Author Topic: URGENT 14 cats! (Manchester) Now upadated with pix  (Read 27111 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: URGENT 14 cats! (Manchester) Now upadated with pix
« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2008, 20:17:57 PM »
Hope the transportation went well and the little ones were not too stressed.  who did you manage to get?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2008, 20:00:06 PM »
I will do Chrissy  :hug:  I got it wrong, she lives in Seaford not Sleaford  :-[  I'm sure they'll all be okay, Angie is a friend of a friend and she can vouch for her, her place sounds perfect for them and she has a nice large garden in which they can play in once they settle.  Still not sure who's going yet, it may well be who I can catch hold of first  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2008, 18:56:05 PM »
Best of luck with the trip.  Please give the cats a pet from me.  Hopefully they are now going to have the best life possible after the start they had.  Thanks to both Dawns and Angie.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2008, 18:08:51 PM »
Spoke to Angie and Friday is fine, it turns out she actually lives in Sleaford but can meet you in Brighton if need be.  I'll send you a pm with her address and phone number etc and we'll take it from there.  You'll have to let me know whereabouts in Warwick you want me to meet you and what time  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2008, 09:17:16 AM »
we're still not sure if Angie can take this Friday, if not I've told Dawn I will try and rearrange to suit her - I know that Dawn has got so much on her plate at the moment fitting everything in is hard

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2008, 06:44:55 AM »
Thank you Dawn, also Tia and Specky Becky?????  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2008, 00:31:17 AM »
I'll put my batteries on charge tonight and get some piccies of them tomorrow  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2008, 20:31:26 PM »
That's incredible Dawn, I am so happy that the little devils are learning what it's like to be petted.  Good luck on friday and how about a pic of Blackie and Syd?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2008, 20:12:13 PM »
I've just been honoured by Titch jumping up on my knee  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  I think she may be after my Mcflurry though  :sneaky:  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2008, 14:49:58 PM »
right next Friday 8th August - I'll get to Warwick around 2.30 I think - I'll pm you my mobile number and if you could send me Angie's address and number so I can try and work out where I'm going (if she phones and says I haven't arrived I haven't napped them I'm just lost!!)  I now have 6 carriers so I hope that is helpful

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2008, 11:55:25 AM »
Thanks hun  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2008, 11:47:31 AM »
I could try for 8th but have a meeting and don't know how long it is going to go on, it is supposed to be going to be on until 1 so that knocks everything back a bit and I'm trying to avoid the rush hour on the m25 because that will double their journey!!  I'll check with the girl chairing the meeting to see if she knows if we are likely to finish earlier

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2008, 11:40:10 AM »
a Friday would be best for me, do you think she could do 15th?

I can't see it being a problem, is the 15th the earliest? If we could get them to her sooner, I'd prefer that so I can get my numbers down abit.  I've got a few to sort but I'm chocca at the moment  :tired:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2008, 10:39:04 AM »
this is all DiddyDawn - I'm only the chauffeur!

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2008, 10:11:03 AM »
I agree - you rescue gang do a great job! :thanks:

Offline Jennifer

• Adult Cat
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2008, 10:04:41 AM »
You lot are amazing. I'm so glad I found this forum, I had no idea what lengths rescuers go to and I'm just really pleased that there are women like you lot in the country!
That's all I had to add. :shy:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2008, 09:47:50 AM »
well if I take a half day off work that should be about right, if I leave here at 12.30 I should be at Warwick by 2 and down to Brighton just after 5, I'll need to go to my friends because he wants to come with me to drop off, a Friday would be best for me, do you think she could do 15th?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2008, 19:29:21 PM »
Just spoke to Angie Dawn, and evening will be fine.  If we can sort a day out between ourselves and confirm with Angie this is okay, then we'll take it from there.  There's a couple of evenings when she's out as she does drama but can't remember what days she said  :shocked:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2008, 14:31:26 PM »
I've been leaving their cages open and when I go in, the odd ones are snuggled up in there so it shouldn't be too difficult to gather them up  :shy:  I had the odd I think playful smacks off a couple of the tabby/whites but nothing nasty, Smudge is just  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  Sid is gorgeous and Blackie has let me give him the odd little stroke  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  As for Titch, I love her to bits but I have enough cats to contend with without adding another to the menagerie  ;)   

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2008, 12:32:10 PM »
Oh heck, you will have fun rounding them up then.  Glad they are all ok.  Is Syd ok too and Blackie?  You are NOT thinking of allowing Titch to worm her way into your household are you missy?  :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2008, 10:34:58 AM »
Sorry Chrissy, I've been out this morning and haven't had chance to answer my pm yet  :-[  All the cats are fine, still need to get hold of Angie again but they've all settled in brilliantly  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  Haven't got a clue who is who anymore as most look the same  :evillaugh:  They decided to make a mass escape out their cage the other day and are now enjoying the comforts of the settee etc and Titch has took to lying next to my feet when I'm on the computer, I am so in love with this little lady  :Luv2:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2008, 09:43:35 AM »
DD have PM'd you but no response and tried to ring you twice today but no answer.  Just wondering how all the cats are doing and if there is anything I can do to help further.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2008, 11:54:35 AM »
Dawn - have you heard from Angie if she can do this during the week??  I know you're up to your ears in it so no rush

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2008, 00:39:24 AM »
All are absolutely fine and the vets said Blackie was really good  :Crazy:  I'll get some piccies of them the next couple of days, been absolutely knackered  :tired:  Sid is gorgeous  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  Hadn't told hubby about him and then he managed to get out of his cage and appeared upstairs on the bed  :scared:  Hubby asked who he was and he thinks he's gorgeous  :evillaugh:  He's certainly made himself at home, looks at you with the most adoring eyes and is so scrummy  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  He was lay on the bed with me after he sneaked up and was rolling over on his back, he is adoreable  :Luv:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2008, 19:29:40 PM »
How did Blackie, Tia and Specky Becky get on with their ops.  Hope it all went well and they are all curled up together looking forward to new lives with people who will give them the love and attention they need.  How's Syd doing?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2008, 19:22:11 PM »
Jackie got four more cats today (no she didn't I am just teasing you)
 :rofl: :rofl:

Thats mean!!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2008, 06:33:33 AM »
Hope Blackie, Tia and (Specky) Becky don't give Sean too hard a time and hope all goes well for them.  Also please give Syd Snot a cuddle from me.

Jackie got four more cats today (no she didn't I am just teasing you)
 :rofl: :rofl:

Not funny really I know but needed to feel a bit lighthearted this morning

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #136 on: July 24, 2008, 22:13:01 PM »
These babes have all been dropped off at the vets this evening ready for their ops tomorrow.  It's possible the two ladies are pregnant but I'm not even going to think about it, they've been through so much and they need to get their bodies back in shape.  They are all quite skinny and haven't really had the nutrition they need so it's going to be a fresh start for all of them  :Luv2:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2008, 18:58:16 PM »
Good work  ;D   :ok:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2008, 12:32:48 PM »
Blackie will be going into the vets tomorrow along with the two little ladies to have his bits removed  :evillaugh:  All are fine but a little hissy spitty which is to be expected, I put Blackie in with them when I got home last night so he felt less stressed, it shouldn't be long before he settles down again.  If we'd have known I was going to have the cats here this long, Blackie would have come with them to start.  He was stressed out at Sues and was extremely frightened so we felt it best to get him back with his family as I'm sure he was missing them.  He can now be rehomed along with one or more of them and I'm sure he'll be a lot happier than going on his own somewhere  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2008, 22:24:19 PM »
I'm glad it's over and done with now, just need to get them to their new homes.  Blackie is here as well, tried Sue again on the way home and picked him up.  He'll be going in Friday with the other 2 to be neutered  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2008, 19:30:15 PM »
  :cheer: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :cheer:MISSION ACCOMPLISHED thanks to Dawn.  All the cats have now been removed.  The missing one turned up so she has gone too.  I cannot thank Dawn enough for all her hard work and dedication to helping these little kitties into a new life.  Bless you Dawn.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2008, 15:58:07 PM »
I'll definately try and help if I can - I've only got a micra so the petrol isn't too bad

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2008, 15:52:24 PM »
Yep, Phoebe went to her new home yesterday, she settled in in no time and checked out every bed  :Luv2:

it would be a treak for you down to Brighton, even with me picking up at warwick its a good 3 hours to Brighton

I know, that's why hubby is putting his foot down with me, he said it's too much and we can't afford it plus it's wear and tear on my car  :-:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 15:53:36 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2008, 15:49:30 PM »
did you take Pheobe yesterday?  it would be a treak for you down to Brighton, even with me picking up at warwick its a good 3 hours to Brighton

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2008, 15:44:36 PM »
I'll see what they're like getting them into carriers  :scared:  They may be okay as they're much calmer than they were.  I may be able to part with a couple if that's the case.  I was contemplating taking them all the way to Brighton but hubby went ape because of all the fuel it's costing me at the moment which is understandable.  I put £40 in yesterday to go to Lincolnshire, got a lift on the back of a trailer up to Barnsley  :evillaugh:  and I was still on empty when I got home, hubby was not amused so I have to cut down on my mileage I've been told  :loon: 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 15:47:13 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2008, 13:47:41 PM »
hadn't even thought about carriers, I've only got four but we could swap some over into those if it helps

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2008, 13:46:30 PM »
have you heard from Angie Dawn about weekday delivery!  I'm not going to be able to do it on my next flex day (30th) because mil is arriving from italy and oh needs my car but if she is up for it I'll look into taking a days leave

I'll try and speak to her later, still got to get the other one from Manchester and get her spayed but want to get them sorted asap.  Still got a problem with carriers I think, I don't want to use my hospital cages for transporting them as I need them  :tired:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2008, 18:28:25 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Roz but the credit must go to Dawn for all her hard work and travelling.  She has been a star

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2008, 15:46:54 PM »
have you heard from Angie Dawn about weekday delivery!  I'm not going to be able to do it on my next flex day (30th) because mil is arriving from italy and oh needs my car but if she is up for it I'll look into taking a days leave

Link to CatChat