Author Topic: Non payment cat tents NAME & SHAME  (Read 43158 times)

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
Re: Non payment cat tents NAME & SHAME
« Reply #201 on: August 13, 2007, 21:04:41 PM »
They could nominate someone (lifelong purrs catchat user) to do it
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #200 on: August 13, 2007, 21:02:03 PM »
the slight down side of getting the money before sending the goods is that what if the scammer is the seller? I like the idea of purrs working as a sort of enscrow system they tell you if the money there, send the goods you tell them goods arrived and purrs release the money

yes no??

Sounds a good idea but not fair on admin as most are busy enough to start with. Different when its raising money for a charity. The auction for Ron last christmas went without a hitch and dozens of items were sold. Hard work for Gill & Tan though
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

ccmacey

« Reply #199 on: August 13, 2007, 20:59:36 PM »
I think we all know who she is, what we dont know is what user name she could be conning us with.

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #198 on: August 13, 2007, 20:57:56 PM »
the slight down side of getting the money before sending the goods is that what if the scammer is the seller? I like the idea of purrs working as a sort of enscrow system they tell you if the money there, send the goods you tell them goods arrived and purrs release the money

yes no??
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2007, 20:57:05 PM »
just catching up on this - am so shocked and angry  >:(  really hope we can reimburse people who've lost money through doing a really kind thing for the rest of us (grateful for details on how to do this safely as I am technologically incompetent!). 

Just want to say a big thank you to Purrlicious  :thanks: for going out of her way to help those of us who don't live near an Ikea and hope that this doesn't put anyone off from being generous  :hug:.

always did think that the business about not seeing her "nephew" was weird... :Crazy:

don't think we should waste anymore time on this  :censored: I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around but a real shame that everyone's probably thinking "hmm, and I wonder who she is?"  :(...

ccmacey

« Reply #196 on: August 13, 2007, 20:43:51 PM »
Who gives a pooey anyway, who is she?

Offline Catz

• Adult Cat
« Reply #195 on: August 13, 2007, 20:36:05 PM »
and to think i was shot down for shutting my cats in  their shed for a few hours plus many of us shot down for having a litter tray in the kitchen.  Atleast we dont lie and ruddy steal  >:(

Is that what she said to you?

I have two litter trays in kitchen  :Crazy: lol

Just as well I haven't mentioned that I have 2 trays in the kitchen and 1 in the bathroom. I live in a ground floor 1 bedroom flat and there is not a lot of places I can put the trays.

I think its despicable what she's done.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #194 on: August 13, 2007, 20:35:48 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :Luv:  Love you lot.  You're the best!

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #193 on: August 13, 2007, 20:32:19 PM »
We unite in genuine friendship...

ccmacey

« Reply #192 on: August 13, 2007, 20:31:19 PM »
One thing comes to mind- multiple personality disorder  :rofl:

Why waste your time, I couldn't be arsed!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #191 on: August 13, 2007, 20:24:35 PM »
well i'd prefer black myself but ya should know me by now  :rofl:

those with blue starts arent really suspicious but dont tell them i said that  :evillaugh:

I totally agree with ela's last sentiments.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2007, 20:23:54 PM »
I know this matter has put a cloud over us but we are strong and together we will win against those who try to pull us apart. Purrs is still only 9 months old and so much has been achieved by all of you out there.

Although a terrible few days this will I am sure make us stronger and bonded, also valuable lessons will be learned.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2007, 20:23:30 PM »
Ooo Sue -  :drink: :beer: :bye: :drink:   Don't let Ruth see....     :evillaugh:  She thinks I'm a plonkie!   ;)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #188 on: August 13, 2007, 20:21:34 PM »
Well  ............................

I prefer our yellow (ish) stars, don't you Lynn?
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #187 on: August 13, 2007, 20:20:47 PM »
Here here Gill... well said. Raise your glasses to 'PURRS' cheers!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #186 on: August 13, 2007, 20:20:29 PM »
Lynn!    :shify: :-[ :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #185 on: August 13, 2007, 20:19:26 PM »
Good points Gill.  Think that's what's P***ing so many of us off is the fact Tan works so hard keeping this forum the very special place that it is, and after so many people joined here after Cat Chat Towers closed their forum (bless their hearts) we felt like we had a safe haven, somewhere very much a home from home, and then someone tries to mess it all up for God only knows what purpose!   Thankfully, you're right - Purrs members are strong, they work well together and what's been achieved here since November 2006 is hard to beat.  

:boxer:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #184 on: August 13, 2007, 20:15:37 PM »
its Ok all those with blue stars arent really suspicious 

Well  :shify:............................

:rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #183 on: August 13, 2007, 20:13:07 PM »
Just been ploughing thro all this  but in the wrong order at times! :shify: :shify:

As far as we know all the IP addresses have been banned from Purrs but if you know of any names that may belong to the offending party please pm me, just incase you have seen some that we havent!

I think that this is all so very very sad that someone has been so devious as to steal from the good natured people here on Purrs.

We must take our security seriously in the future and basic things to think about, which may sound obvious but just to think about:

When sending goods ensure you get  a certificate  of posting for every item
Get the money first before sending out anything
If you see anything suspicious on Purrs tell an admin or a mod..........................its Ok all those with blue stars arent really suspicious  :rofl: :rofl:

And anything else anyone can add to the list.

I am so pleased that Purrlicious has gone to the police with this matter and hope that in the meantime the donations will be enough to reimburse both Lesley for the crate and also Sue for the tents.

As you know Tan takes this site and its work very seriously and I am sure none of you would wish to see Purrs getting a bad name. We endeavour to check people before they join but there is a limit we can do. Any trolls will be expelled immediately and also anyone who steals from the membership.

I know this matter has put a cloud over us but we are strong and together we will win against those who try to pull us apart. Purrs is still only 9 months old and so much has been achieved by all of you out there.

Thank you to all our honest and cat loving members.

Long live Purrs and all who sail in her  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #182 on: August 13, 2007, 20:01:55 PM »
None of it would fit if you can believe "Lisa" persona  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #181 on: August 13, 2007, 20:00:05 PM »
you've hit the nail i think sue, it does feel like we've been invaded and someone snooping through our stuff  :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2007, 19:58:33 PM »
Yeah, think you're right Lynn.  Just seems so..... bizarre.   It's like having some creepy perv prowling through your cupboards and drawers when you're not looking.  She's stolen from people who cared, and people who trusted.  What a sad woman.

Yes - that was it Mark, Cybil.  It was a disturbing film, but very good.  She'd suffered horrendous abuse as a child.  Weird how we both thought of that!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #179 on: August 13, 2007, 19:54:33 PM »

I watched  a film with Sally Field in it once where she had multiple personalities - it was based on a true story, and each of her "personas" was incredibly real to her.

Sue that is really weird, I was going to post about that film but had to go out. It was called cybil - one of my favourites  :Crazy:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #178 on: August 13, 2007, 19:49:59 PM »
I dont think its part of a "bigger" thing as each "crime" is too small if that makes sense, however i do believe she's a seriel small time scammer.  I know she used to be on an AOL forum (is aol still on the go ? )

I bet we'd be shocked yet again if we ever knew how many times in her life she has "robbed" other people.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #177 on: August 13, 2007, 19:46:59 PM »
I hadnt realised that this was one and the same person as Crazycats and the others.  Makes sense more now 'cos I did wonder at some of her posts.  But I still can't get me head around why she would log on using different names and different stories - you have to be very clever to try and keep up with such a multitude of alter egos.  Kept thinking about this thread while I was driving home and I kept thinking:  "could we have made a mistake?"  Maybe she has severe mental health problems?  Did she "intend" to take the stuff or is she living some strange fantasy world where she believes the stuff she rattles on about?"   But it certainly seems that it's been deliberate.    I remember well the thread about her nephew.

I watched  a film with Sally Field in it once where she had multiple personalities - it was based on a true story, and each of her "personas" was incredibly real to her.

It'll be interesting to see if the police can do anything.  Why on earth would she tell so many different stories and use so many different names?  She must have known if people were sending cheques to her they'd have her address and other personal details that might trip her up.  Unless it's some bigger elaborate scam and her address is a maildrop?

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2007, 19:42:31 PM »
have you ever watched the catherine tate sketches BC ?  they are so funny, she "dates" prisoners on death row or turkish blokes and forwards money to them etc etc and all the while its narrated in a big brother type voice...tickles me anyway  :evillaugh:

Mine are all men who are so wrapped up in their careers that they don't actually have time for dating. Or they have taken up long-distance bicycling to deal with their stress which doesn't help. Or they are cute and adorable but have no clue. By the way, the boy is back on the scene ... that last description reminded me ... :Luv:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2007, 19:41:26 PM »
Cody is flapping around looking for his setting lotion  :rofl:

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2007, 19:40:14 PM »
I must tidy my house instead of being on the puter all the time... for the filming of course.
And take my velcro rollers out.
No. 7 have got an offer on 3 for 2 so will need a new lippy...or 2 or 3 just incase I cant decide which 1 to wear on the big day.

We might not need on line dating cos when they see us there will be floods of demands to meet us. The fame, I can see it now.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #173 on: August 13, 2007, 19:37:10 PM »
have you ever watched the catherine tate sketches BC ?  they are so funny, she "dates" prisoners on death row or turkish blokes and forwards money to them etc etc and all the while its narrated in a big brother type voice...tickles me anyway  :evillaugh:

Oh yes i'd urge lesley to report this also and tell them the same person has been reported to xx police about a separate incident along the same lines from same forum.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 19:38:45 PM by lynn »

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2007, 19:36:39 PM »
Am glad that the Police will be pursuing your case Sue but was thinking that Lesley should really report the theft of the cage too.  The offence is there already, no need to wait 30 days... "A person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it". 

Agree, it will give them something to be getting on with while the time period elapses.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2007, 19:35:24 PM »
Am glad that the Police will be pursuing your case Sue but was thinking that Lesley should really report the theft of the cage too.  The offence is there already, no need to wait 30 days... "A person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it". 

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2007, 19:33:09 PM »
the desperate woman who does the online dating  :evillaugh:

Didn't know they had made a movie about me??? :rofl: :rofl: nothing wrong with on-line dating - works for me... :evillaugh:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2007, 19:31:22 PM »
can you imagine, they might "shoot" us individually reconstructing us on our computers in our homes  :rofl:  I'm thinking of the catherine tate type reconstructions of her sketch as the desperate woman who does the online dating  :evillaugh:

We could get an efit piccy done aswell

:rofl:

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #168 on: August 13, 2007, 19:23:33 PM »
How on earth would we do a reconstruction?????

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #167 on: August 13, 2007, 19:21:32 PM »
Ooohh yes, i'll tell Cody to spruce up his curls he'd never miss an opportunity ya know  :evillaugh:

She said to us she was 24 ish I think, but it was obvious she wasn't academic or perhaps even had learning difficulty's.

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2007, 19:16:09 PM »
We might even end up on Crime Watch. Must get my highlights done just in case!

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #165 on: August 13, 2007, 19:14:43 PM »
What a busy day....in purrs land.

Cant keep up with the saga...

I've missed any bits that realate to her using a learning centre. Does anyone know which learning centre she goes to in Landport?
I have to admit that her grammar was very child like in her IM's to me, so much so that I didnt understand it at times.

Lesley, how old would you say she was?

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #164 on: August 13, 2007, 19:12:00 PM »
who would have thought lisa forever would get to scotland yard  :wow:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #163 on: August 13, 2007, 19:00:47 PM »
Her real name is Lisa, at least thats the name her Natwest acc is in.

If you have her bank account details then make sure these are passed on to the police, similarly the adult learning centre will surely be aware of someone with her physical description using their computers for prolonged periods of time. While they will not be able to provide this information to any of us they will be able to pass on information to police conducting an investigation of fraud or they will be complicit in the action. I am appalled that anyone would do this sort of thing and wonder if the best way to sort it would be for one of use to provide a central finance point through which all such transactions pass so that we know the money (and goods or services) are being provided in the appropriate order. A huge task for someone and a very responsible one, but this seems the only way we can be sure charlatans do not take advantage of members. For everyone's safety such a service would require multiple signatories, and other safeguards so that if things went wrong, individuals were not placed in a difficulty position.

someone commented that is it not only us she is targetting - that is a reasonable assumption as this is clealry a well-established modus operandum so the police will be interested in this as internet scamming is a high-priority investigation (although admittedly usually the sort where it is overseas people involved). The local police may not act but I am sure Scotland Yard will have a special unit focussing on just this sort of crime.

Perhaps any such transaction could involve a donation to the central fund-raising service and thus moneys could also pass through that process??

Offline jedi one

• Adult Cat
« Reply #162 on: August 13, 2007, 18:52:30 PM »
Very sad that thier are people like this in the world but thier are dont know if thier is one already would it be worth seting up a paypal acount for the use of for any furture items.  Dont think im being weird or awkward (cant find the right word ) esp in veiw of recent events
changed to jedi one thought it was cute ie
obe - obe one kinobe the star wars thing but  not so cute now so going to change  very last time  :thanks:

Link to CatChat