Author Topic: GB's (or Charlie's) new home with me  (Read 48767 times)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Re: GB's (or Charlie's) new home with me
« Reply #425 on: February 15, 2010, 16:42:15 PM »
LOL sounds like Charlie when he was at Cramar! There was over 100 cats in the feral enclosure (like Secura cat, i think!) but  he had to be the one that got out didn't he, lol!   :sneaky:  There was another one they saw actually climb up,  (must be at least 10' high!!) swing himself over the 'lip' thing and down the other side, but he'd climb back in again, lol  :wow:

that's exactly what Tosker does, though my fence is only 6ft high - but now he's becoming fatter more cuddly I think he's finding it less easy ;)
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #424 on: February 15, 2010, 16:34:55 PM »
Blackie was born in a house and the people let him out to go feral!  >:( >:( >:( They could not even look after their kids (that sort!  :sick: )

He lived rough on a housing estate for over 4 yrs, my daughter would feed him but he would never come close when she was around.... We trapped him over 3 yrs ago and he has been with me since.... We took him in the trap to be neutered... He had already been done hence the chunk off his ear! The vet nurse said I would have fun with him as he was really fiesty.... Still is but not really with me, I can actually give him head rubs if he knows Im going too, I cant suprise him though or I would get a suprise back!  :evillaugh: :sneaky: :Luv2: :Luv2: :hug:

Glad you have handed your notice in!  ;) :hug:

Amazing when cats can get out of the proofing, my daughter CC has securacat fencing (think its called that?) and one of her's does that flip you mentioned!  :Crazy:

I imagine Charlie ending up a real cuddlebum like his twin Tosker.... Chuch has a new lease of life methinks!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #423 on: February 15, 2010, 08:59:44 AM »
LOL sounds like Charlie when he was at Cramar! There was over 100 cats in the feral enclosure (like Secura cat, i think!) but  he had to be the one that got out didn't he, lol!   :sneaky:  There was another one they saw actually climb up,  (must be at least 10' high!!) swing himself over the 'lip' thing and down the other side, but he'd climb back in again, lol  :wow:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #422 on: February 14, 2010, 23:32:00 PM »
Tosker can get in and out of my catproof (!) enclosure, but doesn't bother much these days, and only goes a few yards away for a short while

he might go out more often in the warmer months, but he is quite the home body these days, and does not want to do his own thing
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #421 on: February 14, 2010, 17:39:08 PM »
Blackie is beautiful   :Luv2: :Luv2: D Have you told me his story cos i can't remember!!!!  Brain completely gone!!!!    :rofl: (Have handed in my notice!!)  Does he go outside?   :hug:

Does Tosker go outside? My Charlie seems scared to death, not so bad when it's dark, (tho' still a struggle!)  but daytime...............especially when next doors Yorkie, the smallest you've ever seen, is in the garden  :rofl:  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #420 on: February 13, 2010, 20:34:14 PM »
PM'd you back and forgot to add to this thread!  :doh: :evillaugh: :hug:

Blackie has not really came round Shirl  :( I think this will be the best he will be.... But his life is so much for the better now, no running from nasty teens/dogs etc.... no more cold nights, comfy bed, no fleas or worms.... Think he is better off anyway.... You would laugh at him as I do, to see how wary he is (not as much with me) but with others.... This is him but he is loved for him also!  ;) :Luv2: :hug:

Glad the duo are still loving their new friendship.... leaps and bounds my dear.... Chuch actually looks smaller than him now on that pic lol!  :evillaugh: :Luv2: :Luv2:

A pic of Blackie.... His latest antic is to come in the front room when the tv is off and OH has gone to bed.... He sleeps in with many now!  :Luv2: :Luv2:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #419 on: February 13, 2010, 17:29:50 PM »
It's great that Tosker is so cuddly with you-you've worked wonders with the little lad!    :Luv2: I've known Charlie all of his (almost ) 7 years and he won't come on the bed when i'm in it-he's usually sitting outside the open door when i get up in a morning, a vast improvement from when he used to be crying in the night!!  :tired: Chuchy wakes me up anytime from 4am-grr!-to go out and even then, he stays asleep   :Luv2:

Charlie had used to be a slim puss but has plumped up since he's been here   :evillaugh: Lack of excercise like his mom  :rofl:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #418 on: February 13, 2010, 13:23:42 PM »
Tosker spends his whole life waiting for an opportunity to cuddle with me - I lie on the sofa each evening watching TV with him in my arms, and then have him on the bed all night

good job Trigger and Tiffany weren't cuddle cats or their noses would be well out of joint :evillaugh:

Charlie looks so like Tosker - same colouring, same eyes, same round tubbiness (I hope I'm not insulting him here - it's how he looks lying on the bed - he may be a long lithe athlete standing, for all I know ;))
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #417 on: February 13, 2010, 12:42:16 PM »
Awwww sweet!  :Luv2:   Does Tosker lie on your lap? Charlie walks across mine (a long walk!) but won't lie there yet   :scared:

I wouldn't say Chuch was more lively-still sleeps loads, but more alive when he is awake lol!   :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #416 on: February 13, 2010, 12:34:18 PM »
I knew once Chuch found out nothing bad happened to his little world with a Charlie in it, he would start to see some benefits

Trigger's a new cat with Tosker in the house - eating better, much more active, much more alive all round

and Tiffany has someone to fight with who fights back :shify:
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #415 on: February 13, 2010, 09:20:09 AM »
Just a little update! Things are still going great with my two furries! I'm beginning to think my old man, Chuch, is glad of a playmate sometimes lol   :rofl:  Charlie has hardly been out the last few days-he stands by the open door with his belly almost on the floor   :rofl: then goes back to the bedroom!  I'm hoping when i start sunbathing ( what's that???!) he'll join me and Chuch in the sunshine!   8)  He has started sitting by me on the settee a few times-awww!   :Luv2:

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 09:33:50 AM by Shirley »

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #414 on: February 06, 2010, 07:31:34 AM »
Awww Blackie in love with Gizzy, how cute's that!!!   :Luv2:  How long have you had Blackie and did it take a while for him to come round? Do you know how old he is?

Yes, it's wonderful to see my 2 now-about 10 mins ago, Chuch was crouched down, bum waggling ready to give chase, which he did, but just playfully    :catplay2: Charlie is still nervous at times, but confident enough to sniff Chuchy's bum when he's eating and jump on the bed when he's there!    :Luv2:

I've PM'd you    :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #413 on: February 06, 2010, 07:13:57 AM »
Aw so glad to hear they are really starting to enjoy being around each other now!  :Luv2: Blackie my ex feral adores Gizzy (Chuch's long haired twin) and Gizz just tolorates him, wish he would just give him a kiss or somethings cos he is seriously in love with him!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :hug:

Sorry to hear your job is getting you down hun, you stay on the sick as long as ness..... Hoping the stress is subsiding for you!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #412 on: February 05, 2010, 07:25:52 AM »
Hi Baz, things are still good with the furbabes, tho i think Chuch had a touch of PMS yesterday-he kept chasing Charlie and having a little boxing match, but Charlie stood his ground and had a go back!   :rofl:   Mostly they sleep all day in the same room, if not on the same bed, just brilliant!   :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

The job, well, i've been off sick since  with stress 21st January.............................. :sigh:    :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #411 on: February 05, 2010, 00:52:51 AM »
I hav'nt nosey'd in here for a while!  :-[ :hug:

Hope everything is rosey re the furbabes and hopefully your job!  ;) :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #410 on: January 31, 2010, 07:48:16 AM »
Awww thanks, Bazsmum   :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #409 on: January 31, 2010, 01:44:05 AM »
Gorgeous pics Shirl, he is a hunk!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #408 on: January 31, 2010, 00:25:08 AM »
Thanks Jane and Bianca, he is a beauty, can't believe he was born in a factory!   :Luv2:

Lol Trigger!    :hug:

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #407 on: January 31, 2010, 00:07:16 AM »
Hi Shirley its Bianca from the catchat.org.

Charlie is a fantastic colour, bet your so proud of him ;)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #406 on: January 30, 2010, 23:27:34 PM »
how did my Tosker get on your bed, Shirley :shocked:  :Luv:
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #405 on: January 30, 2010, 19:56:05 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: what a gorgeous boy he is
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #404 on: January 30, 2010, 19:44:55 PM »
Thought you'd like to see these-it's the first time he hasn't run away at the sight of the camera!!!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 19:45:27 PM by Shirley »

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #403 on: January 28, 2010, 16:45:13 PM »
Aww, sorry to hear that Gill   :(  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #402 on: January 28, 2010, 16:36:01 PM »
 :rofl: never mind  ;D

No sadly Kocka went to the Bridge in Jul 2005, 6 months after I moved here  :(

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #401 on: January 28, 2010, 15:37:42 PM »
Sorry Gill, oops! Have you still got HER? (Haven't done too well on my last post have i?)   :rofl:

How can anyone mistreat any animal, least of all a kitten???   :sick: So glad he took to you, Trigger  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #400 on: January 28, 2010, 11:14:05 AM »
Ummmmmmmmmmm I am Gill, the otherone is Gillian LOL

Yes Kocka was a grey stray who found me without a cat, I hated them but she was so gorgeous I fell in love with her almost straightaway :rofl:

Sounds like Charlie positively is searching out Chuchs scent  ;D

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #399 on: January 28, 2010, 11:00:54 AM »
Tosker came to me last May as a two year old - not sure how accurate that was, but as the rescuer told me he had been mistreated as  a kitten she presumably knew roughly how old he was

Charlie and Chuch are not avoiding the scent of each other, and that is a big leap forward
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #398 on: January 28, 2010, 08:07:28 AM »
Lol Trigger, you maybe right, tho' Charlie hasn't got that far with me yet! He still spends most of his time in 'his' room and is still jumpy at times and i've known him all his life! (He's 7 next month) At least he wants to stay with me cos he always comes back when he's been outside!   :Luv2:  How old is Tosker?   :hug:

I don't know about Kocka, Gillian -assume he was/is a grey stray then? I don't think my Charlie will ever be a cuddlebum! lol   :hug:

When i went to bed last night, i found Chuch on Charlie's bed and Charlie lying in the hall but, when i got up in the night for the loo, foung Charlie on Chuchy's cushion on the settee-awww!   :catplay2:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #397 on: January 28, 2010, 02:13:05 AM »
agree with trigger cos kocka was a total cuddlebum and also liked to sit on my shoulder  ;D

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #396 on: January 27, 2010, 22:08:37 PM »
must be genetic behaviour for little grey cats who come in from the cold

mine is glued to me for as long as I stay in one place, and is totally trusting of me

such a turn around 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 22:09:14 PM by trigger »
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #395 on: January 27, 2010, 21:53:17 PM »
Aww thanks for that-i am amazed how well he's taken to a home instead of the great outdoors!   :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #394 on: January 27, 2010, 21:38:21 PM »
Aw, I bet you are shocked how much Charlie has came on since being with you.... Job very well done in my book that is!  ;) :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #393 on: January 27, 2010, 21:36:48 PM »
Lol, i think you're right!   :evillaugh:  Someone from Catchat came to see 'the legends' today when they were in Charlie's room and he even let her stroke him!!!   :Luv2:  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #392 on: January 27, 2010, 21:04:05 PM »
Still think its all going great though Shirl, someone has to have the upper hand and I reckon Charlie has accepted that's not going to be him!  :innocent:

Chuch is much more curious of him..... He is also telling him "Im the boss, right!"  :evillaugh: :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #391 on: January 27, 2010, 21:02:09 PM »
Awww it's sooooooo cute isn't it?   :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #390 on: January 27, 2010, 19:15:17 PM »
I think they've reached the next stage, Shirley - where they mock fight but without aggression - just part of natural cat behaviour

Tiffany and Tosker are at that stage with me - there is still a bit of of hissing (from her) and paw waving and tail swishing from both,  but neither is frightened or runs away, and when they've finished with each other they will settle down quite close
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #389 on: January 27, 2010, 17:57:42 PM »
All change again! I went to post a letter today, came back and found Chuch lying on 'Charlie's bed'!!!!!!!  :wow: The only time he goes in that room is to chase Charlie back into it lol    :rofl:  They stayed together for about 3 hours!!   :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #388 on: January 27, 2010, 08:13:24 AM »
Thanks Gill, tho since then, Chuch seems to have 'gone off' him again and chases or swipes at him whenever he sees him!    :(  Charlie doesn't seem too upset by it tho-he'll still lie on the floor quite close to him so he's not that scared!    :evillaugh:   :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #387 on: January 26, 2010, 23:55:40 PM »
Great picture  ;D

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie