Author Topic: Lying Public Angelica not good  (Read 23898 times)

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
Re: Lying Public
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2007, 10:28:09 AM »
Very glad to see that Little Angelica seems a bit brighter.

Poor little Minibuster, play hard at the bridge.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2007, 10:26:20 AM »
Little Angelica is a tiny bit brighter this morning,she has readily taken 5ml and is more active.
Minibuster her brother had some form of stroke/seizure last night, I sat through the night nursing him and praying,sadly I had no option but to euthanase this beautiful boy early this morning .

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2007, 08:26:23 AM »
how did the little ones feed through the night teresa?

hope they're both ok :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2007, 07:55:06 AM »
Fingers crossed for her, I know you will give her every chance, and for that, she is a very lucky kitten, not everyone would go to the lengths you do.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2007, 00:51:24 AM »
Fingers crossed  :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2007, 18:30:25 PM »
Yet another 3ml in, better than nothing I suppose.

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2007, 16:27:05 PM »
Hi T, just caught up with this thread.  Sorry not been around much lately but am praying that everything works out for this little girl.  Take care xxxxxxx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2007, 15:49:39 PM »
Just spent over an hour getting 3ml into her and a tiny little poop out. I love this girl too much

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2007, 15:16:01 PM »
I want my little one to open her eyes for the first time and see what a wonderful world shes got to stay around for.
If anyone can save her its you, give her a kiss from me xxx

I agree. We're rooting for you both here Teresa  :hug:
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2007, 15:11:43 PM »
Lots of positive vibes being sent your way x

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2007, 14:44:33 PM »
Just caught up with this thread and everyone here sends lots of love and positive thoughts to both Angelica and you  :hug: :hug: xxxxxx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2007, 14:36:16 PM »
Thinking lots of positive thoughts T. xxxx

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2007, 14:30:14 PM »
I want my little one to open her eyes for the first time and see what a wonderful world shes got to stay around for.

:'( Ah that made me cry T

If anyone can save her its you, give her a kiss from me xxx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2007, 13:31:31 PM »
Thinking of you and Angelica  both...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2007, 13:06:24 PM »
Just fed them and managed to get 3ml into her,her siblings take 7-8 ml. I can feel a tiny pea shaped lump am sure it is her kidney and its enlarged. Vet visiting me tomorrow to do mass 2nd half vaccinations and check  all the cats so will find out then. Thinking positive that she will still be here.

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2007, 12:47:12 PM »
Angelica is gorgeous T and you are doing a wonderful job :hug:

I hope the little one pulls through.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2007, 11:07:50 AM »
I never give up without a fight :)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2007, 11:06:06 AM »
I totally echo what ela said 2 posts down !!

:hug:

Keeping my fingers crossed for that little girl.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2007, 10:48:20 AM »
neither is a definate diagnosis and she is not suffering we fight on and pray

As she is not suffering I think you have made the right choice, then should the worst happen you will know that you did everything possible. Had you decided to let her go without a fight there many have always   been the thought in your mind, could have, would have,  should have.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2007, 10:25:59 AM »
Been back to vet with Angelica this morning,Andy is concerned about the kidneys but says to test on a baby so tiny can be very traumatic,so we are not going to do that just yet. He watched me trying to feed her and says that sometimes there is like a small band within the oesophagus which restricts the passage of food if this is the case they die at weaning time. He gave me the choice of PTS or fight on and wait and see,as neither is a definate diagnosis and she is not suffering we fight on and pray .Touch wood her brothers and sister are thriving thus far.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 08:49:41 AM »
They are adorable.

It won't be failure on your part, sometimes you can only do so much.

Paws crossed that they make it.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 07:53:30 AM »
I`ll probably lose her and I just dont cope with failure.

That would not be considered failure, it would be considered giving the little one a chance and in-spite of the vets and your best efforts if the little once does not make it, that is not your fault. At least the little one would have lost its life in a nice warm, comfy environment and loved.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 12:01:10 PM by Ela »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 07:36:55 AM »
Aww, fingers crossed for Angelica, and I agree with JS, failure isn't something we associate you, you can't always fight nature, but at least you give them a chance, that isn't failure.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 01:28:52 AM »
What scrummy little babes  :Luv:  Mine all look like little scragends and are all black so a bit difficult to tell apart as yet  :tired:  One is very small compared to the others but hopefully he'll catch up over the next few days.  Sending positive vibes for Angelica, xxx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 22:47:02 PM »
Not got individual pics of boys yet but heres the other girl, we have 2 girls and 2 boys.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2007, 22:31:10 PM »
... I just dont cope with failure.

And that's one word I would so not associate with you....failure.  :) Teresa, unfortunately you can't save everything and sometimes things just happen. Don't get me wrong, if I were rearing kittens and one of them didn't make it I'd be the same. But then my rational, level headed partner would tell me I'd tried my best and that's all anyone can do! (Hmm....what WOULD I do without the voice of reason!)

:hug: Sending you AND Dawn a hug because you've both worked your socks off these last few days and I would imagine it's taking its toll.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

MBll

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2007, 22:29:03 PM »
awww OMG shes absolutely gorgeous & hope they all survive

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2007, 22:27:47 PM »
Sadly none of these have had the best start in life but they've got a fighting chance now they are in safe hands.   One of the little one's I took didn't make it, probably the same thing as they'd gone a day with virtually nothing, one of the others is iffy as well so again, it's god will and a case of wait and see.  The 2 the lady took have also died but they died early yesterday.......so very sad as they hadn't even started their lives and already, it's been snatched away.  I'll be thinking of Angelica who is absolutely gorgeous I might add, and fingers crossed she'll make it, xxxx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 22:23:36 PM »
Guess I had a bit too much steam .
One of the babies little Angelica is not thriving like the other 3 and is very difficult to feed,vet thinks her kidneys may be failing due to being dehydrated when I got her. I have been warned I`ll probably lose her and I just dont cope with failure.

ccmacey

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 22:17:40 PM »
Maybe mum cat give birth in this womans house then left to go to get fed at the other house?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 22:10:54 PM »
Sorry this thread was not meant to start a row.
Truth is I am so worried and tired I took exeption to one of the replies and got annoyed which I shouldn`t have done.
For this I am sorry.
For the sake of the cats lets keep this friendly.
I am now off to vets for emergency and feel bad enough about all thats gone on.
I may not seem it but I am human like everyone else and right now I`m cracking under the strain

There are no rows T, we've had a lot on our plate lately and I know I was a little bit tetchy in Manchester the other night so if you're apologising, so am I  :hug:  Try and keep your chin up, chill out and count to 10......if you need a chat, you know where I am  :blow kiss:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 22:08:33 PM »
T def no row seen here hun and thats' what this forum is here for, for you wonderful angels in rescue to let off steam when you need to and for us lot to support you as much as we can by fundraising and listening and anything we can do to help.  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Mags will split this thread as ya requested hun so you have a sep one re the fundraising ideas. Have the new spilt thread renamed it as fundraising ideas. If ya want that changed, pm me hun.  :Luv:
I think it's brill you are trying to help rescues more and more fool them in your area if they won't take that help.

I would def be very interested in any fundraising ideas as we are planning regular small ones like the cat show a year (hopefully 4 in a year) together with the annual Purrs printed project, Purrs xmas auction and shop and grateful for any ideas for the small fund raisers we can do on Purrs say with a £1 an entry.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 18:56:52 PM »
Sorry this thread was not meant to start a row....
I may not seem it but I am human like everyone else and right now I`m cracking under the strain

Teresa, dont be daft, hun,  :hug: :hug: :hug: there is no row here that I can see.

I think we see these spectres when we are tired.  As the late, great Dave Allen would have said "May your God go with you" (you know why I choose to put it like that  :hug:)

xChristine
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 17:44:45 PM »
I am now off to vets for emergency

Hope the cat you have taken to the vets is OK.

and feel bad enough about all thats gone on.

Don't feel bad hopefully  some good will come out of it, and lessond learned. I find the problem often is the CP send advice on how do do things correctly to the Co-ordinaters but unfortunately some Co-ordinators do not pass on that information. (Although a lot of it is common sense and they should know anyway). I have noticed during the time I have been on here comments made by fosters and I know CP do not work that way and that the branch  Co-ordinator has obviously not ensured all volunteers know CP policy and any new advice.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 17:54:46 PM by Ela »

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 17:07:00 PM »
Sorry this thread was not meant to start a row.
Truth is I am so worried and tired I took exeption to one of the replies and got annoyed which I shouldn`t have done.
For this I am sorry.
For the sake of the cats lets keep this friendly.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 16:43:43 PM »
I had this a while ago with the CP leaving a feral mum  >:(  >:(  I had a phone call from a company and they'd found some kittens in one of the containers after the weekend and no mum and she had no access in.  The guy had already handled them when he phoned me, I asked him to put them outside in a box and hopefully their crying would bring mum back.  She hadn't had access to them since the Friday night, this was now Monday.........it was a nice day, and sure enough within minutes mum had appeared, took one of the kittens out and placed it under a portacabin.  I was on my up there but the guy had phoned CP prior and they'd told him they weren't sure when they could go out.  When I got there, CP had arrived and surprise surprise, they had now taken all the kittens including the one mum had rescued  >:(  >:(  Rather than giving her time to collect all her babies and get them safe, they couldn't be :censored: basically.  Mum typically scarpered which was to be expected when they grabbed a baby from next to her.  I was so angry I did phone up and give them a  :censored:  Their excuse was that there was nowhere safe for mum to retreat to with babies, which was a load of old cobblers.  The place was full of portacabins and if they'd have been patient, mum would have come out with the temptation of food and they could then have got the babies and mum and they could all be reunited.  This always upsets me when I hear of this happening, I have heard mums calling for their little ones when I've been trapping, and the sound is pitiful  :'(  

T, if possible, I would still try to attempt to get mum if the guy is happy with this.......I may be able to get someone in that area that could give it a go, xxx
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 16:45:28 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 16:29:49 PM »
Thats a truth!
thanks to Cheesecat Dawn , our website is going to be done!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 13:41:38 PM »
I have had to deal with several ferals lately that CP have been and taken the kittens and left the mothers to get pregnant again

Message I have sent to CP HQ:-

I go onto a cat forum that has almost 800 members, some are CP volunteers and also many other rescues are represented. Occasionally there is something about CP that is not too complementary or simply untrue and I try to put CP stance on things and the reasoning behind it. However, I find myself being unable to defend where it is said the CP  have removed kittens from feral mums (on more than one occasion and maybe different branches) but left mum and not bothered to go and trap her  to have her spayed.  This in my opinion is indefensible. I wonder of something could be put in the next Branch Circular stating that it is imperative the mums of any kittens taken must be trapped and spayed. Even if it means mum is returned to site after recovery. I must say we in Chesterfield would go on to trap every cat in the colony and no we don't have a lot of volunteers, but the sense to know that the cat population will never decrease if we do not neuter and spay all the ferals and strays and pets cats come to that. We know that cats will never die out as there are to many irresponsible people for that. However, by leaving ferals that we know about we are also being irresponsible.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 14:52:48 PM by Ela »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 13:21:51 PM »
I have had to deal with several ferals lately that CP have been and taken the kittens and left the mothers to get pregnant again

That is a disgrace they should be ashamed of themselves. I will contact CP HQ and ask them to put something in the next Cat News about this.

Please get out there in the field and do it.

That is the problem there are too many people thinking about helping but not enough doing any more than thinking. In other words gunners but never taking aim and firing

I think in this case however, the woman who phoned you added to the problem and also if she did remove them from mum or where mum had left them she put their lives ar risk. What she should have done is report a mum with kittens living outside and then leave the rescue to decide the best course of action.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 12:22:29 PM »
Possibly if mum had been able to be trapped then it mght have been abit more hopeful. however as she was too shrewd for that to happen immediately you couldnt have left such young babies when they'd already been away from mum for a couple of days..Unfortunately her milk supply would more than likely have been very poor as it hadnt been given the chance of coming in properly if that woman took the kittens away before proper milk was coming in (lets hope they actually managed to get some colostrum) 

Link to CatChat