Author Topic: GB's (or Charlie's) new home with me  (Read 48771 times)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
Re: GB's (or Charlie's) new home with me
« Reply #345 on: January 10, 2010, 09:01:13 AM »
Didin't have notification of your reply again-have i pressed a wrong key or something?    :rofl:

Charlei actually went out for 5 mins this morning, braved the snow-yaaah! Chuch went out at 4am and then had a mad 10 mins after brekkie and went out again!!    :Crazy:  He's now asleep on my lap but has to move cos i've got to go visit mom......... :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #344 on: January 09, 2010, 17:41:50 PM »
Oh yep....I forgot it was Saturday!  :shocked: :evillaugh: I'd be a right slave driver would'nt I!  :naughty: :hug:

You stick by your guns Shirl, I have started jobs and they have tried to take the pee by changing hours etc, I would not of took the job on I would tell them If I knew that!!!  >:(

Freezing in work? Brrr!  :shify: That's not on, tell em that you needs the heat and if not you will strike!  :sneaky: :evillaugh: Seriously though, I really hope next week you get to your different department and all is bliss!  ;) :hug:

What sweetie babes you have waiting at home for you, so Charlie has made his way to your bed, Chuch just wants his cug cugs (cuddles) and Charlie is too wary yet....Reminds me of Pepe le Pew (sp) always chasing his lady love but she was having none of it!  :naughty: :) :Luv2: :hug:

One day, Chuch may just catch Charlie unawears and get a sneak hug!  :sneaky: :hug: :hug:

We are all fine, just loathing the snow!  :tired:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #343 on: January 09, 2010, 15:42:45 PM »
Am i working today????????? Are you crazy??????     :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: It was awful yesterday-i was on my feet all day and had terrible pains in my feet, legs and back, :tired:    plus it's freezing cold in there!!!    :grrrrrr: I'm going in earlier on Mon to see the boss-if they don't put me where i SHOULD be, then they can finish me-i'm not being crippled for crap money, or any money for that matter!!!     :rofl:

Chuch and Charlie were fine-well, no loose fur anywhere anyway lol   :rofl: Charlie lay on my bed-definately Chuchy's domain, but he just sat looking up at him!!!!    :shocked: I think Chuch wants to be friends but Charlie is wary of him still!

I cooked them some white fish today-sick of throwing cat food away   :Crazy: and they both licked their dishes clean!!   :hug:

Hope you and yours are ok  :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #342 on: January 09, 2010, 15:04:33 PM »
Hope your full day at work went well for you and the puds.....Im sure there will be no probs now, I think Charlie has given Chuch a new lease of life!  :wow: :Luv2: :hug:

Are you working today?  :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #341 on: January 08, 2010, 06:06:11 AM »
Yeah, something like the summer of '76 would be good, tho' didn't we have a good one in 1990 or something like that? Mind you, i can't cope with it too hot as i've got older!   :rofl:

Chuch doesn't seem to mind the snow, but doesn't stay out too long!   ;)

I'm at work all day today  :(     :sick:   so the two of them will be left together for the longest time so far    :scared:   Hope they'll be ok!!!!   :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #340 on: January 07, 2010, 15:05:56 PM »
Sorry Shirl, Only just seen this too!  :naughty: :evillaugh: :hug:

Sorry your not feeling very well, think this weather has knocked people sideways! Hope you feel better soon! Possibly got dusty with the mass of files to sort through!  :sick: :hug:

The snow is deeper, reminds me of being younger....Hope its gonna be a summer like that....Summer of 76 would do!  :wow: :hug:

Charlie now has the knowledge, that fluffy stuff aint as nice as a centrally heated house!  :sneaky: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Is Chuch enjoying the snow?

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #339 on: January 06, 2010, 21:07:53 PM »
Sorry Baz, only just seen this-didn't get the usual notification!  Things have gone from bad to worse-i had to phone in sick today!!!!!!     :-[   I woke up with no voice after having a terrible night coughing, sneezing and unable to breathe!   :tired: What a great start to my new working life lol!  This weather doesn't help either-even Charlie won't go out in it-you'd think he'd be used to snow wouldn't you? Maybe we haven't had it this deep in his lifetime!     :rofl:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #338 on: January 05, 2010, 18:20:00 PM »
Glad your first day went well (apart from your poor feeties!)  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sounds like you were missed, Chuch sounded very excited by your arrival, Charlie probably mesmerised by Chuch's silly half hour!  :evillaugh: :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #337 on: January 04, 2010, 21:08:16 PM »
Aww thanks all! Been back about 25 mins and am knackered!!!!   :tea:   My feet need amputating!!!!   Had new shoes and were too big so struggled to keep them on-the pain!!!!!! People are nice, flat shoes tomorrow lol!

Charlie was hiding under the bed when i got back and now Chuchy's running in and out like a maniac!!!!     :rofl:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #336 on: January 04, 2010, 20:52:45 PM »
Good luck with the job Shirley and hope that you have a good first night - am sure the boys will welcome you home after you abandon them! ;)
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #335 on: January 04, 2010, 17:34:40 PM »
Yay! The battle is over!  :wow: Glad they both have free reign now.....This is the best thing ever, them pics just prove that Ollie indeed needed a friend and Charlie is his little understudy!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :hug:

Hope your first day in your new job goes well Shirl......Cant believe its here already.....Oh and keep yer eyes on the keyboard!  :naughty: :rofl: :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 17:35:07 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #334 on: January 04, 2010, 16:04:51 PM »
they'll be fine now - the way Chuch is stretching out towards Charlie speaks volumes :Luv2:

you have done them both a big favour by giving them each others' company - and they are beginning to know it ;)

hope the job works out for you :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #333 on: January 04, 2010, 15:44:55 PM »
sounds great!  good luck with the new job

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #332 on: January 04, 2010, 05:24:31 AM »
Also last night, Chuch was asleep on the settee, and Charlie got up on his back legs to have a sniff at him!  :wow:  They both went outside, Charlie back in first, being gently chased by Chuch-i really think he wanted to play, but the little grey lad was scared!     :Luv2:
At bedtime, i went to lock up to find Chuch coming out from under Charlie's bed........................................ :hug:
I never shut any doors now, even when i'm out, which is just as well as i start my new job tonight.................. :catlove2:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #331 on: January 04, 2010, 05:15:43 AM »
Just look at this!    :wow:   
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 05:16:30 AM by Shirley »

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #330 on: December 31, 2009, 16:52:03 PM »
LOL Trigger and Bazsmum, he has put weight on (he was always slim!) which is another reason i want him to go out (as well as get his claws down-he doesn't get stuck on everything now lol!)   :rofl:

He woke me up at 4am, but i think that's cos Chuch was up as well! Sometimes i think he's telling me to change his litter tray-am i mad??   :Crazy:  but he shuts up when i've done it!   :rofl:

Thanks Jane, hope it continues!   lol

HAPPY 2010 TO ALL!   :hug:   :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #329 on: December 31, 2009, 14:56:32 PM »
Charlie looks as if he shares more than just colouring with Tosker - who has a little round barrel of a body - just the right size and consistency to cuddle :Luv:

little plump grey cats can climb though, can't they :sneaky:
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #328 on: December 31, 2009, 14:53:30 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv2: Great photos Shirley, glad all is going well
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #327 on: December 31, 2009, 14:34:39 PM »
Gorgeous piccies!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: Has the camera added some extra weight to him?  :wow: :Luv2: :hug:

Is Charlie still being a good boy overnight Shirley?  :hug:

:newyr 1: :new8: BTW!!!!  ;)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #326 on: December 31, 2009, 12:45:07 PM »
Photos of Charlie i took today-not the best quality tho!   
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 12:47:05 PM by Shirley »

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #325 on: December 28, 2009, 17:04:22 PM »
LOL Trigger! Chuch is fast asleep on my lap and Charlie is having a little moan-think he may want to go out, but he's got to pass Chuch..............  :scared:     

edit: and he's done it!!!!   :Crazy: Chuch has now gone out the front door and Charlie out the back-hope they don't bump into each other!!!!!!     :hug:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 17:15:42 PM by Shirley »

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #324 on: December 28, 2009, 16:55:16 PM »
don't you believe it - these two lads are going to enjoy mock fighting and chasing each other to ever show their feminine side by cuddling up to each other

they will keep themselves fit that way, and save their cuddles for you :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #323 on: December 28, 2009, 16:24:25 PM »
 :rofl:  Liz, think you're right! I've been out twice today, both for a couple of hours and left all the doors open-no problem!!!! Just got back and tried to get Charlie to go out, shutting Chuch in the kitchen, or so i thought, and he came outside, folllowed by Chuch!!!   :hairrasin:   He chased Charlie round the side of the house and Charlie jumped up the side gate and back along the fence, into the house.  Chuch just carried on over the gate-not a growl or hiss in sight!!    :wooooo:

One of these days soon............ :catplay2:    :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #322 on: December 28, 2009, 16:04:19 PM »
Sounds like great progress

Shirley you will need to start this new job soon for a rest!!! ;)
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #321 on: December 28, 2009, 13:13:03 PM »
 :phew: Im glad he has now decided to explore.....They love to worry us dont they!  :naughty: :evillaugh: :hug: I feel for you in this weather though, at least when it warms up you should be able to leave a window open for entry!!!  :hug: :hug:

Isnt Chuch a clever boy looking after his mum, he is teaching Charlie the way.....  :wow: :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #320 on: December 27, 2009, 20:11:09 PM »
He came back after one hour and 40 minutes!!! At least he knows where he live lol!   :naughty:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #319 on: December 27, 2009, 17:06:09 PM »
He hasn't woken me up the last 2 nights!!!! Chuch chases him back into his room, no hissing or growling tho, so not too bad!

Charlie was scared off by by neighbour's dog earlier-the smallest Yorkie you've ever seen    :rofl:

He went out nearly 20 minutes ago-before it's about 30 seconds! Longest time is 5 minutes! I heard him jump the fence and it's pitch black now and he's not coming when i whistle.................i wasn't too worried cos he did that the first time he went out but it was only a few minutes............... :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #318 on: December 27, 2009, 16:37:39 PM »
How's things Shirl?  ;) :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #317 on: December 25, 2009, 11:43:14 AM »
Oh Shirley, they are worse than a couple of kids arnt they!  :naughty:  :evillaugh: :hug:

Ear muffs or a cat flap would be my only suggestion... ;) :tired: :hug: :hug:

Hope you all have a lovely day....Kits will be snoring it out of course!  :innocent: :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #316 on: December 25, 2009, 08:26:46 AM »
He's still moaning all the time he's awake! Chuch chased him away a few times yesterday, no hissing or growling-he's probably as fed up as me of the whingeing lol!    :rofl:

I  took a risk last night and let him out at 7.30 (you can't see him in the dark!)-he just went round the side of the house and back again, about 3/4 minutes, then back inside! He'd had a quick sniff just under the window earlier, all of 20 seconds! For someone who's spent his life outside, he doesn't seem to like it now!    :scared:

Had another terrible night with him-he woke me up 3 times-ended up feeding him and changing his liiter tray at 4am!!!!    :grrrrrr:  This is on top of Chuch wanting to go out at 2.30am!   :tired: Think i've been a bit too soft with my furries!   :hug:

Charlie has been fast asleep since i got up an hour ago...................................... :censored:

:merry xmas:  to all    :hug:  :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #315 on: December 21, 2009, 17:34:29 PM »
I haven't got a cat flap Gill, so will stand there with the door open!   :xmas10:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #314 on: December 21, 2009, 17:05:05 PM »
I agree with trigger, he knows its warm and comfortable in the house with food on tap but he will probably just need to know he can get out and back in  ;D ;D

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #313 on: December 21, 2009, 15:32:39 PM »
' Hopefully his moaning on the windowsill will now cease'  It better had or he'll end up in the oven with the turkey, lol!   ;)
I've just got back, opened the door for him to go out, he EVENTUALLY came from his room, walked halfway up the path and dashed back in!!!!!   :Crazy:
I wouldn't like to see Chuchy's reaction just yet!    :evillaugh:

Hope he'll be like Tosker and realise where he's better off!    :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #312 on: December 21, 2009, 12:36:59 PM »
that sounds just perfect, Shirley - no doubt he'll give you the odd fright now and again - just to keep you on your toes - but I reckon he knows wehn he's on to a good thing, and will always return

Tosker has just had his daily sortie over the fence - he was gone all of 10 minutes - he never goes more than 10foot or so away, and I expect Charlie to be very similar in his habits - I think they just need to know they are free to leave if they want to :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #311 on: December 21, 2009, 12:25:36 PM »
That IS good Shirley, now he knows where base is!  :wow: I suppose it would of been insane for us all to believe that he would be content as an indoor only having spent much of his life outside!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Hopefully his moaning on the window sill will now cease!  :wow: ;) :hug: :hug: You should have no fear of him wandering either as he now has the best of both worlds and he knows it!!!  ;) :Luv2: :hug:

I wonder how Chuch would react seeing him outside?  :shify:  I know "patience"  :innocent: :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #310 on: December 21, 2009, 10:00:34 AM »
Decided to let him out, before i go completely insane   :grrrrrr: I copied this (again!) from Catchat cos have to go out soon! 

I opened the back door (he's in the front bedroom) and it took a while for him to come out. When he finally did he, he was nervous, tail down and flicking and walked to the back of the garden (only small) I walked towards him and he jumped over the 6' fence to the garden behind! Aarrrgh!! I could see him through one of the panels and he was just having a nosy around, then he went out of view, so panic! He was ignoring me whistling and shaking his biscuit box (always worked before!) so went back inside to get socks on (!) ready to go searching. As i went to put my shoes on, he appeared back over the fence and ran, nervously into the house!!!
So he knows where he lives then! (Maybe he realised it's better in here after all lol)
He was only out about 10 mins max and i'd forgotten the rule about letting him out when he's hungry-oops! but a good first outing, i think!      :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #309 on: December 21, 2009, 05:21:04 AM »
OMG he is GORGEOUS!!!!    :Luv2: He IS a lot like Chuch, isn't he?

I'm up at this ridiculous hour cos Charlie was crying-AGAIN!!!!     :grrrrrr:  He was alseep all day yesterday and started as soon as i went to bed, his normal trick lately   >:(   He's driving me insane   :naughty:  He was just sat by his food bowl when i went in-he'd got biscuits!!!   :Crazy:

Chuch has now got him cornered in here so he can't even get back to his room, no aggro tho' 'sigh'    :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #308 on: December 21, 2009, 04:57:41 AM »
Oo, any excuse for me to get some pics out......at almost 5am!  :evillaugh: :hug:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #307 on: December 20, 2009, 18:36:22 PM »
Have you got a pic of him ?      :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site