Author Topic: Any news on Portia? - Sad News  (Read 37352 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Any news on Portia? - Sad News
« Reply #221 on: July 09, 2009, 10:47:36 AM »
I think alot of lessons have been learnt here - as I said last week. 

Anyone owning pets, especially for the first time makes mistakes or hindsight would have done things differently, whatever has happened Lisa will be feeling gutted about this I am sure now so maybe it it best that she concentrates on making sure her other little one is ok.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #220 on: July 09, 2009, 10:44:15 AM »
The breeder was totally at fault,  Lisa you tried all you could to help Portia but it wasnt enough,  Angie tried all she could to help Portia but at the end of the day the poor baby is no longer with us, so as far as I see it the main loser in this situation was Portia and I would suggest that we remember that.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 10:45:51 AM by Daisymac »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #219 on: July 09, 2009, 10:43:14 AM »
I don't think anyone is blaming you Lisa - its down to the breeder - we have had similar cases in the past with a breeder doing just the same thing - I was due to take two of the cats from a rescue lady on here and they both had to be pts before they got to me

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #218 on: July 09, 2009, 10:38:35 AM »
Should have known people on here would look for a scapegoat in all of this. I did everything I could do for poor portia and yet people still feel the need to blame someone. At the end of the day I aint the one giving out poorly kittens. :censored: >:( >:( :( :'(

Myspace Glitter Graphics
RIP BABY PORTIA - APR-JUL 09 xxxx

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #217 on: July 09, 2009, 10:34:38 AM »
Wooooow  calm down everyone !!

RIP Portia xxx

And I hope Rosie is ok

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #216 on: July 09, 2009, 10:23:05 AM »
I think first priority now is to get Rosie to a vet and checked out, possibly not the PDSA, I know they are free but they weren't too useful with portia.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #215 on: July 09, 2009, 10:20:20 AM »
Lisa,  this from one of your earlier posts :

breeder is sending me emails saying i have given out her email address which i never gave it to anyone and that if i had got portia put to sleep like she told me to do there would of not been any of this upset

What I think is trying to be said is that,  if the breeder had told you to put Portia to sleep than surely it wasnt just a tummy problem that was going to go away over night.  Portia needed to be treated a lot quicker and perhaps a lot better (in the case of the PDSA vet) than she was.   To be 4 bus rides away from a vet when you are taking on a poorly cat is really not ideal.  

People on here have been following the Portia story for so long now that emotions are bound to run high,  my whole family have been following the story and in fact I called to my Mum to tell her Portia has died and she was in tears this morning so that is what it means to us all on here,  I am sure you are devasted as we all are,  but lets just remember Portia in all this and spend some time thinking how we can prevent this happening to another kitten out there.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #214 on: July 09, 2009, 10:18:49 AM »
So very sorry to hear this

If we could bring you back again,
For one more hour or day,
We’d express all our unspoken love;
We’d have countless things to say.

We’d say we treasured you,
And that your presence in our lives
Meant more than we ever knew.

To tell you what we should,
You’d know how much we miss you now,
And if we could, we would.

:RIP: :candle:      :RIP: :candle:      :RIP: :candle:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Any news on Portia?
« Reply #213 on: July 09, 2009, 10:17:48 AM »
breeder is sending me emails saying i have given out her email address which i never gave it to anyone and she that if i had got portia put to sleep like told me to do there would of not been any of this upset , feel like smacking her one  :censored:

Now that does not sound like a kitten who can be helped through diet!  :Crazy:

I could join in the slagging match lisa....but "me" I am far too good for that...I have said my piece, it was honest and from my heart!

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #212 on: July 09, 2009, 10:16:43 AM »
we are all upset today so lets not get too personal.

I agree partially with you Bazmum. If you have an ill kitten you must get it to a vet immediately and not wait.  if you are in a situation where you cannot do this then a kitten is not the best thing to have.

FIP (if thats what it is ) is not treatable, so it may not have made a lot of difference for poor Portia. However, any kitten you bring into your house may be exposed to the same thing via Rosie.

Poor Portia should never have been given away in the first place, and certainly not to someone who was new to kittens and who would struggle to be able to get to a vet promptly. And that is not an accusation Lisa, it is just stating a fact and you were a victim of this as fiasco as well.

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #211 on: July 09, 2009, 10:06:09 AM »
 who the **** do you think you are talking to when i took portia on i was told it was a tummy problem that could be sorted by diet i tried evrything to help her my finacial situation changed after i had her , so i put her in the best place she could be in a rescue , how dare you judge me . i loved her and hated evry minute of letting her go and every minute since .

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #210 on: July 09, 2009, 10:00:38 AM »
Sorry peeps and please excuse me! It takes quite a lot to get my back up, well this IS too much and I cannot contain myself!!!  >:(

I do not know of breeders but would like to know why they gave you a sick kitten lisa with instructions to pts? I really do hope that Rosie is okay, I know she did go through a sick spell and I would hate to think that the little love has been exposed to this!  >:(

Now I am wondering, I have tried to answer my own question but to no avail....Why take a kitten/cat on that you know has health probs and you also knew it would be a struggle for you to give it the attention that was required?

I am so mad I could!!!

Portia baby....you never asked to come into this world, you certainly never asked to go out....for the part in between I am so sorry for you that you were let down...God Bless you little one! xxx

Sorry peeps! If a mod would like to give me a telling off then I can take it! I just had to say my piece!

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #209 on: July 09, 2009, 09:47:49 AM »
Ross has just phoned and he says it looks like FIP.

He is going to try and get this confirmed. Once it is, I will inform the breeder as obviously this is contagious and the rest of her cats/kittens may well be infected.

what a sad week this is. Jill told me that Tigar (the oldie that went to the pub) and Ellie (BSH that I started a thread either here or cat chat ) died yesterday. Tigar of a heart attack and Ellie of complications after a stroke. Not a good time to be one of our cats! :(

Lisa if it is FIP you need to get Rosie to the vets immediately and what ever you do,  do not bring another cat into your home please.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #208 on: July 09, 2009, 09:46:22 AM »
Ross has just phoned and he says it looks like FIP.

He is going to try and get this confirmed. Once it is, I will inform the breeder as obviously this is contagious and the rest of her cats/kittens may well be infected.

what a sad week this is. Jill told me that Tigar (the oldie that went to the pub) and Ellie (BSH that I started a thread either here or cat chat ) died yesterday. Tigar of a heart attack and Ellie of complications after a stroke. Not a good time to be one of our cats! :(

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #207 on: July 09, 2009, 09:38:23 AM »
 :'(  :'( I'm so upset to read this

God Bless poor little Portia xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #206 on: July 09, 2009, 09:28:35 AM »
Thats so sad
RIP Portia Play well at the bridge baby
love
Tab

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #205 on: July 09, 2009, 09:27:14 AM »
Oh my goodness, such sad news, RIP little one, play hard at the bridge :hug:

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #204 on: July 09, 2009, 09:23:05 AM »
   :'( :'( :'( my poor baby  :'( rip babe
am devasted  :(

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #203 on: July 09, 2009, 09:20:07 AM »
Oh No,  I am heartbroken,   Portia you didnt deserve this,   RIP little one and play hard on the bridge xxxx

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #202 on: July 09, 2009, 09:11:26 AM »
Oh no, thats very sad news to come onto this morning.

RIP little one

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #201 on: July 09, 2009, 08:58:22 AM »
Oh no, I'm so sad to read this  :'( :'(

RIP little one.

PS I've amended the title xx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
Re: Any news on Portia? - Sad News :(
« Reply #200 on: July 09, 2009, 08:43:28 AM »
Oh no that is so sad, poor little girl she tried so hard to pull through. Play hard at the bridge darling and  :hug: to everyone who cared for her.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:57:27 AM by clarenmax »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #199 on: July 09, 2009, 08:40:33 AM »
Oh no!  :'(

RIP Darling Portia....Play hard at the Bridge little one....taken far too soon x

Everyone.....including me,  :grouphug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #198 on: July 09, 2009, 08:36:50 AM »
OMG Poor little Portia :( just when it seemed as if things were picking up, i cant believe this little lamb has gone she didnt deserve this  :candle: RIP little girl, safe at the bridge but not forgotten :Luv:

Edit .....Just lit your candle for you  :hug:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 14:31:08 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #197 on: July 09, 2009, 08:29:29 AM »
omg i can't believe it poor baby portia

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #196 on: July 09, 2009, 08:28:52 AM »
It is with sad news that I must report that Portia died during the night.

Ross has just phoned me up with the sad news. He had her at home during the night and was hydrating her but everything was leaking out through her bowel and they could not keep her hydration levels up.

He has asked my permission to do a biopsy of her intestine to see if it shows anything.

RIP little girl.

Can a mod bod (or lisa) please amend the title of the thread.

(I shall still take them a card in and something as they are upset but if anyone needs a refund please pm me)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:30:47 AM by Angie (covcats) »

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #195 on: July 08, 2009, 23:56:29 PM »
copious squits and very noisy too - count me out :sick:

I shall however be delighted to hear how her new meowmy - whoever she is - is coping in due course :evillaugh:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #194 on: July 08, 2009, 21:26:24 PM »
aww bless her am soo glad she is getting better  :Luv: :Luv:, i think she should go and live with the  vet nurse or ...............gillian ambercat    :naughty:   :naughty:

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #193 on: July 08, 2009, 12:15:41 PM »
Pretty good.....could do with a photo fix, though. ;) (Hehe, pushy aren't I?! :shy:)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #192 on: July 08, 2009, 12:15:06 PM »
Oh bless her,   I wish I was closer so I could give her belly rubs  :Luv2:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #191 on: July 08, 2009, 12:11:56 PM »
doh! karen could have asked!
just waiting for vet.....

diarrhea is firming - sand like bits in it now. she's being very noisy and having lots of belly rubs.....

OK?

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #190 on: July 08, 2009, 11:27:15 AM »
Go on Angie,  go annoy the vets,  we all need our Portia daily update fix  :Luv2:

'T'is true, Im afraid  :evillaugh: 
People Power Works!!!

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #189 on: July 08, 2009, 10:55:16 AM »
Go on Angie,  go annoy the vets,  we all need our Portia daily update fix  :Luv2:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #188 on: July 08, 2009, 09:43:37 AM »
So glad that little lovely has pulled through, would be great if she already had a home with nursey!  :shify: ;D

Now just to dry that little bot up!  ;)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2009, 00:00:37 AM »
I have sent a donation too -but not sure if it went through :-[  got a bit confused when a different window popped up asking for details again from Barclays about registering to stop card fraud !??- so if its not gone through i will redo it again tomorrow .

Really pleased the little babe has picked up and on the way to recovery . A good job done by all . :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 00:01:56 AM by bunglycat »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #186 on: July 07, 2009, 21:45:15 PM »
It will be lovely if the VN does have Portia,   couldnt think of a better home.   (well possibly with Gill  :naughty:)

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I reckon you mean Gillian, now I think about it  ;D

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
« Reply #185 on: July 07, 2009, 21:06:56 PM »
Well done Portia,  ;Dand more than that, well done all those involved in her story.

I would just love to offer her a home, but 4 cats really is the limit for me! Any more, and the fostering stops!

Wishing her and you all the best for the next few days. Lets hope she goes from strength to strength.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #184 on: July 07, 2009, 19:10:14 PM »
It will be lovely if the VN does have Portia,   couldnt think of a better home.   (well possibly with Gill  :naughty:)

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #183 on: July 07, 2009, 17:41:59 PM »
I've donated too.  No idea what to say on a message that won't be said by everyone else though really.

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26287.0.html

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #182 on: July 07, 2009, 16:34:11 PM »
Keep at it, Angie. I'd love Portia to go to a trained professional that she's bonded with while getting back to good health! :)

Oh, yes - that would be a perfect Purr-fect outcome  :)

She was telling me how she will only eat while being stroked :Luv2:

Oh, I wish I lived in Coventry - then she could have all the strokes she wanted, and whenever  :Luv2:
People Power Works!!!

Link to CatChat