Author Topic: Meet Coco and Chanel  (Read 104483 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Meet Coco and Chanel
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2018, 07:54:51 AM »
I've heard some cats like hoovers, but I've never met one yet.  Poor Coco. 

They're both making steady progress though, Desley.  In my view, it's seldom "too late."   :)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2018, 18:16:22 PM »
Bit of a mixed afternoon with them, went in to clean the room and Chanel seemed quite receptive to being stroked, especially as it was followed with dreamies!! Then decided to hoover the floor to help my sore foot, had to stop when Coco poo'd herself in fright   :'( Chanel ended up on top of the bookcase and again, allowed herself to be stroked - whether I was stroking her head, cheek or back, she refused to purr but she could have moved and didn't, so again got a dreamie. She has started rubbing my legs when I am feeding them too
Please spay your cat

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2018, 18:31:16 PM »
SOUNDS LIKE COCO IS JEALOUS

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2018, 12:38:47 PM »
Chanel has been really naughty the last couple of nights – she eats on the floor, and Coco eats pretty much wherever she happens to be, normally on the top of the den, but the past few days as I’ve been leaving the room I’ve heard Chanel jump up, the other night I not only gave Coco a few more biscuits and made sure Chanel didn’t go near them, but wouldn’t let Chanel go near her bowl – didn’t work though, last night I hadn’t even shut the door when I heard her!! I don’t know what to do, as Coco can be reluctant to eat with me in the room. Coco drew blood on me again today, not sure she is going to improve anymore. Chanel wants too, but Coco tells her off when she gets too close, and last week I was stroking Chanel’s tail, Coco was sat behind her and swiped me!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2018, 18:50:50 PM »
YES

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2018, 12:48:51 PM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  She looks so relaxed, yet "paying attention."   Moray used to love it when I read to him, and I can still get his attention quite quickly by pitching my voice low, and saying to him:  "Are you sitting comfortably?  Then I'll begin...."

(Anyone remember Listen with Mother?  :evillaugh:)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2018, 18:39:34 PM »
Thought I'd share a pic of Chanel, she was acting like she wanted a fuss on Thu but everytime she got close, Coco was growling really loud! This was Thu evening, she likes to sit like this when I read to them. Coco has been really jumpy today, I wonder if it's the wind.
Please spay your cat

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2018, 08:13:20 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D So cute. :Luv:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2018, 19:18:56 PM »
Chanel trying to catch snow
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2018, 14:07:42 PM »
  Chanel is twigging that everytime I touch a bit of fur, she gets a treat, although she much prefers the ‘I’ll tap you and get a treat’ approach!!

:evillaugh: :evillaugh:  Clever girl.   :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2018, 13:32:51 PM »
Coco is getting a lot braver, she is out in the open more, she was in the dog bed over the weekend and didn’t even hiss at me, she has sniffed my feet a couple of times and at breakfast and supper time she is getting good at coming and hitting me for food – unfortunately she is a bit aggressive, got lots of little scratches!! She has started making new noises, which are interesting with the Siamese in her, but I can’t interpret if they are good or not!! Chanel is twigging that everytime I touch a bit of fur, she gets a treat, although she much prefers the ‘I’ll tap you and get a treat’ approach!! Last night I got the most touching of fur, as she was that engrossed in trying to catch snow she didn't notice me!!
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2018, 13:42:54 PM »
Tried again with the treat ball, with no luck, although heard it moving at 3am!! Chanel poo'd on the floor in front of me last night, I thought it was Coco. Oddly though, it was a clean litter tray yesterday morning, Chanel wee'd in it when I spent some time with them when I got home, but then wouldn't poo in it!! I do need some more litter, I might try a different brand.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2018, 14:51:30 PM »
We find that with Barley and Malt - Barley has a tendency to dominate any games, and then malt ends up sitting watching.  What we try to do now is to give Malt some play opportunities when Barley is out, but that's a harder option for you at present given neither Coco or Chanel are outdoor cats.  The puzzle treat ball sounds like a great way to go.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2018, 13:48:43 PM »
Tried something new last night, which failed – Chanel is so greedy if you throw her a treat then give one to Coco, she’ll gulp hers down and try and pinch Cocos’ which is causing tension, I had a spare treat ball in the cupboard, but she couldn’t figure it out last night!! I left some in it when I went to bed though, so she might have a better idea tonight. Coco has started playing though, mainly with her tail, because Chanel tends to dominate the toys.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2018, 16:20:28 PM »
Am trying to get to the next stage with Chanel, she has shown how clever she can be- yesterday was trying to get her to eat dreamies off my knee, as soon as I sat down today, she came and sniffed my knee! So of course I got the dreamies out
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2017, 13:36:09 PM »
Yeah - I was surprised Charlie and Will struggle so much - longhaired ginger and longhaired grey?? Funny how some of the ones you think will be easy turn out to be with you a while. First time I took Lucy to the vets, everyone was surprised she had waited 18 months for a home - suspect now they know her better they aren't quite as surprised!!  :shify:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 13:37:01 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2017, 13:31:23 PM »
I do understand Des, "I want those pretty kitties." No thought of the cats needs, just window dressing for the home. Usually it's the ones that aren't so good looking for whatever reason that are hard to find good homes for. That is why Sheila contacted me about Pirate, although I think he is a very handsome boy regardless of wonky/missing bits.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2017, 13:17:11 PM »
Coco was out again last night, Chanel does put her off the biscuit game a lot unfortunately. Convinced her to jump on the den, the first time she hit my hand and got biscuits, the second time she actually licked my fingers!! Couldn’t get her to eat them from my hand though, she much prefers to hit my hand to get them. Chanel was also licking my fingers, but got a bit enthusiastic and nibbled them too!!

Paula, my main concern is how many people are just going to see their pic and enquire without reading what kind of home they need, so we are going to have to do a lot of sifting before we get to home visit stage!! It is ironic that it is the opposite to our normal concerns.
Please spay your cat

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2017, 14:43:27 PM »
That's why you do home checks Desley, I am sure that you will find a genuine cat lover that can see past the way they look. :hug: :hug: :hug: Usually it's for the opposite reason!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2017, 13:53:34 PM »
Yeah, they are. Not looking forward to homing them though, think people are just going to see their looks and not realise what they actually need
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2017, 13:51:45 PM »
they do sound like they are coming on slowly

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2017, 13:47:02 PM »
Another good night with them, Coco was out last night, she looked curious when I was tapping my fingers, so I got a bit closer and she came to me and hit my hand, the only downside is that she is a lot hissier when we play the biscuit game on the floor, it’s a bit disconcerting. Both of them did it this morning, Chanel does put Coco off though unfortunately, this morning she was being a right floozy!! Chanel is getting more relaxed, and happier to roll around showing her belly, even though last night I did try and push attention on her – everytime I got the slightest touch of her fur, I gave her a treat, so she has started giving me a sniff, then looking to the treats!!
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2017, 12:12:02 PM »
Had an interesting evening with them last night, Coco was quite spooky and ended up behind the chair when I went to sit with them, I tried the biscuit game, but she was hitting my hand so hard she was sending them flying, and I’m not sure about her sense of smell, she seems to struggle to find one near her paw. Chanel is quite happy to sit on the scratch post at the side of the chair (mainly to see if she can get a treat!!), but runs if you move your hand or look at her too much. At bedtime, she was out in the open again, so I sat down in front of the door, Chanel came over to investigate, and Coco growled!! I started tapping my hand on the floor and Coco got halfway towards me, before Chanel came to sniff my hand and put her off. Then Chanel hit my hand, and looked at the cupboard where the treats live - twice!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2017, 16:54:55 PM »
Definitely getting there Desley, how funny that you had a little 'conversation' with Chanel. :Luv2:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2017, 13:16:49 PM »
Had an odd weekend with Coco and Chanel, Coco has started sitting in other parts of the room, Sat night she was in front the chair I sit on, so I sat in front of the door, she looked like she was contemplating me, then jumped on the den. I tried to stroke Chanel while giving her her treats, she flew across the room, and Coco flew down hissing and growling, I was scared. Not seen her that protective, especially as at tea time, she’d had a go at Chanel!! Last night I got Chanel to take one of her treats off my knee, then ate a bag of crisps, so she kept trying to get close to me. Then she sat on a cushion sort of opposite me, and chirruped at me. I said something to her, she looked like she was considering it, then chirruped back, did that for about 10 mins!!
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2017, 13:39:17 PM »
Well, I've tried 3 ways, palm up, palm down and wiggling fingers - wiggling fingers gets the best response, but not sure if that is just cos she wants to play with them. I was allowed to sit on the windowsill yesterday while she was on the top den, although when I offered her biscuits, she properly swiped my hand.
Please spay your cat

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2017, 15:01:19 PM »

Have you tried wiggling fingers as your hand approaches her Desley?  Or is that what you mean by moving your hand?

Billy (RIP gorgeous lad) was also a clever and wary cat even after so many years with us. As long as I didn't look him in da eye and waggled my fingers as my hand approached, he would offer me an upright tail for a back scratch. I imagine you know all the tricks though.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2017, 13:11:43 PM »
Another breakthrough with Coco last night – I kept putting my hand near her, and then moving it, I can get quite close now, so wanted to praise but she doesn’t seem to like treats, so I thought of offering her some of her biscuits to praise her. She was contemplating them, so I told her she could hit them off my hand if it was easier, and she did!! Admittedly she lost 2 of the 3, so I had to do a second lot, which she also hit off my hand – slight claws involved second time though. She is so clever, although that isn’t always a good thing with nervous cats!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2017, 23:42:09 PM »
Gill, yours would definitely NOT be impressed. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Especially Lupin.  ;) He is quite enough on his own, certainly keeps me on my toes. (if you'll pardon the expression.)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2017, 17:20:54 PM »
They are the most gorgeous pair but don't think mine would be impressed with two kid lol

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2017, 20:14:04 PM »
Sorry, missed that Sue. Coco was quite agitated tonight , so I had words with her, she looked as though she was taking it all on board and then settled down!
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2017, 16:06:14 PM »
I think they may be Tonkinese too, as per my previous post

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2017, 13:21:44 PM »
Well, they met their second visitors yesterday, initially lots of hissing, but we went in at tea time, so tummies overruled fear – I got a quick stroke from Chanel, but poor thing looked so uncomfortable. She did happily play with my friend with the stick toy though. Coco ended up sitting at the side of the chair my friend sat on, she only had a nibble of her tea, as my friend does a lot of hand gestures when talking, Coco kept watching her, but was sat with her legs tucked under her and ears in normal position. This morning was different, Lucy had been hissing at them through the door again, Coco actually popped at me when I went to move her supper bowl, but I got a sneaky stroke of her tail while sorting the litter tray – can’t say she was impressed, but didn’t run away. My friend thinks Coco might be Tonkinese.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2017, 19:17:17 PM »
Chanel is quite stubborn - will happily sniff my fingers or eat off my hand, but refuses to let me stroke her. Doesn't even let me stroke her with Da Bird. We are going to try and home them together, doubt it will be this side of Christmas
Please spay your cat

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2017, 18:42:33 PM »

Lovely pics of beautiful gals Desley ❤❤

Great that Coco mum is responding now altho early days yet.

How's Daughter Chanel doing bearing in mind her moms up and down responses?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2017, 15:59:33 PM »
Had a great week with Coco, also realised she isn't going behind the chair to hide, she loves curling up to the radiator!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 16:11:35 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2017, 00:32:05 AM »
WHICH SHE IS THIS  :-[

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2017, 09:16:22 AM »
Had a great evening on Wed, a bit hit and miss since then, but that is to be expected, then a good morning today. On Wed, I decided I had to sweep the floor - first time I did this when she couldn't see me, she got really stressed, on wed, she sat on the bottom level of the den watching me - lot of growling going on, but even when I got to the bits near where she was sitting, she was close enough to hit me, but just stayed growling. Tried to give her some temptations for being so good, she did swipe at me, but it's the first time she hasn't drawn blood, and it didn't hurt, as she hadn't used her usual force. Last night however, went to give her a plate of chicken, she hit it so hard it went flying!! This morning, she was growling and moving away from me when I tried to give her her breakfast, but then ate in front of me, and let me top the plate up!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2017, 22:46:42 PM »
Softee softee catchee monkee, just carry on what you have been doing and let the cats progress at their own pace. You are doing fine Desley. :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2017, 03:19:45 AM »
I THINK YOU SHOULD AND SHE WILL COME TO YOU WHEN SHE WANTS, THINGS LIKE TOYS SHE WILL LIKE OR NOT AND ALSO POSSIBLY COPY COCO

Link to CatChat