Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 786234 times)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #4940 on: August 26, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
As my good friend Carol has kidnapped the 5 wee kittens  :rofl: :rofl: I will mention the benefits of Piri-Teze, cuddles, purrs and pure love  :rofl: The vet nurse called me on wednesday as 2 female cats had been dumped on them the week before and their time was up, needless to say I took them on. 2 girls around 8 months who were very frightened one black the other black/white,both flea bitten; their names came from the advert on TV when vet nurse called  :rofl: things are getting desperate our numbers are way over the top when we need TV names  :rofl:
Am really concerned about Fuchsia she is our head girl and heading for 20years young;2 years ago she had a serious heart attack and has a grade 5-6 heart murmur,she was also diagnosed with bladder stones. Fuchsia is the most beautiful,wonderful feral in the world,she is almost the double of Ruths Lexy. Fuchsia has become loving and purry over the years but still retains her independance and hates being picked up for the vet, I am keeping a very close eye on her  as I fear her time is getting close, I so hope I am wrong and so wish that just one of mine could go peacefully in their sleep instead of me always making that awful journey, now I`m being selfish,guess that lets you know just how concerned I am. I shouldnt worry Fuchsia arrived here some 14-15 years ago, a heavily pregnant female who I trapped in a conservatory in Byley, after spay time her kittens were rehomed and Fuchsia was released into my garden,she freaked out and shot up a tree staying there until I climbed it in the dead of night,she shot down into my greenhouse and I scruffed her and brought here in the house,goes to show we couldnt get rid of her and she took charge of the indoor ferals ever since,maybe she will shock me and pull through. I`ll not let her suffer what ever happens.
Will try and get the girls to get pics of Piri and Teze later.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4939 on: August 25, 2012, 08:45:37 AM »

Sending big hugs to you Auntie T and to all at The Inn today.   :hug: :hug: :hug:

And special hugs for Aunty Debbie and Aunty Carol too     :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4938 on: August 24, 2012, 22:10:37 PM »
Fabulush pics Carol.  I could never do rescue, not even temporarily.  I take my hat off to ya  :agree:  I could never let any of em go back. Ah, but you haven't yet have ya?  :shify:

Just delish  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4937 on: August 24, 2012, 19:40:12 PM »
Wonderful pics  :Luv2: It's going to be such a wrench taking them back isn't it  :Luv2:  :hug:

Hope Teresa is feeling brighter, my boys send a dribbly, purry headbutt to you  :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4936 on: August 24, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »
Hope you're feeling better, Teresa, and have been looking after that sofa properly?  :hug: :hug:

Crikey Carol, what a bunch of gorgeousness, and how wonderfully you're looking after them. It would break my heart to let them go, which is why I gave up fostering (and how I ended up with eight!). I love the "get us out of here" shot, and should be one for the next cat show, I think  ;D

I know I mentioned the Tufty/Flash lookelikes, but now Violet is filling out, her markings are utterly identical to Pursley, who is also very loving and smart. I think violet will turn out like this  :Luv:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4935 on: August 24, 2012, 06:59:51 AM »

Aw Carol - delightful photos.  And very very wise, not to want to risj passing on any germs.  ;) :evillaugh:

They're all so gorgeous.   :Luv2:  I hope they all get forever homes when they're ready - they so deserve them (as do they all)

Sending hugs to you Aunty T  :hug: :hug:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #4934 on: August 24, 2012, 00:42:26 AM »
and finally..........

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4933 on: August 24, 2012, 00:40:12 AM »
and more.........

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4932 on: August 24, 2012, 00:37:51 AM »
some more.......................

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4931 on: August 24, 2012, 00:35:31 AM »
Well the 5 youngsters are still with me.  ;D  T was expecting them back on Wednesday but I’ve got a shocking cough and cold and I couldn’t possibly go to Paws Inn and expose her to my germs could I?  ;)  She even offered to send Rob to pick them up but same argument applies, we don’t want him catching it and passing it on to T do we?.  :naughty:

So for Teresa (and all Paws Inn followers) an update with pics – all taken this week.  Of course I never have the camera to hand when the best opportunities arise.  :shify:

I’m really enjoying watching the kittens develop.  They all have their individual personalities now but retain one thing in common – they’re never too busy for a cuddle.  :Luv2:  Its two things really – they’re all beautiful.

Tom is the explorer, always the first to discover new horizons.  :wow:  Last night he excelled himself and led an expedition out through the door of the kitten room that I had accidentally left ever so slightly ajar.  :-[  In the hall he came nose to nose with my boy Biggles who took one look at the confusion of kittens and promptly ran away.  :rofl:  Tom’s tabby fur is stripey on his head, back and legs but deliciously spotty on his tummy like a Bengal.  :Luv2:

Tim, who we think is Tom’s identical twin, is the baby of the group. He’s the lightest and had a bit of difficulty eating at first so had to have special feeds, and as a result he thinks I’m his mummy.  :innocent: Norty mummy doesn’t give them to him any more so he wails at me in protest.  :evillaugh:  He was a bit more hesitant in play than the others to begin with but gives as good as he gets now in the rough and tumble..  :) 

Bonnie is the mountaineer, my legs being her initial challenge,  :owwww: which she now manages in seconds flat and continues on up to my shoulder.  If I complain she makes do with the curtains and is making valiant efforts at the bookshelves but they’ve so far defeated her.  :)  She is somewhat camera shy..

Violet is perfect.  :agree:  Well she would be if she didn’t have such a worrying interest in electricity cables.  :scared:  She’s pretty, she’s confident, she’s smart (always the last one to be caught) and she’s thoughtful.  Tim is still a bit of a messy eater so she cleans his bib for him and cuddles up to him when he’s looking lost.  She helps Flash to keep himself clean too but you can almost hear her tut tutting as she does it.  :rofl: 

Which brings me finally to the fluffy one, which is what OH has called Flash from Day 1 and its sort of stuck.  :-[  What can I say?  He’s a boisterous bundle of fun and fur.  If there’s a tussle going on he’ll be in the middle of it, or more likely on top of it.  The same is true where food is concerned.  :evillaugh:  Surprisingly he can look quite smooth haired in photos so I’ve picked out one that really shows his full furriness.  :rofl:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #4930 on: August 23, 2012, 08:01:56 AM »
Lovely pics Teresa. Pudding is gorgeous  :Luv:

Take care of yourself  :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4929 on: August 23, 2012, 07:29:26 AM »

Oh Teresa - they're gorgeuos.  You can be proud of them all.   :Luv: :hug: :hug:

I just love Breeze's nose - what an amazing nose.  An incredbly handsome nose.   ;D :Luv2: 

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4928 on: August 20, 2012, 09:23:25 AM »
Heres a few more,apologies for pics on their sides,struggling with new camera software.
The unnamed cat is Pudding.
I am especially proud of the Rosalind picture she looks so healthy now.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4927 on: August 20, 2012, 09:13:08 AM »
Thankyou all so much for caring, I seem to be going through a weepy time and not really understanding where my place in life is anymore,so unlike me. Rosella I have blown all hope of any carers now because I refuse to go into this respite place for 6 weeks,in fact in true "T" out of control style I told them to stuff their care, i`m not old,I dont need them. I`m a survivor.

The cats have all been thriving without me and our wonderful Poop Queen Debbie even managed to rehome Constance and Ophelia during my absence, I am so pleased,Debbie handled homecheck,viewing and homing,the lot and has since received positive updates.Our Debbie like Carol is an absolute Gem.
Bayleaf seemed a little off colour yesterday and had vomitted a little clear liquid as well as producing a firm poop surrounded by liquid as wormer was due we decided go ahead andall seem fine this morning.
Rob decided to tell me that Pudding (his name choice not mine) the pregnant cat was not pregnant, Natalie said she didnt know she was and alarm bells started ringing so I neglected my settee and sneaked outside while Debbie and co were in the summerhouse Pens, poor sweet Pudding is Definately pregnant its just some ladies take better care of their figures  :rofl: I have decided it will be a September birth. One thing that really struck me was her beauty and the resemblance to the late Minimopsical.
Heres a few pics the girls took yesterday

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4926 on: August 20, 2012, 08:08:09 AM »
Welcome back Teresa  :hug: :hug: :hug:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4925 on: August 20, 2012, 07:02:14 AM »

Teresa, sending much love to you and all at the Inn, with a whiskery snoozle from Ross.   :hug: :hug: :cat rub:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #4924 on: August 19, 2012, 20:48:55 PM »
Im glad youre home and hope things improve for you  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #4923 on: August 19, 2012, 01:21:33 AM »
So glad you've escaped Teresa. Carol, Daddy Rob et al have been doing sterling work and appear to have enjoyed it....Useless - err no, definitely not. Just picture yourself in a matriarchal role supervising operations whilst resting and taking care of that poor neglected sofa   :hug: :hug: :hug:
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4922 on: August 19, 2012, 00:05:01 AM »
Topping up the  :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4921 on: August 18, 2012, 21:38:56 PM »

So not useless, Teresa.   :hug: :hug:  Dont you let them railroad you into anything you dont want.  Am always willing to come round an spit inna eye if needs be?   :hug: :shify:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4920 on: August 18, 2012, 17:25:14 PM »
Pleased that you've escaped Teresa, you know in your heart that you are far from useless  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4919 on: August 18, 2012, 11:11:10 AM »
Am so very pleased you are home Teresa  :hug: :hug: :hug:  My heart goes out to you for all the health problems you have to contend with.  I really feel your frustration at not being able to do things and hope your nearest and dearest fully understand what is really important to you.  I'm talking about the freedom to make your own choices about your own life.  You mustn't feel that is asking for too much as it's not.  Hope I am not out of order but sometimes, with the best of intentions, people get trapped into something they hate.  I sincerely hope social services are able to provide an appropriate care package for you at home very soon  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you so much for the pictures of Tom Carol  :thanks:   Did you ever see such a beautiful little Tarzan  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4918 on: August 18, 2012, 10:54:38 AM »
Welcome home Teresa,useless would be the last word to describe you!  :hug:xx

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4917 on: August 18, 2012, 10:31:36 AM »
Welcome home, T  ;D :clap:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4916 on: August 18, 2012, 09:30:20 AM »
A huge thankyou to everyone for their kind wishes and mega thanks to Carol and Debbie for taking such wonderful care of the cats and indeed coming to visit me in my prison cell hospital bed. I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends who are so very capable of giving expert care to all the cats and of course putting up with my moans and believe me it takes very special people to cope with me. Anyway I finally got home late yesterday afternoon after almost threatening to murder the discharge nurse who sent a social worker to offer me respite care for 6 weeks whilst they set up a carers package, I told them old peoples home is not me and they could stuff all their help and asked to discharge myself. 10 minutes later the priest came to see me and found me in a very tearful state,he explained what respite care is but it didnt help, I still feel useless.
I arrived home and cuddled young Pimlico and felt so much better.
Lots of news about cats and I will have to leave it till later as I need a rest now,but all cats/kittens happy and so well cared for in my absence

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4915 on: August 17, 2012, 23:56:12 PM »
Oh boy, oh boy, does he have the right name?Oh Yes He Does!  :naughty: :naughty:

Can't wait to see how young This Olympic Munchkin turns out, what a superstar. Thanks Carol.  ;D

Teresa, we are all thinking about you and sending super strengthening vibes.  :hug: :hug:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4914 on: August 17, 2012, 23:21:11 PM »
Did somwbody ask where Tom was?  :shify:

Here he is..............

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4913 on: August 17, 2012, 07:42:40 AM »
Topping up the positive vibes for Teresa  :hug: :hug: :hug:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4912 on: August 16, 2012, 13:47:09 PM »
Quick hug T before I have to go to work.  :hug: :hug: Carol's doing a great job with them kittuns, just you concentrate on getting yourself better.  ;)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4911 on: August 16, 2012, 13:44:19 PM »
Sending lots of well wishes T, hope they can get you a diagnosis very soon xx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4910 on: August 16, 2012, 07:30:21 AM »

Teresa, just wanted to let yuo know we're thinking of you, and sending lots of positive ibes your way.  Ross sends a fuzzy snoozle for you, and a nose boop.   :hug: :hug:

Love to all at The Inn too. 

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4909 on: August 14, 2012, 11:07:51 AM »
Sending lotsa  :hug: to Teresa,proves that docs don't know everything.

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4908 on: August 14, 2012, 07:39:32 AM »
Hope they can get to the bottom of Teresa's problem soon. Sending more hugs  :hug: :hug:

Carol, the kittens are gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4907 on: August 14, 2012, 07:31:00 AM »
Lovely jubbly pics Carol  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Wherez Tom  :shify:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4906 on: August 14, 2012, 06:49:17 AM »

Well, I'm pleaseed that's out of the way but less chuffed that it hasn't led them to being any the wiser as to what's going on.

Teresa, topping up the love and the hugs for you, from me and a certain Foo Fighter of your acquaintance.   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Carol - the babies are just perfect!  ;D :Luv:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4905 on: August 14, 2012, 00:19:00 AM »
Spoke to Rob tonight and T's procedure went OK but didn't really get them any nearer to a diagnosis so they're talking about doing another scan (she's already had one).  At least that's what she thinks the doctor said - she was still groggy when he told her.

A few pics to prove that i still have the kittens.  ;)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4904 on: August 13, 2012, 19:38:40 PM »
Fingers crossed everything went to plan today, hope they can get to the bottom of things and that you're feeling better soon Teresa  :hug:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #4903 on: August 13, 2012, 18:30:16 PM »
I hope it all went well and T's home again soon
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4902 on: August 13, 2012, 17:04:00 PM »
Soothing vibes and gentle back rubs for T, hope the scary movie isn't too scary.  :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4901 on: August 13, 2012, 13:04:00 PM »
wishing T a speedy recovery and hope all thrives at the inn.

Link to CatChat