Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 786632 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #180 on: April 26, 2010, 07:04:49 AM »
A lovely update Sarah  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #179 on: April 26, 2010, 07:02:19 AM »

I agree - Lil_Scruff, your post is very inspirational, and kind of sums up beautifully what Paws Inn,  Minimopsical and Purrs represents   :hug: :hug:  So glad Chico/Scamp has got his paws firmly under your table and is setting about continuing the good work  :) 

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #178 on: April 24, 2010, 16:12:29 PM »
Welcome to Purrs Sarah LilScruff, in truth your post is just the tonic I need right now.

No such thing as hijacking this thread, its all about Paws Inn past, present and future and Chico/ Scamp as Christine so wonderfully put it is a Paws Inn graduate,stick around and you will meet many more on Purrs. .
Hope this means you will be posting pictures of our boy as he grows up.
If you scrolled right back you will come across pics of Chico/Scamps mum Pepsi and his 5 younger brothers and sisters
Sorry not able to chat about anything else at minute, but thankyou all for posts pm`s  :hug: :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #177 on: April 24, 2010, 14:25:56 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Lil_Scruff: glad you found us and decided to join in  ;D

I don't think your post is insensitive: Minimopsical would be the first to applaud the successful career of a Paws Inn graduate and at a time of sadness, it's great to hear Scamp's tale of hope.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #176 on: April 24, 2010, 00:12:47 AM »
Hi all,

I feel absolutley awful that this is my first post on this site as I have been registered for some time having been a previous Cat Chat regular (read only) and only just thought to look at the forums on this site. When I saw that there was a Paws Inn thread I was ecstatic as I have recently been in contact with T and Rob. When I read a little further and read about Mini I can honestly say that it brought a tear to my eye.

I really, really don't want to be seen as to be 'hijacking' this thread on poor little girl but wanted to post a message as I hope it will bring some cheer to Teresa. I'm actually the girl who adopted a certain little boy who some of you may be familiar with named Chico who's now a little Scamp. Earlier this evening I had cause to go on the CatChat website and my computer 'cookies' reloaded the first page which I ever on the little chap. The page read that he was "very weak and a bit of a weed". I have never laught so hard as he is anything but that now and is scarily and extremely strong. He seems tp have picked up a dog like habit and loves to play chase! It's very bizarre yet adorable but I dread to think how much time I've spent playing it with him. Time well spent though!

Chico/Scamp has brought so, so much happiness to me and my fiancee (and I honestly think my 'existing' cat Scruff is coming to enjoy his company juding by the way they snuggle on our bed :) ) and I really want to thank Teresa and anyone else on this site who may have helped the poor little lad's start to life.

I saw that T posted some pics from an email I sent recently and it gave me such a warm glow inside! You guys do such a fantastic job and I'm so, so grateful. To re-read that first appeal page on the little thing really is incredible. He is so, so, so strong now you would not believe!

Once again, if this post come across as somewhat insensitive then I sincerely apologise. I had heard about little Miniscopical's story on the Paws Inn website and met the little lady when collecting Chico/Scamp. I hope she's happily chasing butterflys somehwere on that rainbow bridge that we all unfortunately know so much about.

Teresa, I hope me posting on here doesn't cause any alarm and I am delighted and honoured that you have shared the pics of little Chico/Scamp and Scruff. I am very, very sorry for your loss but I want you to know how much happiness your kind commitment brings to us adoptive parents.

Take good care in be in touch again soon,

Sarah

PS - STILL looking for that wrapping paper!

Offline Carolyn

• Adult Cat
« Reply #175 on: April 23, 2010, 23:11:12 PM »
So sorry to hear the news :'(  Big hugs to you and Rob, I know what a big part of your lives Minimopsical was :(

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2010, 20:57:03 PM »
So very sad  :'(

thinking of you T  :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #173 on: April 23, 2010, 19:15:59 PM »
I can't imagine how devastated Teresa must be feeling. Sending her a big hug. :care:

RIP Minimopsical, I never met you but felt I knew you; what a wonderful girl you were.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #172 on: April 23, 2010, 16:47:53 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this Teresa, she sounds a very special furbabe.  :hug: to you and R.I.P. Minimopsical xxx   :(

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #171 on: April 23, 2010, 15:46:40 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'(
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2010, 15:40:18 PM »
 :'( :'( :'(

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #169 on: April 23, 2010, 15:18:36 PM »
I am so sorry and like all of us, my thoughts are with Teresa at this time.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2010, 15:10:38 PM »

Teresa has asked me to let you know that sadly Minimopsical was diagnosed with lung cancer today. She had to make the heartbreaking decision to let her go.Such very sad news  :(

I've created a thread here http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,31881.0.html to dedicate to Minimopsical.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2010, 14:56:50 PM »
Hoping she will be ok  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2010, 13:34:29 PM »

Keeping all paws and fingers crossed for a very special little lady.   :hug:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2010, 13:13:51 PM »
Hope we get some good news soon.   :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2010, 13:03:43 PM »
oh no  :hug:

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2010, 12:51:49 PM »
Sending healing vibes to you both.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2010, 12:41:45 PM »
Thinking of you both. :hug: a special cuddle from me to my special girl. :hug:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2010, 12:39:40 PM »
Just a quick update to let you know that Minimopsical is at the vets, she has deteriorated overnight.

OMG,  I hope she is going to be OK,  love and hugs being sent along with all the positive vibes I can  :hug: :hug:

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2010, 12:24:15 PM »
Sending lots of get well wishes to Minimopsical  :hug:
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2010, 12:15:52 PM »
Just a quick update to let you know that Minimopsical is at the vets, she has deteriorated overnight.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2010, 06:58:38 AM »

Blimey Teresa, you take some chances!  :evillaugh:  I can just imagine you, dazed and tangled, hedge backwards in the monkey puzzle...  :evillaugh:

Paddy very anxiously wants me to send super snoozles to Miss Minimopsical, and he hopes that there's nothing seriously amiss.  Maybe she is missing her duties, bless her - like you, she's never normally without little charges of one description or another.  :cat rub:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2010, 21:30:43 PM »
Did long update this afternoon and computer went down so lost it all,

Minimopsical went to vets today and weighed in at 2.7kg, the dog who was weighed immediately before her was 1.7kg  :Crazy: anyway our Minimopsical is under the weather and will be having full bloods in 2 weeks, she has had a 2week antibiotic jab today basically to be sure there is nothing there to complicate her blood tests when they are done, as the last lot ended up having to be repeated and sent  off to America,she also needs a dental which will carry risk so we need acurate bloods first. Andy also thinks she may be missing mothering tiny kittens, Lancelot was her last charge.
Pepsi`s babies are 3 weeks old today and adorable, I sneaked down the garden to far side of summerhouse and gazed at them playing through the window, I wanted to watch them naturally without human intervention and it was magical , weather was fine and all was calm until something spooked Pepsi and she leapt onto scratching post and pounced at window, I almost ended up in the monkey puzzle tree  :rofl:  What spooked her the noise from the conserver on my oxygen bottle  :rofl:
Fuchsia seems to be doing ok for now and Andy agrees with me that its best not to stress her out with the meds.
All else seem fine and Ginga Ninja as usually decided to do a cute pose or 3 for an unexpected visitor who refused to believe he could ever have been feral.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2010, 11:31:44 AM »
We hope to be down in June Auntie T and will hopefully get the time to visit - I will prepare the big handbag!!!! ;) :rofl:

I think I now have 3 things for the Clan to achieve - a Paws Inn Baby, a Sunny Harbour baby and one day a snow marbled blue eyed bengal baby - not much to ask but I can dream and on the doggie front my Blue Merle boy - the colour of Border Collie that I have always wanted - it would be a nice set - Black and white Sky, red tri colour - Sunny and the newbie the grey and white but better wait a while OH may not agree to all of them!!! :evillaugh:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2010, 11:09:03 AM »
I think everyone on here knows how i feel about ferals, lol!   ;)   :Luv2: :Luv2: He is just so gorgeous, like most of them at Cramar, very clean and some even love a fuss!   :Luv2: I've never seen a nasty one yet, even at my old work where Charlie came from-only scared ones   :(

Pepsi's family sound wonderful!   :Luv2:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 11:11:22 AM by Shirley »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2010, 10:32:14 AM »
... just as well as Pepsi wasnt bothered.

Maybe she's had quite enough of being a mother, thank you very much! ;)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2010, 09:57:50 AM »
Shirley Ginga Ninja the poser is one of our 2year old ferals , hes quite a softy in many ways now but not munchable  :rofl:

Liz we are about 30 minutes drive from Manchester airport, now how much fun can you have at 101st party compared to cat cuddling, you are very welcome to visit.

Pepsi and her kittens were moved from isolation down to the summerhouse pen yesterday, lots of space and fresh air, Claire removed big scratching post with turret top for me as previous mums have all put babies in the top and worried me sick, cant wait for kittens to be big enough to climb and have fun another couple of weeks and they will be everywhere. Korky and Midnight are already quite adventurous which resulted in one leaving the nest and not being able to climb back in, the squeals of help could be heard from the house, just as well as Pepsi wasnt bothered.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2010, 08:45:00 AM »
Ginga Ninja is stunning-that fluff is just calling out to be munched!!!   :Luv2: :Luv2: (All the others are gorgeous too!   :rofl:) Hope you're feeling better Teresa  :hug:

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2010, 18:12:10 PM »
So many adorable cats and kittens!

:hug:

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2010, 17:47:10 PM »
 :rofl: Ginga Ninga is just such a poser! He's adorable.

I am loving all the residents of the Paws Inn.  Whatever you 3 are doing at the hotel, you are doing it right, because they all look so happy and healthy. Although I have to admit that Pepsi still has my heart. She's just sooooo pretty.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2010, 17:27:22 PM »
What lovely pictures!! :Luv:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2010, 16:34:22 PM »
Oh Aunty T if the ginger nija's ever need a forever home they can come and join our crew they are just so  :Luv2:

Next napping plan will be the black stunners :Luv:

Miss M looking divine and Way to go Monica so much for last years incident ;D

I think that some of the Paws Inn long stayers or the ones not for the feinthearted normal homes should come and live here at the Clan I am in love just got to figure out the napping mission - how far are you from manchester - I have to go to a 101st birthday and feel it may be cut short to visit Aunty T and the Paws Inn mob! ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2010, 16:09:20 PM »
All lovely photos  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2010, 15:41:31 PM »
Ginga Ninja was enjoying posing so lots of him

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2010, 15:38:25 PM »
Pic of Monica climbing high to show her pelvis has fully recovered.
Christopher
Minimopsical
Ginga Ninja

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2010, 15:34:29 PM »
Pics of kittens

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2010, 15:32:49 PM »
Pics as promised

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2010, 20:59:50 PM »
Oh my word! :Luv: He looks soooo much better than when we collected him. His fur's glossy and it's very clear he's loved an awful lot. I can't begin to thank you enough, Teresa. :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 22:04:56 PM by JackSpratt »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2010, 20:49:50 PM »
I can't tell you the amount of satisfaction I got from reading that and seeing the pics, must be ten-fold for you  :hug:

Link to CatChat