Author Topic: URGENT 14 cats! (Manchester) Now upadated with pix  (Read 27110 times)

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
Re: URGENT 14 cats! (Manchester) Now upadated with pix
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2008, 14:59:42 PM »
Hi Chrissie and Dawn,

Have only just caught up with this thread but did catch a wiff of ya both last week when standing downwind of Warrington here in Norfolk :evillaugh:  Poooooooh! 

Seriously, you both deserve a medal.  Well done!  Thank the Lord those little babes are safe and well now.  Sad about the ones that she is keeping.  I bet they stink too...bless them.  Three of mine came from a filthy, disgusting hovel and stank to high heaven when I fetched them home, but amazingly when the vet checked them over (I had pre-arranged the appointment so that I could have them examined before bringing them into my house), they were not found to be in bad health....and nine years later, have hardly had any illness at all....touch wood (a thousand times). 

And I agree with you Dawn....they are beautiful looking cats.  The two Titch's are lovely. :Luv:

Lots of love

Roz
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 18:35:28 PM by Roz »
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2008, 20:47:03 PM »
Bless her and bless you Dawn, only one more to go at Jackie's plus Blackie to sort out at Sue's.  Well done missus :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2008, 18:16:17 PM »
Rusty has now been spayed and she's back home from the vets.  She was a little madam but I didn't expect anything less  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2008, 22:43:54 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2008, 12:29:44 PM »
Awwww.  :Luv:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2008, 12:09:17 PM »
They are all extremely cute, and I'm in love with the gorgeous Titch  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2008, 12:07:36 PM »
Just bumping up so you can all ooh and aah over the sweet devils :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: URGENT 14 cats! (Manchester)
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2008, 08:34:38 AM »
Let me see if I can take a day off, it wouldn't be next week but leave it with me

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2008, 07:01:34 AM »
Thanks Dawn it is so nice to see pix of the sweeties.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2008, 02:08:44 AM »
and more  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  Top pic we have the gorgeous Smudge, then Sheba, Little Titch and finally Titch and Malibu  :Luv2:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 03:00:26 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2008, 02:07:25 AM »
All babes are fine and settling really well  :Luv:  Gave them all a good fuss this evening apart from Rusty, I'm still letting her settle a little bit but I've had no growling or hissing off her  :)  Malibu is still a little nervous but she's such a cuddle bum with Titch, they really are sweet together  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  I've managed to give Smudge and Titch a fuss, Sheba is still extremely wary but I did manage a couple of strokes  :evillaugh:  I'm sure once they all settle down, they'll be fine, Little Titch is a totally different cat this evening and is getting quite noisy now  :Luv2:  I was going to take Rusty in the vets tomorrow but she'll be going in Friday now, this will let her settle a little bit and I'll try and sort out for moving them next week I think after we've caught Tia but I'll have to have a little chat with Dawn  :shocked:  The main problem I've got is I work weekends and Dawn is going to Brighton on Saturday but I need to get the cats to Warwick  :doh:  If this isn't possible, I'll have to make the journey myself but I really am up to my eyes in it but ideally I need them in their new home asap  :tired:

Anyway, here's some piccies of the gorgeous girls  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  From the top, we have Rusty, Malibu and Titch, Titch, Little Titch and  Smudge  :Luv:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 03:01:42 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2008, 19:14:26 PM »
Managed to trap Rusty but Tia is having none of it.  Poor Dawn spent the afternoon here (made her a butty though) and now we both stink to high heaven and she has to come back again!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2008, 13:47:43 PM »
Trap no 1 set with juicy sardines.  However both Tia and Rusty flew in the opposite direction when we put the trap out!!!  Clever so and so's these little cats

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2008, 13:15:35 PM »
I certainly did  :evillaugh:  I'll be leaving shortly so get that bloody kettle on  ;)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2008, 06:41:04 AM »
You expected that didn't you? 

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2008, 23:06:25 PM »
Malibu and Titch are both fine but Malibu was a little minx with Sean apparently  :evillaugh:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2008, 16:39:30 PM »
Dawn has taken Titch and Malibu to be neutered at her vet today.  I honestly don't know what we would have done without Dawn she is truly a superstar.  Hopefully the remaining two will be trapped tomorrow (fingers, toes and eyes crossed). 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2008, 09:00:21 AM »
omg shall I change my mind!!!  is there any chance whoever is bringing them from Dawn's could meet me at the service station at Warwick, my friend in Brighton has offered to come with me once I get down there so I don't get lost as I am near to useless at finding anything

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2008, 07:10:39 AM »
They have the sweetest little faces too

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2008, 21:49:07 PM »
Bless them, hope they settle down soon

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2008, 21:28:53 PM »
I am sure they will respond to you again Dawn, just let them settle and get over today's stress.  You do so well with them, you can do it again

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2008, 21:19:25 PM »
They are a little more settled, I've just left them be to recover.......I'm a little scared now trying to handle them, I was fine when I first brought them home on Wednesday but Sean's put me off  :scared:  :evillaugh:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2008, 20:16:27 PM »
Have they settled down now they are back?  Who'd be a vet

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2008, 19:19:13 PM »
Gauntlets had to be used on these 3  :scared:  Sean said he's never seen anything like it and he said if they pull their stitches out to take them to the other vets  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2008, 19:16:30 PM »
LOL the vet who did the other two said Tigger had to be put in one of those special cages and he thought he was going to run up the walls.  They said they thought he was feral and the vet nurse showed me her three wounds.  He is so mild mannered at home if a bit of a  bully.  Poor little mites what they have had to endure.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2008, 19:13:36 PM »
The cats are now home, Titch has been checked over, there's a little bit of milk there and she has recently had babies.  Sean had a face on him like a slapped  :censored: when I went in  :-:  Apparently, Little Titch, Sheba and Smudge were the worst cats he's ever dealt with  :-[  He said they were like a pack of animals all trying to attack him at the same time, he ended up just putting his hand in, grabbing one and praying he would survive  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  God help him when Malibu goes in on Tuesday, she is a little scarey  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 19:15:40 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2008, 19:11:52 PM »
How did the ops go?  Did Sean see Titch or haven't you been yet?  Other two who were neutered Wed are both fine.  Rang to see how Blackie is coping but your friend was on answerphone so left message for her to call.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 19:17:03 PM by Maddiesmum »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2008, 16:46:21 PM »
All the cats are fine, the receptionists thinks one was pregnant with one kitten but I'll find out shortly anyway.  I'm taking Titch in for Sean to check over as he's doing surgery this evening so I'll update when I get back  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2008, 10:57:38 AM »
Thanks hun, if only recent, it's better that her womb settles back first before she's spayed so I'll have a chat with Sean first as well before I get her booked in  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2008, 10:50:28 AM »
I think 2 weeks ago if it is Titch that had them.  Rusty had hers last week I know that for sure.  Can check with Jackie this evening when she gets in from work and will get back to you with definite info.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2008, 10:32:49 AM »
I think it's Malibu in with Titch and Little Titch is in the other cage Dawn

Malibu is a tabby/white then, that's the one that's hissing at me  :scared:  If Titch had the babies, that would explain her swollen nipples  :'(  How long ago did she have them, do you know?

Can I ask a "Q" please....What does it smell like when you have been sprayed? Is it a musky smell?  :shify:

I suppose it is really, a gross smell and not one that would do you any good on the social scene  :sick:  :evillaugh:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2008, 10:01:59 AM »
Can I ask a "Q" please....What does it smell like when you have been sprayed? Is it a musky smell?  :shify:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2008, 07:40:08 AM »
I think it's Malibu in with Titch and Little Titch is in the other cage Dawn

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2008, 06:15:08 AM »
I think Rusty and Titch had the babies.  I know one of the tabbies you have had a litter recently.  Sheba is the black one.  The other two tabbies are Little Titch and Malibu.  I would get the vet to look at her if possible Dawn as then we can be sure.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2008, 03:49:38 AM »
I think I've finally got rid of the smell but have been having whiffs of it all day  :sick:  :sick:  I put my coat on today when I went to the vets,  :omg: I felt  :sick: , it got bunged in the washer this evening and hopefully it will smell nice and fresh tomorrow  :evillaugh:

I felt abit bad today as I never felt any of the girls that went in the vets this evening, I'm just hoping none are pregnant, but maybe it's best I don't know and in saying that, I'm a little concerned about Titch  :tired:  Chrissie, do you know whether she's recently had babies as her nipples are well up  :-:  Haven't been able to feel Sheba (I assume that's the name of the other Tabby/white that's in with Titch), she's still very hissy with me and looks like she's going to pounce  :scared:  Titch is extremely loving and has been rolling over for tummy tickles bless her but I'm a little undecided what to do, whether to take her in or get the vet to check her first.  If she's pregnant, I don't know how far gone she is with her nipples being the size they are  :doh:  If she's recently had kittens and they were a litter Smudge killed, it would explain it but I could do with you having a chat with Jackie and finding out if you don't mind  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2008, 19:07:39 PM »
It was tom cat smell combined with fillth and grease Dawn!  One of my neighbours told me I stank and I still keep getting whiffs today despite washing all my clothes, cleaning my shoes and having a bath and hair wash.

Fingers crossed the little ones' ops go well. Bless them they have gone through so much.  They did their best to survive in terrible surroundings and deserve the chance to enjoy being happy little cats once they are settled.

Don't forget the pix.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2008, 18:54:08 PM »
The sad thing is, I'm getting used to it and it wasn't just tom cat smell  :sick:  :sick:  I haven't quite figured out yet what it was  :sick:  :evillaugh:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2008, 18:50:37 PM »
Only a mad cat woman would put up with tom cat smell whilst enjoying a coffee  :sick: they are 2 of my most hated smells  :sick:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2008, 18:46:26 PM »
Dawn, laughing that you had a coffee before a shower  :rofl:   :faint: :faint: :heeee heeee:

:-[ and why's that  :sneaky:  A girl needs her caffeine fix after the day I had  ;)

I've taken 3 of these gorgeous girls into the vets ready for their op tomorrow, I think Smudge, Malibu (just love that name  :Luv2:), and little Titch.  I thought it was less stressful and then Titch and Sheba the other 2 girls will be going in on Tuesday for spaying and to make todays up to 4, I took Charlotte in as well, she's Tarka's mum and she will be spayed and dematted  :Luv2:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2008, 17:46:19 PM »
Good work  ;D

Dawn, laughing that you had a coffee before a shower  :rofl:   :faint: :faint: :heeee heeee:

Link to CatChat