Author Topic: New kitten & resident cat - advice please  (Read 25280 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: New kitten & resident cat - advice please
« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2014, 06:46:28 AM »

Of he initiates the first hissing, you could pick him up and pop him in his play pen and ignore him if he cries.  If he associates the hissing with being confined to barracks as it were, then he may learn it's not a good thing.

I still dont think that's such bad progress - the photo shows Bebe seems more interested in him than anything else, and Bruno just needs to mind his manners. 

How have they been overnight?  Were you back on the sofa?

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2014, 21:55:46 PM »
Well there have been moments of progress, glimmers but mostly still a load of hissing and growling. It's odd though as Bebe is the one who seems more keen to be "nice" to the new arrival. Bruno is the one who is now hissing before Bruno and then Bebe is backing down and retreating. Seems strange as he's so young and small, any ideas??

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2014, 17:47:41 PM »
Definately  :evillaugh:

Misa will push the others out of the way to take the food he wants, sometimes Sasa will sneak back in but he gets away with it cos he is biggest I think.

Napoleon used to do the same with his brother and in the end I had to pick him up and let Ducha get to the food and then put Napoleon down behind where he would sit and wait. He then used to let Ducha ewat first while he sat behind........so polite these two birmans.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2014, 13:34:47 PM »
It was going all so well....see photo. No hissing and growling but then we'll we gave both a treat as they were sitting quite close to each other and then Bruno put a paw out to take bebes and then Bruno was the one who start hissing and almost causing a full on fight. We managed to stop it but...did we go too fast ? Bruno loves food, can they be protective over food like dogs can be??

Offline MrsPurrfect

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: George, Milly and Ollie
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2014, 12:13:22 PM »
It is definitely a good sign that Bebe is showing an interest.  As Sue P has said, cats are all different and complex.  I really didn't have a set timescale or plan to introduce the new member of the Purrfect bunch.  I got as much advice and information as I could and had a plan as to how to keep Ollie separate from the others for a while but that was about it. No pressure on us because things weren't progressing according to plan and no pressure on the furbabies either. 

Ollie is a very outgoing cat and had soon got used to his surroundings.  We just let the other two in the same room as Ollie, ready to step in if things got nasty.  We pretty much watched to see how things panned out.  I was very lucky as Milly just looked, sniffed and walked away.  Ollie looked startled did the wide eyed ears back thing but didn't move.  George hissed and growled but it was all show, as soon as Ollie gave a hiss back my big brave George backed off and ran upstairs. There was no real fighting or anything and no sign from either of the older two that this would happen. For the first two days we would separate them if we were going out for any length of time at all and in an evening. 

Try not to read too much into things and get anxious.  Just enjoy your new baby and let things take their course.  You're doing a great job  :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2014, 11:47:47 AM »
Definitely a good sign - she feels brave enough to check him out at close (hind) quarters.

Susanne, its lovely to see those piccies of Jaffa and Mosi "the early days"  :Luv:  And also good to know that the direct approached worked just as effectively with the boys.

When we had Paddy and Flynn (Flynn being the new addition) we left them to get on with it, and to a degree it worked, except for the fact Paddy began to spend more and more time outdoors than he did indoors because he wasn't at all happy.  He tolerated Flynn,  but Flynn adored Paddy, and Paddy didnt seem able to cope with that adoration in their relationship.   :doh:  Flynn would even catch two mice - one for him and one for Paddy, and that threw Paddy into complete confusion and panic.  I mean he could catch his own, it was just he didnt want to.   :shify:  It put him under pressure, and he wasnt a competitive cat bless him.  When we lost Flynn, Paddy was much happier being an only cat, and yet in his later years, he adapted well when we looked after young kittens for family and for neighbours, even when that meant they were staying with us.  By that time he was just more curious, and a little more avuncular in his approach.

Cats are funny, complex, fascinating creatures for sure.

Looking at Mosi and Jaffa again, their colouring was almost identical at that stage.     :)

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2014, 10:39:25 AM »
Well this morning Bebe has hissed but when Bruno was on our bed having a quiet moment with his back to Bebe, she lifted herself on to the bed and sniffed brunos back very closely and then walked away. Good sign??

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2014, 10:07:52 AM »
I agree that weeing in the den was just him being caught short.  He is very young and although me might have learned how to use the tray it's not unexpected that there will be the odd accident, especially if he wasn't sure how to get out.

I suspect he will be missing the company of his siblings at night.  They probably all curled up together.  Can you give him something warm to cuddle up to?  Or even just a cuddly toy? 

I totally agree with the taking things slowly approach, and trying to rush things can be counter productive BUT I'm afraid I just put Jaffa and Mosi together and let them sort it out!  I knew Jaffa was a gentle cat who might hiss etc if things got a bit much but would not hurt Mosi in any physical way and I knew that Mosi was a bit of a bolshy character that would not be too upset by anything Jaffa might do.  So... I got home with Mosi about 2pm and for the next 6 hours I kept him in the living room/kitchen getting him used to where the tray was etc and playing with him.  Jaffa was shut in the bedroom with litter tray etc. and I kept going in there to fuss him.  About 8pm I felt a little reckless so picked up Mosi and carried him into the bedroom to see how Jaffa would react.  He hissed but I just put Mosi down on the bed to see what happened.  He approached Jaffa and hissed (the only time I have ever heard him hiss) and Jaffa hissed back any time Mosi got too close.  But I left them to it and apart from a bit of hissing on Jaffa's part they were ok.  That night, Jaffa slept one side of the bed and I cuddled Mosi in the other - Mosi slept under my chin and I lay with my body between the two of them.  I rubbed baby powder into Mosi's fur to reduce his scent.  Both slept the night happily like that.  The breeder had advised sleeping with Mosi as he would miss his siblings etc (he had 3 siblings plus there were 3 other adult cats in the house in addition to mum so he was used to other furry beings around to cuddle up to!).

This was lunchtime the following day.  They went back to Jaffa hissing as soon as they had finished but hostilities were suspended whilst they licked a plate of tomato sauce (from baked beans)

And this was a few days later

Not quite as cosy at they look as it was basically Mosi choosing to lie next to Jaffa and Jaffa tolerating it as long as Mosi didn't get too fresh with him!

As I have limited space I was hoping to not have to keep them separate for long as it would have proved challenging.

I have to admit my approach to introducing cats (especially when one or more is a kitten) is to just let them get on with it as long as neither is getting physically hurt or appearing to be distressed.  Doesn't work for all introductions and I'm not exactly experienced at introducing cats, but I would do the same again and only do the gradual thing if it wasn't working.   Bebe will have her nose put out of joint and she will feel the need to make sure Bruno knows his place.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:11:53 AM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2014, 08:55:17 AM »
Wow think I've got a lot to learn about my new small friend. Thanks sue. Hes currently fast asleep under the duvet next to me. Hes had some food earlier so obviously nap time. I'll try and get some more pics later. Wonder how Bebe will feel about her new brother today!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2014, 08:46:34 AM »
Moray still does that to us too, although in all honesty he doesnt bite hard - I'd describe it more as taking hold, and he sometimes falls asleep like that.  It's part of what they do with littermates, but with humans it can hurt.

The best way to deal with it is just as you have -  when he bites, remove your hand or gently but firmly push his face away from you, saying  "No".    You dont have to shout, but make sure you're firm about it.

If the biting persists, it may be a good idea to keep a soft toy handy, and when he starts licking, present the toy for the licky attention instead. 

Ross used to fall asleep suckling on my earlobe.  I'd never had a cat did that before him, and he largely grew out of it as he got older, but we did have another cat who loved nothing better than to suckle on a woolly jumper if you were wearing one.  She'd reduce it to felt  :evillaugh:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2014, 08:22:49 AM »
Yes he did. He woke me up a few times but soon settled again though the last time he curled right into me and started licking my hand only to then bite me very hard. I took my hand away and didn't stroke him any further. Hes doing the same this morning too...wanting to lick my hand to then bite me. It's not nibbling or play biting he's proper munching down on my hand, why??

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2014, 06:56:52 AM »
Did he settle when you slept on the sofa?  ("Slept" was a bit of a euphemism there, sorry  :evillaugh:)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2014, 06:49:19 AM »
Yup.   :) :hug:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2014, 00:16:20 AM »
Well the den didn't work. He has cried so much. Took him into the bedroom and Bebe was not happy so me and Bruno are now on the sofa with the duvet while otherhalf and Bebe have the lovely comfy bed. What we do for our pets hey!!!

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2014, 23:05:08 PM »
Well this is Bruno's den for the night, think it's ok??

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2014, 22:28:10 PM »
::) thank you. I'm sure all will be okay. It's only his first night and the first night of Bebe knowing her little brother.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2014, 22:14:23 PM »
Night night Bruno, Bebe, NikNakNoo, and NikNakNooManDo.  Sleep well, and enjoy the moment.  All will be well, and all will be well, and all will be well.....

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2014, 22:12:11 PM »

Have had enough Eurovision now, so off to bed shortly, but hoping that you will have a relatively undisturbed night.  You're embarking on an adventure right now.  Some days will be more rewarding than others, but the "kids" are relying on you to help make things as comforting and as "normal" as can be - if that means some sleepless nights, so be it. 

Personally, am a bit of an insomniac, but one of the greatest pleasures in life for me, is lying in bed at night, cuddling one or other of our cats, and knowing they're close and safe and happy.    When that happens, I can shrug off whatever's bugging me and just enjoy the moment. 

Sending shedloads of positive vibes for you, your OH, Bebe and Bruno.

(I used to tell Moray fair stories to lull him off to sleep - his "favourite" was The Pied Piper of Hamlyn.   ;) :hug:)

In case you can't remember  :evillaugh:

"Rats!
They fought the dogs and killed the cats,
And bit the babies in the cradles,
And ate the cheeses out of the vats,
And licked the soup from the cooks' own ladles,
Split open the kegs of salted sprats,
Made nests inside men's Sunday hats,
And even spoiled the women's chats,
By drowning their speaking
With shrieking and squeaking
In fifty different sharps and flats."

My sister at this point would be vociferously defending the rights of rats (as a family we've always had rats that we looked after!) and I wouldnt be far behind - I endeavoured to teach Moray morals, but I'm afraid he sees all rodents as fair game......  :shify:  Still, as fairy stories go, it worked quite well with Moray.  His other favourite was the tale of Baba Yaga (or Hansel & Gretel, depending whether or not you do Brothers Grimm....  ;) followed by Rumpelstiltskin)  :evillaugh:  Look, we're crazy cat ladies, yes?  We can take fairy stories in our stride......

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2014, 22:04:34 PM »
Yeah we were just saying it might be worth while popping one in his den. He's zonked still fast asleep. I guess we just see how he gets on. :)

Offline MrsPurrfect

• Adult Cat
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2014, 22:01:52 PM »
I would definitely let Bebe sleep with you and try and confine Bruno.  To my way of thinking you want to try and keep things as  normal as possible for Bebe and give her the reassurance she's not being replaced.

I know it is easy to say but try not to worry too much.  It is bound to be unsettling at first.  Marking territory is a natural thing for him to do as he is in a strange place and can also smell a strange cat.

It is very early days yet and we're all routing for things to go well

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2014, 21:53:18 PM »

It's going to be strange for all of your at first.   :hug: :hug:  It's like taking a new child into the family.  Neither he nor Bebe know what your intentions are, or what to expect.  You have to show them, very clearly.

Positions and thought processes have to alter and shift to accommodate the newbie.

But it can, and will smooth down.   :hug: 

The little feller must know where to access his tray.  I'd suggest popping him on the tray after a vigorous play session before you go to bed tonight.  That way he'll know where to find it after dark.  If you can find room for a tray in his den, then I would definitely try to put one in there, even if it means taking his food and water away.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2014, 21:46:14 PM »
Ok think we will do that then. Just unsure what to do about litter....cos there's not enough room in his den to put his trey. I know must remember he's only been here a few hours and its all new for him

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2014, 21:40:12 PM »
Sounds very much like it was an accident then and nothing to fret over.

Dont forget, Bruno may be the biggest of his litter, but he's still just a baby, and everything is very new now he's away from his littermates.  It must be quite scary and a bit unnerving I imagine.

Does Bebe normally sleep with you?  If so, I wouldnt change that for now.

What we did (Tinks sleeps on the bottom of our bed) was confine Moray to his den for sleeps.  If he woke in the night (which he did) I would nudge OH and he would go in to sleep with the little un.  At weekends we'd swap and I would go in and sleep with the little un.  :Luv:  This went on for a fortnight, until they were much more accepting of each other, when we just left the den door open, and inevitably Moray would wake up and come jaunting in at some ungodly hour in the morning looking for a cuddle (which we then always gave him).  Tinks soon compromised on sharing the bed.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2014, 21:32:54 PM »
I think he couldn't work out how to get out. He's since pood and peed twice in the litter tray but only because I've been watching him like a hawk to notice the signs of him wanting to go. Bebe has gone to bed now and Hes curled up with my otherhalf and sleeping. Not sure what to do about bedtime tonight. We let Bebe wonder at night and sleep whenever but not sure what to do tonight....suggestions please? We aren't pushing them together just letting them Bebe. Bebe is okay as long as he's asleep and still :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2014, 21:07:52 PM »

When he peed in his pen, was he able to get out?  If not, he may just have been caught short.  If he was able to get out, it may be a territorial marking issue if he felt threatened by Bebe.  He would have been trying to reassure himself that he had a bit of turf that was his own, so marking it made him feel that bit more in control.

You need to wash the area down with some biological washing powder dissolved in warm water, and dry with a clean cloth or kitchen towel, to discourage a repeat performance.

Dont be discouraged - this is his first day, and both he and Bebe need time to settle to the new arrangement.  Remember what we said, and much as you want to hasten things along, this has to happen in the cats' own time.  If you get stressed, the cats will pick up on it, and react by being further stressed.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2014, 19:28:51 PM »
He's now growling in response to Bebe growling :(

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2014, 15:30:58 PM »
HELP...He just peed in his den....I've shown him the cat litter tray but he doesn't seem interested any ideas?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #134 on: May 10, 2014, 15:21:48 PM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  That's exactly it Mrs Purrfect - just as you describe with George and Ollie!   And I so know what you mean  - Tinks would quite deliberately catch our eye and then turn his back.  I hurt so much thinking he no longer loved us, but of course that's exactly what he was wondering about us.  He needed to be persuaded otherwise.

Am so pleased Ollie and Milly and George all get to spend cuddle time together now, and NikNakNoo, I hope these tales will inspire you, and keep you going if you get wobbles and doubts.   :)

Offline MrsPurrfect

• Adult Cat
« Reply #133 on: May 10, 2014, 15:16:04 PM »
Awww Sue P that post had me crying an smiling at the same time.  Having lost a cat myself I can really understand and feel your pain  :hug:

I can remember when I got our youngest, Ollie, my George was not happy at all.  Milly took the new arrival in her stride.  We just let George have a place he could go and get out of the way and "sulk" and when I say sulk I mean sulk.  I love all my furbabies very much but George and I have such a strong and special bond it is hard to describe.  However he stopped purring at me and turned his back on me just in case I hadn't got the message that he was not happy.  It sounds silly but the amount of times it made me cry to think George didn't love me anymore.

At the same time my little Olliebobs had stolen my heart as well so it was a real mixture of emotions.

Well, to cut a long story short it was just like Sue P said, George's curiosity got the better of him.  He was hiding upstairs in our bedroom but kept coming downstairs.  The first couple of times as soon as he saw Ollie was still there he stormed back upstairs in disgust.  Then he came down and walked past Ollie, looking but pretending he was not interested.  Eventually when Ollie had fallen asleep and George came downstairs, George ventured closer to get a sniff.  I should say now that George is a proper scaredy cat so it was quite amusing to watch him.  It was obvious he wanted to investigate but was scared of this little bundle of excess energy that kept having mad half hours all over. 

It only took about three days for George to stay downstairs for longer periods of time and then to eventually stop running off.  George and Milly are the best of friends and snuggle up all of the time.  I am pleased to say that now Milly is indifferent and George tolerates Ollie quite nice.  Ollie is occasionally even allowed to join in the snuggles on the odd occasion he flops down to recharge is batteries.  However he does seems to prefer my knee to fall asleep on if it is available ;)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2014, 14:57:44 PM »
 :evillaugh: :wow: :wow: :wow:  Look at those little black lips - so kissable, especially with that charming little grin.    :Luv2:

You're a very good mummy, letting us all share your  photos and your first day of Bruno being home.   :Luv:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #131 on: May 10, 2014, 14:52:43 PM »
Aaaand

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #130 on: May 10, 2014, 14:52:11 PM »
More hehe :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2014, 14:41:25 PM »

Well that was amongst my epic post before.  It took about 3 weeks for ours to reach cuddling stage.

Long story short, Tinks used to belong to neighbours.  He adored our gorgeous ginger Ross.  As Tinks was often locked out of his house overnight during a poor winter, he would sit looking up at ours, wanting to be in.  We would hear Ross pawing at the cat flap and meowing for us to let us know his pal was outside and needed to be in (we used to keep Ross in at night during the winter as he wasn't a year old himself).  We'd get up, unlock everything, put the alarm off, bring Tinks in and then lock up again and go back to bed - often at 2 or 3 in the morning.  :tired:

Tinks and Ross were about two months apart in age.

As a consequence Tinks really wanted to move in with us, but we used to keep toting him "home" with monotonous regularity and with a heavy heart, but as soon as he was allowed out again, he'd make a beeline for our house, and Ross, his cuddle partner.

When Ross was killed, we were devastated.  He was the second cat we'd lost in the space of 18 months - both to road traffic accidents.

We hurtled into adopting Moray.  I had huge misgivings at the time, but we were all pining for Ross, and for my husband's peace of mind, we gave it a whirl.  We got Moray from a rescue - he'd been abandoned with his sister in an empty flat, no food or water for 5 days before he was handed over by the former occupant's parents. 

When we brought him home, Tinks was horrified.  He ran away and hid.  He spent loads of time outside, and although he didnt hiss or growl much at Moray, he was clearly upset.  he wouldnt let us touch him, and he would quite deliberately turn his back on us when he caught our eye.  Face it, in his world, he'd lost his best buddy, things were weird, and then this - this thing came home with us!

When I came home from work at the end of the second day it was to find my husband distraught at the front door, telling me that Moray would have to go back to the rescue, and he wasnt going to risk Tinks leaving us .  I was absolutely gutted - having been unsure about rushing into an adoption anyway, I'd gone with it, and now felt that we were treating Moray like a parcel - "return to sender."  Now, I should just say that my OH and I have been together 30+ years, and have previously ended up taking in animals that had problems, that had been "given up on" - mainly dogs with confidence issues.  We'd never given up on one, and I didnt relish the prospect of starting then.

Well, we sat down, and after a huge battle of wills, I persuaded (shamed? bullied?) my OH to let me try things my way, and so "Moray's den" was set up, and we took things at a slower pace with Tinks being given the run of the house, and Moray being confined to barracks save for supervised play sessions. 

After a few days, and in spite of himself, Tinks found his curiousity getting the better of him.  And of course, he'd made his choice months before.  He liked living with us.  Yes, Ross was gone, but all in all, he still liked living with us.   And he wasnt gonna let some usurper interfere with this rather cushy little gaffe he'd got.  ;)

Thankfully his former owners were very kind, and knowing we'd lost Ross - and I guess acknowledging they'd already really "lost" Tinks, said we could formally adopt him from them.  (They now have two new cats, who are delightful, and who are happy with their little girl, whereas Tinks has always hated being picked up, which we think was mainly the difficulty - that and the fact he couldnt get shelter during the night)

I wont deny in that first week I wept buckets, but am so grateful that my husband eventually gave in and let me give things a try my way.  The days that followed weren't always smooth, and weren't always easy, but by reassuring Tinks that he was still Number  1 Big Boss Cat and that Moray was actually quite a good egg given half a chance - had a bad start in life and needed a buddy  ;) he gradually came round.

I remain incredibly grateful to all of the support, help and advice I received, not least of which from Pav - who had undergone a similar thing herself not that long before we ended up in the same position, and Liz (who persuaded me to "man up") and Sheila, Rosella, Gill and Susanne who were there for me through my less confident moments.  So many lovely people besides those I've mentioned, who encouraged me, put up with me and made me smile through the tears and the hard stuff. 

It might not be easy is what I'm trying to say (I cried buckets!) but try not to pre-judge the outcome, and try not to hurry things, keen though you'll be to have them integrate. 

The time will come, and when it does, you'll feel sooooo happy.   It may come sooner, it may come later, but it will come, I'm sure of it.   :) :hug:

Ms Purrfect - think there could be a fight on your hands there!   :evillaugh:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2014, 14:39:02 PM »
Hehe I'm afraid I'm already very muchly attached to him :)

Offline MrsPurrfect

• Adult Cat
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2014, 14:26:57 PM »
I have a solution to all your problems...... give Bruno to me 'cos he is sooooooooooooo adorable  :Luv:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2014, 14:21:48 PM »
Okay will do. I will hold out for the day that they cuddle each other :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2014, 14:20:37 PM »
I would for the first few days, so Bebe can eat without feeling threatened. 

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2014, 14:19:16 PM »
Haha oh no I think your help is fantastic ....any advice is gratefully recd. We will try again later. Should we feed them totally separately??

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2014, 14:12:32 PM »

All good signs.   :)   (I'd just typed a long winded and very wordy post about when Tinks and Moray were introduced, caught a wrong key by mistake and lost the lot, so will take that as a sign I should shut up, and just go "oooooo - Bebe, you have a new playmate!"   :hug: )

:rofl:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2014, 13:56:19 PM »
Yeah we are very happy to have him home. Vet checked him all over though couldn't hear his chest because he was purring too much :) we just want Bebe to be okay. Last thing we want is for her to be upset. Bruno is currently fast asleep on my leg and Bebe is in the bedroom with my otherhalf watching a film. She seems okay with him, its just when he gets to close, she states at him and growls and then almost looks like she's stalking him. She doesn't put her ears down or move her tail. She just watches but then when he leaves the room or is busy eating she approaches him to sniff.

Link to CatChat