Author Topic: Lost - my beautiful Buddy - Traumatised but home after 58 days  (Read 87725 times)

Offline fluffycloud123

• Distinguished Cat
  • monkey and jaspers mummy xx
Re: Lost - my beautiful Buddy
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2009, 19:43:17 PM »
Hi Miriam, please dont give up hope, my monkey went missing for well over a month and turned up a mile down the road.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2009, 19:21:51 PM »

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2009, 16:31:27 PM »
Thanks J,
My Buddy doesn't have a collar or microchip so I am feeling so much more hopeless. I wish the vet had told me about microchips all the other times he went to the vet but they never did.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2009, 16:29:17 PM »
 :hug:  As Christine says cats have been found after being missing much longer and I'm sure you'll never give up hope, poor you it must be awful but try and keep strong and I'm still keeping everything crossed for you xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2009, 16:24:12 PM »
What I want to ask, is when do you admit defeat?,

You don't.

A couple of years ago I myself reunited a cat (Zsa Zsa) with her owners right here in Fulham.  Zsa Zsa had been missing for three months!  Her family thought they had lost her for ever.  Our home is not 500 yards from Zsa Zsa's home, but it is the other side of a churchyard and a mews area so, while it is a straight line for a cat, it is a ziggedy-zaggedy way for a human.  Bear this in mind when thinking where Buddy could be.

NEVER, ever give up hope.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2009, 16:14:30 PM »
Hi Forum,
My Buddy has been missing for 17 days now, I've done every recommendation going but sadly no return.
I've even written to Pea at animalthoughts via previous entries on here and I am waiting for my e-mail to be responded to, to see if she will help us.

What I want to ask, is when do you admit defeat?, coming home time after time from searching empty handed. Response to posters and leaflets have dried up ( no call for 4 days now), I've even seen some of my posters ripped down, they are laminated and cabled tied so someone would have to heavily tug at them to destroy them.

To date, there has not been a single sighting.

How can you keep yourself believing that you will ever see your little furball again?
Thanks

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 08:46:42 AM »
Hi again Miriam,

Cant believe it has happened again!  >:( :( What are they playing at!!!  :Crazy:

I think when you meet others in similar situations to yourself it makes you believe in what you do...you are doing everything correctly!  :Luv: :hug:

I like the idea of that Kitty Circus....Im sure many peeps cats have visited there as it does its turn all over the world!  :Luv: :hug:

Keep well!  :grouphug:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 08:47:41 AM by Bazsmum »

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 08:33:28 AM »
Hi B,
Thankyou for your comment.
I leafleted further afield and got several sighting calls. Last night, I bumped into the cat the calls are generating, like mine a tabby with a beige belly  but it is a very young cat where as my Buddy is 8 years old.
A week after my cat went missing, ANOTHER cat escaped from the same vet's!, I couldn't believe it! That one is an 8 month old still with her side shaven from an operation. Then when I was on cat patrol last night, I bumped into a lady who was leafleting for her missing cat!, so now I am looking out for 3 little cat's!.

More and more I am thinking that the cat seen in a fatal RTA was mine as it happened after the day he went missing, he was a back garden cat and wouldn't understand cars. The family that witnessed it buried the cat themselves and are too uncomfortable to speak about it so I have very limited details except the date it happened and that it 'looked very like' my cat.
I'll keep searching though.
I read through previous posting in the forum and it gives me strenght.
In my internet searching, I read a story by a guy who consoled himself by believing his missing cat ran away to kitty circus, I like this theory.
Now there are 3 cats missing here, I like to believe that there must be some fantastic kitty club somewhere, maybe they got a great tree house and hang out all together, their version of Heaven on earth.
Thankyou so much, Miriam

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 03:57:27 AM »
Any news?  :hug:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 21:10:26 PM »
Hello Miriam and   :welcome:  to Purrs

Pleased to have you on board but sorry that you have found us under such sad circumstances

I wish you good luck in finding Buddy

Please come home soon Buddy

:where:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 20:43:15 PM »
 :hug: that's what we're here for and never give up hope

Keeping everything crossed for you xx

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 20:22:18 PM »
wow, thankyou for all the new tips everyone. I'm gonna make more leaflets tomorrow now as I have run out. Thankyou all for giving me hope. I hope  can return the kindness.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 20:06:25 PM »
Although dont rule out a certain area just because you have already been there, sometimes they are afraid to come out or maybe just asleep!

Go to the furthest area you are searching, then on your way home call him, take the contents out of your hoover bag and sprinkle a path for him to follow home....

Very best of luck!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 19:55:08 PM »
Buddy will be trying to make his way home, Miriambuddy: that's what cats do  :hug:

You need to leaflet the intervening areas, and don't forget that Buddy can walk where you can't, so nowhere is ruled out.  Seven minutes for you is seven minutes for Buddy too, so he may be very close but just disorientated.

We've seen so may cats come home in these circumstances, so keep positive, but leafletting is a must.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 19:52:39 PM »
 :care: :grouphug: :wish:

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 19:45:52 PM »
Thankyou everyone.
Buddy was lost from Goddards vet on Horn Lane Acton. Part of my anger now is why the vet didn't offer to microchip him on all his annual visits, I never heard of it before this disaster.

In walking terms, the vet's is about 7 minutes away, ironic he is so near but at the same time so far from home. For this journey he would have to go through two sets of traffic lights though. The back way is split by mainline railway tracks so that rules out going through gardens.
Otherwise is is just rows and rows of streets until hitting the main high street or in the opposite direction, the A406.
Just the not knowing is impossible to deal with.

Offline cazanna67

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 14:06:24 PM »
 :(

Thinking and hoping for you,  :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 11:11:03 AM »
 :hug:
I hope you get him home soon.
Have you looked at the area on google earth? It may help you pinpoint some green areas you didnt know about and could be a hide out for him.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 10:01:26 AM »
I hope you hear some postive news soon hunnie  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 09:56:24 AM »
I'm sorry to welcome you to Purrs in such worrying circumstances, Miriambuddy.  One of our members lost a cat in exactly the circumstances you describe and she found him between the vet and her own home: he was trying to make his way home.  How far from your place in Acton is the vet?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 08:08:24 AM »
I have family in Ealing so I'm often over there it that is any help I don't mind leafleting or something - which vet were you at?

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 07:24:29 AM »
Thankyou everyone for your very kind words, It means a lot to know there are people out there who understand how I feel.
I have to go back to work today, if I can make it through the day without crying it will be a miracle as silent tears are already falling. I work outside so can't just run to the ladies when the tears fall but I know my colleagues will help me as much as they can. Maybe the distraction of work will help.
I'll never give up hope, like the lady on here who has been looking for her cat since 2006, I'll be just like her.
Thankyou

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 23:57:39 PM »
My heart goes out to you as i know the pain ,as others also do of loosing a furbabe all i can do is send lots of homing vibes for Buddy.s safe return and lots of  :hug: :hug: :hug: for you,
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 23:29:05 PM »
So sorry to hear about Buddy being missing - really hope he comes home soon safe and sound  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 22:44:18 PM »
Me and Buddy live in Acton, West London. The lady who saw the RTA cat had not seen his picture before today and they didn't take that cat to the vet so I'll never know.
I just read the visualisation but how can you keep your breathing calm when all you can do is cry?
I made fish fingers for dinner earlier and as always I cooked one extra for him. It's still sitting on the grill. Why isn't he here to eat it?

:grouphug:  I'll say a special prayer for you and your Buddy tonight

Me too!  :grouphug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 21:52:48 PM »
Me and Buddy live in Acton, West London. The lady who saw the RTA cat had not seen his picture before today and they didn't take that cat to the vet so I'll never know.
I just read the visualisation but how can you keep your breathing calm when all you can do is cry?
I made fish fingers for dinner earlier and as always I cooked one extra for him. It's still sitting on the grill. Why isn't he here to eat it?

:grouphug:  I'll say a special prayer for you and your Buddy tonight

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 21:38:48 PM »
Oh hun my heart goes out to you it really does  :hug:  I inow when my boy went missing I was a complete and utter wreck and I know that feeling of constant crying.

I really wish I had a magic wand to bring your baby (and all the other missing furbabes) back home to you and their owners.

I know it's not much comfort but you are amongst friends here and we all understand how you are feeling so if you need a cyber shoulder to cry on you will find  plenty here xxxxxxx
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 21:58:25 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 21:04:50 PM »

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 20:54:07 PM »
Can I ask though - did the lady say the cat looked your Buddy? I guess they didn't take him to the vets to check for microchip?

I will keep everything crossed for good news for you xx
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 20:58:01 PM by Janeyk »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 20:53:51 PM »
Oh Miriam I'm so sorry you've found us at such a difficult time ... we all know the pain and heartache when a furbabe goes missing.

Whereabouts are you?  and where did Buddy go missing?

Please don't give up on your baby.  Also have you tried visualisation? http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,14171.0.html

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 20:52:12 PM »
Oh no!  What a cutie Buddy is.

Where about are you?  There might be some local forum members who can help.

There's also some good advise topics at the top of this section.

I hope Buddy is home soon :hug:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26287.0.html

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 20:50:31 PM »
 :hug: awww my heart goes out to you it really does, I wish could I could help I feel so upset for you  :hug: I can't think of anything else to suggest hopefully some one can suggest something else. 

What I can say though is don't feel alone you can always come on here for support  :hug:

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
Lost - my beautiful Buddy - Traumatised but home after 58 days
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 20:42:17 PM »
Dear Forum,
I hope some of you can help me.
My beautiful cat Buddy has been missing for a week now, he escaped out of his pet carrier outside the vets as the clasp snapped, the vet's is not in his neighbourhood so he doesn't know where he has run off too. I have done tons of posters, leafleting, animalsearchuk, vets, shelters, etc. I've been called out to 6 different sighting, racing out the door full of hope but it is never my Buddy. I've patrolled out over and over and over again, calling his name and tapping his bowl.I live alone and he is my best friend, I can't cope without him. He isn't microchipped as the vet never spoke to me about it before.
We've lived together for 8 magical years and I just can't believe he is not here.
I put a poster outside the main town's supermarket today and a I saw a lady writing down the phone number and said to her it is my cat, had she seen him. She told me that on Saturday, the day after Buddy went missing she saw a cat in an RTA several miles away from where he went missing and the cat died in her arms. Her son came and wrapped the cat in newspaper and buried it.
How can I know for sure if this is my beloved, he never went far from home.
I can't take this pain, being without him, my whole world is completely destroyed. He is all I have. I can't go anywhere without seeing a poster I put up with his beautiful face on it.
I'm just so destroyed, I can't take this.

Please, tell me what I can do.
Thankyou
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 14:24:42 PM by miriambuddy »

Link to CatChat