Author Topic: GB's (or Charlie's) new home with me  (Read 48773 times)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
Re: GB's (or Charlie's) new home with me
« Reply #305 on: December 20, 2009, 17:17:13 PM »
A few more of Chuch as he doesn't get much of a look in now-awwww!    :Luv2:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #304 on: December 20, 2009, 17:11:39 PM »
 :rofl:  :rofl: No gf, just his kids..............! It was snowing when i eventually got there ( i got lost and it's only about 3 miles away-took me 45 mins!!!!!)  :Crazy:
Here's a couple of the when Chuch went into Charlie's room yesterday (?)   

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #303 on: December 20, 2009, 15:18:46 PM »
Yay! Fantastic update to the Chuch and Charlie saga!  :wow: :wow: :wow: Soon will be a time when doors will be open for good!  ;) :Luv2:

Please give both them gorgeous furries head rubs from me and the many! Any pics of Chuchy Shirley? Of course Charlie too!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :hug:

I was out last night, with the tasty one again, lol (fao Baz lol)  :rofl:  and they both lay in the hallway when i got back!   :wooooo:      :catplay2: nearly!!!

:wow: :-: :shify: On your own or was gf there?  :sneaky: :evillaugh: :naughty: :rofl: :hug:  Is it snowing where you are? Well I could of gave you tips if I had known, a fall in the right direction etc.....Swept of your feet in an avalanche....Let me know of your next outing..... :sneaky: :evillaugh: :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #302 on: December 20, 2009, 13:47:57 PM »
 :rofl: Trigger!    :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #301 on: December 20, 2009, 13:10:28 PM »
that's great to hear, Shirley

cats so hate change at first, but they usually come round to accepting it given time and patience - and sometimes they even get to prefer it to the old routine

:catlove: for each other might yet break out, and then you'll be on here sad because you've been left out :rofl:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #300 on: December 20, 2009, 13:02:47 PM »
Things are going great now! I leave the door open all the time now, when i'm in, and not at night, just in case............ ;)
They can be in the same room without any hissing or growling from Chuch and, yesterday, Chuch was on the settee as Charlie walked in, moaning as usual, and he just looked at him as if to say 'not you again'
I was out last night, with the tasty one again, lol (fao Baz lol)  :rofl:  and they both lay in the hallway when i got back!   :wooooo:      :catplay2: nearly!!!

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #299 on: December 16, 2009, 18:03:55 PM »
Lol Dawn

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #298 on: December 16, 2009, 15:11:52 PM »
men aside all sounds fairly good to me!!

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #297 on: December 16, 2009, 15:05:35 PM »
 :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Massage from you know who would be MUCH better than physio!    ;) :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #296 on: December 16, 2009, 14:41:55 PM »
 :wow: That is fantastic Shirley, see all that worry on your behalf!!!  :evillaugh: :hug: :hug:

Chuch is curious (as cats are) if Charlie was the confrontational type then I think there would of been the odd scrap by now, but I do see Charlie as laid back being used to other cats etc.....Once Chuch knows for sure that Charlie aint competition then there will be pure bliss Im sure!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :hug:

Im a bit concerned though and have an awful image in my head....You shouted (which I do often) but then you sprayed!  :scared: I do hope the puds dont get any bad habits from you!  :shify: :evillaugh: :hug: :hug:

Hope all goes well at physio for you Shirl.....Although Im sure a massage from a nice strong bloke (ex boss minus gf) would do equally good!  :innocent: :evillaugh: :hug: :hug:

TC x

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #295 on: December 16, 2009, 12:10:36 PM »
Just copied this from CC to save typing it again lol! (Off to physio soon!)

The door has been open since before 8am-Chuch sat opposite but no growling!

The last hour has been amazing! Chuch decided to sit opposite Charlie's door, while he was fast asleep! He must've got bored and went to sit on the windowsill in my bedroom. Charlie woke up, whimpering and had the nerve to walk into the bedroom (Chuchy's domain lol!) Chuch just sat there watching his every move, then lay down! Charlie lay down on the floor at the end of the bed and that's how it stayed for about 10 mins. Chuch then jumped down and sat about 2' away from Charlie, who never moved!!!! Chuch had a little growl, but that was it. They stayed like that for another 10 mins, then Chuch yawned and walked out!!!!!! He went back a couple of times and had a growl and the last time he did have a go, but i shouted and sprayed and he came away! Charlie is now back in his room, under the bed, and Chuch has just come in here for a nap lol! I think Charlie was being a bit cocky cos Chuch would normally be on my bed now and he was a bit scared, i think?? Unbelieveable!!!

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #294 on: December 15, 2009, 22:21:21 PM »
Think i'll rub some on myself to be sure lol    :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #293 on: December 15, 2009, 20:51:17 PM »
The power of cat nip!  :wow: :wooooo: :wooooo: :wooooo: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #292 on: December 15, 2009, 20:45:42 PM »
Chuch has just had another silly episode, wrapped around the cat nip covered scratching post, while Charlie was under the bed!  I can't believe it!   :wooooo:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #291 on: December 15, 2009, 18:23:31 PM »
Fingers crossed!  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #290 on: December 15, 2009, 18:22:07 PM »
I really cant see them having big probs either Shirley, Chuchy may be a dominant cat....I'd say that Charlie is submissive, great combination methinks!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #289 on: December 15, 2009, 17:00:59 PM »
Hopefully not, Trigger!   :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #288 on: December 15, 2009, 16:01:18 PM »
so glad the first hurdle is over :hug:

they may never become bosom buddies, but will almost certainly learn to tolerate each other's presence - as long as they can escape each other when they want to I reckon you will have no serious problems at all
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #287 on: December 15, 2009, 14:55:48 PM »
They worked!!!!!!!   :cheer:   I went out and bought some Catnip, as suggested by one of the ladies on CC to rub onscratching post to encourage Charlie to use it-his claws are soooooooooo long!
Charlie woke up about an hour ago so i fussed him and put the stuff on the post and old cat nip toys-he was in ectsasy!!!!     :drool;    Chuch woke up not long after, spotted him, growled then crept in, rolled on the wiggle waggle (?) so there they both are in the same room, 'flying' Chuch stayed there for about 10 mins, then dashed out. I fed him and he sat on guard duty again, Charlie was a bit nervous and chirruped a bit, jumped on the bed with his back to Chuch. I then fed Charlie, Chuch outside ready to pounce, but didn't, just growled!    :catlove2:  One day!!!   :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #286 on: December 15, 2009, 13:59:40 PM »
Good Luck Shirley! Im sure all will go to plan....Here's some strengthening vibes for you~~~~~~~They will keep you sane!  ;) :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #285 on: December 15, 2009, 08:08:11 AM »
I didn't realise you had a feral cat-i only joined Purrs earlier this year. He's gorgeous!!!   :Luv2: It's great to see him with the others-like Cramar lol!   :hug:

Charlie woke me up at 1am again-he thinks he's an alarm clock, i think!   :rofl:  He was sitting on the windowsill, crying-apparantly he used to to that at the CDS's, but the first time he's done it here. I gave him some food and fuss and then...........................................he played with his cat nip fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :dance: (At least i think he was playing, it was a bit rough lol)

I keep thinking about what Trigger said 'Chuch is more bothered by so near yet so far, than the reality' so i'll have a go later! Unfortunately my friend is at work (2 shifts) so wish me luck!   :hairrasin:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #284 on: December 14, 2009, 22:53:24 PM »
I cant say that I have done intro's ever in my house Shirley, Ive isolated for a while then put them in the room (open of course) that I think they would like as base first!!!

Blackie was kept in isolation for approx 8 weeks due to him being a true feral....Its been a lot of hard work but worth every eek and Oo that was had!

I cant find his early photo's but here's a linky.....He even accepts our dog!  :wow: 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,15801.0.html#bot

Yes I have 10 birds also, 5 budgies and 5 cockatiels!  :wow: They have their own room, where they get out each day for flight!  :wow:

The dog gets on with them, they even preen his fur!  :Luv2:

Latest pics of Blackie....He now braves the front room when we go to bed!  :evillaugh: :Luv2: :hug:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 22:54:47 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #283 on: December 14, 2009, 17:39:52 PM »
it was easier for me with Tosker, Shirley, because for several weeks they saw him outside the enclosure, and he only gradually encroached on their space

cats enjoy interacting with other cats, though - even if the interaction isn't particularly friendly, they still find it stimulating - if Chuch absolutely hates Charlie that hatred will still provide a new interest for him - and Charlie is used to being around other cats and is unlikely to react strongly to Chuch

they aren't going to hurt each other, physically or mentally, really they aren't
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #282 on: December 14, 2009, 17:13:45 PM »
'and of course Charlie can't go back to Cramar - you would never forgive yourself if anything happened to him '  I know that and i wouldn't, just on a downer at the moment   :(

I'm going to have to let them meet 'casually' aren't i? I just WISH i wasn't on my own............ :scared:

Tosker sounds amazing! Didn't you worry when he first met your other cats?  I'm a wreck at the thought of it!!!!   :stupid:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #281 on: December 14, 2009, 16:42:46 PM »
I think I'd let them meet casually, Shirley, as it seems to me you've got to the stage with Chuch where he is getting more bothered by the 'so near yet so far away' Charlie than he would with the reality

Tosker has totally taken me over here - sitting on me when I'm on the sofa and sleeping on the bed every night - and also pushing in if either of the other two come for fuss - but they're not particularly bothered - no physical signs of stress - they just accept what fuss I can give them uninterrupted

and today Trigger and Tosker were chasing each other in friendly fashion for the first time - that has taken over 3 months, so I think it's all a combination of patience and being laid back :hug:

and of course Charlie can't go back to Cramar - you would never forgive yourself if anything happened to him
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #280 on: December 14, 2009, 16:32:00 PM »
You have birdies as well as furries???    :omg:

Had a bit of a nightmare with them last night!    :shocked:  Chuch had a meow at me as he went outside (through the front door, past Charlie's room so that's an improvement anyway!!! ) all because i'd just come out of there!   :shocked:   Then at 1am, Charlie started whingeing so i got up and gave him some fuss and a bit of food, 1.30 he had another go    :grrrrrr: I was hoping for a lie-in as i'd had a late night Sat with tasty ex boss (and girlfriend!   :censored:) but they both had other ideas!   :hungey:

I've felt so tired and down today, i even thought about taking him back to Cramar-i don't think it'll ever come together      :'(

At the moment, they're both asleep, Charlie is back to his chirrupy self instead of hiding under the bed and i've had a nap!    :Luv2: 

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #279 on: December 14, 2009, 13:28:40 PM »
Watch out for the big white van with square wheels!!!  :shify: :heeee heeee: :hug:

He does not like anything new does he...very wary aw!!! Now the quilt has to start getting your house scent to be accepted lol!  :innocent:

Everything that I can see here though is fantastic.....This is really working out isnt it!!  ;) :hug:

I leave a radio on all day for my birdies.....I pay that much leccy Im sure I must own shares in it by now!  :shocked: :rofl: :hug:

If Chuch is just being Chuch thats great......If he wer'nt being himself then you would have probs!  ;)

Me and my lot are fine....  :thanks: for asking!  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #278 on: December 13, 2009, 16:29:52 PM »
Hi Bazsmum, well, i think i'll be carted off to the funny farm very soon!   :Crazy:  Yesterday, i bought Charlie a duvet and cover set for the bed in his room!     :Crazy:  :Crazy: (I'd read on CC that some cats like to snuggle under the duvet for warmth-not this little lad!) He didn't like it at all, and spent most of the day UNDER the bed and not on it! He's had my computer chair in there for a few days, which he likes, but even that hasn't tempted him out. Was worried about him really today till someone onCC suggested taking the duvet off and sitting on it for a couple of days, which i'm doing-feel like i'm i a sauna bath tho, but anything to sort him out!    :hot!: He came on the bed about an hour ago and had some fuss, but went back under!      :(
Oh, i've also got the radio on 24 hours a day for him-i'll need 2 part-time jobs to pay the leccy bill!!!    :faint:

Chuch is just Chuch-been asleep all day!    :yawn 2:

Hope you and yours are well!
 :hug:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 16:34:37 PM by Shirley »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #277 on: December 13, 2009, 15:46:02 PM »
Any new tales for us Shirley?  :naughty:

Hope you are all okay!  :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #276 on: December 10, 2009, 14:06:51 PM »
 :rofl:   :rofl:  you two! x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #275 on: December 10, 2009, 13:58:17 PM »
 :evillaugh: Sorry am just imagining a scene from Laurel & Hardy!!!  :rofl: Poor Chuch!!! No wonder Charlie prefer's his room!  :rofl: :naughty: :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #274 on: December 10, 2009, 11:27:24 AM »
Tosker still goes over the fence most days, and lies in the bushes watching the birds for around 20 minutes - then he comes back in - so very little to worry about there

Chuch has obviously forgiven you for bringing this alien into his house, now he's sussed out nothing bad is going to happen - except being doused with water, anyway, and he can't blame that on Charlie   :evillaugh:

Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #273 on: December 10, 2009, 07:12:26 AM »
OMG Trigger, he could be his twin!! He's gorgeous, isn't he! Does he still go out if he wants to?

Thanks Bazsmum, i've heard great reports about the laser pen on CC. My back still isn't right, in fact, bending down doing both their brekkies, i 've spilt a full dish of water over Chuch-oops!   :shocked: He then lay with his nose through Charlie's door for about 10 mins until one of them meowed and Chuch came in here when i called him and is now on my lap-awww!   :Luv2:

Thanks Jane have to agree! lol   

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #272 on: December 09, 2009, 22:46:47 PM »
 :wow:  lovely photos Shirley  :Luv2: :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #271 on: December 09, 2009, 22:28:26 PM »
Gorgeous piccies of Chuchy, Charlie and Tosker!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Hope your back feels better soon! I hope they love the laser Shirley....I have loads of fun in here with them!  :wow: :hug: :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #270 on: December 09, 2009, 22:19:39 PM »
have just taken this one especially for you - I couldn't get his full tubbiness in as he was trying very hard to get on my lap at the time ;D

Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #269 on: December 09, 2009, 19:12:12 PM »
Have you got a pic of Tosker?   My 'Tosker' gets no excercise (like his mom lol) so i've ordered one of those laser pens today!   That'll probably scare him to death as well!   lol

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #268 on: December 09, 2009, 17:49:49 PM »
Tosker's quite a tubby too - and looks so like Charlie in those piccies

maybe it's a common feature of little grey cats who have come in from the cold :Luv:
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #267 on: December 09, 2009, 17:20:46 PM »
Er, funny you should say that...................................................no!  I've had a bad back since Friday, so wouldn't be able to wade in if anything happened!   Chuch does seem a lot more laid back now, hasn't growled for a few days now-that feliway is good stuff!     :catplay2: maybe ONE day!  lol

I won a radiator bed on the auction-looking forward to giving that to the new arrival-4 weeks today he's been here! Tried playing with him with a thing on elastic today-he just shot off under the bed 
 :scared:

These photos taken recently-Charlie's getting a tub!!!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #266 on: December 09, 2009, 16:26:03 PM »
Hows things Shirl....Hope more steps forward between the two furbabes!!!  :Luv2: :hug:

Link to CatChat