Author Topic: Mix feelings, your opinion please - Please send positive vibes for Millie RTA (Sad news- RIP xx)  (Read 35260 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Mix feelings, your opinion please - MILLIE FOUND!!
« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2009, 23:43:53 PM »
OK Pav just listen  :shify: :shify:

Its possibly gonna take a very long time ( could be months) for her to come out when its light and you are up..................this is not a problem  ;D

Let her do everything at her pace like she is teaching you.

I think that she has come out and played at night is a great sign but now she has to learn to trust you. Do all the things you normally do in the house so she gets used to you being around and the various noises. Also lights going on and off, you on the puta, tv etc

Dont look at her even if she looks at you, always look to one side.

Make sure she has a nice box, cardboard, with sides and a top but with a hole in the side, with bedding inside that she can escape to hide. Its very important she has hiding places to escape to when she doesnt feel brave.

OK thats lesson one  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Please keep us posted on how she is doing cos I am sure she will surprise you.  ;D  what colour is she, how old, long or short fur ?  ;D ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2009, 23:31:54 PM »
Millie, comes out of her hiding when i go to bed, i leave small amounts of food and treats all over the flat so she starts from downstairs and i heard her on friday night running around and doing her claws on the carpet and in the morning i could see her fur on my black carpet where she spends time enjoying the stinkies and cigar from the shop :Luv: The best part was last night after having some wet food left by my bedroom door she just came in to the room and i could see her little head looking up and checking the bed , it was dark but we could see each other , then she just sat there and started cleaning her self and i thought that's a good sign because after having the food she could have just run back down. She did stay for a while and then some one out side slammed the front door and she ran downstairs.
Ok , now i need some advise :innocent:  What i am concern is that she stays in hiding and only comes out when i am not around because she knows there is food waiting and she is going to be safe so why should she ever come out when some one is here :scared: Can i start encouraging her to come out during the day when i am around in any way? Or is it too soon! Sorry if i dont make sense but i keep going through so many questions in my head , and i am not rushing anything just worried and want to do the right thing.
Today Ruth brought Lexy's old tree and some feathery toys for her and i am sure she would come out tonight and would enjoy , but i am really concern that she doesnt see the need to come out during the time that i am around and just wait till i go out or go to bed , oh yes and she did come out yesterday during the day just to eat but then i was out all day. So any advice on this matter would be much appreciated. Thankyou every one for helping me with Miss Millie ;) :hug: :hug: x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2009, 22:35:46 PM »
Hope Millie is a little more settled now Pav, I'm sure you'll do wonders for her  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2009, 22:27:55 PM »
So how's Millie behaving Pav?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2009, 20:48:16 PM »
Hope you have had a good day with her, I personally wouldnt bother with the T/D PAv.
Dawn - diet can help with gingivitis, if you read Dr Addie's site there are good tips - hypoallergenic foods can help a lot, Classic cat food really can help, Sam's gums stopped being red within a few days of eating it, and Applaws can also help
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2009, 16:21:07 PM »
I took Blackie in a couple of years ago at the age of almost 5 and he was that nervous he would just toilet on the spot, luckily his favourite place was laying in the litter tray!

Gradually he has slowly come round to being able to look at you and not mess him self, I have to say that the other cats have helped me also, showing him that I am not to be feared...

Its a long road Pav but the outcome is overwhelming and makes the long road all worth while!  :Luv: :hug:

From this.....

To this....

Here's a couple of links to his story!  ;)
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,382.0.html#bot

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,15801.0.html
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 16:51:40 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2009, 16:20:42 PM »
Pav we have Miss Cissy who is 15 and a feral older lady she now after a year lets me stroke her head whilst she is eating her breakfast, Miss Gracie another older lady had only 3 years with us but became an old dribble chops and had indoor out door privilages

We also adopted Lima and Clio who were aged 11 months with no human contact took 3 years for Cloio to turn and her first purr made up for all the previous hisses and Lima her brother hates women but after 5 years decided to share the couch with me both of them will be 10 in September and are wonderful tabby darlings

Time and love is what they need = both sides need to learn how to trust - I wore a lot of catfood with Ace he used to lunge at us all claws flashing he is now a swwet boy but doesn't allow any touching but most folks think he is lovely he is not just a lap cat fortunately we have nicer ones than him but he is first in the queue when I chop up the breakfast saucer treat!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2009, 16:05:43 PM »
I was so interested reading this post. At the end of May I adopted two feral eight month old kittens. Jasmine and Junior. I let them out in the house. Junior hid behind my sons bed and Jasmine behind the sofa. Within two days of me lying on the bed patting Junior and talking to him he was coming out and purring and letting me stroke him. Jasmine was a different kettle of fish - a couple of times she hid in spaces so small and secluded that I couldn't find her and was anxious that she may have gone out. The first time she squeezed behind a desk and the second time hid behind the dryer. Then she started to hide behind the sofa and I used to take food to her and talk to her. Sometimes she had such a sad look in her eyes and was very scared.She used to hiss at me.  One day however, she started purring and now is out all the time, goes up and down stairs, loves the other cats, eats in the kitchen and loves to be cuddled. She is still a bit nervy but no one would ever believe she had been feral. I can't believe it took such a little time for them to come round. Here are some pictures of them both. I am so delighted. They are beautiful. Junior has become an old silly wanting to be picked up and cuddled and Jasmine just loves to be petted and talked to.
Aww they are gorgeous :Luv: :Luv: I think maybe Jasmine and Junior were born to a feral mum out side but then rescued by the rescue home, i think in cases like this if the people start handeling them young then they have more chance of coming around than millie case which was born indoor but never handeled by people for one year, but then the positive thing is Millie is still young so hopefully with time she comes around.

I think you did a wonderful thing to take the feral kitties, its so rewarding when you hear the first purr and then cuddles. :Luv2: x

Offline pinkpandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2009, 13:25:48 PM »
I was so interested reading this post. At the end of May I adopted two feral eight month old kittens. Jasmine and Junior. I let them out in the house. Junior hid behind my sons bed and Jasmine behind the sofa. Within two days of me lying on the bed patting Junior and talking to him he was coming out and purring and letting me stroke him. Jasmine was a different kettle of fish - a couple of times she hid in spaces so small and secluded that I couldn't find her and was anxious that she may have gone out. The first time she squeezed behind a desk and the second time hid behind the dryer. Then she started to hide behind the sofa and I used to take food to her and talk to her. Sometimes she had such a sad look in her eyes and was very scared.She used to hiss at me.  One day however, she started purring and now is out all the time, goes up and down stairs, loves the other cats, eats in the kitchen and loves to be cuddled. She is still a bit nervy but no one would ever believe she had been feral. I can't believe it took such a little time for them to come round. Here are some pictures of them both. I am so delighted. They are beautiful. Junior has become an old silly wanting to be picked up and cuddled and Jasmine just loves to be petted and talked to.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 13:27:22 PM by pinkpandora »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2009, 13:18:18 PM »
I would leave them close together, say with a space between using Triggers idea as well  ;D

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2009, 13:14:56 PM »
she may have gone into the tray and let her bottie hang over the edge - I would put newspaper under and around the tray, and think about a covered one - but no flap as that would maybe be too much for her at this stage
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2009, 13:13:39 PM »
Thanks Gill. There is another one next to the W.M but has got catsan, and i think she is not use to it thats why she comes out and go under the staris. Mayhew gave me some litter they use but dont know what it is or where to get it, i am going to drive there now and get some. leave two trays in different places or next to each other?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2009, 12:53:54 PM »
Try two trays  ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2009, 12:49:03 PM »
glad she has started coming out to play!  not sure what your vet thinks but mine says gingivitis is often caused by virus and diet doesn't really do anything but logic gel helps a bit, I imagine Millie isn't a good candidate for teeth cleaning though!!!
Thankx Ruth, its nice to know that she showed some interest to the toys and catnip, but sadly she didnt use the tray for her poo, she did it next to the tray so she must be really stressed. I see if she does it again or it was an accident.

Yvone she is not out from behind the W.M but as i am typing i can hear her eating so thats good i guess.

I put the gel on the dry food and Lexy eats it so seems to work.

Glad to hear she's come out. Real
glad she has started coming out to play!  not sure what your vet thinks but mine says gingivitis is often caused by virus and diet doesn't really do anything but logic gel helps a bit, I imagine Millie isn't a good candidate for teeth cleaning though!!!

Glad to hear she's come out. Really cheeky little monkey. :Luv:
Thankx Ruth, is nice to see she shows interest in toys and the cat nip, but sadly she didnt use the tray for her poo, she did it next to the tray! I dont know if she is trying to tell me something or it was an accident, just have to wait and see.
Thanks Dawn,will just order some good dry for now and see, the mayhew told me she was on antibiotic and in some stage she will need further treatment .
Once again THANKYOU every one for your advise and support.xx

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2009, 12:29:15 PM »
Glad sanity and happiness have resumed  :hug:

Some long peacock feathers and a lot of patience now required.
Thankyou so much Teresa, i do value your advise and opinion .x
In rescue they told me to get a long feather stick and sit on the floor and just touch her with the feather, is that why i need the peacock feather?

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2009, 12:24:46 PM »
Bless her,  she just couldnt resist the catnip !   :rofl:

She is probably back behind her washing machine with one almighty nip hangover !
:rofl: :rofl:
Umm whats the cure for a hangover then ;)

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2009, 12:04:02 PM »
Has she come out from behind the washing machine yet?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2009, 10:23:55 AM »
we can actually clean star's teeth but I've heard putting it on the foot to be licked can work as well, poor pav probably has a bit of a way to go though!!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2009, 10:21:19 AM »
Thankyou so much, i will order some Hills for her. :hug:

When i came down this morning i didnt notice cos i was still half sleep, but just now on my way upstairs i noticed on the landing all the cat nip ciggars and stinkie and other toys have been moved around and there is one big patch of ginger fur there, so she must have spent a while last night enjoying the cat nips, bless her ;D And i thought i am a light sleeper but didnt hear a thing :)

;D ;D Hurrah!! She sounds wonderful.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2009, 10:20:44 AM »
Glad sanity and happiness have resumed  :hug:

Some long peacock feathers and a lot of patience now required.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2009, 10:16:24 AM »

Glad to hear she's come out. Really cheeky little monkey. :Luv:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2009, 10:11:38 AM »
Bless her,  she just couldnt resist the catnip !   :rofl:

She is probably back behind her washing machine with one almighty nip hangover !

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2009, 09:28:19 AM »
Well done to you Pav for giving this little girl a foster home, I am sure that you two will be great together.
 :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2009, 09:16:42 AM »

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2009, 09:09:22 AM »
Thankyou so much, i will order some Hills for her. :hug:

When i came down this morning i didnt notice cos i was still half sleep, but just now on my way upstairs i noticed on the landing all the cat nip ciggars and stinkie and other toys have been moved around and there is one big patch of ginger fur there, so she must have spent a while last night enjoying the cat nips, bless her ;D And i thought i am a light sleeper but didnt hear a thing :)

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2009, 08:58:33 AM »
Hills do a dry food specifically for dental problems,   Hills TD

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=436

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2009, 08:42:15 AM »
oh Pav I am so, so glad she has been found  :hug: - one of mine has gingivitis but only eats royal canin anyway so not much help  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2009, 08:13:49 AM »
I did a long post but was mixed with the quote :shy: I try to do it later but for now my question is what is the best dry food for a cat with gingivitis and she is only 1 year old. Thankyou
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 08:50:31 AM by pappilon »

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2009, 07:57:41 AM »
Thats fantastic news, you can just feel your relief coming out of your posts
Hope you managed to get some sleep
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2009, 02:19:23 AM »
Oh Kitty my lovely I owe you a big  :blow kiss: and a  :cuddle: and have a bunch of  :Flowers: while Im in the mood!  ;)

Well Yay! See Pav she is cleverer at hide and seek than you!  ;)

Im so glad that I know you are now back over the moon.....You shine we all shine! Onwards and upwards you two will go!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2009, 00:32:55 AM »
 :hug: :hug: for Pav

Have to say I'm not impressed with the Mayhew here. I've dealt with lots of ferals and there's no way I'd turn an adult feral straight from a shelter pen out into a strange house with an inexperienced tamer... it's a miracle it would ever be seen again!  :Crazy: If she was behaving like that in a confined space, what were the Mayhew expecting her to do when give the freedom of a whole flat??  :shify:

CAT77's website has some excellent advise for winning a feral's confidence. We are also here.  :hug: :hug:

Meantime, just carry on about your business for the next few days/weeks. Put food and water down, and a litter tray and hopefully puss will use it. Try not to force an interaction and dig puss out of her chosen refuge... the poor mite has a lot to come to terms with.  :doh: Best try to ignore her really...  :innocent:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2009, 00:17:26 AM »
So pleased she has been found -went to bed thinking about her last night.
They all can find hiding places when they need to and sometimes no matter how hard we look , they have hidden well !!!!
Winston had me in tears one hot summers night - i saw him near the front gate and by the time i had got outside he had literally vanished into thin air -in less than 2 minutes !!!!   I shouted him for ages (10pm still light and very warm night) , walked round the estate and fields  and back home 3 times , went back again through a cornfield up to my waist , fell in some barb wire and cut all my leg ( had shorts on !) , got home bleeding , filthy from the dust and no he still wasn''t there ( now 1am ) i am now sat outside on the door step in tears - got in the car and drove right off where i live to the road 1 mile away , opening the widow and calling him - still nothing .
Went home sat back on the door step wondering where else to look as had been everywhere -now 2am !!!- walked back round our few gardens with the torch , shone it in the shadows of peoples gardens right near the fences - 3 doors away in the shadows -one sleepy ginger head looks up and meows !!!!
I was so happy , bloody , and filthy and crying with him in my arms - all that time he was 3 doors away and i had looked there first !

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2009, 22:27:32 PM »
Delighted for you both Pav.  Hope you get a decent night's sleep  :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2009, 22:22:30 PM »
Oh, thank goodness! What a relief for you Pav (and us all here LOL!). So pleased  :wow:  :hug:

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2009, 22:19:07 PM »
Just read this thread for the first time - so pleased she's been found.
:grouphug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2009, 22:05:18 PM »
Oh Pav I'm so happy that Millie has been found .... ... I must admit I did think the chances of her managing to find an open window and get out of it in that short time was very unlikely as most scared kitties will just move like lightning to the first dark, small space they can find.  At least now you know where one of her hidey holes will be so the next time she vanishes (which I'm sure she will) you will know where to start looking for her  ;)

I'm sure Boy and Phoebe are watching you both and sniggering to themsleves, but I bet they will also get a message to Millie somehow to let her know what a great mummy you are and that she will be safe and loved with you  :Luv2:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2009, 22:02:56 PM »
what a relief - we all needed some good news tonight, and Pav really deserved a break :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2009, 22:01:17 PM »
Have a good sleep Pav xxx  
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2009, 22:00:45 PM »
Thats such good news  :)

:hug: :hug: :hug:
People Power Works!!!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2009, 21:49:19 PM »
:yayyy: Great stuff. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Link to CatChat