Author Topic: Waltham Forest Cats (London UK)  (Read 167816 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Waltham Forest Cats (London UK)
« Reply #1155 on: January 30, 2018, 13:04:50 PM »
does anyone know the best way to contact Sheila, a friend of a friend is looking after loosing her cat last week

Offline pandorawarlord

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: buttonchops, jeronimo, symphony, tenini, montymunchkin
« Reply #1154 on: January 25, 2018, 11:47:27 AM »
glad she is now with Sheila, it seems that after all these years people still do nasty things to pets

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #1153 on: January 21, 2018, 07:30:31 AM »
Gotta say that made me swear vividly.  That someone would do that to such a vulnerable little scrap!  Makes your blood boil.   >:(  She's a little beauty

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #1152 on: January 20, 2018, 19:06:42 PM »
Poor little Paulie - but how lucky she is to have been found by Sheila! Such a stunning little girl, I think you are correct in saying that she won't be long without a forever home.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1151 on: January 20, 2018, 08:48:14 AM »

I've started using the RC Calm on Groucho Bob and Dinah to try and settle things down. Things do seem a bit more settled.  I've asked Lyn if she can add to WFC Amazon wishlist to help settle any "Wolverine" furries that come along in future.  He was quite challenging so very much hope the adoption centre found him a slave who can cope well. 

Would be great to get the 15% discount currently available for first time customers of Fetch though using "Welcome15" code at checkout.

In any event let me introduce you to Paulie.  Circa 8 weeks old, currently weighs .8 of a kilo and found in a dumpster on a local tip.  Simply beggars belief  :(

She is now with Sheila.  Very thin with very knotted, extremely long fur.  I suspect it will not be difficult finding her a home although she will require religiously regular grooming.

Sheila ponged a bit of fish following this little girl's rescue  :faint:

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:28:47 AM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #1150 on: January 16, 2018, 13:44:10 PM »
I’ve used the RC Calm Sue, I didn’t use that much on Lucy so I didn’t think there was a difference till we had to stop it 2 months later with her kidney diagnosis. My friend had it recommended by the behaviourist for her cat who was toileting inappropriately.
Please spay your cat

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #1149 on: January 15, 2018, 23:44:19 PM »
Just thought  would give Sheila a quick update on the Goring branch.  ;)

Pippa feral (?) has had her evening cuddle, purring in my ear, as has Pirate. Both hung around for more fusses under the chin and around the ears. Merlin is nowhere to be seen as he is on the bed with OH. OH goes to bed early and Merlin goes with him, makes it interesting to say the least when I try to get in and contort myself between him and Bob. Can't disturb the cats y'know. :evillaugh:

My WFC's are a constant joy and I can't thank you enough Sheila.

I am so pleased that you and your trusty band are helping so many other people find their Furrever Friends. :hug: :hug: :Luv:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #1148 on: January 15, 2018, 19:07:49 PM »
Thanks for the update Rosella  :hug:

Lots of lovely puds going to new homes  :Luv:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #1147 on: January 15, 2018, 17:47:39 PM »
Thanks for the update Rosella. Well done to all concerned with the latest adoptions  ;D

I do hope the CH cats return home soon  :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #1146 on: January 15, 2018, 17:20:28 PM »
Hmmmm.  Good to know Dawn.  Thanks - I think we'll give that a go to see if we can stop Barley-Gurley from being so flighty.  She's very affectionate these days, and loves her cuddles, but if we move around the house she does take fright still.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1145 on: January 15, 2018, 15:58:21 PM »
oh no, she has wet food but that is the only dry I have down, they all have a nibble but its definitely not the main food

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1144 on: January 15, 2018, 15:37:55 PM »
Dawn, out Of interest, is that all you feed Willow?  Just wondering if it would be worth me replacing the gurlies night time nibbles with the RC calm, but I don't fancy putting them on a dry only dirt so would stick with their wet food during the day.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1143 on: January 15, 2018, 15:18:08 PM »
rc calm please, made my little willow into a bundle of joy (well almost!) we don't even use the welding gloves to pick her up any more  :naughty:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1142 on: January 15, 2018, 15:11:20 PM »
"Wolverine is .... challenging...."

How so.....?   I now have visions of new adopter with lacerations down their hands and legs, and a plentiful supply of surgical wadding in their holdall.  That kinda thing?   :-: :-:  ma fingers are crossed too.  Sounds like they'll need a certain - erm, encouragement. 

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1141 on: January 15, 2018, 13:57:06 PM »

OK folks ....... hot off the press ........ following a fabulous weekend for WFC kitties placed with CP North London Adoption Centre

Jimmy W and Clive W reserved  :)

Wolverine adopted .........   :o :o :o ...... he's sort of ..... well .......... challenging so have everything crossed this goes well  :crossed:

Breanne adopted  ;D

Lily adopted  ;D

Squeak adopted  ;D

Maud & Olive adopted together  ;D ;D

Mable adopted  ;D

Pimmy adopted  ;D

Vicky adopted  ;D

Big Henry adopted  ;D

Big Fluff adopted  ;D

Shake adopted  ;D

Congratulations to all involved in finding forever homes for so many  :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #1140 on: January 12, 2018, 22:10:02 PM »
Thanks for the update Rosella.

So awful what happened at the rescue centre  >:( >:(

That's lovely that Celia congratulated Sheila  :Luv: :Luv:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1139 on: January 12, 2018, 21:46:01 PM »

As of 2 hours ago still 9 cats unaccounted for but everything crossed they will come out of hiding soon  :(

On a different point, Sheila was contacted by Celia last week and Celia congratulated her on WFC work  :)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1138 on: January 12, 2018, 21:13:53 PM »
Sue, that is an utterly sickening incident - don't know whether to  >:(:'( or both.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1137 on: January 12, 2018, 12:18:01 PM »
Thanks Rosella.  really appreciate the update.

I also see on the news that Celia Hammond's Rescue Centre in Sussex experienced an appalling incident on Monday when a pack of foxhounds tore through the premises, apparently having flushed out a fox.   Over 20 cats are still missing after they fled in panic.  As usual, the Hunt members are playing it all down, but Celia is furious, swearing that if any harm has come to any of the missing cats, there'll be hell to pay.

Rescues have enough to cope with, without that.   >:(

By the way, Jessie is an absolute stunner, isn't she?  My goodness me - my heart beat faster for seeing her beautiful face.    :Luv2:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1136 on: January 11, 2018, 22:10:46 PM »
Thanks for the update Rosella  ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1135 on: January 11, 2018, 16:27:55 PM »
Another quick update to start the New Year. 

CP Adoption Centre asked if any cats were ready to come in last weekend (i.e. ready to be rehomed)  ;D ;D ;D but this was our leaders response ........

Kevin waiting for PCR result (seems sample gone astray so having to get another to test for FIV but fingers crossed),

Felix going in for dental on Tuesday  :care: :care:

Pimmy waiting for sign off by vet,

Belle on ABs,

Marci due follow up tests for HyperT  :crossed:,

Mace in hospital with pneumonia (now recovering well  :phew: ),

Clive & Jimmy kittens not quite right and vet visit on the cards  :cat rub:,

Milo and Fudge on trial with fosterer (be good lads  :blow kiss: ),

Angel with her fixator of course and on cage rest  :care: :care: and

Jemima not surprisingly as good as reserved  :blow kiss:

So frustratingly the answer had to be no as of the start of this week  :-:  but from what I can gather since then, in the course of a few days quite a few transfers have taken place as sadly it is never difficult to find cats to fill places at the adoption centre.

How Sheila keeps track of who is being fostered by who, their current state of health, find adopters and co ordinate the regular comings and goings of so many rescuers I simply don't know  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:  But she does and all with much compassion and humour  :cuddle:

I knowz we all like pix so here's a few to keep ya all going.  No prizes for guessing that Jessie is the new poster gal of WFC (now adopted of course). 

She's a bit of a jaw dropper but Marmite can give her a run for her money eh?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1134 on: January 03, 2018, 05:50:28 AM »
Oooh I missed this!  Thank you Rosella.  What a year for WFCP, and no doubt another ahead, but those cats helped would have had much bleaker lives ahead but for the efforts of our lovely Sheila and her crew.

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #1133 on: January 02, 2018, 20:25:17 PM »
Thank you for the update Rosella.

And Sheila and team, you are amazing  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1132 on: January 01, 2018, 16:51:25 PM »
What a little beauty Jemima is!  :Luv2: I hope she is reunited with loving family very soon.

I also hope that Marci will have some time to spend in his new home.

Thank you Rosella for the update. And  huge  :congrats: to Sheila and the team for their sterling efforts during the year that have led to life being very much better for so many cats  :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1131 on: December 31, 2017, 11:46:54 AM »

With a thousand apologies for a such a brief update (family pressures as usual) but just wanted to give you a flavour of current superhuman activities with WFC who seemingly are not allowed a Christmas break .........

Thursday 28th Dec involved trapping, getting kittens in for vaccines, getting a slightly battered looking B&W lad off Gumtree, Marci in for blood tests, two gurlies Maud and Olive in for spey, Lola and Alfie in for vacines and health checks and a viewing for Honey Monster.  Also two large cages ferried over to Sheila for Friday's incoming ............. and yes she was at work on Thursday too  :o :o

On to Friday which involved Mark and Sheila in a 650 miles round trip to South Wales and Eastbourne .... 6.30am start.  Mark finished up "early" at 10pm!!!!!  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: but Sheila still putting cats to bed and finished later  :tired: :tired: :tired: ......... another 14 cats helped!!!!!

So as of yesterday 451 cats helped in 2017 ......... and that's ignoring the neutering vouchers sent out to other rescues and "owned" cats.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: to all at WFC for your incredible efforts in 2017. 

:gold stars: :gold stars: :gold stars: :gold stars:

Thank you all so very much  :cuddle:

I'll leave you with a couple of pics. 

Jemima who was found a couple of days ago and is utterly gorgeous and very friendly so likely someone missing her big time but not neutered or chipped  :( and dear dear Marci who is the elderly chap whose owner passed away that I mentioned previously.  He has now had his thyroidectomy and a large number of teeth extracted.  Sadly vet found a large mass in his tummy but unable to remove due to blood vessels.  A biopsy has been done and he is now home and very comfy.  Fingers crossed that he has some time left to enjoy this new lease of life 

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #1130 on: December 17, 2017, 20:29:52 PM »
How exciting your first proper pen :)

I so remember the fixator, our Puma when 11 months was knocked over and had the most expensive op we have had to date all £1100 pounds of it which his Daddy paid happily the Perspex to line the pen which was to be his home for 10 long weeks nearly caused a divorce as our weather took a bit of a nosedive  and OH was trimming it to fit in temps of minus 5 - we lined the pen so the fixator wouldn't catch on the bars of the pen, he is now sporting a mouth of metal having had his jaw broken 2 weeks ago  when he had teeth removed due to Osteomylitus we wish Angel and good recovery x
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1129 on: December 17, 2017, 20:22:04 PM »
Sheila, I really don't know how you and your merry men (and women) manage to get so much done! You are a veritable wonderwoman :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #1128 on: December 17, 2017, 20:09:09 PM »
Angel’s new fixator and our first ever proper pen! Phew what a week 😸 Construction and reconstruction.

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #1127 on: December 14, 2017, 20:32:21 PM »
Wow!  :Crazy: Just reading that makes me tired. They are all amazing.

Thanks for the update Rosella.

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1126 on: December 14, 2017, 17:35:21 PM »
Brilliant update Rosella.  Thanks.  It's great to hear what miracles are being worked daily by this dedicated band of Heroes. 

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1125 on: December 14, 2017, 17:09:00 PM »
I apologise in advance that I'm not Sheila as her prose is WAY betta than mine but I hope to be able to give you a flavour of the work carried on by the WFC team in the last few weeks.

I hope any inaccuracies are not too serious Sheila as, by heck, it's difficult to keep up with you lot despite what you referred to as an expected lull before the great Christmas cat/kitten give away.

By the way, my last Pets at Home online shop was done through Easy Funding which allocated 2.5% of my purchase to WFC and I've downloaded something that will hopefully remind me to use Easy Funding for future online purchases including Zooplus.
 :)

On the pusscat front, I can only give you a taster of what has been achieved in the last few weeks as there were so many furry lives saved and helped.  I'll start with an update on Belle who I'm delighted to report is doing really well and fully recovered from mastitis.  Her babies now fully weaned so all good. I will attach a pic below.

Then there was Quidlet the kitten rescued from a car park  :catluv:  Fluffy, friendly,  black girl and about 11 weeks.  A purrmanent future home was sorted before she even reached her fosterer  :wow:  Now rehomed.

Then the  lovely tabby boy living for weeks under a car on the owner's driveway as owner had got a dog; not interested in his cat anymore  :-:  Mark popped by, waved his magic wand; tabby signed over to CP and rehomed to an instantly doting lady nearby ..... within hours :wow: :wow:

Veronique arrived at her fosterers and almost immediately disappeared  :scared: so there was a great deal of worry that she had somehow got out but she was in her fosterers house all the time  :agree:

Then there was ginger Lenny (aka Fluffy Pants with the pooey knickers when he was picked up) who went missing Christmas last year.  Reunited  :cuddle:  Owner in floods of tears.  Our Sheila tearful too.

And wot about the 7 four week old underweight kittens  dropped on the steps of a vet hospital?   (I'm sworn to secrecy about the fights that broke out as to who would get to foster them  :stir:)  A quote from a fosterer; "Funny little scamps these lot, aren't they? Bouncy lambs who love a tummy rub  :)  Really enjoying these babies  :Luv2: :Luv2: "

Meghan.  Stunning tabby girl.  Obviously young and out in all weathers.  Thought to be pregnant but full of poop so given laxative.  Second cat with that trubble but Sheila explains  lack of water in the diet, eating c**p, stress of not being confident to relax that muscle  :( :(

Story of a cat in a car park for over a week in clear discomfort with his foreleg as walking on only three legs.  No response from 3 calls to another organisation.  Happily a chap working at CP Adoption Centre passed by one morning and rang WFC.  He returned with his trap a while later and stood in the rain looking for the poorly pud who was nowhere to be seen.  WFC don't hang about of course  ;) and he had been scooped up.  "Russel" has arthritis in his elbow, is now neutered and waiting to be rehomed  :)

A very sad tale of an elderly lady who died leaving her 12 cat year old boy cat who is need of a dental and sadly hyperT  :( :(  Family asked for no flowers at the funeral but donations to WFC to pay for his HT and dental treatment. Now safe with his new fosterer.  This tale particularly touched me on a few levels :'( :'( :'(

Then there was a whole load of trubble being caused by strange and irresponsible people on a particular road that needed quite a lot of attention.  Needed strong characters to wade in and sort out; oh Hi Sheila & Mark  :welcome: :welcome:

Frostie the little black gurl kitten caught at the school .... and her bro .... and her mom.  Well done Mark!  :clap: :clap:  Mummy cat "Magic" eventually safely back in lockdown with her kittens (she had escaped carrier in Sheila's garage)  Sheila applied a little feline common sense by placing a nicely furnished carrier on the highest shelf and Lo! She was in there in the morning. All she needed to do was gently close the door on her  :innocent:

And today.... well Angel - see pic (named in memory of Tad) about 1 year old was being operated on this morning and everything crossed that her leg can be saved after xray showed a clean break.  She had been like that for about 3 weeks  :( :(  Purrs auction funds are coming in very handy with this attempt to keep a young cat's leg  :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: everyone  :)

Throughout all these rescues and rehomings so much more being done.

Think I have to "mark" Mark out for particular mention as he seems to be 4 places at once; despite van breakdowns and internet trouble.  Collecting igloos, cat cabins, a fabulous huge donated cat pen (needed to be taken apart by a carpenter to reassemble at Sheilas in due course).  He also has apparently dark powers at locating owners of microchipped cats that RSPCA  cannot locate ....... it's true! 

Another cat pen ...... very large...... with rotten floor; (worth thousands but free!) needed to be dismantled and relocated to another county. Mark, where are ya Mark?  You can tack on an entry porch to it when you've relocated it  :innocent: :innocent:

In addition the requests for neutering vouchers are constant and all the horrid but necessary admin and finance work.

Throughout it all, there is a level headed determination to get the job done quickly, with good humour and with as little fuss as possible.

I'll leave ya with a quote from Sheila .......who by the way is still working and has just moved house ......

"Right business today. Mark is back at *** Rd trying to trap the last small cat/Kitten now named Jedward and Mum who is called Magic. I’ve found a space for the injured cat to go, should know what the extent of her injuries is today after X-ray. I’ll be doing a big feral cat run to ******* Stables in Surrey on Sunday if anyone fancies riding shotgun and helping with the transfer (5 semi ferals relocated). Hoping the new/old pen from ***** will be arriving here at my place on Saturday"

I for one am very proud (and not a little in awe) of what this merry band achieve day in, day out.  Love ya tons

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:24:39 AM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #1124 on: December 02, 2017, 13:48:51 PM »
You did now. :naughty:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1123 on: December 02, 2017, 13:41:44 PM »
Did I mention by accident that is super hero Mark's birthday tomorrow? Did I?  :naughty: :naughty:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1122 on: November 27, 2017, 23:29:04 PM »
I wants Adam. Can't have him though. :'(

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1121 on: November 27, 2017, 23:26:26 PM »
Little Adam of the magnificent 7

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1120 on: November 27, 2017, 00:09:43 AM »
Just thought I'd share this pic of a ginger cat taken in by WFC who was supposedly beating up all the locals! Shernhall Ginge.

Obviously a right old bruiser  :innocent:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 08:28:57 AM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1119 on: November 26, 2017, 15:03:37 PM »
Apologies for delay in posting this article from Cat Magazine.  I tried so many times to do it from my mobile yesterday but couldn't seem to manage it.  Am at PC now waiting for the auction to start so hopefully this will work.

Amazing woman and dearly missed by her all who knew her.  She left the most incredible legacy due to her inspiration of others 

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1118 on: November 25, 2017, 11:10:08 AM »
Awwwww, kittins :Luv2:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #1117 on: November 25, 2017, 09:30:51 AM »
Glad that you've got your career break
Please spay your cat

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1116 on: November 25, 2017, 08:20:01 AM »
I'll have the cutie at the back please. :naughty: As long as he isn't another Pirate, who has just come in for brekfus and is so pleased to see me, he has just let off the most god awful fart. :sick: He is a big boy now at 4.4 kilos. Merlin is a huge 6.2, but not fat, he still has ribs and a waist, it doesn't seem to be putting undue stress on his poorly paw or back legs, :) he hasn't needed Metacam for a long time, if anything changes I'll restrict his diet, but so far, so good and Pippa is 4.2 kilos and still the softest loving girl going. ;D

thank you for my cats Sheila, I wouldn't be without them. :Luv:

Link to CatChat