Author Topic: Non payment cat tents NAME & SHAME  (Read 43159 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: Non payment cat tents NAME & SHAME
« Reply #361 on: August 23, 2007, 20:19:46 PM »
Has any further payments been made for these tents ?

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #360 on: August 23, 2007, 19:44:35 PM »
Hi Jack. I have Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, neuropathic pain, spondylosis... shall I end there?????????  :rofl:

OMG and I've been feeling sorry for myself cuz I've got a bit of RSI in the wrist.  You have just put it all in perspective for me ... I am officially a wimp!   :rofl:

Friend of mine's got Fibromyalgia. And I'm stuck with RSI more in my left than right and I type all day - so you're not a wimp! Pain is pain ;)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #359 on: August 18, 2007, 18:33:07 PM »
. I have Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, neuropathic pain, spondylosis... shall I end there?????????

Donna and Virginia two of our fosterers both suffer from your problems. Sometime I can tell they are in absolute agony but for the sake of the cats carry one., I think the deserve a medal.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #358 on: August 18, 2007, 18:16:18 PM »
Lynn, it was the ROFL which made me wonder.

I think Purrlishious was saying there's more wrong with her, but the list is too long!

Although, that's already a pretty long list! Are they doing all they can for the pain?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #357 on: August 18, 2007, 16:51:03 PM »
>Purrlishous there's a good website that has loads of good info  ;)

http://www.freewebs.com/fibrofighters/

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #356 on: August 18, 2007, 16:39:37 PM »
Hi Jack. I have Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, neuropathic pain, spondylosis... shall I end there?????????  :rofl:

OMG and I've been feeling sorry for myself cuz I've got a bit of RSI in the wrist.  You have just put it all in perspective for me ... I am officially a wimp!   :rofl:

Big  :hug: from my and lots of kitty kisses and furry headbutts from Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #355 on: August 18, 2007, 14:10:02 PM »
Lynn, it was the ROFL which made me wonder.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #354 on: August 18, 2007, 14:05:27 PM »
I dont think anyone would joke about such a terrible sounding illness..well not unless their name was lisa aka crazycatz aka what ever other name was picked out of a hat that day.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #353 on: August 18, 2007, 13:53:19 PM »
ems, thanks; I've been much better for a long time, it was about 3yrs ago that I had those problems. Because I love my cats and didn't want to leave them to their fate, I saw my doc, who referred me to a neuropsychiatrist, but it took AGES to get the appointment.

I hope that you get some relief for your condition, Purrlishious, it sounds awful.  :hug:

Unless you were just pulling our legs.  :shy:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #352 on: August 18, 2007, 13:22:15 PM »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #351 on: August 18, 2007, 11:37:48 AM »
I think the point established is that some folks are deceitful and others aren't.

Purrlishious, what do you have wrong with you? It sounds awful. You don't have to say if you don't want to.  :hug:

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #350 on: August 18, 2007, 10:54:42 AM »
I too suffer from years of chronic depression brought on by having a dibilitating illness with chronic pain that renders me bedbound. My skin is sore all over from my hair right down to my feet... every nerve ending is screaming out with pain. My muscles are so tender & sore that I scream out in pain. I have sleep deprivation & when I do sleep I have brutal/mutilating/torturous nightmares that leave me more of a zombie during the day & have copious amounts of infections to deal with ...

I have all of this...... but I would not steal...

The registered letter I sent to Lisa was signed by a XM Pearce from what I can make out.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #349 on: August 17, 2007, 22:57:00 PM »
Depression is a terrible illnesss and one that can be unseen by those around one. I was lucky and was picked up by a number of people who helped me no end.

I watched this person post from the beginning and stopped reading any post by her becuae she was making me so angry.

The police are involved in this now and as a group we muct be careful what we say and how we act.

What she has done is not the actions of someone with depression, I think, just the actions of someone wanting to achieve some sort of fame. Hippy you are right in that in some way she has achieved that but also it has highlighted to Purrs members what can happen when trust is abused and it has brought everyone closer together I believe and also more aware.

The suffering she has caused to people on Purrs is immense and I think that it is right that there be some out pouring of feelings, within reason.

Hopefully enough money will be collected to get Lesley a lovely new cage to help her to continue her rescue work and I hope that Purrlicious will also be able to get her money back after being so generous.

I am sure this thread will die a natural death when its time is done.

I believe that the person concerned is very sick and the attention seeking is not a cry for help but part of a twisted mentality that needs treatment before she hurts anyone else.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #348 on: August 17, 2007, 17:06:00 PM »
Hippykitty, well done for seeking help. It's hard to get the motivation to even do that when you've got depression. :)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #347 on: August 17, 2007, 16:27:30 PM »
I would have just crawled into bed and gone back to sleep.

Exactly, you would not have gone on the internet day and night in different names and caused problems to the genuine people who post on there and took up the valuable time that could be spent on life and death situations.

Secondly I think when a resolution is reached e.g. money is reimbursed for cage and tents, this discussion will hopefully be a thing of a past, however until that happens i think it is everybody's nature to discuss and try and resolve it.

I agree.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 16:30:29 PM by Ela »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #346 on: August 17, 2007, 16:16:26 PM »

[it's hard work to just eat/quote]
Or not in some cases  :sneaky:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: as she would say  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #345 on: August 17, 2007, 15:36:19 PM »
First of all wanted to say to well done to you HippyKitty for getting help and (hopefully feeling much better now!)  :hug: 

My mum suffers with depression and/or some other problems and i also work in mental health so i know how difficult it can be, and i have to be honest and say that i don't believe this has anything to do with mental health problems (judging by some of the pm's i got from her after i voiced an opinion)

Secondly I think when a resolution is reached e.g. money is reimbursed for cage and tents, this discussion will hopefully be a thing of a past, however until that happens i think it is everybody's nature to discuss and try and resolve it.

Just my tuppence ha'penny worth  :shy:

ems
xxxx

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #344 on: August 17, 2007, 15:25:59 PM »
Obviously I'm not aware of the distress this person has caused.

I can only say that when I had 'endogenous' depression (what the psych called it) if I had owed someone a cage and they wanted it back, I would have just crawled into bed and gone back to sleep. I only left the house to get food from the corner shop, hardly ever bathed or washed my hair. I lived on muesli and shovelled whiskas into the cat bowls. And that was a hell of an effort. I wasn't nasty to anyone, just argumentative, in that I would ascribe negative motives to everyone, and accuse my friends of stupid stuff.
It was like I had a huge slug sitting on top on me, weighing me down. I called him Brian, after the snail in the magic roundabout, to make him seem friendly and go away. The only thing that worked was selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. After a few weeks, I felt like the sun had come out.

IF Lisa/whoever is that ill, she has some sympathy from me.

But even if she's lying entirely, I can't see what this bitterness is achieving, apart from keeping her influence going. She's still got power over people she hurt unless we let it go.

That's my opinion.

'nuff said.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #343 on: August 17, 2007, 15:01:43 PM »
sorry but I agree with the others, depression runs in my family aswell and my life has been clouded due to the effects of my mothers depression and the suffering i have endured because of that.  I also actually suffer from depression in varying degree's on a near permanent basis.  I also suffer from a medical condition ontop of all that which is of direct result but also contributes to further feelings of distress.

At the end of the day regardless how bad a person can feel unless they have totally flipped and incapable of anything which includes actually being able to make up such a web of lies then they are atleast partly responsible for their actions, this includes not organising or requesting a pick up of a cat cage.

In my opinion a person who is able to think up and be so deceitful is more than capable of sorting out the two things this thread has been about.

[it's hard work to just eat/quote]
Or not in some cases  :sneaky:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #342 on: August 17, 2007, 14:53:42 PM »
I agree with Mark, she deserves nothing.
If she was really depressed she would be hidden away at home not sat in an adult learning centre.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #341 on: August 17, 2007, 14:51:42 PM »
Why don't we rise above this?

Very difficult in this case.

I am sure if you knew everything that had gone on and read all the posts she made during her few months you may understand why people are feeling how they are.

I don't wish to sound harsh but sometimes it is very difficult. this person posted 2527 times between March and June and many  of the posts  members found very hard to believe. In fact many times it was proved in later posts that the original post was untrue. Some of the topics went on for weeks and people got sick of it yet they held their tongue. Then she started to post in different names and one name would try to defend another name she had posted in. She has over the months caused ructions time and time again over many different topics and the final  two things she has done were the straw that broke the camels back. As you say you have not read all her posts can have no idea of the magnitude of the problems she has caused.

I am a big softie but in this case it is hard to defend the indefensible.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 23:03:39 PM by Ela »

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #340 on: August 17, 2007, 14:34:09 PM »
I think the wonderful way everyone has rallied round to get me a new cage, and now wanting to reimburse Purllishious from this fund as well, has shown that we have risen above it.

The genuine members of Purrs are kind, generous and like a family that I am very proud to be part of, and yes, I DO get angry when someone trys to destroy that. >:(
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 14:34:46 PM by Lesley (Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue) »
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #339 on: August 17, 2007, 14:31:42 PM »
She deserves no "bleeding heart" sympathy. For a supposed animal lover, she hasn't shown it very well. apart from all the jekyll & hyde stuff and conning sue out of 8 or so tents, the main thing is that she didn't return Lesley's one & only cage that is used to RESCUE CATS - that alone is unforgivable.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 14:32:43 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #338 on: August 17, 2007, 14:29:33 PM »
I've followed most of the threads concerning her identity, but was not aware that she had previously caused trouble.  I certainly wasn't aware of any problems she'd caused to your rescue, Lesley, but then I don't go into the rescue department on purrs as there is little I can do, so it just upsets me. 

I can only say that when I was depressed I saw everything through dark glasses in the sense that everything my friends said or did I gave bad meanings to. I gave them an awful time. But they were aware that I was ill and took it on the chin and are still my friends.

Of course, she could have been lying about her depression; but what if she was telling the truth? We don't usually call the bluff of a troll, but give them help, just in case.

I bow to your better judgement. But what does all this bitterness say about us, and what does it achieve?

Why don't we rise above this?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 14:30:00 PM by Hippykitty »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #337 on: August 17, 2007, 14:25:25 PM »
you wouldn't want to hear what she's said about us

And threatening to report one of us (me) to the police for doing something that was a figment of her imagination.

I actually wish she had as then they would have been able to access all posts even those deleted by admin and they would have shown what she was really like. As for me I have often said I feel sorry for the girl and when posts were sometimes a little robust (possibly  deservedly) I have posted that perhaps  it should not have been said.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #336 on: August 17, 2007, 14:21:10 PM »
I would also add that it is not being out of pocket that has "miffed" me, though being a one man band rescue, every penny does count,  it is the slating of me and my rescue efforts that "miffed" me. :censored: :censored: :censored:  Her actions have also meant I have been unable to other cats, namely the ones that started all this.  :censored: :censored:

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #335 on: August 17, 2007, 14:08:28 PM »
Hippykitty, I echo what Lesley has said, you need to have read all threads to understand exactly what went on. This girl logged on here through various usernames to cause corruption and arguments, frequently.

As Ela said, people have been so kind to her and she's thrown it back in their faces, if it was me, I would not be giving the benefit of the doubt, depression or no depression, she's an adult, she should face up to her responsibities, she has made her bed, she can now lie on it.

And if you think what we have said about her is 'nasty,' you wouldn't want to hear what she's said about us :(
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 14:23:12 PM by Sarah (seldom_use) »

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #334 on: August 17, 2007, 13:57:34 PM »
I understand what you are saying HippyKitty but unless you have been involved in all the threads (including the deleted ones) it is difficult to get a full picture of the situation.  I, too, feel sorry for her in a way, but many of the things posted on here by them/her were vicious and hurtful towards me and, depression or no depression, I do not feel I deserved that and I am sure I am not the only one who feels they were treated in this way, when all they were trying to do was help someone.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 13:59:03 PM by Lesley (Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue) »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #333 on: August 17, 2007, 13:55:21 PM »
I haven't read everything that's been written concerning the Lisa/Crazycats/whoever issue, but it has been said that she "claimed" to have suffered from depression, and members have sent texts to her and had replies from her OH saying that she is "ill".

I was not going to make it public but I did not contact her she contact me by phone and was on the phone for over 18 mins. I am not prepared to write what was discussed but I will say that she knew perfectly what she was doing, and saying and also knew a way to resolve the matter.

I myself have suffered depression after being stuck in a lift  alone that went haywire going up and down  at great speed then eventually stopping by a brick wall, so I know all about that and what it does to you believe me.

but let's be charitable here.

That is the problem people were charitable to her and she abused it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 13:59:26 PM by Ela »

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #332 on: August 17, 2007, 13:48:24 PM »
I haven't read everything that's been written concerning the Lisa/Crazycats/whoever issue, but it has been said that she "claimed" to have suffered from depression, and members have sent texts to her and had replies from her OH saying that she is "ill".

I know that we're all feeling miffed at having the wool pulled over our eyes, but this person is obviously ill. Okay, I realise that may have been another lie, but let's be charitable here.

Depression is Hell!

I was depressed about 3years ago for a whole year, as I had to see a neuropsychiatrist for diagnosis and treatment because all anti-depressants lower my seizure threshold, if it hadn't been for Polly and Sam, I would have killed myself during that time. I couldn't help it. It wasn't that anything was wrong with my life, it was mucked up brain chemistry. Luckily, the pills worked.

Therefore, I can't help feeling that we're being harsh. Okay, she has left some people out of pocket, but when you're depressed you don't care about your responsibilities (except the cats) and it's hard work to just eat. So taking care of her financial affairs would be the last thing on her mind. If they're on her mind, she won't be motivated to act.

Personally, I think we should be more sympathetic. Okay, maybe I've been taken in by her "depression" line; but isn't it better to treat this as genuine, just in case it is and she DOES read this? After all, we don't call a troll a troll incase we're wrong.

Sorry if I've spoken out of turn, but I think some of this is becoming nasty. 

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #331 on: August 17, 2007, 12:49:29 PM »
Having read the general gist of this topic I'm pretty disgusted.  >:( I wanted one of the tents, but other financial issues prevented it - so I PMd Purrlishious and let her know that the tent she was holding could go to someone else, because I didn't know how long she'd have to wait for my money. Hope it didn't go to them.

And CC, you aren't daft, just trusting. I sent a couple of PMs to whoever the heck it is (Lisa,Crazycatz) if I remember rightly. My partner says I'm naive as I tend to be quite trusting, but for all the idiots that get a bit of information about you, there's two people that are genuine. So I think despite what's happened, I'll continue in my naivety! ;D

Purrlishious, I'm so sorry that you're so much out of pocket. And stealing from a rescue too...shame on them!

Your not naive JS ... well no more than any of us  :innocent:   If naivity means you are open, honest and trusting then it's not such a bad thing really.   I'm like you and tend to be quite trusting.  Usually my gut instinct and female intuition sees me OK but obviously in this case she managed to get under everyones radar and dupe us all  :(  Such a shame.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

ccmacey

« Reply #330 on: August 17, 2007, 11:45:08 AM »
FAO Jack s- things were said between us, me and whoever this person is, and I now feel pretty sad that they would lie about what was said. Speeking from my own personal experience its not a nice thing to have to face and I dont know why anyone would lie about it (wnat was said).

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #329 on: August 17, 2007, 10:31:39 AM »
I have had another thought in that the cage and the money could be taken to a vets around the corner from where I met Lisa, Animed in Arundel Street.  They know me in there and all that would have to be said is that the cage was on loan and it was asked to be returned there so tht I could collect it.

This would save any unpleasant visitsm to collect said cage or from the Police regarding the non payment for the tents.

Just an idea I thought I would put in writing here if anyone was interested.

That would conclude this matter in a sensible manner, wouldn't it?

Just to add, I hope a certain person reads this, acts on it and can learn a lesson from it.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #328 on: August 17, 2007, 10:08:31 AM »
Having read the general gist of this topic I'm pretty disgusted.  >:( I wanted one of the tents, but other financial issues prevented it - so I PMd Purrlishious and let her know that the tent she was holding could go to someone else, because I didn't know how long she'd have to wait for my money. Hope it didn't go to them.

And CC, you aren't daft, just trusting. I sent a couple of PMs to whoever the heck it is (Lisa,Crazycatz) if I remember rightly. My partner says I'm naive as I tend to be quite trusting, but for all the idiots that get a bit of information about you, there's two people that are genuine. So I think despite what's happened, I'll continue in my naivety! ;D

Purrlishious, I'm so sorry that you're so much out of pocket. And stealing from a rescue too...shame on them!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #327 on: August 17, 2007, 09:47:09 AM »
I have had another thought in that the cage and the money could be taken to a vets around the corner from where I met Lisa, Animed in Arundel Street.  They know me in there and all that would have to be said is that the cage was on loan and it was asked to be returned there so tht I could collect it.

This would save any unpleasant visitsm to collect said cage or from the Police regarding the non payment for the tents.

That would conclude this matter in a sensible manner, wouldn't it?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #326 on: August 17, 2007, 09:41:02 AM »
Blackcat makes a valid point, methinks.

I second that. Let the police deal with it (even if you were jesting). Would hate to think that this person would get away with it because we as a group have hampered it. Not preaching. Promise ;)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #325 on: August 17, 2007, 07:10:17 AM »
Blackcat makes a valid point, methinks.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #324 on: August 16, 2007, 20:56:11 PM »
LOL Sarah..i've told you to be careful with those ice cubes  ;) :evillaugh:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #323 on: August 16, 2007, 20:52:38 PM »

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #322 on: August 16, 2007, 20:52:02 PM »
well if she were to get funny atleast you'd have a distinct advantage of being physically able to run away  :rofl:

actually just choked on my drink when i read this :rofl: :rofl:

Link to CatChat