Author Topic: Chico UPDATE - Settled in new home!  (Read 73903 times)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Re: Caught this 'stray' today
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 15:11:13 PM »
Ahhhhh, poor boy he does look sore  :'( :'(
He will be a very handsome boy when he is all cleaned and his wounds healed up - really hope all his tests come back clear  :scared:
He has got a sad face though , as Mark said -he certainly doesn''t need to go back to any previous owners !!!

I am sure you will have him looking good very soon -really pleased you have got him with you . :hug: :hug:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 14:53:44 PM »
Poor boy, he looks really sore, hope his tests come back clear. He is gorgeous.  :Luv:
Nicky

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 14:28:10 PM »
Poor baby  :'(

Looks like more than cat fight injuries. Art least he is in safe hands now  :hug:. I wouldn't even bother advertising him, as if by any remote chance her has owners, he is better off away from them.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 14:28:28 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 14:23:01 PM »
aw what a poor soul.      He does look as though he has had a hard life.      He's going to get plenty of TLC I'm sure now though!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 14:21:41 PM »
 :( oooh poor soul, his neck does look sore.  He looks a super little puss though, he will be when you've worked your magic on him I'm sure.

Glad to hear you're getting him sorted  :hug:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 14:22:08 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Chico UPDATE - Settled in new home!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 13:58:42 PM »
You may remember me mentioning this boy who'd been wandering round the area for a while. I first saw him about a year ago, he seemed to disapear for a long time, and then suddenly turned up again recently. I saw that he had a wound on his neck, and then a few days later saw him again and it looked like the area around the wound had been shaved - so sort of assumed he may have been treated. However, today he came and sat outside the front door and I was able to see through the window that what I thought was a shaved area is probably just hair loss where he's scratched at the wound - and the wound looked worse than when I saw him before.

Anyway, he ran off when I opened the front door, but came back when I closed it again, when I went out the second time he came up to me and was very purry and friendly - so thought gotta take my chance to get him treated, so grabbed him (not much resistance!) and he's now up in my grooming room. He's not neutered which I 'd already worked out (used to hear him tom cat yowing when he was outside at night, and seen him spraying a lot). Luckily the Cats Action Trust who I foster for now have said they will pay for him to be blood tested for FIV and FelV and neutered. Only trouble is we are completely full up at the mo like everywhere, so he's gonna have to stay in my grooming rooom (luckily no customers for a week - but he can't stay there forever!)

He's a good looking chap - or he will be when cleaned up etc, obviously some pedigree in there somewhere - red colourpoint of some sort, maybe some siamese in there perhaps? The wound looks pretty nasty and his coat is filthy. He's got a sad face I think.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 22:34:22 PM by Gillian (Ambercat) »

Link to CatChat