Author Topic: Mix feelings, your opinion please - Please send positive vibes for Millie RTA (Sad news- RIP xx)  (Read 35262 times)

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
I'm so sorry Pav,

Sending lots of  :hug: to you both

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
 :grouphug: Pav, you have my no if you want to talk xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
I have been speaking to the vet and the rescue,she had the pain killer and now is having oxygen still very stressed and they cant do anything because she is still in shock they said she is critical and i should prepare for worse :'( :'( The rescue is talking to their vet to see whats best to do they areconcern that she is suffering also they are considering with a cat like Millie if she needs after care and med how fare is to put her through this. oh god this is like a nightmare i cant stop thinking she is terrified and not knwing whats happening to her.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 :( Aww Pav, sending all my love and hugs to you and Millie  :hug: :hug: 

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
So sorry to hear Millie has been in a RTA -really hope she pulls through and sending mega healing vibes from me and the cats in Lincoln and loads of these  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
We have all paws crossed her at the clan for you and Millie :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Oh Pav hun  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sending over all my love and hugs to you both. I hope she will be ok hun. When did the vet say they would contact you to see how she is?

I know you will be worried sick and feeling so awful and in a bit of shock. I wish i was there to be with you.  :hug: :hug: :hug: Please hun don't blame yourself, as Helen says you care for her so well and given her the chance to see what love can be like. Cats are happy going out and i completely understand as i have been through it with Gizmo and Rio that they get very depressed once tasted the outside world and then kept in.  It's one of the hardest decisions to make for your cat - Keep in and safe but unhappy or let out and take a risk but be very happy.  You made the right one for her happiness hun as i did for my two lads.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am sending so many good vibes and love over your way and hers. Huge hugs hun  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
I'm so sorry to hear about Millie, Pav. Please don't blame yourself. Thinking of you both today.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Poor baby  :( you must be out of your mind with worry  :hug: Will be thinking of you both and sending positive vibes that Millie can pull through  :hug:

Please don't blame yourself, you have given Millie a wonderful home and an opportunity to be loved  :hug: What happened was an accident and completely out of your control, you were allowing her to be happy  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
Re: Mix feelings, your opinion please - MILLIE FOUND!! - NOW WITH PICS!Update!
« Reply #224 on: September 22, 2010, 14:20:52 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Mix feelings, your opinion . Please send some positive vibes for Millie RTA
« Reply #223 on: September 22, 2010, 14:17:27 PM »
 Millie was involved in RTA this morning, i rushed her to my vet but she didn't look good. Her left eye was covered in blood and cut and her mouth was a mess my vet said its head trauma :'( He said for now he is going to give her pain killers and monitor her she was hissing and spiting at me and the vet , i told him she is terrified of people but she is really gentle just scared. She must be really scared right now being in a different place :( I did call the rescue and told them what happened.
Millie has come along way since 14 months ago, its been slow but she has become a very confident cat, but still terrified of people she started going out few months ago and really enjoys it, i tried to keep her in but she was so stressed crying and hanging from doors and windows to go out, she comes home every eve and has her meal and then goes upstairs to my bed and sleeps on my pillow till i go to bed all night she snuggle up to me and purrs and throw her self at me but comes morning she is a different cat she acts like a ferral, in last 14 months only 2 people have come to see her but they decided she is not the right cat! i know if some one give her a chance and be patient she will come around she is so gentle but i do understand people prefer friendly cats.Last week when i went to rescue to see what else we can do for her because i am leaving in couple of months and i need to make sure she is settled taking her back to a cat cabin in rescue will make her depress and they think she will just go back to how she was :( I told them she is now crossing the road and it really worries me they said they might be able to home her in a farm ? bUT THEN SHE LOVES HER HOME COMFORT and her freedom too, i was asked if i can keep her a bit more cos they are so full till they discuss it with other officers, now i wish i hadn't she left home at 7am this morning and as usual i watched her going to back garden and the to neighbours garden and the around 10 i heard a crying i knew it was her she sounds like kitten i asked my neighbour upstairs to look from her balcony to see if she can see her and i went to the street looking some how she made it back to next door flat volt i had to put a lather to get to  her and she was badly hurt my neighbour rushed us to my vet and now she is there i feel so bad and guilty she was in my care :'( :'(and my responsibility.Please send her some vibesplease. ThankxSorry for long post when you think things cant get any worse
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 14:20:47 PM by pappilon »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #222 on: January 26, 2010, 08:07:32 AM »
Pav, I have never known a foster cat not settle in a new home, even when they have been here a year, and even the less sociable cats - and as Gillian says, you have helped her come out of her shell, which helps a lot when they go to a new place.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #221 on: January 25, 2010, 22:18:15 PM »
I just have to put my feelings on the side and accept it :( It is going to be so hard for me cos she thinks here is her home and i hate to think how scared she will be in her new place but just hope it pass.

Hopefully Pav, she won't be so scared now, because of how much you've helped her to come out of her shell  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #220 on: January 25, 2010, 21:25:12 PM »
Ruth, when i fostered Millie from Mayhew i had to sign a form , i am not allowed to advertise her . She is basicly Mayhew cat not mine and she has to be homed through them and that is a good thing because if  the owner decides no longer to keep her they take her back, they also have some thing called friends of Mayhew and you basickly pay £10.00 a year and in event of your death they take the cat back and rehome her/him even if its not their cat.
I just have to put my feelings on the side and accept it :( It is going to be so hard for me cos she thinks here is her home and i hate to think how scared she will be in her new place but just hope it pass. I dont know never done fostering before and never want to do it again. Not strong enough when it comes to animals.
But thankx for the suggestion. :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #219 on: January 25, 2010, 16:21:13 PM »
What about putting her in our rehoming sect then Pav, nothing to lose and Im sure there will be loads of peeps intrested in her!  ;) :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #218 on: January 25, 2010, 01:48:26 AM »
Quote from: Liz link=topic=26644.msg 546279#msg 546279 date=1264368931
Just a thought - the ideal solution would be for someone on Purrs to adopt Millie  ;D - We are to faraway sadly :hug:

Yep, that would be ideal ;D I can always offer a return ticket and B&B to Mayhew home checker if they happy to travel  :innocent: :naughty:x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #217 on: January 24, 2010, 23:17:50 PM »
Just a thought - the ideal solution would be for someone on Purrs to adopt Millie  ;D - We are to faraway sadly :hug:

I was actually thinking the same Liz! That way they will know fully what to expect and will not be put off if she is a little nervous!  :sneaky:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #216 on: January 24, 2010, 21:38:46 PM »
Pav
When you first asked for opinions about fostering Millie I replied that I did not think she was right for you.

WELL how wrong I was, WELL DONE  :hug:

Ahh, but how good does it feel to be proven wrong? ;) :hug: Pav, you've worked wonders with her.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #215 on: January 24, 2010, 21:35:31 PM »
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #214 on: January 24, 2010, 21:17:46 PM »
Pav
When you first asked for opinions about fostering Millie I replied that I did not think she was right for you.

WELL how wrong I was, WELL DONE  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #213 on: January 24, 2010, 19:43:33 PM »
 Thanks Ruth, just have to wait and see ;) There is always the home check that Mayhew has to do first and if they approve we arrange viewing :)

Thankyou Rosella, she is such a sweet girl :Luv: Still nervous with strangers but it takes time. Finger crossed she gets the right home.

Desley i am so pleased she doesn't have to go back to a pen but what worries me is when some one comes to see her and on the day she decides to stay out of site :scared: We just have to see how it goes and what is the best option!
As for going back still couple of months to sort out the flat and put it in the market and then see what happens but i am sure we speak before i leave :)
I hope Zia is doing well :hug: :hug:x
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 20:12:34 PM by pappilon »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #212 on: January 24, 2010, 11:05:02 AM »
I am glad she is doing well, and that they will let her stay with you while a home is found. When are you going back home?
Please spay your cat

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2010, 23:20:26 PM »
Aaw Pav.  Hope the move back home is something you are looking forward to.  Can't believe the progress you've made with Millie.  Well done!  :hug:  Isn't she beautiful  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2010, 23:06:32 PM »
Is there already some intrest in her Pav, just you saying you will get to meet the person who will adopt her?  :shify:

Im sending positive vibes so that if she has not got one then one will come along very soon!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2010, 13:16:29 PM »
Pav, you've done great with Millie and I can understand your concerns because there's never guarantees but I'm sure she will get a lovely home, lovely photos too  :Luv2:
 :hug: :hug: for you and little Millie xx
Thankx Janey. :hug: :hug: Its no guarantee but at least is comforting to know that Mayhew always takes the cat back if some thing goes wrong.I just have to be positive and wish for the best.x
Poor Boy was returned 3 times  :-:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2010, 13:04:19 PM »
Pav, you've done great with Millie and I can understand your concerns because there's never guarantees but I'm sure she will get a lovely home, lovely photos too  :Luv2:
 :hug: :hug: for you and little Millie xx

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #207 on: January 23, 2010, 12:46:30 PM »
 Yes Christine is back to Iran :) x

Thanks Dawn, i am sure Mayhew will do their best and at least i will get to meet the person who adopts her and explain all her likes and dislikes ;)

JS , i am the same.  :hug: :hug:

Thanks Gill. :hug: x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2010, 00:05:44 AM »
i understand now pav and am sure you are right  :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #205 on: January 22, 2010, 12:09:29 PM »
Oh Pav, that must be really difficult.  :hug: I'd make a terrible fosterer, the odd time I've helped a cat on Freecycle find a home and it's stayed here I've cried like a baby when they've gone to new homes.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:09:54 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #204 on: January 22, 2010, 11:37:47 AM »
Sorry to hear that your move back home means Millie can't stay with you - I'm sure the mayhew will do the very best they can for her after all the work you have put in
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:38:09 AM by Dawn F »

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #203 on: January 22, 2010, 11:22:20 AM »
i am moving back home  this year 

Back to Iran?  I didn't realise that.

i keep telling my self she will find a good home

I am sure she will but I can now understand what a wrench it will be  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2010, 23:56:51 PM »
Mayhew?  :naughty: :rofl: :hug: :hug:

With ref to.....   
There are also 2 gorgeous Persian on Mayhew site looking for home :Luv2: :naughty: x

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 00:00:10 AM by Bazsmum »

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2010, 23:54:54 PM »
Aw Pav!  :care: :grouphug:

Is your home SA too?  :shify:  :hug:
No, home is where Persian cats come from ;)  :naughty:    :hug:x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2010, 23:49:21 PM »
Aw Pav!  :care: :grouphug:

Is your home SA too?  :shify:  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2010, 23:47:02 PM »
Wow Pav....What a fantastic update!  :wow: :hug: :hug:

I am so pleased that Millie has fallen in love with you,

Millie is obviously comfortable with you, Pav.  Now, I wonder where she could find a home with someone she trusts?  :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
With me  ;D I wish but its not possible and yes Ruth(Bazmum) i'd love to have another cat or two but i am moving back home  this year  and it wont be fair on Millie to take her with me.
Its breaking my heart to see her go but i think is the best thing for her, i cried all night lasst night when i saw her on rehoming page but then i keep telling my self she will find a good home and this is the right thing.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 23:50:08 PM by pappilon »

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2010, 23:36:55 PM »
that description is just perfect except for one thing......why is a garden essential?  :scared:
Gill,it was me who told the rehoming officer i thought its important for Millie to have access to a garden, because i can see how much she loves the life out side by her reaction while sitting by window and not being able to go out atm i think she gets bored and that's why she sleeps all day, she goes to bed around 10am and some times like tonight she still hasn't been down(I have tried to play with her and keep her busy during the day but she is not interested!) Of course right now even if i leave the door open she wont go out cos she is scared of everything but i am sure she would love the out door life.
Also thats the reason i told them why i am not adopting her because where i am going , she wont be able to have access t out side and i dont think its fair on a young cat , i think we should give them the choice and if they dont want to then thats fine. I remember when i adopted Phoebe , Mayhew told me she was kept indoor all her life and they thought that was one of the reasons she was aggressive and i remember the first chance she got she went out to the back garden, didnt do much not chasing birds and runaway from Bees but she just loved to sit out and after a while she was calmer. x I might be wrong about this but thats how i feel.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2010, 23:06:20 PM »
that descrirtion is just perfect except for one thing......why is a garden essential?  :scared:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2010, 23:01:08 PM »
Her description is good, love her cube pic so much thought I would nick it and put it on here!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Your still not feeling ready for your own babe yet Pav are you...... :hug: :hug: :hug:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2010, 21:35:20 PM »
It's a nice, gentle description, Pav, and describes her to a T.

As for neighbour..... well we know that unless the cat is adorable all the time she's not going to enjoy it so don't worry. It's not a loss.  :hug:

Link to CatChat