Author Topic: Chico UPDATE - Settled in new home!  (Read 73941 times)

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
Re: Caught this 'stray' - PICS OF CHICO'S BACHELOR PAD!
« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2010, 18:05:01 PM »
Wow, what a difference!! He is a gorgeous boy  :Luv2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2010, 18:04:04 PM »
Gosh! I can hardly believe the change in him comparing those pics either!

I havent looked into the top cat thing on CC yet Helen, must do that. I want to find the perfect home for him, but its a lot for someone to take on really, not just the FIV and that I want him to have some outside space, but he does still spray - I don't mind coz its in easily cleaned places here, but in someone's home, are they going to be quite so amenable about it?  :(

Oh I didn't realise he had spraying issues  :( Hope the perfect home can be found before too long  :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2010, 11:57:44 AM »
He looks fanatstic-can't believe it's the same cat!!!    :Luv2: :Luv2:  What an amazing job you've done with him! Unbelieveable!   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2010, 23:56:38 PM »
Gosh! I can hardly believe the change in him comparing those pics either!

I havent looked into the top cat thing on CC yet Helen, must do that. I want to find the perfect home for him, but its a lot for someone to take on really, not just the FIV and that I want him to have some outside space, but he does still spray - I don't mind coz its in easily cleaned places here, but in someone's home, are they going to be quite so amenable about it?  :(

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2010, 23:37:24 PM »
CHUNKY Chico is looking soooooooooooooo gorgeous - well done Gillian, you must feel so proud.  :hug: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2010, 23:26:52 PM »
Wow, hasn''t he come on -you have made a huge difference to Chicos life , he is so  :Luv2: :Luv2:
Well done Gillian , great pics too -not too fat at all , should see Winston at the moment !

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2010, 23:16:12 PM »
 :omg: Gillian what a change :blow kiss: Huuuuge pat on the back cos you did that  :hug:

Did you look into the cat chat top cat thingy? Chico just has to be top cat, he'd be snapped up superfast I'm sure  :Luv2:

In action! something he needs to do more of!

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2010, 23:08:49 PM »
You have done wonders for him Gillian - had a look back at the pictures when you first caught him - those awful wounds but look at him now  :wow: he is just gorgeous :Luv: :Luv:

Bless him with his evening/morning routine  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2010, 22:57:06 PM »
Chico is just gorgeous  ;D ;D

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2010, 22:55:23 PM »
He's doing fine thanks for asking  :thanks: Still no offers of a home for him, I'm looking into options for him though  ;) He still comes indoors to his room at night (in case he wakes the neighbours  :tired: ) and he still jumps straight into his carrier ready to come down the garden, but he has to make sure I put all his toys in the carrier, so he pats every one as I put them in lol! I'm sure he's counting them  :evillaugh: Then we have to do the same thing in the morning, pack his little bag and go up the garden again!

Anyway, pics taken this very evening, he's put on a lot of weight - bit too much I think  :-[

In action! something he needs to do more of!

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2010, 00:09:47 AM »
How's he getting on? I think new photos are needed  ;D

Would love to know here too  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Me too  ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2010, 23:43:54 PM »

Would love to know here too  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2010, 19:34:39 PM »
Bless this poor boy, only just found this thread and how lucky is this little lad to have been taken in by you Gillian.....  :hug:

He's beautiful  :Luv2:  :Luv: I have a huge soft spot for manky old FIV cats  ;)

x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2010, 11:08:42 AM »
That's fantastic - is he up for homing yet?
Please spay your cat

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2010, 14:21:35 PM »
he is so beautiful...i hope that he finds the purrfect meowmy...i think you will be a hard act to follow! :shocked: xxxx
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2010, 01:43:07 AM »
My goodness what a great pad he has  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2010, 01:04:38 AM »
Bless him  :) His pad looks ace but really hope he can find his forever home soon enough  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2010, 20:40:42 PM »
Did you buy or build it if you don't mind me asking   :shy:

Its my garden shed I already had - (you should see the pile of junk that came out of it LOL!). I painted it inside (two coats  :tired: ) and out. Then I got someone to put new roofing felt on as it didnt have any on at all  :innocent: and I also had the timber and mesh panels (from when I used to have a cat run), and it just so happened that the front panel with the gate already in it was exactly the width of the shed so that was a good starting point. The guy who came to do it adapted some of my other panels to make the sides and roof of the run. I had some vinyl left over too - unfortunately not enough to make one whole piece for the floor - so its a bit of a patchwork but does the job for now. I've also fixed a solar powered light on the outside because I've got no electric up there and no other lighting up the top of the garden - plus inside I'm using one of those LED camping lights which gives a really good light.

I keep his food up there and the opened tin gets put in a little cool bag with ice packs to save me having to remember to bring the tin back up (which I did the first few times - had to go all the way back down to get his food LOL!).

thanks for the explanation  ;D  you've done a great job and Chico looks really pleased with it :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2010, 20:21:56 PM »

Its my garden shed I already had - (you should see the pile of junk that came out of it LOL!). I painted it inside (two coats  :tired: ) and out. Then I got someone to put new roofing felt on as it didnt have any on at all  :innocent: and I also had the timber and mesh panels (from when I used to have a cat run), and it just so happened that the front panel with the gate already in it was exactly the width of the shed so that was a good starting point. The guy who came to do it adapted some of my other panels to make the sides and roof of the run. I had some vinyl left over too - unfortunately not enough to make one whole piece for the floor - so its a bit of a patchwork but does the job for now. I've also fixed a solar powered light on the outside because I've got no electric up there and no other lighting up the top of the garden - plus inside I'm using one of those LED camping lights which gives a really good light.

I keep his food up there and the opened tin gets put in a little cool bag with ice packs to save me having to remember to bring the tin back up (which I did the first few times - had to go all the way back down to get his food LOL!).

Shirley, although its a long garden, I don't actually have much grass - I'm not keen on lawn cutting, so only the middle section has some lawn - and even then I have large flower beds either side and a huge oval flower bed in the middle! There is no grass at all in the bit nearest the house, nor the bit where Chico is.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2010, 18:49:35 PM »
That's great Gillian and I so want one  :shify:

Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2010, 18:09:29 PM »
Great pics Gillian! What a pad!!  :wow: 100' garden! Glad i don't have to cut your grass!!!   :Crazy:   Chico is  gorgeous!!!   :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2010, 17:54:57 PM »
Gillian, his pad is fantastic.  He is looking a lot healthier too bless him  :Luv2: :hug:

I want you to look after ME for the rest of my life  ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2010, 17:42:55 PM »
I love that. :) He's so handsome too.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2010, 17:39:50 PM »
Nice digs :)

He looks very happy too :)
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2010, 17:31:38 PM »
Chico has been in his new pad for a couple of weeks now. The first week I took him up there each day, but brought him back in at night time (just to get him used to it - before I left him there all on his own  :( ) . Bless him, when I opened the cat carrier to take him up the garden - he would hop straight in and sit waiting to be carried to his new abode - then at nighttime, he'd do exactly the same, as soon as I opened the carrier, he'd hop back in - every time without fail, what a clever boy  :Luv2:

Anyway, the day came when I thought he was ready to be left overnight in his new pad - felt awful actually leaving him, he was looking at me as if to say aren't I coming with you this time? He was aboslutely fine, didnt hear a peep out of him (mind you its nearly 100ft long my garden and he's right up the top - so may not have heard him even if he did meow!) He's been fine up there ever since and he seems very settled.

He's got several sleeping areas, this one on top of an old storage unit (which contains his tins of cat food, treats, and cleaning stuff for me - wipes, k roll, nappy sacs etc, etc)

and then the igloo on top of the food prep table  :innocent: , plus his chair (which is the same on he had when he was indoors - something familiar for him)

And here's the little chap himself  :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Caught this 'stray' today NEW CHICO PICS!
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2010, 00:20:13 AM »
You'll be turning your living room in to a cat pen in a bit  :evillaugh: :rofl: :rofl: :hug:

Mary

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2010, 23:32:03 PM »
I didn't realise you were expanding Gillian, didn't take long  :evillaugh:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2010, 19:00:35 PM »
Thanks all  :thanks: mostly down to being off the streets and 4 (yes 4!) square meals a day LOL!

He's still a bit of a pain at  night time with the yowing - although its not as bad as it was and invariably when I wake up in the morning he's zonked out on the bed! He's still got the run of the upstairs at night time so that also means I have to have the windows shut - in this heat  :Crazy: because I'm not sure he wouldnt try getting out! Tom cat smell is still there  :sick:

But, luckily, today the cat run for his new abode went up, was hoping it would all be finished today, but the chap is coming back tomorrow to put the new felt roof on the shed and alter the door, so it opens inwards instead of out, plus put the vinyl down on the floor (and hopefully fit a catflap into the door - cept, he doesnt know it yet, I'm hoping to slip that one in - oh while your here, could you just...... :evillaugh: ) . It still won't be quite ready though, cos I started painted the inside and ran out of paint, so need to get some more of that and do another coat anyway. So all being well - I reckon it should be ready by Friday and I can move him in. I think its a pretty good space for him, the shed is 8' x 6' and the run is 8' x 4' . I hope he's going to like it and hasnt got too used to sleeping on my bed  :scared:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2010, 17:47:52 PM »
What a turnaround - he's gorgeous  :)  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2010, 17:52:47 PM »
he really is looking good Gillian

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2010, 09:25:52 AM »
he's looking great Gillian you've done a great job with him.  Its amazing how quickly they settle down after neutering and hopefully the tom cat smell with subside just as quick - with luck! 

Have to admit I hate the smell of tom cat :sick:

Looks like things are moving in the right way for Chico he has landed on his feet at last.   I'm sure he'll find a wonderful special home. :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2010, 08:07:04 AM »
HE is looking so much better - is he on the rehoming list now?
Please spay your cat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2010, 22:51:38 PM »
Well done you  :hug:  He's looking even more handsome :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Mary

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2010, 22:34:24 PM »
Absolutely awesome work :) waht a lovely boy :Luv2: and he looks a zillion times better....that must feel sooo good! i wish him all the love in the world! and well done to you for such amazing and loving work!xxx
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2010, 21:37:45 PM »
Awww he looks wonderful!   :Luv2:   All down to you!   :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2010, 21:06:51 PM »
Oooh Gillian I rather suspect you have a bit of a posh lad there trying to pretend he's a bit of a ruffian  :sneaky:  So delighted to see such an amazing improvement in the condition of his coat.  Before too long you won't be able to see any scar at all  :wow:.

A pity we don't have a Purrs award for "significant improvement following TLC administered by Purrs peeps" as Chico and you would get my vote  :).

Thanks so much for helping this beautiful boy and glad he is settling better now.   :hug: for you both and a few more  :hug: :hug: :hug: for Gwynnie and the gang for putting up with the inconvenience

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2010, 20:52:50 PM »
Thanks  :thanks:

:drool; does he get on with other cats do you know?

Really not sure about that one MM - he's had no contact with mine at all since he's been here, only just a peep round the door as I've gone in and out - with no reaction to seeing one of mine sitting the other side of the door. That time he came in through the catflap and my Gwynnie had him pinned in the corner - he wasnt putting up much of a fight!

He is just gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2:  He sleeps on YOUR bed??   ;) 

Ye, but he can't stay  ;)

Just comparing the look of his coat from 2 weeks ago to now - amazing what a few weeks of not living rough (and a little bit of brushing  ;) ) makes!

2 weeks ago

and now

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2010, 19:49:55 PM »
He is just gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2:  He sleeps on YOUR bed??   ;) 

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2010, 19:47:52 PM »
:drool; does he get on with other cats do you know?

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2010, 19:42:56 PM »
Chico is just  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Link to CatChat