Author Topic: Intergrating kitten to 2 older cats  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Intergrating kitten to 2 older cats
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 22:37:04 PM »
Hissing and growling and the occasional spat is to be expected I think. Big age difference and likely to take longer than with a youngster.  Sounds like you are doing just fine  :hug:

I'm now gonna try and get you posting a pic of your lovely polydactyl Tortie Ember by hijacking your thread with a Ruby pic  :innocent: 

Ruby is 5 and a half years old.  Only difference we know of is to keep an eye on claws on any extra toes that she doesn't use often.  In Ruby's case, we very occasionally need to clip her back dew claws to ensure they don't curl into her pads.  Think we've only done it 3 times in her glorious, much loved, five year life. 

Will keep an eye peeled for pics of the lovely Ember  :Luv2:

Offline izziestars

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Brandi, Lucy and Ember
Intergrating kitten to 2 older cats
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 11:12:36 AM »
I currently have 3 cats Lucy and Brandi who are 14 year old brother and sister and little 12 week old Ember.
When I first brought Ember into the home a few days ago Brandi would hiss at her and Lucy would ignore her.
at night and when I am out and about Ember is crated she is out playing etc when we are home and of an evening (most of the time)
since Ember started spending more time out of her crate as she is sleeping less Lucy has also started hissing and growling at her
Ember doesn't hound them and is a people kitty. she loves to play etc.
how do I get my other 2 cats to start to at least stop growling and hissing at Ember or is this just going to take time?

Also any information about owning a polydactal cat would be great as the lady I bought Ember from was under the impression she needed extra care due to this. thanks

Link to CatChat