Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790303 times)

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2010, 09:30:21 AM »
Oh dear. T you did the best you could, but sometimes it's not meant to be. I hope mum and the remaining kitten thrive. :Luv2:

I'm Glad to hear Pepsi and her kittens are doing so well  :Luv:

Dell boy is probably just jealous of all the attention others are getting. :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2010, 09:17:27 AM »
Hercules was obviously meant to be Minimopsicals charge, as Desley said.  :hug:

Great news that the other little guy is hanging in there and Mum cat's doing well. Also brilliant news about Pepsi and her little tribe! Get some sleep, Teresa - it's well deserved. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2010, 08:56:01 AM »
wow Teresa what a twist of fate - I guess the Inn will be open just that little bit longer now  :hug: :hug:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2010, 08:53:51 AM »
I too am a lurker here

T you have been amazing looking after these kittens.

Mega vibes coming your way from us  :hug: :hug:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2010, 07:58:22 AM »
Come on Minipopsical keep sucking  :Luv2:

Bet Pepsi thinks it is Christmas with all this extra food,  I tried deperately to wean Gracies kittens it was a nightmare as Gracie would always eat all the food  :Crazy:

Try and get some sleep now T,  Minipopsical needs you to be 100%  :hug:

Minimopsical,  Buster and Hercules are now having breakfast together and planning the next intervention to keep that Inn open and Minimopsical is in her element as she has a baby to care for.  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 07:59:20 AM by Daisymac »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2010, 07:55:19 AM »
Hercules was very lucky that you were able to give him every chance Teresa, but Mini needed a little one to care for at the Bridge. Fingers crossed Minipopsical (love the name), continues to be a fighter, and that Maisie is a good mum. Can't believe the way your day turned out yesterday.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #214 on: April 28, 2010, 07:48:22 AM »
 :Luv:  Yes, I don't think you're wrong, Teresa.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #213 on: April 28, 2010, 07:44:25 AM »
In life Minimopsical was always in charge, this is how I imagine her now.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #212 on: April 28, 2010, 07:35:51 AM »

You all gave it your best shot - can't help thinking that Minimopsical will be first at the bridge looking out for little Hercules.  She will look after him.  He won't be left alone.  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #211 on: April 28, 2010, 07:27:46 AM »
Its been a very long night and there is some good news and some bad.
The good news is that MiniPopsical who is with mum is still alive, the bad news is that Hercules died 10 minutes ago,it wasnt for want of trying we gave it our best shot but a case of mum cat knew best. Had we left him with mum cat he would have died yesterday evening, we can only do what we believe to be right for these little ones, faced with such a terrible choice, and if it had been possible, he would have stayed with mum.

Pepsi`s kittens  have tasted their first solids this morning, a little dry Royal Canin kitten growth which was left for mum so they have now been given a dish of the R,C, weaning kitten which Pepsi will probably steal, these cats get the better of us every time :)

Please no RIP`s or candles this must stay a happy place today.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #210 on: April 28, 2010, 07:05:39 AM »

Am absolutely blown away by what has happened on this thread.  I looked at the pictures and didn't understand at first. 

I hope that all is well this morning.  I take nothing for granted, but - Aunty T - Paddy just Looooooves his Aunty T and sends you this  :catplay2: :cat rub: 

Offline Carolyn

• Adult Cat
« Reply #209 on: April 28, 2010, 00:33:05 AM »
Keeping everything crossed for the babies and that they make it, positive thoughts going out from me xxx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2010, 23:39:51 PM »
Crazy stuff - fingers crossed for little Hercules. (And Minipopsical of course, but he has an advantage.)

Glad to hear Pepsi and her brood are doing well, and Dell Boy.... :Luv:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #207 on: April 27, 2010, 23:32:37 PM »
3rd feed just given and first wee done, best explain the various pics which OH took as I worked.

First one in sink of  warm water to slowly bring body temp up, from then on he was rubbed with warmed up flannels heated in tumble dryer, at one stage gave him whiff of my oxygen and eventually got a sucking motion.Finally when warm and sucking went out and squeezed milk from Maisies teat and popped him on it, sadly Maisie later rejected him. I can barely see his little mouth but know he is feeding by the ear movement. If we make it through the night we will see if mum feels differently about him.
Roll on morning I am worn out, got a bit used to good life of going to bed.

I am in utter disbelief that Maisie was pregnant and I know that ClaireR who has cuddled and cuddled her will not believe this could happen. Hopefully I will wake up and find its all been a crazy dream.

Update on other Paws Inn cats all well, Pepsis kittens running round playing, poor Dell Boy quite verbal after all the commotion in Pens with Maisie, must find a treat for the poor boy tomorrow.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #206 on: April 27, 2010, 22:09:03 PM »
Come on Hercules and Minipopsical!! You can do it guys. And Maisie, you're a sly girl.  :hug: to Teresa.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #205 on: April 27, 2010, 22:06:16 PM »
Sending lots of love, will be thinking about the little ones :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2010, 22:01:21 PM »
The Clan are sending all their postivie thoughts to you and Hercules for a peaceful productive night :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2010, 22:01:07 PM »
All the best for these babies and for you Teresa  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #202 on: April 27, 2010, 21:59:43 PM »
Maisie has rejected Hercules yet again, so I have left her with MiniPosical who is warm and being fed and brought Hercules ginger who had yet again gone cold into house, I know that mum cat knows best but I have to try and Hercules has just had his first feed from me after being warmed up.

Guess I will be up all night but in the morning I will be having words with Maisie over her virgin birth  :rofl:

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2010, 21:54:14 PM »
Im a lurker ...   :-[

But HAD to say Im so thrilled to read this and see those pictures.  :Luv2:

Many, many good wishes, love  and vibes and coming your way  :hug:  

All fingers and paws crossed with the Chessington Mob here!  
People Power Works!!!

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
« Reply #200 on: April 27, 2010, 21:52:23 PM »
Ooh more healing healthy vibes being sent out to these 2 wee babies and their mum, and to you to T.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #199 on: April 27, 2010, 21:47:11 PM »
Keeping everything crossed for these babes  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #198 on: April 27, 2010, 21:35:30 PM »
I'm keeping everything crossed for them and sending lots of fighting spirit their way. Boopy's first litter were premature and the vet told me that he did not expect any of them to make it. 3 of them did and just look at Star and Minxy now!!
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #197 on: April 27, 2010, 21:34:35 PM »
Please God its me again, I'm sorry I doubted your existence but please just 2 little miracles for these babies. 

I'm fairly sure he'll listen to you. ;) :hug: Keep fighting little ones, you can do it!!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #196 on: April 27, 2010, 21:28:40 PM »
Minimopsical and Buster obviously had other palns for their Mum our Aunty T ansd no doubt hatched this plan from Rainbow Bridge over a nice leisurely breakfast this morning so that their names live on in the spirit of the wonderful plaice they called home and I'm sure there is a guiding paw or 2 for Maisie and her babies :hug:

We have all paws crossed here at the clan for Maise and her babies and of course for our Aunty T - far to young to retire ;)
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #195 on: April 27, 2010, 21:25:19 PM »
Hercules is ginger MiniPopsical is black/white both boys.

Their chances of survival are very slim but I have found my old fighting spirit with a lot of help from 3 wonderful people on this forum and by heck I will be fighting for them.

Please God its me again, I`m sorry I doubted your existence but please just 2 little miracles for these babies. 

Off out to Pens now

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #194 on: April 27, 2010, 21:19:41 PM »
 :hug: to auntie T and the little ones.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #193 on: April 27, 2010, 21:15:53 PM »
Those sneaky felines! And I love the names! Which one's which?

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #192 on: April 27, 2010, 21:13:35 PM »
Wow what a day,  I was totally gutted that T decided to close Paws Inn,  I really thought it was a loss to us here on Purrs and a loss to all the cats and kittens she has saved,  including my Ripley who is really is the light of my life.......  anyway,  I phone Teresa when I get in from work,  Rob answers the phone and says we are having an emergency and T cant come to the phone,   I am now seriously worried,    I speak to T eventually and catch up with what has been happening.  Maisie the lovely Tortie girl that Claire R is in love with (pic on page 1 of this thread) has given birth to 3 kittens,  the birth is premature and nobody had any idea that Maisie was pregnant,  she was losing weight and that was a concern not gaining weight through pregnancy  :Crazy:   unfortunately one of the kittens was still born,  another one of the kittens (black and white) is weak but is suckling from Mum and the 3rd kitten (ginger) was alive but was left by Mum and was dying.   Teresa goes into Teresa mode,  runs into the garden with no oxygen,  tells Rob to do exactly as she says,  they take the little ginger kitten,  T throws everything out of her tumble dryer onto the floor,  gets some towels warmed up,  gets warm water in the sink and gets that kitten warm and starting to respond,  she has been rubbing and helping the kitten and it seems to be stronger,    T knows she has a choice here,  she either hand rears this kitten or she gets it to suckle from it's Mum,  bearing in mind a newborn kitten has 1ml of milk per hour and you can not give that too quickly or you flood the lungs,  hand rearing a newborn is quite a risk. If she is going to get the kitten to suckle from Mum,  she has one chance at this,  she has to take the kitten back to Mum,  squeeze Mum's teats to produce milk and get the kitten on as soon as possible and sucking,  if it doesn't work first time it wont work at all.   So far the kitten is back with Mum it is sucking and things seem OK,   T is checking every half hour and will hand rear if she see's any sign of distress.  

So all in all,   Paws Inn is back in business this evening,  T is performing miracles and I bet that Minimopsical and Buster hatched this plan from Rainbow Bridge over a nice leisurely breakfast this morning  :Luv2:

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 21:17:05 PM by Daisymac »

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2010, 21:12:21 PM »
That would be Hercules and MiniPopsicle  :Luv2:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2010, 21:11:09 PM »
Excellent. What are they called? (I meant the markings look a lot like Tobesters. ;) I wasn't angling to name another cat.... :))

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #189 on: April 27, 2010, 21:08:57 PM »
Babies have been named already

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #188 on: April 27, 2010, 21:04:38 PM »
I think I see Claire updating before I do so I will let her provide the story.

T I just have to say, these two babies are just perfect. Keeping all my toes and fingers crossed for them both. Maisie is just luscious and already looks to be doing the right job.  :Luv2:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #187 on: April 27, 2010, 21:03:37 PM »
What amazing pictures....I see a ginger Toby baby! Updates please, DM and KB! ;)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2010, 20:51:30 PM »
last lot, over to you DM and KB

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #185 on: April 27, 2010, 20:49:04 PM »
next 1 more batch

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #184 on: April 27, 2010, 20:47:37 PM »
next

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #183 on: April 27, 2010, 20:45:57 PM »
Cant tell story at minute but Daisymac will help out and maybe Kittybabe when 16 pic posted a miracle

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #182 on: April 26, 2010, 21:40:07 PM »
Hi All,

Thanks for being so welcoming and I'm so glad I didn't come across as being insensitive or my post poorly timed.

I think it's wonderful, thanks to the technology, to be able to keep in touch and share photos etc of successful rescues. When I picked Chico/Scamp up from Teresa I remember commenting that it must be the worst part of the job parting with such a beautiful and friendly little loveable bundle but she replied that it was the best part as she knew the little one was going to a good home and that her job was done. The least I can do is keep in touch to give updates :)

It was really nice being able to meet Pepsi and hear a little about Scamp's background as so often it's a complete mystery. Our 'existing' cat Scruff came to us as a stray thus we knew absolutely nothing about him. There's actually quite a tale to tell about him which I'm sure you'll all love to hear and I'll try to make a post on that later in the week.

One 'regret' I have is that I didn't weigh and measure Scamp when we got him as I can tell he's grown so fast and I'd love to know the difference. I did halfheartedly put him in some cooking measuring scales but did not manage to get a successful figure lol. We've relatively recently moved house and we don't have any human weighing scales and I think I'd rather keep it that way as I can't bear to look at them !  :innocent:

Anyhoo, I'm so, so glad that my previous post was able to give Teresa a short and happy distraction from a sad week at Paws.

All the best to you all,

S.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2010, 09:54:12 AM »
So glad Chico/Scamp has got his paws firmly under your table and is setting about continuing the good work  :) 

Definitely....and more photos please! ;)

Link to CatChat