Author Topic: Waltham Forest Cats (London UK)  (Read 167840 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Waltham Forest Cats (London UK)
« Reply #995 on: June 19, 2017, 22:03:51 PM »

Apologies Sheila but I just know you will be in bits tonight so forgive me for trying to take one burden off you for once  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sheila posted this on FB and I know that Purrs members will be incredibly sad to hear this news. ....

It is with deep sadness we announce the death of our dear friend and devoted Branch secretary Tad Davis, who passed away last night after battling against cancer.

Tad was instrumental in forming this branch and was its backbone, we will all miss her infectious humour, selfless commitment and fearless dedication.

We promise to continue her work protecting the vulnerable and educating the strong.

Our deepest sympathies go to her family, friends and colleagues at this sad time. RIP Tad, we loved you very much.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 22:04:23 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #994 on: June 05, 2017, 06:47:18 AM »
You're right about cat rescue requiring a certain stamina of spirit, Sheila and Tad embodies that, as did Theresa and Ron in their turn.

Topping up the soothing vibes from Mr, Moray Da Mint, Malty da Minx and Barley Black-stockings.   :catlove2: :cat rub: :catlove2:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #993 on: June 04, 2017, 17:55:38 PM »
Thank you for the update Sheila. I huge 'Woohoo' and 'Well done' for your ongoing work for these kitties  :hug:

I am so sorry to hear about Tad's illness  :( I have not met her in person but she is, and will remain, a part of everything you do at WFCP. Her lifespan might not be as long as it 'should' be but she has clearly accomplished more than many people could in several lifetimes. Please give her our love  :hug:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #992 on: June 03, 2017, 21:06:05 PM »
Such sad news.  :( :(

So sorry to hear this Sheila  :( :(
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #991 on: June 03, 2017, 16:03:23 PM »
Sorry, I read this this morning but took a bit of time to process it, lung cancer is a bit of a bad subject because of Pat. Please give my love to Tad. I liked her very much when she and Mark came down with you. Even if she did sit in the dining room so she couldn't see the snake tanks. :evillaugh:

Completely got the wrong end of the stick, I didn't realise that The Tadmeister was such a driving force behind WFCPL. I thought it was wor Sheila. Apologies Tad.

Wonderful news about all you new additions and rescues. More Furbabies saved. :Luv:

Sending loads of love to you All. Special hugs and thoughts to Tad. :Luv2: A very special legacy when the time comes.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #990 on: June 03, 2017, 09:55:11 AM »
Sending much love to Tad ♡♡♡

I'm sure she will get a great deal of comfort from the legacy she leaves whenever the time comes.  Rescue work takes a certain strength of character to cope with the extreme ends of despair and joy and really needs an inspiration behind it to make it work.  Tad has been an inspiration to so many and glad she is able to continue with what has been the main focus of her life for a while longer. 

Two of the WFC kitties are to be introduced to the garden today on a bright shiney day in Brum.  They send their love to Tad, you and Ruth too  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #989 on: June 03, 2017, 09:36:43 AM »
Thanks for the update, so sorry to hear Tad's diagnosis, it's so unfair, but pleased she isn't letting it stop her, am sure she will do as much as she can for as long as she can.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #988 on: June 03, 2017, 08:56:37 AM »
Oh sheila I'm so sorry to hear about tad no words of wisdom I'm afraid but sounds like her legacy is sorted X

i would like nothing more than a brindle torti but as you know my gang just isn't stable

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #987 on: June 02, 2017, 22:21:40 PM »
AnnaBella gave birth to 5 beautiful bouncing babies! She's a great mum, clearly she's done this before. Our lovely Emma is doing the worrying for this family  :thanks:

Indoors here at Tufty Towers we have Choochi who came in with 5 ready made kittens that she plopped behind a lady's posh couch on her white angora carpet  :naughty:  The “Happy Days” gang are Chachi, Richie, Joanie, Ralph and The Fonz, all appear to be doing well although Mum won't let us near them  >:(

Also here is Augusta and her remaining trio of dark tortie girls Kneesah, Latara and Kaink. You'll remember we lost little Minnie when she was very young, Kaink at 4 weeks of age is showing distinct signs of Cerebellar Hypoplasia (thanks to Sue P for memberising me that condition) and will need forever care for her special condition. :care:

Meanwhile we took in 5 orphans (well their Mum was allegedly not present for 24 hours) who at 5-6 weeks became the Rogers family: Cookie, Patch, Hobnob, Tigger and Dinky are all doing well with our new fosterer Roohi  :-:

Then there was Denfash   :wow: we took Denfash in thinking this was the matriarch of a colony. Turns out we couldn’t have been more wrong! Denfash is a chipped, neutered boy who was chucked out and had affiliated with a feral family known as the fruit kids. Denfash was their protector and friend. :grouphug: WFCP took this family in, rehabilitated the kittens Delores, Clint, Gloria, Marilyn and Salvador and TNR'd their mum who was going :crazy: in rescue. Denfash went to our wonderful adoption centre today  :)

Our earlier venture that brought triplets Fluff, Missus Grey and Poppy  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: into our care with their 11 shared kittens is not something we're unashamed of!  :shy: These three girls all had differing needs yet we've found solutions for all but two kittens - PLEASE get in touch of you want a lovely pair: ginger boy and tortie/white girl. Ready 8/6/17.  :welcome:

You've been waiting for an update on Tad, I know.  Today Tad gave me permission to share her condition with you, truthfully.

Tad has lung cancer.  :(

She's been given a finite prognosis. Tad has both heart and kidney issues that preclude chemotherapy. We're heartbroken for her, she has been through so much in her life and for this to happen is so unfair for her, her family and for her passions. Tad has been our friend, our mentor, our heroine. She deserves better, but it’s not to be.

Tad, in her own inimitable way, refuses to let this stop her. She’s acknowledged that fate has dealt a nasty blow but she feels as she’s on this unstoppable rollercoaster, she may as well enjoy the ride. Tad’s determined to have a laugh whilst riding this tiger, and we will continue to support this amazing lady.

Tad has been working in cat welfare and rescue for years, it was Tad who brought me into Waltham Forest 4 Cats, her flagship lost and found site on FB, and by introducing me to Elsa, my beloved Elsa, she brought me into cat rescue on a professional scale. WF4C remains her pride and joy and we will continue this magnificent site for years to come in her honour. This train rolls along.

Tad and I decided we could take our mutual ideals to the next level, and with the support of Cats Protection we made her dreams a reality, turning WF4C Lost and Found into WFCP Cats Protection. It wasn’t without its struggles and challenges, but we met them shoulder to shoulder, battling the saboteurs and romancing the bureaucracy, we made it happen. Soon we had Mark on board to handle the tough physical stuff and keep a lid on any girly hystrionics, and from then on support poured in as confidence from her network grew, and the train rolled along.

Today WFCP goes from strength to strength. Tad set us rolling with solid processes and manageable systems which underpin an amazing operational team. Without her, none of this would have happened. We owe Tad everything, and because of her this train rolls along.

Tad’s social network history goes way back before WFCP. She’s the instigator and owner of many rescue sites. She is “Furbabies” on Twitter. She is “Pussy Cat Army” on facebook. If it’s Cat Welfare related, you’ll probably see Tad’s name in the mix. She’s everywhere, deliberately fishing for information, networking, making friends and soldering links to help more cats.

Unstoppable, admirable, contagious.  Her train rolls along.

Tad Davis has become a bit of a legend with her numerous rescue groups on Social Media. Since her hospitalisation, Tad’s had visits from people from as far away as Yorkshire who wanted to meet our East London legend. Without exception, everyone sends their love and respect to Tad and her work.

This isn't about me, but I must interject my feelings here. She’s my friend, my mentor and my heroine. I hope this train rolls along a while longer, as Tad remains the sensible one in WFCP and I’m thankful for every piece of wisdom she ever gave, and continues to give.

Thank you,Tad Davis. We love you. Keep on rolling Babe.  :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #986 on: June 02, 2017, 20:51:58 PM »
 :-: :-:  Darned pootas

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #985 on: June 02, 2017, 20:23:17 PM »
just lost a massively important post. dash and bollo  :doh:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #984 on: May 20, 2017, 16:57:00 PM »
Thanks for the update Sheila  :hug:

I am so sorry that Minnie didn't make it  :'( RIP little girl.

Am sending lots of 'Get Well' vibes for Jet ~~~~, also hoping that things go well for AnnaBella and her babies and for Augusta's kitten.

You mentioned that Tad was unwell but I was thinking cold/fly type thing, I didn't realise that things were rather more serious than that  :( Am sending lots of love  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #983 on: May 20, 2017, 14:21:07 PM »
Got no access to internet other than kindle just now, so can't type what I'd like to say, but adding my best wishes to Tad.  Also to all of the mums, babies and furnished in the care of WFC.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #982 on: May 20, 2017, 13:22:28 PM »
Bless! :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #981 on: May 20, 2017, 08:40:52 AM »
A cheery pic for ya Sheila  :)  Elsa keeps Popeye in check 😉

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #980 on: May 20, 2017, 08:36:17 AM »
sorry to hear about Minnie, RIP little one. Fingers crossed for the other kitten. Hope they can get to the bottom of Jet's issues, and that Tad gets the care she needs
Please spay your cat

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #979 on: May 20, 2017, 07:47:28 AM »
So sorry about baby Minnie Sheila.  Rescue is a heart breaking business  :hug: :hug:   Sending best ever vibes to her sister and her mum.  Also poor Jet  :(  I wouldn't be at all surprised if your gut feeling is right.

Very much got everything crossed that a good nursing home can be found quickly for Tad. Hospitals are too noisy and busy to provide much in the way of peace and quiet which I am sure she could do with.  Do pass on my good wishes.  It's only right that she gets loads of tlc to reward the tlc she has dished out herself  :hug: :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #978 on: May 20, 2017, 00:12:46 AM »
Sorry Sheila, I missed that Tad was unwell, when next you speak to her, please tell her that I am thinking of her and wishing her well. She is a fantastic Lady.

You are doing such a sterling job and I am sure that you are inundated as usual, is Mark (Dave) still with you?

Thank Gawd for fosterers. :Luv:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #977 on: May 19, 2017, 23:45:58 PM »
Augusta lost one kitten last week, poor baby couldn't latch on either to her or the bottle. RIP Minnie.

Another one is today in trouble she's developing a twist in her neck that may be caused by a polyp in her balance canal. The vet advised PTS but as she's only two weeks old and coping well so far we're running with her and her Mum. Vibes.

AnnaBella held out long enough to get a proper foster home, she's soooo massive I can see those kittens wriggling in her drum taught flanks. Proper saddle bags.

Jet is back in hospital, the steroids had no effect and now we are testing for enzymes. My gut feeling us to go Raw with him, as the hydrolysed diet advised by the vet simply changed the colour of his diarrhoea and gave him wind, which added to his already explosive issues.

Tad, bless my bestie pal, is not doing too well. Still in hospital and awaiting a nursing home transfer to care for her increasing needs. She's a brave soldier.

Numerous more cats here, 20 in total, we have beautiful kittens dripping out of every fosterers home but tonight my thoughts are with our Tad Davis, and her family. Truly a superwoman for needy cats, and the people who love them.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #976 on: May 11, 2017, 22:24:06 PM »
I have only just caught up with this and really hope that things have gone well for Augusta and Jet  :crossed:

Fantastic work again Sheila  ;D How is Tad?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #975 on: May 09, 2017, 12:42:28 PM »
We once had a cat that had to have an emergency C-section, and was still able to rear her two kittens. My vet likes the kittens to be weaned just because they will be alone for the day, although it is a good idea in case something does happen to mum
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 12:43:37 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #974 on: May 09, 2017, 11:43:20 AM »
That swollen belly? Impacted uterus. She's been given a drug to induce contractions but if that doesn't work were in a hand rear situation for the kittens as mum will need to be spayed asap.  :scared:

'Scuse my ignorance as I have little experience with mums & babies! But if she's spayed will she stop producing milk? I always thought the reason you should wait for spaying 'til the babies were weaned was just in case something happened to mum during the op?

:crossed: that all gets sorted out soon
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #973 on: May 08, 2017, 18:26:31 PM »
Fingers crossed for Augusta and Jet
Please spay your cat

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #972 on: May 08, 2017, 14:50:43 PM »
Sigh, this rollercoaster ride...

Augusta has been admitted - she did produce some matter overnight but not enough and now has diarrhoea. She and the babies have been admitted for observation for a day or two to see if she's able to eject the remaining material herself.

Jet is my current fave thing in the whole world and I adore him, but if we fix his IBD sufficiently he would still need to be rehomed as he will need a forever special diet. What caused his rectal prolapse on Saturday was that he'd escaped into the kitchen and celebrated the death of his Giardiasis buy swallowing two bowls of Felix and a pizza crust! That must not happen again, ever, so he will need a new, much more controlled environment and probably as an indoor only/secure garden cat so he can't break into neighbours houses demanding Dreamies with menaces.

Thankfully he's a lovely friendly laid back character and will adapt well to indoor life, he's a lap cat who gazes into your eyes and tells you what he needs by telepathy, it's quite mesmeric. I've got a lovely lady on a hook for him, just hoping we can get his runny bum under control before she finds another option.  :sneaky:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #971 on: May 08, 2017, 07:51:59 AM »
You're not wrong there, Rosella.  Poor Augusta.  Hoping that all can be remedied swiftly and well, and she'll be on the road to recovery toot sweet.  Also hoping the babies will thrive whether hand reared or Mum reared.  Poor little scraps. :hug: :hug:

Much better news about Jet.  I was also wondering whether he will be a permanent part of the Tufty Club.   :evillaugh:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #970 on: May 08, 2017, 07:40:17 AM »
What a roller coaster you're on Sheila  :cuddle:

I've nor heard of impacted uterus before but why would I when I've never had a cat have kittens which I assume has caused this problem.  Poor Augusta.  Got everything crossed that she doesn't need surgery  :hug: :hug:

Great news about Jet  :narna dance:  Does this mean he may be up for rehoming when residual diarrhoea is sorted or is he now permanently part of the Tufty Club?

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #969 on: May 07, 2017, 23:00:47 PM »
That swollen belly? Impacted uterus. She's been given a drug to induce contractions but if that doesn't work were in a hand rear situation for the kittens as mum will need to be spayed asap.  :scared:

Jets stool results came back, 10 weeks on we've finally killed off his giardiasis! :clap: now to address the residual chronic diarrhoea. Anyone know if a tasty hydrolysed food? We're using the purina one but it looks and apparently tastes like rice crispies. :sick

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #968 on: May 05, 2017, 18:31:41 PM »
She looks so content Sheila  :Luv:

:1st place: Augusta.  Enjoy  :blow kiss: :blow kiss: :blow kiss: :blow kiss:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #967 on: May 05, 2017, 12:51:08 PM »
 :Luv2: Sweet! Hope they are all doing well!  :Luv2:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #966 on: May 04, 2017, 16:32:06 PM »
I suppose I am being greedy, after all I do already have my Bob. :Luv:

I also have my big bruiser, sorry Sheila, Merlin is now 6.29 kilos. But he isn't fat and the vet is happy with him. I know that we said to keep him about 5 because of his foot, but he seems to be fine. Can still feel his ribs. :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: Thank you so much for the beautiful furbabes I already have from you. :hug: :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 16:38:17 PM by Judecat (Paula) »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #965 on: May 04, 2017, 16:25:45 PM »
if I can't you can't  ;)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #964 on: May 04, 2017, 16:21:59 PM »
I don't suppose one of them needs a home. Two Nortie Torties. **swoon** :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #963 on: May 04, 2017, 13:57:40 PM »
Oh what gorgeous babies and a wonderful Mum x

Names

Panther
Raven
Midnight
Magic

Some islands from here in Scotland

Harris
Lewis
Arran
Mull
Iona

Some of the Clan names happy to use

Sweetie
Toerag
Bert
Moose
Sammy
Harper
Riley
Lynx
Luna
Wispa
Fudge
Harmony
Melody
Pyper
Quaver
Minstrel
Aria
]
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #962 on: May 04, 2017, 12:32:26 PM »
Aww, bless her
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #961 on: May 04, 2017, 12:28:37 PM »
Aw Sheila - they're just the bees knees.

How about the Roman names of Zoe, Flavia, Agnes and Thea?   ;D  She looks such a good little Mum. :Luv:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #960 on: May 04, 2017, 11:24:42 AM »
Four little smashers. :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: Well done Mum and Auntie Sheila. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #959 on: May 04, 2017, 09:03:56 AM »
four dark tortis, omg noooooo

well done mum  :Luv2:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #958 on: May 04, 2017, 08:52:28 AM »
Four little dark torties so I'm assuming all girls.  :Luv:

Blakey is having a catnip cigar this morning as although he can't spell Blackie he's filled a pram 4 times  :rofl:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #957 on: May 04, 2017, 08:49:54 AM »
Motherhood 😻

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #956 on: May 04, 2017, 05:42:36 AM »
What news, Sheila?  Hoping all going well.

Link to CatChat