Author Topic: Lying Public Angelica not good  (Read 24048 times)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Re: Lying Public
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 12:04:01 PM »
Ela if I could have reunited mum and babies it would have been done and believe me we tried very hard even getting babies to cry out,if that cat is the mother she is not interested,the kittens were in poor condition,dehydratied with diarrhoea and unwashed at the end of the day I had to make a decision; at least I tried certain other groups were asked to help while cat was pregnant and declined.
Signing over forms - yes I have them, everything here is done properly paperwork, bank account, proper isolation facilities ; however its rare for me to visit a home to pick up unwanted cats; I take mainly the desperate cases that others have already refused genuine strays and ferals.
Its a pity all CP branches dont work to your high standards because I have had to deal with several ferals lately that CP have been and taken the kittens and left the mothers to get pregnant again. In fact that reminds me I still have one to trap where CP only took kittens a couple of weeks back.
We can all but do our best and if anyone can do it better then Please get out there in the field and do it.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 10:43:07 AM »
have no reason to suspect this is not on the level but have so many alarm bells ringing and I don't know why!

It is that good old rescue gut feeling. ;D

We've just created a 'hand over' form , so that people have to sign as being the legal owner of the cat or that the cat is a stray.

With Cats Protection every cat has to be legally signed in and then on the form there are spaces to write all treatments given and dates. Also in this way you have a full record for when the little one is re-homed on or indeed if sadly it had to come back into care at any time.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 10:46:51 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 10:41:43 AM »
;we had gone beyond the point of re introducing, I suspect

Hope you don't mind me asking but why would that be?  We have loads of similar cases both feral and 'normal' especially at this time of year, some have been almost a week before mum has been trapped and in one case much longer, however I cannot remember a single case where the reintroduction has not worked out. Although sometimes we have needed to top up the milk supply at least mum is washing and keeping the little ones warm and teaching them lifes skills.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 10:38:55 AM »
At least the kittens are now safe. We've just created a 'hand over' form , so that people have to sign as being the legal owner of the cat or that the cat is a stray. Do you use anything like that? Its so new I haven't used it yet (forgot yesterday when we went to pick up a cat).

I have a bad feeling about this group of cats I offered to take in including a mum ans some 4 week old kittens. I emailed to say that I could only take them in up to midday sat and received a reply to 'yes please take them in I can't aford to keep them' at 1pm. I replied asking for a phone number and address and have not yet heard anything back.
I half suspect she is trying to sell the kittens - in fact there was an ad in yesterdays paper - maybe I will phone later.
I have no reason to suspect this is not on the level but have so many alarm bells ringing and I don't know why!

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Lying Public Angelica not good
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 10:05:04 AM »
Earlier in the week I had a call from a woman to say she had found 4 kittens under a bush,I told her they would have a mother cat around and to keep an eye out until I arrived with a trap approx 1 hours drive away. Her response was to tell me the kittens did NOT have a mother they had been dumped in a bag under the bushes. I mistrusted this woman suspecting her own cat was mother. I arrived at the place to find the 4 kittens in womans living room with faeces and urine over them,they certainly looked like they had not had an attention for a while. I asked to see the womans cat which turned out to be a kitten definately not mother to these.She had been trying to feed Whiskas milk unsuccessfully. With no sign of any possible mother I took the kittens home as they urgently needed fluids and cleaning up.
On Friday afternoon I had a phone call from a man accusing me of stealing kittens, turns out there was a feral mum in the next street that he was feeding and her kittens had been stolen. We rushed back with a trap but mother cat wouldnt go in far enough,even tried to tempt her by showing her her hungry kittens; once she saw the kittens she ran off;we had gone beyond the point of re introducing, I suspect the woman had taken the kittens quite some time before she phoned me.
Mum will be trapped in a week and spayed and the kittens are being handreared,all so needless I would have preferred to take the mother and allow her the pleasure of her babies.

Modifyed to add the kittens were only 3 days old.
Babies are doing ok, but I so hope the lying woman gets her just desserts
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 12:36:53 PM by Tan »

Link to CatChat