Author Topic: Lost - my beautiful Buddy - Traumatised but home after 58 days  (Read 87757 times)

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
Re: Lost - my beautiful Buddy
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2009, 11:17:45 AM »
Hi everyone.
Thankyou for your kinds words and thoughts.

I can't find him, what more can I say?

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2009, 09:51:46 AM »
Hi Miriam,

Hope you are okay? I was trawling the sites as you do and came across a pic of your darling Buddy, hope you dont mind me putting him on here?  :shy:

Still thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck in your search!  :Luv: :hug:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2009, 11:41:19 AM »
Anyway, yes, we've been sidetracked a bit (I know I'm partly responsible) and haven't heard from Miriam.

Sorry think I started that by saying the reading was a load of tosh !!!

My fingers are still firmly crossed that You find him.....Do NOT give up !

Yes posters....and lots of them...

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2009, 09:41:40 AM »
Anyway, yes, we've been sidetracked a bit (I know I'm partly responsible) and haven't heard from Miriam.

The most important thing, Miriam, is to keep up your hopes and your practical efforts to find Buddy.  Trigger may well be right: I looked after Zsa Zsa by feeding her outside until I could catch her and get a proper close look at her: someone may be doing exactly the same for Buddy.  Posters and searching are essential  :hug:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:42:25 AM by Christine (Blip) »
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2009, 04:30:36 AM »
there is also the third possibility - that Buddy has been taken in by someone who is caring for him

no consolation for you, Miriam, at the moment, but not the worst thing that could happen to him :hug:

That is a big possibility!  ;)

My cat was missing for 13 days trapped in a lock up/garage type building, he lived off spiders and dew and apart from losing some weight and stinking of oil he was fine.....

Still thinking of you Miriam, and sending you more vibes for Buddy's return!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2009, 22:25:16 PM »
there is also the third possibility - that Buddy has been taken in by someone who is caring for him

no consolation for you, Miriam, at the moment, but not the worst thing that could happen to him :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2009, 20:14:14 PM »
I'd just like to add that although people often get tricked into believing that these people tell you things that they couldn't know it is an elaborate con trick, same with the people ones. They actually read your signals really well and play on the uneven way that human brains filter information throwing out more negative stuff and paying undue weight on the positive. I studied experimental psychology at Cambridge and I can assure you that in a controlled experiment they do not tell you any more than chance/statistics would expect if you took a likely stab in the dark.

I'm so sorry if you are a believer, if it helps, great - but do not give conmen and conwomen money, this is why they do it - to get money the easy way without any real work. Read up on NLP and you'll find some interesting stuff about micro signals and all sorts...it is total tulip that they can contact your cat.

If I were Pea I'd go for saying that the cat is dead as if you think about it - if the cat comes back alive and well then you're so happy you probably aren't going to go back to her and complain - and anyway she used the caveat that she isn't always right. Neither am I so please give me £70! Go away parasite people.....

Miriam I really hope Buddy finds you or vice versa - here is a fact, my cat came back Saturday after 2 weeks finding food for herself in the fields (no bins, no humans to help) she is now a spider eater....my neighbours cat came back after 3.5 months and looked fitter! If Buddy is out there he can probably feed himself or he will find a human to help. If he isn't out there then there's nothing anyone can do and he is at peace.

Best wishes - stay strong.
Julia

I could not have put this better myself, Julia.  I studied psychology at Durham, btw  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline bombaycat

• Adult Cat
  • Billy Buttons and sister Coco
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2009, 20:07:34 PM »
I'd just like to add that although people often get tricked into believing that these people tell you things that they couldn't know it is an elaborate con trick, same with the people ones. They actually read your signals really well and play on the uneven way that human brains filter information throwing out more negative stuff and paying undue weight on the positive. I studied experimental psychology at Cambridge and I can assure you that in a controlled experiment they do not tell you any more than chance/statistics would expect if you took a likely stab in the dark.

I'm so sorry if you are a believer, if it helps, great - but do not give conmen and conwomen money, this is why they do it - to get money the easy way without any real work. Read up on NLP and you'll find some interesting stuff about micro signals and all sorts...it is total tulip that they can contact your cat.

If I were Pea I'd go for saying that the cat is dead as if you think about it - if the cat comes back alive and well then you're so happy you probably aren't going to go back to her and complain - and anyway she used the caveat that she isn't always right. Neither am I so please give me £70! Go away parasite people.....

Miriam I really hope Buddy finds you or vice versa - here is a fact, my cat came back Saturday after 2 weeks finding food for herself in the fields (no bins, no humans to help) she is now a spider eater....my neighbours cat came back after 3.5 months and looked fitter! If Buddy is out there he can probably feed himself or he will find a human to help. If he isn't out there then there's nothing anyone can do and he is at peace.

Best wishes - stay strong.
Julia

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2009, 13:32:53 PM »
I used a couple of communicators when Lilly went missing.  The first one was free and did a reading without a picture or anything and said she was trapped.  The second was a paid reading with someone who I think was called Linda and came back that she was alive and in a shed but couldn't escape but that she was patient and was waiting for me to find her and knew she would be found.   Like you that tore my heart to shreds and I searched long and hard for her with no joy.  The third reading was with Pea and she said she thought she had died.  Pea's reading was the only one that gave me specific details about Lilly and her personality and life with us that she couldn't have guessed.  There are other reasons why I believe that what Pea said may have been correct but that is another story.

I do think there is something in this animal communication thing but from what I have read, the images and feelings received, is open to interpretation.  At the end of the day you know yourself what you have done to find Buddy and there is only so much you can do.  It broke my heart when I stopped looking for Lilly and four months on I am still devastated when I think of her.  I still hope that one day she will return to me but I had done everything I physically could to find her and couldn't keep going on.  I took the view that if Lilly was still alive then, like Buddy, she has her own role to play in keeping herself alive and finding her own food to eat. 

If you have the strength to do so, keep searching the area between your house and the vets at different times of the day (maybe if Buddy has a favourite toy take that with you to see if he can be tempted out) but don't beat yourself up over what you have been told. You can't do more than you are doing and you may never know the truth of what has happened to him.

Take care,

Karen

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2009, 23:58:07 PM »
I really hope you find Buddy Miriam, I'm a very level headed person and don't normally believe in 'alternative' thinking such as this but I personally have had a very positive experience with Pea. I would agree with others however that if it's making you feel worse then you shouldn't dwell on what came out of the reading  :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2009, 23:42:07 PM »
Her name is Pea Horsley and she is an animal communicator, or so she claims, she has her own web site,just key in and up she pops :censored:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2009, 23:14:20 PM »
I don't believe in all that old rubbish - If they give you hope, fair enough but given that it is a load of old tosh AND she is making you feel bad, even worse  >:( - I agree there are lots of small animals around and cats are expers at scrounging a meal  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2009, 23:10:33 PM »
Right who is this  :censored: Pea ?

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2009, 19:38:36 PM »
When my Wizzy went missing i got in touch with Pea it cost me £70 for her to tell me a load of rubbish  she told me that she is not always correct in interterpreting what comes through,and i spent hours mulling over what she did tell me,she prays on peoples misery and loss and i havent yet found anyone who she has helped to find their cat or other missing animals,, please dont be taken in by her ,most of the people i have spoke to siad that she has told them their pets have passed over,she then tells you how sorry she is .At £70 a throw i bet she is >:(                     Please dont sit fretting that Buddy is starving to death as the others say there is plenty of food out there for them and they do survive :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 19:52:37 PM by bonnielass »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2009, 18:21:19 PM »
I too am in the (dont believe club) I think its outrageous that because of what she has said you are now feeling hopeless!  >:( :(

I am not against people who search out these so called communicators etc....They are the vulnerable in my eyes!  :(

Look into your own heart for answers....you know your babe best!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline bombaycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2009, 18:13:00 PM »
Miriam, keep your hope up - I thought Mia was gone for good too - we just couldn't believe that she would not come home unless she was badly injured or shut in somewhere. And 2 weeks later she comes back, obviously not injured and she would not have survived 2 weeks locked in somewhere without water in this heat. So sometimes cats can find their way home after surviving out in the wild for a while (my neighbour's cat came back after 3.5 months).
Mia has some new habits - she has obviously had to eat all available food - even though she is eating cat food again I noticed that she wolfs down any insect, fly, spider that she's sees straight away. Needs must I guess - nature is wonderful.
I'm sure if Buddy is out there he'll find you or you'll find him - or someone else will.
My very best wishes to you - keep up hope - I thought I'd looked everywhere but you never know - they can just appear.
(Tend to agree on psychic stuff I'm afraid - it is a load of bunkum and if it is upsetting you even worse....sorry, just my opinion.)
Julia.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2009, 11:28:46 AM »
me neither Michelle - I'm afraid there are people out there only to ready to feed other people's anxieties, and some even charge for it >:(

I would expect most cats would survive fairly easily at the moment, given the numbers of young birds and  mice around

it is the winter months which are the hardest, and even then few cats die of starvation alone, if they are able to roam
Robert A. Heinlein:

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2009, 10:38:45 AM »
Pes said that he was weak and hasn't been spoken to by anyone and not eaten anything, he's too scared.
So now, all I can think is that my beautiful Buddy is slowing starvying to death because I can't find him. It is like I am killing him by not being able to find him and bring him home. 

Sorry but i do not believe in this crap for one min....and nor should you  :hug:
what a load of  :censored:

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2009, 10:11:41 AM »
Hi everyone,
With all the clues provided by Pea, I've searched out every possible place. She said that he is hiding in one particular place so on Friday night I even roped my friend in for a midnight search but nothing. The main clues are along the edge of the mainline rail way lines in between my house and the vet where he went missing from, there is a lot of dense shrubbery which slopes down towards the tracks and completely unaccessible.  Out again Saturday morning in the light, nothing. Put more posters up, more leaflets, more searching, nothing. Put food out, not touched. Read over and over and over again Pea's clues but couldn't find anywhere with all of the details described. when I was out this morning, I finally realised that Buddy was describing his own back garden, he was very specific about our fence. Pes said that he was weak and hasn't been spoken to by anyone and not eaten anything, he's too scared.
So now, all I can think is that my beautiful Buddy is slowing starvying to death because I can't find him. It is like I am killing him by not being able to find him and bring him home. 

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2009, 03:35:02 AM »
Thinking of you and hoping all is well!  :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2009, 13:53:21 PM »
It does sound horrible but it could give people closure which is so important.

It is!  ;)

But we cant forget Fluffy's Monkey when he was missing.....   http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,23298.0.html#bot

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2009, 08:01:50 AM »
It does sound horrible but it could give people closure which is so important.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2009, 23:31:15 PM »
you've made me realise, Michelle,  that if I am ever in  that position I must take photos from every angle in case an owner comes forward

not knowing is the worst thing possible 

but hopefully Buddy is out there somewhere waiting to be found
Robert A. Heinlein:

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2009, 23:05:09 PM »

More and more I am thinking that the cat seen in a fatal RTA was mine as it happened after the day he went missing, he was a back garden cat and wouldn't understand cars. The family that witnessed it buried the cat themselves and are too uncomfortable to speak about it so I have very limited details except the date it happened and that it 'looked very like' my cat.

This is going to sound terrible but....

A few years ago a cat was run over in a lane near to a house where my hubby was working. My hubby buried the cat in the garden of the house.
A couple of weeks later an owner came forward, they had been on holiday. Hubby described the cat and it matched their cat. The owners asked if he would dig the cat up as they would like to make sure and also they wanted to take him home to bury.
Hubby of course did this...he said the cat hadnt changed at all by being buried for 2wks (it was their cat btw)

Dont know if you would consider doing this to put your mind at rest either way.
Hope you dont mind me suggesting it  :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2009, 22:49:05 PM »
Fingers crossed, i really hope you can find him safe and sound :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2009, 22:08:40 PM »
 :crossed: :best:  ;D

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2009, 21:47:21 PM »
Hi everyone.
I thought I would let you know, i have had communication from Pea at animal thoughts and Pea has ascertained that Buddy is still alive, yippee!
Now the jigsaw puzzle in trying to find him on the limited information he is able to provide Pea.
Thankyou all for helping us, fingers crossed I can provide some good news.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2009, 08:39:25 AM »
Fingers crossed this is Buddy,sending lots  of postive vibes for you  :hug:

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2009, 23:41:11 PM »
Hi Christine and everyone,
Thankyou for your info.
My calls are forwarded to me via animal search UK and when i go on an evening check to a house, the boss, Tom, requests me to call him back after so that he knows i go home OK.
I guess being an ex copper is still in his blood!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2009, 18:57:29 PM »
I hope this is Buddy, but in any case, please take someone with you if you go to a stranger's house  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2009, 06:53:33 AM »
We get lots of cats in our garden both domestic and the ferals and tbh there is no difference in the way they behave.  None of domestics (even next doors) will come for a fuss nor the ferals.  The ferals though do let me get very close within inches  (although not to stroke) now as they all know me so well.  I would also think that the cat may well be quite dirty.  I would ask the chappy to help you with this and try and get a photo of the cat if he sees it again and if he does and it is a certain time it visits then either go round or if it's random borrow a trap.   Lots of luck  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2009, 02:52:00 AM »
 :crossed: Thinking of you and hoping that this is Buddy! Good Luck!  :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2009, 23:45:33 PM »
I would certainly expect a domesticated cat which is now fending for itself to slink around cautiously, as it knows it is competing for its food, and that there are other cats out there which might attack it

Tosker comes to my garden every night for food, but although he looks well, he approaches his food belly down and eyes everywhere - and I never see him grooming himself after eating - he is too keen to get back to his garage where he feels safe

Buddy may be hiding out somewhere where he is getting dirty - that could be a clue for you - a storage shed, a coal bunker etc.
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2009, 23:31:28 PM »
Hi everyone,
I hope you are all well.

I've started contact with Pea at animal thoughts, hopefully it will help a lot.
I have a secondary question for you cat experts if I may?.

I received a call earlier from a man who may have seen my Buddy at 2.30 this morning in his back garden helping himself to the resident cat's bowl. what my question is though is that the man said the cat almost moved in a 'feral' way, not like a regular domestic cat. Do cat's in a state of caution and fear revert to their genetic wild/feral way's? He said the cat looked quite dirty as well. Do lost cat's stop grooming?
Thanks,
miriam

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2009, 14:08:50 PM »
oh don't give up - don't know if you saw Ron's post yesterday about a cat that had been missing (I think) 244 days and turned up a few gardens away from home and had been being fed by someone most of the time

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2009, 13:47:08 PM »
 :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2009, 10:23:25 AM »
Hi Julia,
Thankyou for your message, to lose two babies, I can't imagine how painful that would be.
They have no idea how much we love them!
This morning I went on about my 9th possible sighting, as usual it's a different cat, everytime I get the feeling of hope in my belly but I know it will be an anticlimax.
I've got in touch with Pea from animalthoughts.com who is a proven animal communicator and she is able to take on our plea which is fantastic. I don't know how it works but Pea is able to, I guess telepathically reach the animal via their photo and can find out if they are dead or alive. If alive, Pea is able to get some indication of their circumstances. I've never had any experience of the 'physic' world but who am I to deny what has proven successful to so many others?

I hope Mia comes home soon, part of the kidding myself about Buddy is imaging he has gone on holiday!, but this is all just trying to find comfort.
What a comfort is it though to have this forum, the days would be so much darker without it.
Take Care,
Miriam

Offline bombaycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2009, 09:39:37 AM »
Hi Miriam,
I know exactly what you're going through as I am too, Mia (only 17 months old) went missing 10 days ago - I'm heart broken. She is microchipped but she is missing in the countryside so it isn't necessarily helping unless she comes across humans. This is the second Bombay I've lost, Billy was 2 years ago (he has not been found to date) - this is making me even more sad that Mia won't be found either. I'm trying to keep up hope - I've been out with the laminated posters too - I know what it's like - I'm trying to keep up hope but the empty house thing stings every time - I know exactly what you mean. Everyday feels like a further distance from finding them - but my neighbour lost her cat (an indoor cat) for 3.5 months and she just came waltzing back in looking totally fit and healthy so you never know.....let's keep hoping.

Come back Buddy.
Come back Mia.
Come back Billy.

Julia.

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2009, 21:09:04 PM »
Thanks everyone.
Those two long missing cat's being found are amazing.

I even had a call out this evening, just got back. an elderly man saw a cat in his garden and managed to bring it into his kitchen. The cat was very differnet to my Buddy but it renewed my hope that people have not forgotten about our quest.
I noticed even more of my posters have been torn down but they are still surviving in the main neighbourhood.
I will see if I can borrow the laminator machine at work tomorrow so that I can make some more posters.
Thankyou everybody, you really are all life savers, I hope you all realise just how much.

Link to CatChat