleased for Mikey
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2010, 18:38:29 PM »
Wonderful news - cant wait to see him.

Three cheers for Mikey hip hip  :cheer:     hip hip  :cheer:        hip hip :cheer:

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2010, 18:21:19 PM »
thats great news  ;D
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2010, 18:17:51 PM »
Ok , one figure was not given to me , sorry  :-[

Mikeys fund is £10.50 higher than I said  :innocent:

I make that

£697.26 , I think  :scared:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2010, 17:50:13 PM »
I know Heather was still struggling to get the measurements correct at end of last week because this is very important, Mikey was not being cooperative, just thought it was a game with a tape measure that he could play  :rofl: :rofl:

I dont know the exact answer but would think within a month once order is placed.

Offline cookielady

• Adult Cat
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2010, 16:29:24 PM »
Awww so cant wait to see him in his new wheels, how long does it take to make them sporty wheels then?? :car:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2010, 16:04:27 PM »
No lol, its just wheels and a support for his back end and the turbo part is Mikeys front end cos he currently has a harness which he can be walked in with Heather holding the harness bit and he races around the garden so fast she has to run and still cant keep up with him lol.

He was loaned some wheels by our Angie but he kept slipping out of them and thats was why this fund was started so he could have some tailor made wheels sso he could get around by himself under supervion............he is a real racer boy  ;D

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2010, 15:56:40 PM »
I presume this will be an electric wheelchair?

Don't give Mikey ideas - I suspect Heather has her hands full enough  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggerman

• Hero Cat
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2010, 15:48:32 PM »
Glad to hear you have got my cheque.

I presume this will be an electric wheelchair?

Or will it?   :naughty:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2010, 15:21:02 PM »
Just BRILLIANT every body!!    :wooooo: :wooooo: :wooooo: Heather will be over the moon!!!   :hug: :hug:

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
  • Slave to: Paolo and Murphy
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2010, 15:16:29 PM »
WOW!  What an amazing final total.

Well done everyone!!! 

:happy dance:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2010, 15:03:37 PM »

Blimey - how fantastic is that?!  :wow:  I should think he will have go faster turbo stripes as well  :evillaugh:   

Can't wait to see some photies of him in due course  :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2010, 14:53:27 PM »
Tiggerman your cheque arrived   :thanks:

The final total for Mikeys Wheelchair Fund is a massive

£686.76

All I can do is once again say thank you to everyone who has contributed  :hug: :hug:

The money is on its first stage of transfer to day and will be ready for use by Heather in about 7 days time. It is going to be held in safe keeping for her by her RSPCA branch at Stourbridge, who were the initial saviours of Mikey and paid for him to be treated, saving his life.

They will release the money to Heather as there are bills to be paid when she has the paperwork..............I am sure the first payment will be for Mikeys Racing Turbo Wheels complete with Go Faster stripes  :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you oncxe again  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2010, 20:30:05 PM »
I dont know , am waiting to hear if its arrived and yes thats the only one I know that was in the post  ;D

Offline Tiggerman

• Hero Cat
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2010, 19:25:44 PM »
Has Tan got my cheque yet, or is that the one you are waiting for?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2010, 01:17:05 AM »
As soon as I get the total from Tan, will let you all know, there is one cheque I know about in post but should arrive to morrow I think  ;D

Offline heath380

• Adult Cat
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2010, 21:48:42 PM »
LOL Gill...

And Mary and Bunglycat..... :thanks: We're really grateful :Luv:

And don't worry there will be plenty of pics and videos when the time comes.....Mikey is already practicing his cool pose  8) for when they arrive....

I am hoping to speak to the company tomorrow (work permitting!) and hopefully get them ordered!! :wooooo:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2010, 17:48:56 PM »
Also got Tan to donate some of my Purrs April Draw winning to the fund ,so it should be a bit more now.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2010, 15:17:26 PM »
LOL Gill!   :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2010, 19:23:17 PM »
Mikey it's a pleasure to give some money to help you with your new wheels.  Want to see loads of pics though :Luv2: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2010, 18:48:23 PM »
Hello Mikey, I finks yoo iz a great cat and a cat wiv wheels sounds wundrefil, I bet yoo will be reelly quik  ;D

So try an stand still for da measurements pleeze  :shify:

I drive a red current like this  :red Current: an I as a catnav  ;D ;D

When yoo get ur wheels Mikey yoo can ave a Appy like this

:auc4:

Sasa

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2010, 11:35:23 AM »
Been a bit of a lurker on here reading the updates....love that people are being so generous and that Mikey will soon be racing around on his wheels.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2010, 10:09:57 AM »
LOL Heather!!! Good luck with the measuring the little wriggler! Assume Steve's the lucky boy helping you....or Denise?   :hug: :hug:

Offline heath380

• Adult Cat
« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2010, 09:58:50 AM »
Hey guys you just knock me out!! :boxer:

Thank you so much for all the money you have raised for my wheels.....my mum tells me I've got to be a good boy this weekend when she's trying to measure me properly! Apparently I've got to try and stand still.....gulp! I'm not very good at that when I'm in my harness....too much to see and sniff at  :rofl:. I'll do my best though 'cos if I do she's going to order them for me after the weekend so in 2 weeks time I could be racing around the garden on my own...... :wooooo: :wooooo:!!

I am so  :censored: excited!!!!! :Crazy: :Crazy:

LOTS of headbutts to you all  :cat rub: :cat rub: :cat rub:

Mikey xxxxxxxx

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2010, 07:12:36 AM »
Brilliant!!   :hug: to everyone who's contibuted.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2010, 15:00:02 PM »
wonderful............ :thanks:

Offline Tiggerman

• Hero Cat
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2010, 14:50:38 PM »
Cheque has gone in the post today to Tan.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2010, 14:10:05 PM »
Mikeys Fund is now standing at

£661

This now includes the deduction for Paypals fees and the fund remains open through the donation button until midnight Sunday and any cheques arriving will be added.

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2010, 12:40:18 PM »
Sadly I cannot pay by card as it will not accept my details.

Just get a message saying to use another card!!! 

Not sure why but I have had this problem before.

Will put something in the post and hope it gets there before the fund closes.

Regards,

Tiggerman.

If paying by paypal -  check the expiry date on your card  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2010, 12:38:23 PM »
No Cookie it will not be reopening but if you wish to donate later please let me know by pm or through Heather who has my email  :hug: :hug:

The current total is :

£623

And this will rise again  ;D

Its a stunning amount and Heather will be emailing you tonight concerning the payment for the wheels and the balance and stuff  ;D

OMG  that is just WONDERFUL news xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2010, 06:58:01 AM »

Sorry to learn of the collateral damage to your hands Heather, but it says much about the quality of life Mikey enjoys to wholly reinforce the time, effort and love you've put in to this little man's care   ;D  Way to go, Mikey!  :evillaugh:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2010, 22:28:35 PM »

Regards,

Tiggerman.
[/color]

I got that message too and I went back a step and it went ok after that - no idea why it did it.

Mary

Offline heath380

• Adult Cat
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2010, 22:14:20 PM »
Guys....I think its only right that it closes because through your amazingly kind and generous donations you have raised an INCREDIBLE amount of money for Mikey in such a short space of time.....its more than we would (or could) have ever imagined and we are very very grateful. :hug: :hug: :hug:

It will not only get him his wheels but I can now also consider some alternative treatments that may be good for him (and I'm still working on my OH for that run on the pen  ;) ), so with the money raised we can do some incredible things for Mikey!

Mind you....I nearly threatened to take his wheels away from him tonight (before he's even got them lol) because he threw a right strop with me  :grrrrrr:

I was taking him for his daily walk around the garden...thinking that all my cats were safely indoors but numpty here forgot to lock the cat flap (too intent on trying to get out the door without any of them slipping through my feet!)...so low and behold George turns up in the garden...watching from a 'safe' distance. Well Mikey's like a dog with a bone and just makes a beeline for him at a great rate of knots!! George freaks out (as he's a bit of a scaredy cat at the best of times) runs across the garden and up the fence and Mikey takes off after him and yep.....pulls himself straight out of the harness!! He's going beserk to get to George (who is now actually long gone by now) and is going like a rocket round the garden on his bum (kind of reminded me of when you let the air out of a ballon and its skimming along the floor with no sense of direction). Well obviously I went to try and pick him up and he told me in no uncertain terms he WAS NOT   :grrrrrr: :grrrrrr: ready to finish his mad 5 minutes and I would just have to wait!! For such a cute little cat he was quite scarey!lol.

Anyway...in the end and with sleeves pulled down over my hands damage limitation) I picked him back up and put him in the pen. Within 10 mins I had the cute, purry  and fussy little Mikey back. He apologised for his strop  :cat rub: :cat rub: and said pleeeeeease could he still have his new wheels....... :car:

I said he needed to think about his bad behavouir and I would let him know in the morning!!LOL Good job he's got all you nice people wanting to see him in them!! Dread to think what he's going to be like when he gets them....Speedy Gonzales (sp?) springs to mind! LOL

Its been quite a stressful night...LOL...off to bed now...

Glad you liked my bow Sue P  ;)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2010, 19:13:03 PM »
cheques sent in will be added to the fund  ;D

I can't understand why it needs to have a strict closing date - it isn't a competition  :evillaugh:

It has to have a closing date because we do other fund raising on Purrs and the next one is about to start and Tan has to make sure she can identify what comes in for one and what comes in for another.........................if everyone put on what fund it was for it would make life a bit easier LOL but peeps forget or dont see the space etc etc, so we need to have time between one fund raiser and another, Tan also has to sort out the money to get it to its end donation, its not just what you see on here , there is loads of work behind the scenes too.

Also what has to be remembered that Purrs work has to fit round the rest of the staffs lives too and Heather needs to know the end figure that she has available for Mikey.

However its not shut yet and there are another 4 days plus to donate if you want to  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2010, 18:07:16 PM »
I can't understand why it needs to have a strict closing date - it isn't a competition  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggerman

• Hero Cat
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2010, 18:05:25 PM »

Regards,

Tiggerman.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2010, 16:33:03 PM »
 ;D that's brilliant!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2010, 15:43:34 PM »
wonderful - don't have my cheque book today but will pay in tomorrow

Link to CatChat