Author Topic: Waltham Forest Cats (London UK)  (Read 167256 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Waltham Forest Cats (London UK)
« Reply #1235 on: October 16, 2018, 09:07:57 AM »

Apologies that I can't help with an update Paula  :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #1234 on: October 16, 2018, 00:31:46 AM »
Apologies, pressed the back button, so double posted.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #1233 on: October 16, 2018, 00:30:09 AM »
Please could we have an update of what is going on? :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1232 on: October 16, 2018, 00:17:41 AM »
Please could we have an update of what is going on? :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1231 on: July 25, 2018, 09:57:38 AM »
[size=14pt

Sheila, I know things are way too hectic for you these days (but in a satisfyingly good way, compared to the old 9 to 5). 

Nontheless, I hope each day is proving to be deeply rewarding, and that the house is becoming "home" in every way possible.   :hug: :hug:  Thinking of you and all the WFC crew. 

[/size]

I echo Sues best wishes Sheila.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #1230 on: July 24, 2018, 07:00:32 AM »

Sadly, I've found that people all too often judge people by their looks , and will judge animals in the same way.    It's their loss.  There is a comment which will always stick in my mind, which goes:

"You all laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at you because you're all the same."   

Personally, I hope Pi doesn't use their garden as a loo, as this will probably exacerbate their feelings of revulsion and hatred.  Instead, I hope Pi launches into a charm offensive, and opens their hearts to what's possible when you look with more than just your eyes.

Sheila, I know things are way too hectic for you these days (but in a satisfyingly good way, compared to the old 9 to 5). 

Nontheless, I hope each day is proving to be deeply rewarding, and that the house is becoming "home" in every way possible.   :hug: :hug:  Thinking of you and all the WFC crew. 

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1229 on: July 24, 2018, 01:30:41 AM »
One of Pi Rats eye orbits is too small so the third eyelid is permanently across his eye by about a quarter so he is partially sighted as well, he is my Baby Boy and I love him. He is such a sweetie. :Luv: I can't believe that some people judge animals or other people purely on looks. :censored: Long may he carp: :naughty: :evillaugh:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #1228 on: July 21, 2018, 21:26:04 PM »
I fostered a cat once who had had an eye injury so had a funny eye and one of the volunteers was quite off about him, saying he was ugly and wouldn't find a home - I thought it made him look endearing! Mind you, she also told me I was wrong for having Pebbles' leg amputated, saying I should have PTS instead! Needless to say we didn't speak much after that.

I'm not surprised!   >:(

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #1227 on: July 21, 2018, 18:19:37 PM »
I fostered a cat once who had had an eye injury so had a funny eye and one of the volunteers was quite off about him, saying he was ugly and wouldn't find a home - I thought it made him look endearing! Mind you, she also told me I was wrong for having Pebbles' leg amputated, saying I should have PTS instead! Needless to say we didn't speak much after that.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #1226 on: July 20, 2018, 20:59:00 PM »
THAT IS SICK PAULA AND ONE EAR I AM SURE HE LOOKS CUTE

ITS HIS NATURE AND HOW HE ACTS THAT ARE IMPORTANT AS YOU KNOW, LETS SEE A PIC OF HIM  ;D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #1225 on: July 20, 2018, 20:45:38 PM »
Evil witch indeed!  >:(

Our son was 7 when Chivvy had his accident. He didn't look too pretty when he came home from 'hospital' - he had a large wound where his leg had been amputated, his broken jaw was crooked and he drooled a lot. Son said that he had been a bit afraid of Chivvy at first, because he looked different. Then he realised, it was still the same old Chivvy. Of course, we then had a conversation about how that can also be applied to people who look different. If a 7 year old can 'get it' how can an adult be so blinkered?!

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1224 on: July 20, 2018, 18:55:40 PM »
Sheila, it was brought home to me today how unfair people are to cats who look a bit different. The  :censored: wotsit across the road saw Pip for the first time and asked if she was mine, exclaimed over how pretty she and Bob are, they love Emo too, she went onto say how horrible and ugly 'the one with one ear' was. I honestly didn't think when you said he'd be hard to rehome how shallow people are. He is the sweetest little-ish cuddlebum kitten cat. She loathes him with a passion because he looks a bit different, I think she is an ugly person inside and out, but I do try and overlook her flaws. At least Pi has a beautiful sunny nature. I think he is a hansum boy as well. ;) Evil witch!!! :mad2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #1223 on: May 11, 2018, 07:09:17 AM »
Sending lots of Happy Friday vibes to all at Waltham Forest CP, and hoping all those currently in your care are managing to hold their own, or are putting best feet forwards towards finding their new forever families.   :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1222 on: May 03, 2018, 10:31:20 AM »

What a roller-coaster journey. 

Feel so sad for Mark, and so admiring of his ability to get on with things amidst all of the bad news. 

Love the piccies.  What gorgeous babies.  So pleased the trapping was a success.   ;D ;D

Think I'll pass on the cat litter cake, too.   :evillaugh: :sick:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1221 on: May 03, 2018, 10:07:42 AM »
Thank you for the update Rosella.

Sending much love to Mark  :hug:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #1220 on: May 02, 2018, 20:39:50 PM »
Thank you for the updates Rosella.  :hug: :hug:

Not sure I fancy the cat litter cake  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1219 on: May 02, 2018, 15:46:39 PM »
HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sheila has found mum's 3 kittens in the top deck in the roof space! All 3 spotted and around 7 weeks old   :wow: :wow: :wow:

and mum  :wow: :wow: :wow:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1218 on: May 02, 2018, 15:40:44 PM »
 ........ and I sincerely hope our fabulous Mark doesn't mind but Jessie was such a very beautiful girl  :( :( :(

RIP sweet girl.  Much loved and sorely missed by your dad  :blow kiss:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1217 on: May 02, 2018, 15:38:17 PM »
pics  :Luv2:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1216 on: May 02, 2018, 15:37:39 PM »
pics  :Luv2:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1215 on: May 02, 2018, 15:33:25 PM »

Sorry folks  :-[  as always, purrsonal life has interfered with me posting updates. 

I thought this time I would give you a flavour of what I'm up against trying to keep track of WFC activity which is just so very full on ......... day in day out.  This is just snippets from the past three weeks.  I have to say I am just in awe of the dedication shown by this group of fabulous people and simply do not understand how on earth Sheila keeps track of everyone  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: 

11 April Waitrose Community Fundraiser cheque for £500  :happy dance:

12 April Nancy has a spay scar! Yaay no cutting for her  :wow: Mindy all sorted and ready for RSPCA Chelmsford. Buttercup in for exploratory spay, chip and vaccine then she can go with P's 3 to CP Adoption Centre .

Poor Mark had a major gas leak going to cost major ££££  :scared: :scared: Looks like all floor boards got to come up to find it!!!

Quidlet is with new mummy and daddy hopefully settling in.

13 April Pregnant & tame Daphne taken in.  Feeder agrees to adopt her in due course.  Also able to trap a young mum whose last remaining kitten sadly found dead  :'( :'(  but did get mom off the street.  Happily local care home agree to take her and her 3 young siblings on so ........ Esme, Papa, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot assured of a far better life  :) :)

14 April Trap set for the final of 4 kittens to be rehomed as prison cats

15 April Whilst most of the world lies in bed, Mark traps another 3 cats by 8.40am!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Two cats collected due to elderly owner having a stroke.  However .........very sad end to the day having lost little Blanco (one of Kipper's babies)  RIP baby  :'( :'(

19 April Hence, the amputee, leaves for his convalescence whilst his pelvis repairs. Later told he has settled brilliantly  :) :)

Another four taken in.  Little Creole was wearing a horrid blue flea collar and her three "shitty spitty"  :-: 5 week old kittens Maui, Molokai and Hilo are now safe in Sheila's lovely garden pen  :Luv2:

20 April Advert spotted from someone who "needs the kitten gone as off on holiday for 2 weeks so no one to care for him" ........ nice  >:( >:(

New boy Eric to go to P for continued cage rest (fractured pelvis) but he's in Sheila's little crate for tonight and can go tomorrow afternoon. Charles and Dianna have both managed to solidify their poops so should be ready for the adoption centre on Monday.  Babies (Blanco's siblings) Beyoncé and Niño are hanging in there, giving fosterers premature grey hairs but at 3.5 weeks are now up and mobile, listening and responding. (Nino breathing normally again by last Friday  ... phew)

Rio and her baby Little Rio are all done ready for the adoption centre.  Camo has been signed off after her hernia and early spay so she's good to go when she's stopped fiddling with her stitches. Mister Pusskins now at the adoption centre and is sticking by Nancy in ISO who is fighting suspected FIP. A mixed week, some wonderful stuff  :wow: :wow: and some utter heartbreakers  :( :(

24 April Black male Macho, b&w female "Letice" Further black male "Greebo" and pregnant female "Wendy" also captured. Two or three more still out there  :scared:

25 April 9am Little "Wednesday" brought in ....... a little sneezy but cleared up a few days later  :)

27 April  6 cats left behind after owner moved into care and new owner will not allow access to the house or grounds  >:( One supposed pregnant. Disaster waiting to happen. Permission from next door to trap out their back yard.

Saturday 28 April Three cats now at RSPCA adoption centre for processing.  Seymour gone over to a fosterer who has a furnished cabin. Never seen a cat change so fast from grumpy unsociable to happy cuddlebum  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Sunday Trying to trap mom and 3 weaned kittens but only able to get mom

Monday Tracker installed on the mom and released.  :crossed:

Tuesday Mark's darling cat Jessie taken seriously ill last night and had to pts today.  So incredibly sad and unexpected  :'( :'(  So easy to forget that this wonderful bunch of people have their own lives and much loved ones too.  Heartbreaking  :( :(

Today Another busy day ahead. Injured tom cat safely delivered to vet and a mum cat plus kittens coming in.  Off to one of the wonderful fosterers for the night.

Owner of property where mum (with Lokater device) and 3 kittens are hiding has called to say WFC can have his keys to get in  ;D 

Sheila has smashed the screen on the "Cat Phone" a short time ago which I assume is the official CP mobile communication phone ....... I daren't ask if she did it on purrposs to get some rest  :shify: :shify:

As I type she is trying to find the mum cat with the tracker fitted but no luck at present  :(  Called for help and Musketeer Mark on his way ...... following Jessie's private cremation.  The man is a saint  :Luv2: :Luv2:

I'll leave you with pics as always of the furries helped by this wonderful team  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: and also a delishuss cake baked for one of the vets  :scared: :sick: :sick: :sick: :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 15:35:46 PM by Rosella moggy »

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #1214 on: April 10, 2018, 20:53:37 PM »
Ah, that's good news Rosella  :) :)

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1213 on: April 10, 2018, 08:06:21 AM »
So pleased about Quidlet.  She's beautiful.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1212 on: April 09, 2018, 21:29:14 PM »

Seems Quidlet returned from last adopter as didn't get on with other cat.  Have seen a video of her with new fosterer and she adores fuss and it seems tummy tickles so looks like last home just wasn't to her liking.  She really is the most gorgeous little lady  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1211 on: April 09, 2018, 20:34:59 PM »
Good job we didn't return Sky for 'hiding away'! The RSPCA told us she was 'shy', not 'terrified'  :( Poor little Quidlet  :'(

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1210 on: April 07, 2018, 20:53:57 PM »
I really would offer Quidlet a furrever home, endless patience have I, channeling my inner Yoda, ;) but as I have three new, temporary, arrivals at the end of the moth, not ideal for a nervy cat. :'(

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #1209 on: April 07, 2018, 20:28:49 PM »
Your last paragraph makes me a bit cross Rosella  >:( Returned because she was hiding  >:( All she needs is a bit of time and patience. She's a stunner too  :Luv: :Luv:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1208 on: April 07, 2018, 16:00:22 PM »

Not exactly an enormous surprise to hear that Abraham is now indoors with Sheila and disgracing the spare room  :innocent: Love ya Sheila  :hug: :hug: 

Last Thursday saw 6 semi feral cats happily evacuated to the Welsh valleys and 5 back to WFC for rehoming. That's 11 cats helped directly and 6 more able to take their places, so 17 helped in total. Mark and Sheila endure these long gruelling days because they make a significant difference to so many cats in one hit. It's painful but it works brilliantly. The new 5 cats were shared with the foster army on Friday  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Other recent activity includes .....

Bod & Jemimi left for their new home. 

Bungle and Zippy also waved off to their respective homes.

Camo the kitten is receiving the WFC "be a nice kitty" treatment  :shify:  She is a feisty, super playful ankle grabber and very independent. Walks around with her chest puffed out  :disco: but also loves cuddles.
She has an umbilical hernia to be sorted out when she is spayed. This may be part of reason she isn't hugely keen on being picked up atm.

The hunt is on for a home for Sooty  :wow:

and it looks like Nala may not be going anywhere after all ....... another failed fostering situation brewing up if she can settle with other permanent residents

Quidlet sadly comes back today from her second lots of adopters as she just hides away  :(  Some magic wand action required (properly socialising before its too late) from new WFC fosterers.  Purrfectly OK with other cats and friendly with people when she overcomes her shyness so fingers crossed she can gain some confidence soon.  Following is a pic of when she were a little more wee but a real heartbreaker 
:catluv:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1207 on: April 05, 2018, 20:25:49 PM »
They are beautiful beyond words!  :Luv2:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1206 on: April 05, 2018, 19:39:53 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1205 on: April 05, 2018, 12:40:23 PM »
how adorable  :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1204 on: April 05, 2018, 11:47:41 AM »
 :wow: :wow: :wow:  Cheers Rosella, was just thinking about these little beauties this morning.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1203 on: April 05, 2018, 11:04:09 AM »

Snowy and her 5 babies who are soon to be named  :Luv2: and baby Nino who opened her eyes for first time this morning  :Luv:

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 11:05:51 AM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1202 on: April 05, 2018, 07:03:30 AM »
Makes you want to :car: to Waltham Forest these photos, doesn't it.

The sheer amount of hard work these guys do is incredible. I hope that Daves :naughty: hand is healing well now. :hug: :hug: :hug: :Luv:

Sorry Mark. :evillaugh:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #1201 on: April 02, 2018, 20:10:41 PM »
Thanks for another update Rosella and the piccies  :Luv: :Luv:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1200 on: April 01, 2018, 10:19:20 AM »
 :wow:  Penny is a chip off the old block, in't she?  Two beautiful cats.   :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1199 on: April 01, 2018, 08:14:38 AM »

Kipper and Penny (her daughter from a previous litter) reunited for Easter Sunday  :blow kiss: :blow kiss:

Am sure they will look happier before too long  ;) .......... bin a lot goin' on

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1198 on: March 31, 2018, 10:50:19 AM »
That's terrific news about Hench - so very glad at this turnaround on fortunes for him.  Sending lots of positive vibes his way.

And as for Kipper and her babies - they are just scrumptious - especially the little white baby who reminds me of a Baby Yoda.  In the best possible of ways.   :Luv: :Luv:  I shudder to think what she's  been thruogh, and am very glad the outcome wasn't as bad as it might otherwise have been.

All of these lives, so precious.  Mark, am sorry to hear about your thumb, and hope it begins to recover quickly.    :hug: :hug:

Kipper is very similar colouring-wise to Boris, bless his beautiful soul ....   xxx

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1197 on: March 31, 2018, 08:21:34 AM »
Me too Paula!

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1196 on: March 31, 2018, 06:27:46 AM »
Heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time.

So glad that Hench was bruised rather than permanent spinal damage. :blow kiss:

I am filled with admiration for all at WFCP, I don't think I could do what they do. I would just end up a blubbering wreck.

Link to CatChat