Author Topic: MIKEYS RESCUE & WHEELCHAIR FUND  (Read 75778 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: MIKEYS RESCUE & WHEELCHAIR FUND
« Reply #339 on: September 25, 2010, 02:09:16 AM »
Bon Voyage Mikey

:Luv2:  :ahh: :catluv: :best: :best 2:

Mary and Bonnie xx
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #338 on: September 24, 2010, 20:59:53 PM »
Wishing a safe (and hopefully not too noisy) journey for Heather and Mikey tomorrow.

Will be thinking of you both.  :hug:

Hope to hear updates of how Mikey settles in his new home  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 21:01:11 PM by Edd »

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #337 on: September 24, 2010, 19:29:28 PM »
Wonderful pics and vid hun. he is just soo adorable of part of all our hearts  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

His new mum and dad are very lucky  ;D ;D ;D

You and Heather have done wonders with him  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #336 on: September 23, 2010, 08:12:50 AM »
Thanks both!

Here's the video i took of him-not very exciting i'm afraid and you don't get to see much of his beautiful face! Just wish i'd caught him when he was chasing after Ollie....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YobWgDnj4R0

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #335 on: September 23, 2010, 07:19:16 AM »

Shirley - lovely piccies of our splendid little man.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #334 on: September 22, 2010, 22:21:40 PM »
Aww lovely pictures Shirley :Luv2: :Luv2: So glad Mickey has found a for ever home but I can imagine the wrench its going to be for you both :hug: I would be crying too. I hope the new owners realise he has quite a fan club and can keep us up to date on his progress.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #333 on: September 22, 2010, 21:21:53 PM »
Thanks Gill and Mary  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #332 on: September 22, 2010, 21:14:50 PM »
Wonderful pics Shirley and he will never be forgotten by any of us  ;D
[/color]

I second that  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #331 on: September 22, 2010, 20:39:09 PM »
Wonderful pics Shirley and he will never be forgotten by any of us  ;D

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #330 on: September 22, 2010, 16:45:39 PM »
Last ones! have got more but i'll be here all night!   :rofl:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #329 on: September 22, 2010, 16:23:47 PM »
Two more for now!
 On the bottom one, he was so keen, he didn't notice the play cube and just barged through it!  :rofl:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 16:25:10 PM by Shirley »

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #328 on: September 22, 2010, 16:17:41 PM »
Well, i went to see him today and took my last pictures  :( There are quite a lot and it takes SO long to resize, i've done a few at a time!
Heather's 'lodger' cat, Ollie,  was in the garden and Mikey SO wanted to play with him-awwww!   :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #327 on: September 22, 2010, 08:19:47 AM »
Awwww thanks FF and Sue  :hug: I try to help out when i can, tho am only the Lost Cats contact for CP, but have transported cats to vets, recently got a neighbours young mum cat spayed (not personally!  :rofl:  ) , taken her 4 kittens to a different rescue centre (since rehomed!) and, last Sunday, picked up 2 cats from a lady on CC to take to  2 fosterers for  the same rescue. They had to be separated cos of lack of space and it broke my heart  :'(  I was sobbing at both fosterer's they must've thought i was mad  :Crazy: )

When Heather's Joey was rehomed, it was such a shock cos i didn't know it was on the cards and i cried on another CP ladies shoulder at a rehoming event on the same day  :-[ Of course, once i knew he'd settled in from the first moment and wasn't pining for her, i was fine! ;D

Heather has told me i can go to see Mikey on Friday, even tho she'll be there working, but on one condition-no crying-she knows me so well  :rofl:
Can't guarantee that, i'm afraid-just have to drip all over him!  ;)

I have the utmost respect and admiration for all fosterers, especially Heather, and the small rescues-i would be in tears 24 hours a day and know for sure now, having had so much contact with other cats these last few months, i could never do it.  If i can help out, i will, but every upsetting story plays on my mind for ages. Thank God there are people stronger than me!  :Luv2: :Luv2:

See ya this afternoon, Mikey lad   :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #326 on: September 22, 2010, 06:50:58 AM »
What Fire Fox said.  Definitely.  :hug:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #325 on: September 21, 2010, 23:08:01 PM »
Heather I hope you already know this but some of us love you even more than we love Mikey! :Luv: And Shirley I order you to STOP thinking of yourself as 'just' a cat sitter, everyone who volunteers or fosters or gives of themselves in any way is just amazing. Never forget you help change lives, human AND feline :hug:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #324 on: September 21, 2010, 21:03:19 PM »
I got tears running down my eyes reading the last two posts

Heather you are such a wonderful person for giving Mikey the chance of life and seeing how he has adapted is truelly amazing. He is certainy going to a lovely area

I just think he is the most amazing cat ever who deserves his new forever home. hope he settles in well. I cannot imagine how you will be heather but its must have been one of the most rewarding things you could do in your life giving Mikey the chance, He just seems so loving

I dont think anyone could have done more for Mikey than what you have done for him

Hope we get updates on the little fellow as he has touched many a heart and for all we have not met him i love him dearly

Hope you have a safe trip heather and take plenty of tissues.

Big cuddles to Mikey and you Heather for your wonderful work

Zoe Ollie and Tyler xx
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #323 on: September 21, 2010, 09:47:31 AM »
I'm going to see Mikey tomorrow for what may be my last time....... :'(  unless Heather says i can go on Friday as well!  :evillaugh: ) I went yesterday and all he was interested in was lying in the sun on one of the boxes of grass (even tho he's got EIGHT comfy beds  :rofl:) or looking out for Heather's lodger cat, Ollie! I'll definately be taking the camera with me for some last pics........ :(

I'll miss you, my little man, but hope you'll be happy in your new home and that your new mum and dad will love you as much as Heather  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #322 on: September 20, 2010, 23:09:04 PM »
Thanks for all the love and care you have given Mikey Heather  :hug: :hug:

His new home sounds great and do hope his new parents will keep you uptodate with Mickeys adventures and you keep us uptodate too.

I am sure that it will be a big wrench for you leaving Mikey behind and I am with Mary here .......not sure which smiley to use so wont!

I think thats a great idea to spend all the money on Mikey and also for all his things to be going with him and hope you both have a good trip and he doesnt sing all the way  ;D

LOts of strokes and cuddles to Mikey from me and I will miss him........ :'(

JUst wish I could post on CC but it wont let me and waiting for someone to send me an email addy so I can contact them.

Bon voyage Mikey have loads of fun in your forever home  :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #321 on: September 20, 2010, 06:55:43 AM »

Well, it sounds as if this had the potential to work out to almost perfection for all concerned, regarding his new home - and a lovely part of the world to be re-homed to.  (Wouldn't mind a little cottage up near Nethy Bridge area of the Cairngorms meself  ;) :Luv:  )  I echo your sentiments that the first few months should be full of fun, followed by years more of the same.  :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #320 on: September 19, 2010, 22:05:48 PM »
Just wanted to say I'm so pleased that such a wonderful home has been found for Mikey and to give you a hug Heather  :hug:  as, although I know its what you always wanted for him, I know its going to be one hec of wrench for you.  :hug: :hug: Look forward to seeing updates from his new slaves  ;)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #319 on: September 19, 2010, 02:42:19 AM »
Heather I don't think there is a word suitable to describe the love and attention and care you've given to Mikey  :Luv2: :hug:

Once again I am in tears watching the videos - a mixture of thinking what could've happened to him if he'd not been saved, tears of joy knowing he doesn't let it stop him doing anything, and tears when he is having his cuddles from you - his face is just so happy and content.

It will be a long journey for you but it will be even longer coming back without him - take plenty of tissues with you for your tears.  :hug:

Natalie and Martyn sound like they are gonna be looking after him really well and I'm sure he will be ok.

Mary  :hug:

Offline heath380

• Adult Cat
« Reply #318 on: September 18, 2010, 21:46:41 PM »
Well, as many of you have realised this is my last weekend with Mikey! :scared: I still can't quite get my head round the fact that next weekend I am taking him to his new home.....to say its gonna be strange without him is an understatement! Boy,what a journey we've all had together over the last 6 months eh?!  :Crazy:

Well, I thought it only right that I share some of his last weekend moments with you all so I've taken a few videos tonight  :)

The first one is of him playing on his own in the conservatory...I was amazed I managed to capture it on video as you will see that play stops when he sees me at the door!lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UQ8O1ojB0w

The second one is of him and I having a cuddle :-). I'm a bit wobbly with the camera as he was snuggling so close it was hard to film him. After this we curled up together and slept for an hour  :hug: :hug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmXlWK8P7o

And last but not least....a little more playtime before bed....excuse my 'famous' awful shoes again! lol. I swear I have more pairs of decent shoes than I can wear lol but these are my 'running between the house and pens'shoes so are the only scruffy things anyone sees  :rofl: :rofl:..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfjtdh0H878

Anyway, hopefully you will enjoy the videos. I have to say, when I first bought him home 6 months ago I really wouldn't have ever believed he would be snuggling up with me on the sofa having cuddles and being indoors like a normal cat! Its so heartwarming to think he is going to a wonderful new home to live a much more normal life than I could ever have hoped for for him at the beginning. I think the videos still show his amazing zest for life and just how alert and healthy he actually is.....despite his major disability. Ok...he never did walk but in every way he is still, and always will be my 'Miracle Mikey'! (written whilst shedding a tear  :'(da best Mikey!! xxxx

Gill - when he first goes to his new home he will have his own area in the studio that Natalie works in. Its seperate from the main house but is where she spends lots of time during the day so he will have loads more company than he has with me which is great. They will then do slow introductions into the house with their existing two cats and looking after him in the studio will give them time to understand the easiest way to manage him in the house for him to be able to spend more time in it.....but there will still be opportunity to come in for a cuddle in his nappy like he does with me  :). Everything I have here is going with him....all his scratching posts, blankets, vet bed, main bed, toys, his hut shelter...quite literally everything so that we can create a real 'home from home' for him. I am also taking my temporary fencing so that they can fence off a bit of the garden and take him for walks on the harness. He won't immediately have an outdoor pen but tbh he's more interested in company than anything. I beleive the studio has a balcony though that overlooks all the trees so I think they are going to catproof that so that they can open the doors and let him watch the birds and the squirrels  :wow: which will be lovely for him.

Just to let everyone know -  I have spent the remainder of the 'Mikey fund' stocking up at the wholesalers with all the Mikey supplies so I am going up to Scotland with quite literally a car full of stuff which should mean that Natalie and Martyn don't need to worry about anything over the first couple of months than just enjoying having him  :Luv:

Oh, I will also be sending his wheels in the hope that they will eventually be able to get him in them  as we all hoped :car:

They live on the edge of the Cairngorms national park......so next saturday we will be making the 8hr journey together  :Crazy: :Crazy:
I hope to god he doesn't scream all the way there!! I'm sure we will both be ready to be out of the car by the time we get there! I will then get him settled, and have a hotel booked for the sat night before heading back down on sunday! Think I may be quite worn out by the time I get home .......

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #317 on: September 17, 2010, 07:06:01 AM »
Hi Mary, i'm NOT a fosterer, i just  sit with Mikey (and Joey when he was there!) when Heather is going to have a particularly long day at work! The way i reacted when Joey went to his new home has convinced me i could never be one either!  :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #316 on: September 16, 2010, 22:26:53 PM »
Fantastic pics and great news for Joey.  Don't worry about telling us you cried I'm sure I speak for a lot of us on here and CC when I say we all cry too. 

2 neighbours of mine  have had cats that have died over the years and I was in tears when they told me as I used to look after them when they were on holiday.

My friend's cat was having a serious op the other weekand I was in tears just thinking what might go wrong - went purrfectly well).

People on here post that their cats are ill or just not themselves for a day or two and I worry like mad.

So glad there are fosterers like you 2 and the ones we have on Purrs - you all do a fantastic job - I failed after 4 days :rofl: :Luv2:

Mary

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #315 on: September 16, 2010, 07:34:27 AM »
I would think so cos that was one of the things Heather was worried about wasn't it-him being in a pen in the winter.? I've just texted her and she said she will reply on here later with the details cos she's off to work soon!  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #314 on: September 16, 2010, 07:11:05 AM »

I love his little laid back smile.   :Luv:  It would be wonderful if he did have access to the iindoors and out at his new home.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #313 on: September 16, 2010, 01:00:53 AM »
Such a lovely boy  ;D

Do you know if he will be living in a house at his new home and then able to go in the garden?

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #312 on: September 15, 2010, 22:35:57 PM »
And more!

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #311 on: September 15, 2010, 22:34:14 PM »
Went to sit with Mikey today and took some pics and a video. Not very exciting but at least you can see his lovely face!  :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6pVPzrBH30

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #310 on: September 15, 2010, 19:31:28 PM »
I have seen the pictures and stuff on CC but cant post cos its decided it doesnt like me......sigh

Joey sounds like he has a great new home and so hope that Mikeys will be as well  ;D

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #309 on: September 15, 2010, 12:21:10 PM »
just caught up with this. wonderful news.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #308 on: September 15, 2010, 09:04:13 AM »
Just catching up, and what do I see!!!!!  So pleased that Mikey has found a wonderful forever home, that's the best news I've heard in ages  :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #307 on: September 15, 2010, 08:09:33 AM »
I know what you mean, Sue!   It'll be bad enough for me and i only see him once or twice a week! It's the right thing for him tho and his new home sounds wonderful (Heather wouldn't have anything less  :rofl: )
Hopefully we'll be hearing how HE'S fallen asleep in his new meowmy's arms!  :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #306 on: September 15, 2010, 07:55:22 AM »
 ;D Great news for Mikey, I hope that he'll be really happy in his new home  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #305 on: September 15, 2010, 07:50:18 AM »
"He slept in the crook of her arm in bed the first night!"  (Can't find quotation thingie - too early and too tired!) 

Whoever said cats were cool and aloof creatures?   :-:   :evillaugh: 

Am sure Mikey can't wait to try "fuzzy and snuggley" with his new Forever Mummy (and I say that with more than a tinge of regret for what you and Heather will feel when he does go to that new home  :hug:)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #304 on: September 15, 2010, 07:46:11 AM »
I went to babysit Mikey yesterday and he fell asleep on my handbag! Heather texted me and, rather than disturb him to get my glasses to reply, i muddled through-God knows what it read like   :rofl: I'm going again today-have to make the most of the short time left........i'm taking my camera, so, hopefully get some decent pics!   :rofl:

Joey was rehomed on Sunday-i didn't know it was happening until Sunday morning-and burst into tears! He was another of my babysitting furries until Heather started keeping him in the house. Later that day, i went to a CP rehoming event and cried on Senga's (one of our CC friends) shoulder!  I felt so stupid, he wasn't even mine, but he's such a sweet little boy.   :Luv2: :Luv2: I was worried he would pine for Heather.    :(  She cried all the way home  :'(    Needn't have worried tho! He's gone to a CC lady and she posted about him-he made himself at home from the minute he got there!!!   :wow: He slept in the crook of her arm in bed the first night!  ;D

I hope Mikey will be the same-he deserves nothing but the best   :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #303 on: September 05, 2010, 22:07:56 PM »
 :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #302 on: September 03, 2010, 13:37:10 PM »
Done

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: MIKEYS RESCUE & STORY
« Reply #301 on: September 02, 2010, 00:56:33 AM »
HMMMMMM - If it has to be changed I think wheelchair fund shouls still be there cos that's what we all gave our money to and the whole point of the thread was about his wheels and the story developed from there and will continue thanks to Heather and Gill for starting the fundraiser.  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: MIKEYS RESCUE & STORY
« Reply #300 on: September 02, 2010, 00:28:40 AM »
So who has changed the title of my thread?????????????

Link to CatChat