Author Topic: Mix feelings, your opinion please - Please send positive vibes for Millie RTA (Sad news- RIP xx)  (Read 35261 times)

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Only just read it as well and so sorry Pav :( :hug:

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
Only just read this - so sorry Pav  :'(
I hope you are feeling calmer now.

You did a wonderful thing looking after Millie, and I hope you can begin to smile again and cherish her memory.
 :care:

God Bless
XX

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Me Three  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you Pav and hope you're OK  :hug:

Me too Pav and sending lots of love  :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you Pav and hope you're OK  :hug:

Offline Sylvia

• Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Thomas, Suki, Sweep, Tatty & Tabs
I just wanted to say how very sorry I was to hear this, and to send you some of these  :hug: :hug: :hug:

RIP Millie and play hard at the Bridge  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
Pav,  I have just seen this,  I am so so sorry,  you have Millie a wonderful year and you must never forget that,  sending you loads and loads of  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Oh Pav I dont know what to say!  :(

So sorry things have turned out this way...I am totally heartbroken for you!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

RIP sweet Millie, play hard on Rainbow bridge xxx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
I am so sorry to hear the sad news Pav, but you did wonders for her and allowed her to blossom with love, and enjoy her life, which she wouldn't have otherwise. Big hugs, and you know where I am if you want to talk. x
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Pav I am so sorry, she knew you loved her

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Sending more  :hug: today, have emailed the video files to you  :hug:
Thankyou so much Helen,it means alot having the video.x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Sending more  :hug: today, have emailed the video files to you  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
:hug: :hug: :hug:
Better for any animal to have a short happy life than a long one lived in fear or suffering. I am so so sorry to hear how you are grieving for your little angels, in time you will be able to smile as you remember the first time Millie purred or let you touch her or ventured out to play.  :Luv:
Thanks Fire Fox, i do believe in what you said and the only thing that gives me some comfort atm is knowing Millie had some happy times here in her short life i still dont know what happened in her first year with the owner that turned her to be so nervous and terrified of people, i cant believe it was only not being handled.But i know she was 6 weeks in rescue before i fostered her and all that time she was hiding in her bed and only came out at night when no one was around to eat and use the tray. She started here with night routine but gradually things got better.
Thankyou every one for your support the kind words means somuch to me , right now its so hard cuz the only thing i can see is her face yesterday so badly hurt not my little girl cheeky face, why people have to drive so fast on a side road i never understand but i know with time i will be able to look at her video and well remember her as she was. Once again Thankyou. Hugsx

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I'm so sorry hunnie. You did all the right things for Millie , gave her love and understanding noone else showed her and you can see from the video she knew it too.

She will be looking down on you know hun together with all our bridge babes, she will always be with you in your heart.

Rest easy sweetheart .  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Pav hun sending lots of love over and loads more of these  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Oh Pav, in tears for you  :hug: you worked wonders with Millie, thats obvious from the video. I'm so sorry  :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
The video is wonderful Pav and you need to remember how she was when she came to you and from that to her happiness and trust in you in the video  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Honey, huge hugs. Sent you a text, didn't want to wake you by calling. Wish I could give you a big hug. I had the pleasure of seeing Millie in her little comfort zone, helping you find her when she didn't want to be found :) and seeing how you put every effort into giving her the quality of life she would never get with anyone else.

You did EVERYTHING right. I say this not as someone who is your friend, but as someone who witnessed it.

I'm thinking of you, and will call you tomorrow when its a sensible time.
 X
xxxxx

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
 :hug: :hug: :hug:
Better for any animal to have a short happy life than a long one lived in fear or suffering. I am so so sorry to hear how you are grieving for your little angels, in time you will be able to smile as you remember the first time Millie purred or let you touch her or ventured out to play.  :Luv:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Thank You Helen :hug: :hug: my e.mail is the same one you send the save a life tickets to. i really am grateful cuz i gave the disc to the rescue.
Sorry by typing these i am not trying to make my self feel better just want to make sense of this cruel life Millie was only 2 she deserved more. :(
I cant go to my bedroom she should be there now waiting to be brushed and have her rescue remedy rubbed to her ear and i just cant face going upstairs.
Today to this date is 14 months since i lost Phoebe and just too much to take in, i know it gets easier with time, it has to.
Thankx :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
she was so happy here she loved chasing birds and she was a hunter. I dont know i did try to find her a home i know she is not scared anymore.I really loved my little girl :'(

That's what you need to focus on  :hug:

she is on youtube on Mayhew site for 2 minutes if anyone can save it for me please ,cuz comes tomorrow they will remove everything :(

That video says it all to me Pav, you can see how happy she was and how much she trusted and loved you  :hug:

I have googled how to do it and have downloaded a program to save videos from Youtube, I've converted it to MP4 format and Windows Media player format so you can save it as a file to be kept forever on your computer. Just let me know what email address you want me to send them to, if they're too big to email I'll pop them on a disc for you :hug:

Have also put it on my photobucket so you can watch it anywhere, anytime  :hug: http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z202/Lucas_Riley/?action=view&current=MillieMP4format.mp4 This was the original youtube link as they may only remove the video from their own website and leave it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNArvchzbws&feature=player_embedded :hug:

Such a beautiful girl  :Luv2:  :hug:

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
 :hug: :hug: so sorry thinking of you

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Thank You everyone. :hug: :hug: I know is too late now to think what if but i keep thinking what if some one else had fostered her maybe with more experience I have had cats for 45 years i always adopted older cats difficult to home and some times it took years for them to come around but Millie wouldn't let any one close i think she learned to trust me with time and i know she would have with some one else given chance. Many months ago i even bought a camera and managed to video her for 40 min she was still nervous but i thought if the rescue put the video on her page people could see she was gentle but scared. I dont know much about video and i asked a place to make a CD she is on youtube on Mayhew site for 2 minutes if anyone can save it for me please ,cuz comes tomorrow they will remove everything :( She wont be there on rehoming page. I even had the vet to do a home visit about 10 weeks ago to give her the vaccination but he couldn't get to her she went really mad even she was in a closed room in the end he said is best to leave it because he said one of us is going to get hurt she went wild but as soon as they left she was fine. I keep thinking what else i could have done cats like Millie need so much time and patience i even thoughtof takig her back home with me but it wasnt right to put hr through travel, and i wont have a garden when i move back home.Sorry i am just trying to accept she is gone and i know she was so happy here she loved chasing birds and she was a hunter. I dont know i did try to find her a home i know she is not scared anymore.I really loved my little girl :'(
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 22:32:51 PM by pappilon »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Pav, I've only just read this; I'm so sorry. :care: I don't think any words can make this better, but if you need to vent please message me. I'm sending you hugs - and Teresa is right; you never let Millie down. :care:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Aw Pav sweetheart, I'm so very sorry  :'( :'(

Please don't think you failed Millie in any way, what happened was an accident, not caused by anyone, and most definitely nothing to do with you  :hug:  You showed this little girl such love and she had come on such a long way in your care  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
So sorry to hear she didn't make it  :(  :hug: I know you probably won't be able to see this now, as the pain is too raw, but when things settle down you'll be able to see that you gave Millie everything a cat could wish for - love, affection and freedom and you absolulutely did not let her down :hug:

RIP little Millie, safe and sound at the Bridge by now, waiting until your Mum is ready to collect you xx

Remember Our Love

I was chosen that day
I'm learning to fly
the world took me away
but please don't you cry

And I chose you today
to try and be strong
so please don't you cry
and don't say that I'm gone

When you're feeling alone
just remember our love,
I'm up near the stars
looking down from above.

Remember our love
In a moment you'll see
that I'm still here beside you
when you're thinking of me.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Pa I know everyone has said it already but you really mustn't blame yourself.  You did not let Millie down ... while she was with you she was loved and happy and you allowed her to do what she did best .. BE A CAT!! 

My heart goes out to you at the terrible time and I know there are no words that will help to make you feel better at the moments.  :hug:

RIP Millie .... playheard at the bridge little soul.  Much loved and sorely missed.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Pav so sorry for your loss - you didn't let Millie down you loved her for being Millie :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Completely gutted for you Pav  :'( :'( :'(

Will post again later if I can find any words that might soothe but you simply mustn't think you had any choice but to let her outside. 

I have this minute let our Millie outside as she is also an outdoor girl and hates being kept in but also is a duvet girl on her terms.  The fear is always there that something could happen but some cats simply cannot handle an indoor life  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Oh Pav, I have just come on and seen this and am so very sorry. You gave Millie the confidence to be happy with you and live like a normal cat and not cooped up in a cage. She loved you and will always thank you for what you gave her. Please dont blame yourself, she wanted to be free and explore and you allowed her this  :hug: :hug: :hug:

RIP Millie, play hard on the Bridge and have left a pawprint in your humans heart.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Oh my goodness this is the first time I have seen this thread.....

(((((((((( PAV ))))))))))

I am so sorry, please don't blame yourself.  Millie would not have been happy indoors, you did the right thing letting her out to be a CAT !

Sending you lots and lots of love xxx

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Oh Pav sweetie I am so so sorry - please dont blame yourself Hun, the only happiness Millie knew was with you and she knew how much you loved and cared for her.

Life is just so unfair sometimes, thinking of you and sending  :hug:

RIP sweet Millie - have fun at the Bridge little one xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
 :'( :'( Aww Pav so sorry  :hug: :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Thankyou.
sorry have to logoff now havebeencrying allday and i dont feel well.Thankyouevery one. :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Pav
I just wrote you a long pm before you posted this.
Millie had the only love and happiness she ever knew during her time with you, and when you are over the shock you will begin to remember all the little ways that she told you that she loved you. Let her down, never you gave her a whole lifetime of happiness in your time together. :hug:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
so very sorry to hear your news.       RIP Millie cat you'll never be forgottenx x
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
I called the vet at 5.45 and they said Millie is taking her last breath, by the time i got there to be with her was too late :'( :'( :'( My little girl passed away alone and i wasnt there. I went and saw her i took her favourite shirt and her toy and left it with her she didnt look good they said it was nothing they could d it was toomuch for her. I was suppose to look after her and i let her down. :'(I know she is safe now.
RIP my sweet Millie.  :hug: :hug:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
aw poor baby sending lots of  :hug: x
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
So sorry to hear about Millie, please don't blame yourself accidents happen and you have done everything you can to make her feel happy and loved.

Am sending lots of  :hug: and positive vibes to help Millie and you, I hope she pulls through.

Link to CatChat