Author Topic: Mix feelings, your opinion please - Please send positive vibes for Millie RTA (Sad news- RIP xx)  (Read 35258 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Mix feelings, your opinion please.
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 19:43:34 PM »
I agree Pav. You have done the right thing (for the cat's sake) with your big heart. Cats really can find the oddest places to hide. When we moved here, we were convinced the removal men had allowed Clapton to escape. We searched frantically for ages until.....  :hug:

Thats exactly right Mark  ;D

I had to look for Kocka in the house so many times before the vets and I just couldnt find her but she was there, in places that seemed too small and that one thought she wouldnt be in.

You just tend to not see these places but the cats do.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 19:28:27 PM »
I agree Pav. You have done the right thing (for the cat's sake) with your big heart. Cats really can find the oddest places to hide. When we moved here, we were convinced the removal men had allowed Clapton to escape. We searched frantically for ages until.....  :hug:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 19:33:58 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 19:19:29 PM »
Like everyone else has said - I'm sure she's still indoors, somewhere! Some of mine have hiding places indoors that I still havent worked out, because there have been occasions when I have looked everywhere, I mean everywhere,  for one of them - all possible places, and then sometime later they just appear - like out of thin air, and I still have no idea from where!   :hug:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 18:54:11 PM »
Pav,  she will be indoors,   just do as T says,  relax and stop worrying,   from experience we have had cats hide in all sorts of places,   you know about Hazzle Dazzle hiding up the chimney,  well we looked for him for two days and for two days he had been sitting on a ledge in the chimney,  he was only coming down when no one was about,  he only gave himself away by weeing !,   Daisy Doo Doo got in to a opening at the base of our kitchen cupboards that you would never imagaine cat could ever get into and the kittens where always up to no good round the back of the toilet,  in drawers etc.

She will be in your flat honey dont panic

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 18:13:08 PM »
Im sure shes indoors Pav, she wont move around until the night arrives, its easy for me to say i know but try not to worry  :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2009, 18:11:49 PM »
Blimey.....no wonder you're freaking out. Seriously, my cats are far from feral and they have hiding in a house so I don't know where they are down to an art.

I'd think she found somewhere she felt safe and hankered down. Big deep breaths. :hug: :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2009, 18:00:22 PM »
I have pm'd you Pav although it is really reflecting on what other's are saying....we have 1st hand experience of ferals hard to handle cats so please take this as the best advice possible!  :grouphug:

She will be in your house.... :hug:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 18:01:57 PM by Bazsmum »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2009, 17:58:09 PM »
I am betting she is inside somewhere , in the smallest darkest place she can find. If you do go out Pav make sure every door and window is closed and the space that leads to the front door has been totally searched cos you dont want to come back and then she runs through the front door  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009, 17:57:03 PM »
Pav dont even think about opening the door, she IS in the house, ferals have superb hiding capabilities. Please trust me on this one and stop beating yourself up  :hug: You have my no. if you need to talk

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2009, 17:51:24 PM »
Quote from: Teresa Paw Cats link=topic=26644.msg 467461#msg 467461 date=1248885394
Pave right now she is too scared to make a dash for the outdoors, dont even try to find her  it will only scare her more,put food near place you left her, check all windows are closed for your own peace of mind then put your feet up and relax, a little quiet music or tv for background noise may help you both.  :hug: This is all quite normal for the start of a beautiful relationship with a feral.  :hug:
Teresa my flat is small i looked every where, i will never forgive myself if she is gone, i meant to help her and now i have ruined her life,the bedroom is upstairs and t was the top window open a tiny bit , i didnt even notice when we arrived that it was open. i have put food every where, i am going to go out and look for her. The girl in rescue said she never comes out for food if some one is around, please god let her be some where in. You are so right i didnt need this right noew.I am going to llook for her outside.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 17:36:34 PM »
Pav right now she is too scared to make a dash for the outdoors, dont even try to find her  it will only scare her more,put food near place you left her, check all windows are closed for your own peace of mind then put your feet up and relax, a little quiet music or tv for background noise may help you both.  :hug: This is all quite normal for the start of a beautiful relationship with a feral.  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 17:33:06 PM »
....And scary as it seems she is only acting normal, to what she is used to....think how she was in the pen.

There is a lot of new smells, sounds sights for her to digest....

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 17:29:22 PM »
I am sure she'll have stowed away in a dark place.  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 17:27:59 PM »
I would suggest also immediately putting some food outside near any place she could be hiding ijust in case 
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 17:20:53 PM »
Pav's ok I've just spoken to her and she's just going to move things and have a good look  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 17:18:49 PM »
For one Pav try not to panic!!! She will be laying low somewhere and I guess she will be more used to playing the waiting game than you!  ;)

Id put the food, water litter tray out as you would of....then get yourself sorted, cuppa and some food maybe? Put a radio on low (music) then just go on as you would....she may not come out as this is very early days for her, but I know she will be aware of you!

If you had a room planned for her to go into for starters then maybe just leave that room door open, after checking you are not locking her in anywhere else!

All will be okay Pav Im sure!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 17:17:04 PM »
I'm sure she's not gone too far sweetie, just found a little hidey place until she gets to know her surroundings  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 17:15:04 PM »
 Pav please don't panic, I don't think she'll have got out of the window, I think she'll just have gone to hide someowhere  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 17:07:06 PM »
oh my god i wish i had ask you Teresa, i went and picked her up she was so quiet all the ay home and i opened the carier she went staraight under the stairs in a bed i went to the kitchen to put everything and now i cant find her, i am in tears i went to bedroom and top window was open the cleaner left it open just a tiny bit i dont think she could have got out but if she has its a disaster what am i going to do i feel sick now :'( :'(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 16:50:53 PM »
Yes agree with Gillian cos the one thing that hurt me when Misa and Sasa arrived was that neither of them are lap cats and Sasa didnt like being touched and Misa was still suffering from his bad start in life. Both of them still do suffer from that, and Misa will never be a lap cat but he is the most affectionate cat when he is on the desk next to me.

Before the birmans he was even more affectionate cos he would come on my bed every night to do some needing and sucking before sleeping in the bedroom and when it was dark, Sasa would also come and sleep up there.

Of course all that has changed now cos the bedroom belongs to the birmans and the only lap cat I have is Franta.

However I think you have made your mind up too  ;D   :hug: :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 16:43:18 PM »
Interesting - Teresa's post makes a lot of sense, I hadnt thought of it from that point of view and probably would have said go for it too. Whatever you decide Pav (although I think you've already decided  ;) ) we'll all be here to support you  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 16:18:50 PM »
Pav your heart is too big  :hug: I think fostering is a great idea and having met you I know that you have the love and patience to give to a timid cat, however I also feel that Milly may not be the right cat for you, I think you need a cat to love you right now, not a feral who may well reduce you to tears each day because she is either too scared to come out of hiding or climbing the walls in fear or attempting her escape through the first open window; no I`m not trying to put you off,merely trying to get you to think a bit more because I think we all know whatever you foster will be for life  :hug:
I think you have the patience and love to give this little one but right now you are grieving so please take time to think of the worst things a feral cat could do eg. escape and ask yourself could you cope if she did because I really feel you couldnt cope with anymore pain.
Sorry if I seem to be putting you off, I`m not, I just care enough to ask you to consider your own needs too  :hug:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 15:37:28 PM »
My honest opinion Pav is that you and this little lady could do each other the world of good  :hug:

She obviously needs someone and I think you do too xxx

Good luck Hun  :hug:

I agree with Sheryl here  :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 15:14:27 PM »
I think we know already what you're going to do  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 15:07:21 PM »
I think you should go for it sweetheart  :hug:

You're not being disloyal the memory of Boy and Phoebe, you're opening your heart and home to another furbabe in need, your love will help her, and in turn her progress will help you, you have so much to give  :hug:

Funnily enough, this is something I've been discussing with J, I know Maxy boy is still with us, but you can't help talking about what happens afterwards, and we've already considered the idea of fostering as well.

You will know in your heart if you're doing the right thing, and to me, it sounds like you are  :hug: xxxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 14:38:04 PM »
Pav,  go for it,  you can make a difference to this little one and this little one can also help you.  Win-win situation  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 14:37:54 PM »
 :) Pav you know my opinions after our lovely long chat this morning and I'm totally behind you  :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 14:37:45 PM »
As others have said you are such a kind person and have lots of love to give so I think you should go for it, you can help this little one and she can help you  :hug:

I had chosen the boys within a week of losing Tiggy, it didn't mean that I didn't love or miss her just that I had room in my heart for all of them and I think you have room in your heart for Boy, Phoebe and any others that may need your help  :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 14:35:08 PM »
My honest opinion Pav is that you and this little lady could do each other the world of good  :hug:

She obviously needs someone and I think you do too xxx

Good luck Hun  :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 14:29:10 PM »
I too needed a cat as soon as we lots bluto - I don't know you but you sound like a very kind person with endless patience and maybe just what this little one needs - at least it if doesn't work out you have tried?????

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 14:17:28 PM »
Afraid I am very biased as I need a cat as soon as Kocka had gone to the Bridge and of course ferals are very hard to deal with and even Teresa has Wilma and  Monica who are still feral.

I think for you to take on a young cat on a fostering basis only............means it can go back if you cant cope or it has medical problems.....is a great idea and once safely in a home by itself it may come out of its shell. But its a big challenge and lots or ignoring, no touching and general patience will be needed.

You must check their fostering conditions though and they must be responsible and look after any health care she may need and be willing to take her back if you wish them too.

You must be very strict with yourself and ensure that your big heart does not agree to all the costs etc but I think little scared feral may be good for you  ;D

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 14:16:37 PM »
Right you know me Pav and I will give it too you straight!  :shify:

Your heart is big, your love is vast, your eye for the unwanted is sharp, your paitience is forever! Need I go on?  :shify:

You would and I know will make a world of difference to this little lady, your need to help in ways that others would just turn a blind eye is incredible and for that I congratulate you!  ;D

I dont think you are being disloyal to Boy or Phoebe, they knew you best and Im sure they would be so proud of you helping this little girl!

Im all for it Pav, I think its a fantastic idea and if anyone can change her chances and outlook on life then you will be the one to do it!  ;)

Good Luck Pav...Its in your make up Pav....this is "who" you are!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

ps. Hope it was good news for Miriam on the fostering front!  :wish:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Ok, thats what happened yesterday. I went to mayhew to feed the garden cats and  also to ask them about fostering not for me but for Miriam here so i could let her know. I asked for rehoming officer cos i know her and we started walking towards the garden and i asked her about fostering .She said she has 2 cats right now which she would really like to get to a foster home and out of the pen. One was Ben which i met on their opening day he was where all the other cats are a lovely b/w with eye problem and its been there for a very long time and not coping well cos he is depressed :( and then we got to a different section and she said check this pen, i couldnt see anything except the igloo bed i went in and next thing some thing spat at me i just jumped back and thought wow what was that :-:  The cat in there was called Milli/y and apparently came from a home with too many cats , she came with her sibbling which i think were rehomed but she was never handeled and the officer said that no one will adopt her like this and they dont know what to do with her :( I asked her age and there was nothing on her paper but she said she think she is 1 or 2 years only her name and weight 2.6 kilogram on her paper , i didnt even get to see her i walked forward and could see her eyes really scared :'( but she was so deep in the bed i didnt want to scare her, poor little one .
Well i hink you can guess the rest, at the moment i dont want to adopt a cat its just too early after loosing Boy and Phoebe and i am not sure about my plans for future but i know for sure i need to sort out the flat small work and not working right now so home most of the times.I know i cant save all the cats with problem but i kept thinking she is a young cat and if i foster her she may come out of her shell and get a chance to get a good home one day, but then i feel really guilty by bringing another cat so soon.
I told Lucy i would take her and had a call this morning saying the vet is going to examine her today to see if she is fit and well she is basicly like a feral you cant approach her, an i dont even know how she looks like. Am i doing the right thing, i have mix feeling but i cant get her out of my head those eyes ,and if i can help her. Please be honest and say what you think. Thankyou :hug:
Oh yes and i did ask about fostering  which i am going to pm meriam and let her know.
Sorry for the long post and the way i typed, just nervous. :innocent:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 19:36:33 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat