Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 786231 times)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #4860 on: July 31, 2012, 00:13:14 AM »
The new additions to the Inn are just  :Luv2:  In addition to Violet and Flash there is Miss Tabby White Socks (temporary name) and two tabby boys (as yet un-named) who are impossible to tell apart and may be identical twins.  Considering they have only just learnt to lap they're  making a good job of it and although they stand in the food they don't swim in it (yet  :rofl: ) so are keeping reasonably clean.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4859 on: July 30, 2012, 18:49:23 PM »
Pimlico is just :blow kiss:

Fantastic news for Happy & Rainbow  :wow: Do the 5 little ones have a collective group name yet?  :naughty:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #4858 on: July 30, 2012, 15:11:43 PM »
Oh my! Isn't Pimlico just adorable  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Sending you a couple of these Teresa as it sounds like you need it  :hug: :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4857 on: July 30, 2012, 09:47:01 AM »

Oooo  - much lushness!!   :wow: :wow:  :Luv:   He's a little darling - lukkin very smart, isn't he?

Wonderful news for Happy and Rainbow too  :Luv:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4856 on: July 30, 2012, 09:30:52 AM »
Constance has been fine since and she and Ophelia are best buddies again.

Couldnt resist sharing these pictures of Pimlico taken during his grooming session yesterday,his weight has gone from 500 to 700grams in a week,we are all so proud of him.

The 5 younguns are learning to lap quite well, I will admit to finding them hard work though yesterday was a dream thanks to aunty Debbie doing all the hard work,all I had to do was stimulate violet (black girl)into doing her first poop and did she scream hence the name Violet from Richmel cromptons just William :rofl: Flash (black boy) did his own poop during the night and enjoyed his first botty bath yesterday.
On top of all the running around Debbie managed to secure a Reserve on Happy and Rainbow,so all in all a good day.
kittens all washed and fed and sleeping and aunty Carol coming today, time indeed to count my blessings.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4855 on: July 29, 2012, 07:11:32 AM »

I don't know how you do it either Teresa, but I know am glad that you do (even though I worry knowing you do too much  :hug:)   So many have benefitted from your expert care.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4854 on: July 28, 2012, 23:27:18 PM »
I'm exhausted just reading your updates Teresa, really don't know how you do it  :hug:

Hope it was nothing untoward that caused the chaos with Constance and Ophelia  :scared:  :hug: Good news about Pimlico's (non existant) sibling! Looking forward to pics of the newbies  ;D

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4853 on: July 28, 2012, 21:33:00 PM »
oops-  carol just checking you were paying attention  :rofl: truthfully i was stressed out,just been on floor trying to feed them and you know how hard it is for me to get up again.
Just had email from people who brought Pimlico,they have searched and no litter mate so good news.
Carol you havent asked about colours  :rofl: the 2 blacks are easy to tell apart but identical tabbies I need a purplr hair dye  :rofl: 5th one tabby/white,see you Monday.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4852 on: July 28, 2012, 20:43:38 PM »
Oh dear - I can tell you are stressed out T because Ophelia's pure white sister is not Cassandra but Constance.  :hug:  It certainly sounds like something dramatic happened to cause the mayhem you had to deal with. :hug:   Whatever it was, I hope it doesn't happen again and its good to hear that harmony has been restored between her and Ophelia.

Five fussy kittens who are not yet lapping sounds like a lot of hard work in store. I hope they are fast learners.  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4851 on: July 28, 2012, 16:42:07 PM »
The beautiful Cupcake went to her new home yesterday and it was a frantic race to clean and disinfect her Pen before the new arrivals came. Bayleaf,Breeze and Bee are now happily outside in Cupcakes Pen and my living room is adorned with 5 kittens aged between 4-5 weeks who I am frantically trying to get lapping,heaven help us it doesnt seem 2 minutes since I went through this with Cobweb and co.
As if this wasnt enough something happened in the brick built Pens overnight and Cassandra and Opelia had totally trashed their Pen and not only that growling at each other with real hatred,Cassandra pure white had a white head and completely brown body,yes she was covered in poop so was the Pen, the only time I have witnessed anything like this was when an epileptic cat had a fit in her Pen. I am praying this isnt the case.
I bathed Cassandra and have a beautifully ripped arm but at least she and Ophelia are now settled together again, and all this ontop of 5 fussy kittens grr.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4850 on: July 26, 2012, 10:15:05 AM »
Careful there missus, just cos everythings under control for a few precious seconds doesn't mean you're allowed to go smashing up furniture  ;) :doh: (Ouch, though, shins are the pits when you knock 'em :care: )

Great news about the girls, such a good feeling to know they're all gonna be OK  ;D

Poor little adorable Pimlico, though. So relieved he's found you, and just sincerely hope there wasn't another kitten out there where he was found.  :scared:

Sending Well Done Chaps to the lovely Carol and Debbie for all they do there, and of course topping up the inner strength vibes for you T.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4849 on: July 26, 2012, 09:53:18 AM »

Ouch Teresa!   :doh: :hug: :hug:  Take it steady.  The phone will ring again if you can't get to it in time.   :hug:

Very pleased about the spays for the Girls.  Poor little Pimlico - but good news about his nose and his hernia.  Hoping the piddling gets better, bless him - like he hasn't enough to cope with.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4848 on: July 26, 2012, 09:49:52 AM »
4 spays and microchips done yesterday, Olivia, Athena,Happy and Rainbow are all recovering well, its a great feeling having everything old enough spay and vaccinated,think we only have 3 kittens needing 2nd half vacc in a week and of course Pimlico when hes old enough,all else done.
Carol and Debbie took little Pimlico to the vet for me as I have been a little concerned about his piddling habits and also wanted his hernia and nose wound checking out,hes had an antibiotic just in case and Andy has said his opening is very tiny so now I am even more obsessed about piddle,good news is his hernia isnt a problem nor the nose..
Just managed to fall over and instantly bruise both legs answering the phone,why are coffee tables so hard,got physiotherapist coming today too  and she will expect me to run the marathon  :rofl: Best get some rest.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4847 on: July 25, 2012, 07:43:21 AM »

Hope your wounds are healing Teresa - sounds like someone else I know.....  :innocent: :evillaugh:

Hope you had a wonderful day at your Son's wedding Teresa.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4846 on: July 24, 2012, 10:46:23 AM »
Helen, Pimlico is indeed another Winston,now hes found his paws he decided draw blood in more than one place on my hands because I had the cheek to check his bladder was empty,mind you poor mite has a hole near his nose where I cleaned an old wound so I cant blame him. He has a ball hanging on ribbon which he has already learnt to bat around,its my guess he will end up as clever and coniving as Winston.
Carol sorry I totally forgot about the rehomings,just too much to occupy my senile mind :rofl: Must confess to everyone that Carol and Debbie were left in charge of everything on saturday because I was at my eldest sons wedding,so is it any wonder they were all purring with 2 such lovely people caring for them.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4845 on: July 24, 2012, 06:52:33 AM »

Isn't that just the measure of Paws Inn:  "I expected them to be crying, but they're all purring"   :hug: :hug: :hug:

That's just splendid news about Portia and Nerissa.   ;D :Luv:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4844 on: July 24, 2012, 00:07:29 AM »
I just  :Luv2: Fred and Charlie. 

I agree with Helen about Pimlico - definitely a bit of the Winston about him.    What a sad story but aren't they all?

You haven't mentioned the weekend homings T so I'm going to be naughty and do it for you.  Portia and her kitten Nerissa were reserved by a lovely couple on Saturday and went to their forever home on Sunday.  ;D   The lady couldn't get over how hapopy all the cats at Paws Inn are.  She was expecting her visit to be a harrowing experience and kept saying 'I expected them to be crying but they're all purring. '  The only thing she found harrowing was choosing.  She wanted Rosalind, Athena and Pansydora as well but her husband fell in love with Portia so that was that.   :) 

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4843 on: July 23, 2012, 16:44:48 PM »
Fab news about Cupcake  :) Charlie & Fred have done you proud!  :wow:

As for poor little Pimlico, what a horrible start to life  :( He reminds me of Winston and similar circumstances too - I can only hope that he's not as demanding  :evillaugh:

The three B's are looking fab, that's the magic of the Paws Inn polish  ;D

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #4842 on: July 23, 2012, 15:31:17 PM »
What a little beauty is Pimlico.....well done that man!   :hug: :hug: Hope he manages to find the other kitten if there is one.. :scared:

Lovely babies as usual!  :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4841 on: July 23, 2012, 11:37:34 AM »
Thanks for the pics Teresa  :)

Just look at Pimlico  :Luv: :Luv: Poor little luv.

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4840 on: July 23, 2012, 11:04:02 AM »

Awwww Teresa - Charlie and Fred are such handsome adults!   ;D ;D  And lovely to know Cupcake will be going to join them (poor lass!  :evillaugh:)

Poo little Pimlico.  What a sweet face he has too.   :hug: :hug:

And I see a very hansum little Breeze -  :Luv2: :Luv2:  What a lovely way to brighten up a day.  ;D

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4839 on: July 23, 2012, 10:45:18 AM »
Meet Pimlico,he looks like a chocolate box kitten but beneath all that fur is a bag of bones with a wormy belly,he weighs just 500grams. he was found under a car bonnet after being thrown over a wall,it took a kindly man 2 days to catch him,the man thinks he may have heard another kitten crying so we are anxiously waiting for news. Meanwhile our timid little boy is feeling a lot better now he has been fed and cleaned up and enjoyed a good nights sleep.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4838 on: July 23, 2012, 10:21:00 AM »
Anyone remember the holy terrors in particular Cannibal lectercat Fred and bad hair day worlds ugliest kitten Charlie,well I have been drooling over this pic for a couple of weeks now. Charlie is a gentle boy but fred lives up to his cannibalistic tendencies,he killed 5 mice and I think 3 birds in a week and one of them was a big bird. Cupcake will be going to live with them on Friday.
also some up to date pics of Bayleaf,Breeze and Bee now with soft shiny coats.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:22:40 AM by Teresa Pawcats »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4837 on: July 17, 2012, 21:39:53 PM »
Teresa is doing me out of a job, Jordi didn't even get as far as the webiste!  :evillaugh:

Some lovely photos there but little Bayleaf has stolen my heart, such a cute little face that just needs kissing :blow kiss:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4836 on: July 17, 2012, 08:00:44 AM »
Lovely pics  :Luv: :Luv:

Thanks Carol.

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4835 on: July 16, 2012, 18:24:07 PM »

Oh Lordy - clever Aunty T.   Brilliant piccies Carol, and so lovely to think that Yordi managed to sneak in there with Francis Flute and secure his new home.   :wow: :wow: :wow:

I must not look at piccies of Breeze, I must not look at piccies of Breeze.....  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #4834 on: July 16, 2012, 17:58:21 PM »
Lovely update and gorgeous pictures (as usual!) , Carol     :Luv2: :Luv2:   Great news on the rehoming too!   :wow:

Hope T's feeling ok  :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4833 on: July 16, 2012, 16:21:07 PM »
Some good news on the rehoming front.  As planned, Francis Flute went to his new home on Saturday and I don't know how she did it because I wasnt there but that crafty T got them to take Yordi as well.  :shify:  At least I think that's what happened.  I may have got the details wrong :innocent:  but Yordi has definitely gone to his new home. GRIN

Cassandra went as planned on Sunday and Cupcake has been reserved.  :)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4832 on: July 16, 2012, 16:10:19 PM »
And some amusing ones……………….

There’s Olivia doing her impersonation of an elegant statue,  Constance wondering when she will grow into her ears and my favourite, Breeze (with Bee) looking as though he’s wearing oversized wellies.  :rofl:

The last one isn’t really an interesting picture but it was a lovely moment.  Nerissa was in her pen watching enviously as Olivia’s kittens ran around playing (she’d already had her turn) and started knocking her ball around.  Ophelia went up to the pen, put her paw through the netting and batted the ball and thus ensued quite a lengthy game of footie between the two of them.  :Luv2:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4831 on: July 16, 2012, 16:06:53 PM »
It’s amazing what flea and worm treatment, good food and plenty of TLC can do isn’t it?  It took just under a week for the three B’s to be transformed from their rough-haired, pot-bellied, gungy-eyed sorry state into sleek, inquisitive, happy kittens.  In fact they were looking so good when vet Andy arrived on Friday to do the mountain of second vacs that he declared them fit enough to have their first, along with Jordi (pronounced Yordi).  ;D  Poor old Ivan was still wheezy so he had an AB jab and obligingly peed on the kitchen floor enabling his urine to be tested.  :evillaugh:  Cornelius was given a gold star along with his second vaccination – he’s looking really well and the move to the bigger pen with an outside run has been just what he needed to complete the rehabilitation of his injured leg.  :)  All he needs now is a lovely new home.

I must admit to being a little bit in love with Cornelius  :Luv2: …and with new boy Breeze (he of the splotchy nose Sue).  He’s the most confident and outgoing of the 3 B’s and also the most vocal.  ;)  His sister Bee is coming out of her shell now but brother Bayleaf is still rather timid.  It doesn’t stop him from racing around causing havoc when he’s let out of his pen though.  :shify:

But enough of this chatter – I know its pics that really want so here they are.  As ever, I have more shots of T’s carpet than I have of kittens but these are the best from my vast collection of blanks, blurs and bums.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4830 on: July 12, 2012, 06:46:08 AM »

Jordi has striking good looks, doesn't he?  I love those ear tufts.    Which one is the handsome little kitten with the gorgeous black and white spoltched nose?    :wow:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4829 on: July 12, 2012, 01:23:16 AM »
Jordi looks like a mini lion with that lion-y muzzle  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Breeze, Bayleaf and Bee are gorgeous too and look remarkably still for kittens  :evillaugh:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4828 on: July 11, 2012, 20:00:27 PM »
So wonderful to see that Baby Bea has a feline friend.   :Luv2:

That looks like a cage full of feisty kittens T - can't wait to meet them.  :scared:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4827 on: July 11, 2012, 10:13:30 AM »
Julie wonderful pictures thankyou. I shed a tear of joy when I saw Baby Bea with Harvey.

Heres a few pics of our latest troublemakers,not terribly attractive a the minute but look how Julies 5 have ended up.
Vet coming here friday to do 16 vaccinations so will do proper update then.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4826 on: July 11, 2012, 06:46:43 AM »

Just popping by to ask what news of Jordi?   Hoping all are good at the Inn, and sending a special hug for Aunty T.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4825 on: July 09, 2012, 12:55:47 PM »
So wonderful to see Baby Bea so settled in her new home  :)  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

As for the rest of the Paws Inn adoptees - simply divine :blow kiss: Just realised 4 out of 5 are long haired, bet you have your hands brush full there!

Great news about Francis, hope that his Mum and siblings aren't far behind him  :wow: Gentle head kisses to those who need then :care:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4824 on: July 09, 2012, 08:35:47 AM »
Great updates, T. I'm delighted your charges are all making good progress.
Still, the mentality of folk who are cruel to animals is beyond me, and to leave animals to suffer is just unforgiveable  >:( At least the three B's are safe now with you at the Inn.
I'm a little bit in love with Jordi. Do you think his deafness and eye trouble might be brain damage?  :shocked:

Those are fantastic pics, Julie. BabyBea looks very settled, nice one! I love Teddy, what a hunk  :Luv2: and Harvey  :wow: stunning.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4823 on: July 09, 2012, 07:03:17 AM »

Wonderful pictures.   ;D  Is that - Harvey?!!!!   :wow: :wow: :wow:

Offline JulieCats

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: TED, BILL, TWINKLE and HARVEY
« Reply #4822 on: July 08, 2012, 15:13:25 PM »
More Pictures  I found this one of Harvey I can't believe he use to be this small.

Offline JulieCats

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: TED, BILL, TWINKLE and HARVEY
« Reply #4821 on: July 08, 2012, 15:09:09 PM »
More Pictures

Link to CatChat