Author Topic: URGENT 14 cats! (Manchester) Now upadated with pix  (Read 27108 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: URGENT 14 cats!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 20:20:33 PM »
I'm in Manchester.  Three of them are done, I sorted that out several years ago for her but this has just got out of hand now.  I don't think she has any idea about the cats' personalities etc just says that most of them aren't used to being handled.  The two toms are fighting it out for supremacy and spraying everywhere (the house smells awful).  The just born kittens are all dead, killed by one of the other cats apparently.  I think I might know which one it is and where it might be but the people whose garden it hides in are not in at the moment.  This is a nightmare

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Re: URGENT 14 cats!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 20:15:42 PM »
Ring your local CP (sorry i dont know if you are a rescue or not) and see if they will ring HQ on your behalf to get them all covered to be neutered..

Or ring yourself and see what they say..

Talk to a local vet who may be able to give abit of discount..if you take all 14 cats to them.. Females higher proirity to males.. In the wider scheme of t hings.. Make sure you make a note of which ones are done and which ones are outstanding to be done esp if they are all black etc

Then try to get as much infor as poss on each cat and start to rehome. But first action is to stop the breeding and then rehome.. mum and kittens just born high priority.. Where abouts are you?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 20:17:27 PM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
URGENT 14 cats! (Manchester) Now upadated with pix
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 20:06:01 PM »
Well I went to see the alcohol lady just now and the situation is far far worse than I anticipated.  There are14 cats, 11 of whom are unneutered (two Toms). One cat has had kittens today and one of the other cats has killed the kittens and the woman doesn't know where the mother is right now.  Most of the cats are not used to being handled.  She burst into tears and said it has all got out of hand and she needs help.  She is prepared to let 10 of the cats go (I just might have a home for one of them) and I said I would try to get help with getting them neutered.  She will hold on to them until someone can take them.  I am sure they wont be vaccinated etc.  I am at a loss to know what to do but something has to be done.  Any ideas would be gratefully received
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 12:02:08 PM by Maddiesmum »

Link to CatChat