Author Topic: Silvie not very well  (Read 18281 times)

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
Re: Silvie not very well
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 15:06:35 PM »
I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT SILVIE AND SEND BEST WISHES TO BOTH OF YOU

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 13:59:42 PM »
Aw, I'm so sorry to hear she's still poorly. Sending gentle snoozles for her.

:hug:
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 13:48:52 PM »
Poor Sylvie, fingers crossed for her. Did her bloods include a WBC?
Please spay your cat

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 12:55:10 PM »
Still not eating drinking. Back at vets. Her eyesight is very bad vet wants 2 refer for Mri but she not insured. Thinks its brain infection from nose, stroke or high blood pressure. Doing tests. Maybe drip. She very ill

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 08:59:17 AM »
How is Silvie doing now?
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 08:23:09 AM »
Poor Sylvie and poor you. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope the Covenia does its job and she is eating again soon. :care: :care: :care:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 05:46:29 AM »

Am glad the vet you saw is one who doesn't steamroller straight in Heather.  Given that it may be one of a number of things.  A very worrying time for you.  Sending huge snoozles for Silvie and you and hope she's improved this morning xxxx :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 23:30:56 PM »
Oh dear, poor Sylvie - and poor you, it is such a worry for you  :hug:

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
Silvie not very well
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 19:39:10 PM »
Took Silvie to the vets 2 weeks ago as lethargic and hardly eating. Had bloods done but all ok, kidneys etc fine. Had an anti inflammatory jab and ate when she got home. Had Loxicam to put in her food from then on but she refused to eat anything with it in! :doh:  Her appetite is still very poor, and last night she was acting very strangely, walking around like in a daze, back legs a bit wobbly and she had a scab on her nose which I picked off - resulting in lots of green snotty stuff pouring out, a bit bloodstained. She was also sick 3 times and on 2 x she threw up rather a large hairball. Took her to emergency late night vets and they ran more bloods but all ok. Heart rate a bit slow, said she was dehydrated and one kidney bigger than the other. Temperature normal.  A bit constipated. They gave her fluids under the skin, a pain killing injection, a rectal pessary to help constipation and said to contact my vet in the morning. I could have left her there overnight but it would have been around £1k and she is no longer insured :( That trip cost £414 :Crazy:   On the way back the rectal pessary worked :evillaugh:, we were in my brothers car as he drove me as he has a sat nav, and when we got back I had to clean her up with some wet wipes!   

Took her to my vets this morning and the locum there said the green stuff coming out of her nose was pus, and she prob had an upper respiratory infection, or it could either be a foreign body, a polyp or tumour. He gave her anti biotic shot of Covenia and said to see how she goes. Didnt want to rush in doing xrays, swabs etc as he likes to takes them step by step. Unlike my normal vet who would have wanted to do all that!  I am bathing her nose, as still green snot coming out now and again. Her eye is watering too. I am really hoping its an URI and nothing serious. Anyone else had a cat with something like this? :sick: :sick: :sick: PS she still is not eating.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 19:42:59 PM by heather sullivan »

Link to CatChat